Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones

naem posted:

CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Ted isn't as bad as what Ross becomes in later seasons, but whereas Ross was intentionally the butt of the joke and dunked on constantly Ted was mostly intended to be sympathetic. That makes Ted much worse.

Captain Jesus
Feb 26, 2009

What's wrong with you? You don't even have your beer goggles on!!
Yeah, Ted is as if somebody missed the point of Ross and made him the protagonist who is meant to be sympathetic or somehow the straight man of the group of weirdos. I don't think it makes Ted worse than Ross, but it makes the show worse for having this angle.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Lily is kramer. A completely self-serving sociopath.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I watched the whole of how I met your mother except for the final episode and I just can't be bothered lol

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Ted is a huge ayehole and I got sick of Barney after three episodes

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Jose posted:

I watched the whole of how I met your mother except for the final episode and I just can't be bothered lol

He marries aunt Robin the end

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
someone removed all the filler and compressed all the comdey into 1 super episode :aaa:

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Also was Ross was 100% in the closet

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Aren't all those filmed in front of a live audience told to laugh? Like I know it looks bad like that but it's specifically filmed that way

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Prettiest friend on the show by far

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.
So weird when I was watching Criminal Minds years later going why does she look so familiar?

Gnarly Sheen
Jun 25, 2015

I'm ITT

Outrail posted:

Heather locklear is 57 and by far the better option. I will fight you.

Betty White's 97 and she can take out her teeth. Time to square up, mittens.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Prettiest friend on the show by far

Why was she wearing a helmet the entire time she was on screen though

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

Sid Vicious posted:

He marries aunt Robin the end

I know everyone hated the ending, but I'm glad he married aunt Robin. "The Mother" was on the show for like 10 minutes and I didn't give a gently caress about her. I didn't want to see Ted marry some stranger. He was meant to be with aunt Robin the whole time.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I really think that marrying robin in the only way for that show to actually end properly and to have an ending that like, reflects the seasons before it, i think it was a real good move. Like why would the show start with him meeting robin otherwise?

also, josh radnor built a giant deck that overlooked his neighbours house, and when they got mad at him for doing this illegally he would get drunk and berate them shirtless from his balcony

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Tangential but that scene with the clingy dress and the fakeout seduction is the hottest Lisa Kudrow's ever been.

Killswitch
Feb 25, 2009
Teds wife dies of cancer or whatever and you’re supposed to feel bad for him but he was such a miserable whiny poo poo that i laughed and cheered at his misfortune.

Kudos to the actor who plays him.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

the worst part of the show was when they revealed barney was a fraud and not smart or cool and his job was to be a stooge, i think it would have been funnier if they left it to the imagination and you assumed he was a cigarette rep or weapons dealer or something

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Cristin Milioti was a breath of fresh air as The Mother and the only redeeming factor of that last season.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Ted and Robin didn't belong together. They were too different

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

Laterite posted:

Cristin Milioti was a breath of fresh air as The Mother and the only redeeming factor of that last season.

I really liked The Mother. To the point where I was like “wait, she’s too, like, nice and cool to be with Ted. This makes no sense. At all.”

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

great big cardboard tube posted:

please do not disrespect phoebe

Phoebe's the sanest one. She's "quirky", but not a tangled mess of complexes that hurt her and everyone around her.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Robin is an awful character, the Canadian jokes were nails on a blackboard bad and if you thought that show was funny you're probably pretty dumb tbh.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Netflix paid 100 million dollars for a year of it so obviously someone is watching this loving terrible show

It’s me

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Also Courtney Cox looked unnaturally thin in the the last two years or so

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Code Jockey posted:

phoebe > monica > rachel close thread

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

love the nipples on friends, they kept it cold and now with hd tv its like BAM look at rachel's nips

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Caesar Saladin posted:

love the nipples on friends, they kept it cold and now with hd tv its like BAM look at rachel's nips

nipple tech has advanced a lot in the past 20 years.

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
Jennifer Anniston had a threesome on a plane, look it up it's true

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
What, like in a cessna?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Monica > Rachel for sure. too bad she jumped right into the deep end of plastic surgery

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJPwu9rIGIM

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
NSFW
http://www.deeplake.com/Pictures/JA/ja03.jpg
https://visual-archive.livejournal.com/21131.html

Nonviolent J fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Feb 18, 2019

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Himym succeeded at running jokes right into the loving ground at an astounding rate

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Jennifer Aniston runs around her house naked so much that her neighbors complained. Can you imagine that lmao

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

shut up blegum posted:

Jennifer Aniston runs around her house naked so much that her neighbors complained. Can you imagine that lmao

Yes.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

There is an episode of friends where she walks around the apartment naked, because after observing naked guy all the other friends tell her they do it occasionally while alone but she never has. Somehow I remember it despite only having seen it once as a child (it seems that anything referencing female nudity made a strong impression on me in my youth). I remember she makes a "very carefully" joke in her internal monologue, like as she is doing stuff she narrates "I'm eating an apple...and I'm naked, I'm sitting on the couch...and I'm naked" then the punchline is "I'm lighting a candle....very carefully".

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
What's her face the redhead in himym gets hit super hard by the train of having children and how that irrevocably changes your face even before the character was close to having kids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetan_guy42
Oct 15, 2016

murdera

Lipstick Apathy
Horrible show, like seinfeld but for dum dums