Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite Drink?
This poll is closed.
Water 32 26.67%
Tea 21 17.50%
Soda 28 23.33%
Alcoholic 22 18.33%
I dunno 17 14.17%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Taking a break from Labyrinth of Refrain at the half way point.

I really want to start Steins;Gate because everyone says its good but Ive never read a visual novel and I dont know if my short attention span can handle it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I find VNs work better on a handheld or something else you can read in bed.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
sodypop

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

It wasn't on purpose

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVeAEwrL1Ts

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Furnaceface posted:

Its called pop not soda.
Whenever I see the word "Pop", the first thing that comes to mind is the stomping grounds for Archie and his group of friends, so yeah, shoulda probably used that one. :(

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

drat I wish I was unemployed

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

an actual dog posted:

You can quit whenever you want, unless you live in a place with actual labor laws.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://twitter.com/ToeiAnimation/status/1125861154931085312?s=19

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Furnaceface posted:

Its called pop not soda.

This tbh

Wish they sold Mexican coke up here. Maybe I can find something on the dark web that will deliver it to me

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

an actual dog posted:

You can fix that easily

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr0XWmEbiMQ

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

You can fix that easily

It's tempting

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Looks like My Hero Academia and Iron Blooded Orphans Season 1 Part 1 are free on Playstation Network if you have PS+

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://twitter.com/yukimotosyuji/status/1125685662517096448

Eat poo poo Tuna :argh:

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

littleorv posted:

It's tempting

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
should i watch Kizumonogatari between Neko Kuro and Shiro or after the Koyomi arc?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Zetsubou-san posted:

should i watch Kizumonogatari between Neko Kuro and Shiro or after the Koyomi arc?
Don't let the man tell you how to experience your media! :black101:

Watch it in the order the anime was released. It honestly works really well, despite some events happening earlier/later

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
LN order is for the LNs. Broadcast order is for the show. Chronological order is for nobody.

this advice also works with the haruhis

(i was deciding on Broadcast vs Intended Broadcast via this opus, btw)

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Zetsubou-san posted:

LN order is for the LNs. Broadcast order is for the show. Chronological order is for nobody.

Lol at the cluster of four arcs in one spot for chronological order

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Zetsubou-san posted:

In that case kizu would go in between nise and neko kuro for LNs, not kuro and shiro.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/highimpactsex/status/1126100903914819584

Ritz turning Saki from a Mahjong manga to a gay dating/marriage manga with Mahjong will never not be awesome

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Zetsubou-san posted:

I went broadcast order (not that I had a choice at the time) and I'd prefer the conversation to be dominated by people who had roughly the same experience as I did.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

https://twitter.com/highimpactsex/status/1126100903914819584

Ritz turning Saki from a Mahjong manga to a gay dating/marriage manga with Mahjong will never not be awesome

the intensifying saki-slow start extended cinematic universe is going to crush the mcu

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.

The Colonel posted:

the intensifying saki-slow start extended cinematic universe is going to crush the mcu

It's all coming together.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Well, roughly 50% of the population has already disappeared in both.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

mycophobia posted:

halfway thru Sailor Moon Super S and it's decidedly not as good as S

Deciding to just completely drop half the Sailors that everyone loves was certainly a choice to make for Super S.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Isekai Quartet is reaaaaaallly good.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

I can't wait for it to be revealed that every slice-of-life CGDCT show where men are completely absent takes place in the Saki Cinematic Universe.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

littleorv posted:

This tbh

Wish they sold Mexican coke up here. Maybe I can find something on the dark web that will deliver it to me

CostCo usually has it out where I am. You'll need to buy something like 24 at a time, though.

chumbler posted:

Well, roughly 50% of the population has already disappeared in both.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

came here to demand stats, so.... I guess I'll demand more detailed stats

This doesn't really work as a 'more detailed' gag but I started doing it and I wasn't going to give up halfway through. Excel has a lot of chart options

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
That background is lovely, tho

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

iunno how to tell you guys this but one of the main characters of saki is a guy

granted he gets less and less to do as it goes on but he exists

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/the_owl_site/status/1126201281331306497

also really good interview with the dev of some jp indie vns about trans issues, if that interests you at all i recommend checking it out (and reading their VNs)

quote:

But I mean, that’s just it – we get great LGBT+ rep in some media and we get awful in some others, and we get people fighting for equal rights (like gay marriage) while we also get politicians saying women are causing witch hunts with MeToo.

But that’s just how things are in, say, America, aren’t they?

I think it’s… unfair isn’t the right word, but online, the rhetoric is often very dominated by American citizens. People from the U.S. dictate whether something is ‘good rep’ or something is ‘bad rep,’ if something is ‘problematic’ or not.'

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Based on my limited experience with Saki the guys only show up to deliver tacos.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

the male underclass exists only to be taco deliverymen and butlers, and maybe a third type of boy I'm forgetting. they don't have any powers though so of course they couldn't survive the mahjongoclypse

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

they got a lot of screentime at the start! they're just yamcha. yamcha was a main character at one point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

actually given he just shows up to deliver food maybe yajirobe would be a better comparison