Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Brexit happen by 31 October 2019?
This poll is closed.
Yes - We'll fall out no deal in June 51 6.98%
Yes - Some kind of deal will be in place by October 26 3.56%
Yes - Technical Brexit (EU Flag has a gold fringe) 29 3.97%
No - There'll be a general election 77 10.53%
No - There'll be a #PeoplesVote 27 3.69%
No - Queen's dugs will stop it 11 1.50%
Other - Bah Gawd is that Sinn Fein's Music? 93 12.72%
gently caress Knows 264 36.11%
Piss Flaps 153 20.93%
Total: 731 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Bundy posted:

Has anyone actually watched it? It's a piss take of the people calling Corbyn racist/anti-semitic.

"HE EVEN HAS A WHITE BEARD KATHLEEN" is loving funny. :colbert:
It's probably funny, I just avoid anything that has a good chance of being a haterant because it's profoundly depressing to me being reminded of the stupidity and hatred people are capable of.

Not having a go or saying you should have done anything different. I just find the line between parody and reality is getting a little frayed these days.

E: the sign of four was a sherlock holmes story

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 11:46 on May 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

feedmegin posted:

I'm sorry, are they implying that literally the Queen, the head of the Anglican Church is Jewish? :shobon: Is the Pope Jewish too?
Everyone except David Dees is both Jewish and works for Mossad, that's why they keep stealing his shoes.

Amusingly there are some equally deranged Royalists who believe that the Queen is Jewish and also a blood relative of Jesus.

That all started in the Victorian Era, with the idea that the Britons are a lost tribe of Israel and the current Jews are all Khazars, it's some vintage :tinfoil: antisemitism that still comes up in neo-Nazi circles in Commonwealth Realms.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Bundy posted:

Can the pissflaps ban be lifted? I'd like to engage with this off Twitter in a more suitable forum:

You do not want to engage with Pissflaps. Ask anyone who was itt in the years before the ban.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Guavanaut posted:

Amusingly there are some equally deranged Royalists who believe that the Queen is Jewish and also a blood relative of Jesus.

I take it they are blissfully unaware that Jewishness is matrilineal.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

Assange has had the book well and truly thrown at him for bail jumping. 50 weeks lol

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

feedmegin posted:

I take it they are blissfully unaware that Jewishness is matrilineal.
That's the kind of logic that you have to throw out long before you set out to prove that Queen Elizabeth is second cousins with God.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Bundy posted:

Can the pissflaps ban be lifted? I'd like to engage with this off Twitter in a more suitable forum:

PM him if you're so desperate, that way you can get all the benefits of the SA forum without his bullshit polluting the thread

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

feedmegin posted:

You do not want to engage with Pissflaps. Ask anyone who was itt in the years before the ban.

Ok, are you a good one to ask? It doesn't feel much like debate if we don't allow people we disagree with.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

April 30th is traditionally celebrated in Sweden by gathering sticks and stuff during spring into big heaps, and then lighting big bonfires. Sadly, hedgehogs often mistake them for great cosy hedgehog lairs, so the tradition's thoroughly ruined for me, even with my barely-in-control pyromaniac tendencies and the roasting of hedgehogs being incidental rather than deliberate. They're just so cute with their noses and little paws and gentle, charcoal eyes, I can't stand the thought of them getting hurt

'Check your bonfires for hedgehogs before you light them' is traditional advice over here for Guy Fawkes Day too v0v long as you're careful, go nuts setting fire to things imo

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Bundy posted:

Ok, are you a good one to ask? It doesn't feel much like debate if we don't allow people we disagree with.

You weren't there man, you weren't there

Pissflaps did not engage in what you or i would call honest debate

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Bundy posted:

I was one of the people in this thread when he was around, yes. There is a reason he doesn't get to post in here any more. It's not because he's in the habit of making interesting good-faith arguments that provoke useful discussion. Indeed, he's part of the reason people were all rather 'hmmmmm' when you first started posting.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Bundy posted:

It is not that we disagree with him, it is entirely the way he says things.

Imagine making a point and then someone responding to it with things that have nothing to do with it, or outright lies. No matter how much effort you put into replying, it will always be dismissed with something else unrelated or ignored.

Now also add posts just designed to say the same things over and over again, mostly inflammatory but in a way that looks innocent.

Now also add that this would cover pages and pages and pages.

Now also add petty reporting from the person trying to get others in trouble for arguments that they started.

This is a brief insight into the world of Pissflaps.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Bundy posted:

Basically, you wouldn't get any more substance than you get in a Twitter conversation (and I mean that literally - most of his posts were as long as his tweets), you'd get a light smattering of skeevy jokes, and you'd get insulting PMs whenever you complained about any of this.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Bundy posted:

https://twitter.com/psflaps/status/1123533565009059840

Can't wait to engage in good faith discussion about antisemitism with noted racist pissflaps

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Pissflaps is so toxic that for a good long while it was a probatable offence to even talk about him

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Bundy posted:

Pissflaps isn't banned from the thread because we disagree with him. He's banned from the thread because he's a cock who brings out the worst everyone else. He would never answer a question. The main example is Jeremy Corbyn. "This is bad for Corbyn" became a thread meme because he'd post it continually, with a link to a poll from Twitter or a news story or whatever. There'd be like 5 or 6 page debates where he'd come along and say "Corbyn must go" and people would then ask him who should replace him and he'd never ever answer the question straight.

It was just painfully boring, made worse because some posters felt unable to just not take the bait (including me for a good long while). He added nothing to the thread except being both a really boring pedant and a really boring contrarian.

He also apparently sent pretty nasty & vile PMs to people in UKMT who disagreed with him, but I never had PMs so never got to experience that joy myself. There's no value in engaging with someone like that.

You can engage with him on Twitter if you really want to, but please don't post his tweets here. I'm quite happy only having to see his occasional smug contribution to ScotPol

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 12:07 on May 1, 2019

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Pissflaps is so toxic that for a good long while it was a probatable offence to even talk about him

And now that has been repealed just look how the new month’s thread is turning out. Nice call.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/sharrond62/status/1123501449160294405?s=19

https://twitter.com/sharrond62/status/1123508631960457216?s=19

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

And now that has been repealed just look how the new month’s thread is turning out. Nice call.

It doesn't surprise me in the least that pissflaps went out of his way to find Bundy on Twitter in a desperate bid to get mentioned in the thread

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

He also pops into the byob outpost to poo poo it up every once in a while (which is a goddamn achievement given that the whole point of the forum is artful shitposting).

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Pissflaps continues to be the boring little oval office who got barred from his local but still hangs around outside it trying to worm his way back in. More pitiful than the wife and child he made up.

Also in the few moments where he's actually been honest about his opinions he's been a racist, homophobic and transphobic.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Pissflaps was playing a character in this thread at all times. His 'home' thread was in the football forums and he was a totally different person and would actually be sincere. I don't know about others but people who just drop into personas for long periods of time really freak me out. He spent hours of his day 'trolling' people. Seemingly because he got off on being disliked. Or it's some ego thing where he disrespected everyone to such an extent that he would not act sincere for even one second. Either way it was very unhealthy.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Bundy posted:

https://twitter.com/psflaps/status/1123533565009059840

No loving way

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Regarde Aduck posted:

Pissflaps was playing a character in this thread at all times. His 'home' thread was in the football forums and he was a totally different person and would actually be sincere. I

We must have been reading totally different TRP forums.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

forkboy84 posted:

He added nothing to the thread except being both a really boring pedant and a really boring contrarian.
And being casually racist.

Regarde Aduck posted:

I don't know about others but people who just drop into personas for long periods of time really freak me out.
Are we not all personas? :goffmansay: The problem isn't personas, it's toxic ones.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Thanks for the info, it wasn't intended as something to get everyone riled up.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

I don't know if this is the right thread it ask in but, how much of an advantage does her biology give her? Great athletes like Usain Bolt and Michael Phelps tend to have quite a big biological advantage so I don't know why they want to come down so heavily on the likes of Semenya.

EDIT:

https://twitter.com/BBCBreaking/status/1123538595246112768

50 weeks, probably out in 25?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

bessantj posted:

I don't know why they want to come down so heavily on the likes of Semenya.
It's very flimsy cover for transphobia. About as flimsy has having separate 'negro leagues' was for racism.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

bessantj posted:

I don't know if this is the right thread it ask in but, how much of an advantage does her biology give her? Great athletes like Usain Bolt and Michael Phelps tend to have quite a big biological advantage so I don't know why they want to come down so heavily on the likes of Semenya.

EDIT:

https://twitter.com/BBCBreaking/status/1123538595246112768

50 weeks, probably out in 25?

It’s a bit of a formality as he’s gonna stay in throughout extradition proceedings I reckon.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

All TERFs will be first against the wall. This story about Caster Semenya has my blood boiling.

The same people who wail about trans people being chemically castrated and now celebrating a victory where a woman has to alter her biology to keep her job.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Cerv posted:

Assange has had the book well and truly thrown at him for bail jumping. 50 weeks lol
Whether you like Assange or not, that is an absurd sentence. What was he even charged with that meant he was on bail in the first place? This smacks of heavy government involvement in the court system and massively calls into question judicial independence.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

All TERFs will be first against the wall. This story about Caster Semenya has my blood boiling.

The same people who wail about trans people being chemically castrated and now celebrating a victory where a woman has to alter her biology to keep her job.

nah, mulch them down as an artificial surfacing for football pitches

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

Ratjaculation posted:

nah, mulch them down as an artificial surfacing for football pitches

:eyepop:

Perfection.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Guavanaut posted:

It's very flimsy cover for transphobia. About as flimsy has having separate 'negro leagues' was for racism.

Yeah, you're right. I just wonder when she does take the pills and keeps on winning what other excuse they'll have.

radmonger
Jun 6, 2011

Gonzo McFee posted:

I have some bad news to tell you about Karl Marx, Friedrich Engels, George Orwell and almost every writer since before 1939.

For one thing they were all Holocaust deniers.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Flayer posted:

Whether you like Assange or not, that is an absurd sentence. What was he even charged with that meant he was on bail in the first place? This smacks of heavy government involvement in the court system and massively calls into question judicial independence.

BBC News posted:

Sentencing him, Judge Deborah Taylor told Assange it was difficult to envisage a more serious example of the offence.

"By hiding in the embassy you deliberately put yourself out of reach, while remaining in the UK," she said.
Whatever you think of the maximum sentence, the most serious example of the offence is surely the appropriate time to use it?

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Guavanaut posted:

Everyone except David Dees is both Jewish and works for Mossad, that's why they keep stealing his shoes.

That all started in the Victorian Era, with the idea that the Britons are a lost tribe of Israel and the current Jews are all Khazars, it's some vintage :tinfoil: antisemitism that still comes up in neo-Nazi circles in Commonwealth Realms.

"I wish more people would read classical literature."

*finger on monkey's paw curls in*

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Have Sweden made any more noise about restarting his rape trial?

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Flayer posted:

What utter bollocks.

He was arrested at Heathrow under a European Arrest Warrant at the request of the Swedish police, then released on bail while they sorted out the paperwork. When his court appeal against the extradition failed, the Met rung him up to ask him if would he mind popping into his local copshop with a toothbrush and a lawyer so he could be extradited he suddenly decided it was a plot to have him black-bagged to an Undisclosed Location and bolted for the Ecuadorian embassy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
:wtc:

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2019/may/01/white-tory-voting-comedian-gets-place-on-bbc-diversity-watchdog

quote:

Geoff Norcott, who has appeared on the BBC comedy shows Live at the Apollo and The Mash Report, will be responsible for holding the corporation to account if it fails to represent certain communities in its output.

The former teacher, who grew up in south London, has risen to prominence in recent years by billing himself as “the UK’s only declared Conservative comedian” and carving out a niche as a rare pro-Brexit voice on the panel show circuit.

Norcott, 42, is one of the five external members of the watchdog, which is responsible for monitoring how the BBC “portrays all of the UK’s communities on air, and represents them in its workforce”.