Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Game has Japanese VA correct?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Deified Data posted:

Game has Japanese VA correct?

Yes.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

From Reddit:

reddit posted:

Here's a list of 'Secret Names' you can put as your starting name to have some kind of effect (Two of which were mentioned in a previous Kickstarter newsletter):

(Spoiler tags just in case)

AKUMA, 8MEGAPOWER, BIGHEAD, and NIGHTMARE 4 different ones I've seen so far. Here's what they (supposedly, I haven't got the first one to work yet) do so far: Bighead enables bighead mode, Nightmare unlocks Nightmare difficulty, 8 Mega Power gives a free starter weapon, and akuma unlocks the Dominus backer Sword for Clan Akumajo

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
in my first save I somehow skipped the entire prologue. like it just dropped me straight into the hub area with no cutscenes or commentary. very confusing. I made a new save and I got sent to the galleon.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
So that's one cheatcode per savefile, or is there a way to enter multiple cheat codes?

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

The system requirements on Steam are just precious :allears:

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
MINIMUM:
Processor: AMD FX-4350 / Intel Core i5-4460
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: AMD Radeon R9 280X / GeForce GTX 760
Storage: 10 GB available space
Additional Notes: If you have a potato PC or above, you're ok.

RECOMMENDED:
Processor: AMD FX-6300 / Intel Core i5-4590
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: AMD Radeon R9 290 / GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
Additional Notes: The only potatoes you use are the tasty kind.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Pureauthor posted:

So that's one cheatcode per savefile, or is there a way to enter multiple cheat codes?

If it's anything like past Igavanias you just get the one - the name of your save.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Played up to the first boss. Really cool looking game. Gear changing your appearance was mindblowing

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I was worried when I didn’t see any reviews but Jim’s video of him gushing about it makes me glad the wait was worth it. Can’t wait to dig into a new castlevania game again.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

The Blood Grinder Knights have a 2% chance to drop a really nice greatsword that does two multiple up to five hits.

Game is fantastic.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Well if I end up playing this anything like I did every other Igavania I'm going to be farming every enemy for every drop before I move on to a new area and wind up wildly overleveled for everything with access to tons of gear. I'm so excited to get stupid with this game.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

The Blood Grinder Knights have a 2% chance to drop a really nice greatsword that does two multiple up to five hits.

Game is fantastic.

Their shard is pretty great, too.

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

It all comes out right in the end.
Ah, the wild and crazy things one could do with a giant hand.

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004

Iron Twinkie posted:

The system requirements on Steam are just precious :allears:

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
MINIMUM:
Processor: AMD FX-4350 / Intel Core i5-4460
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: AMD Radeon R9 280X / GeForce GTX 760
Additional Notes: If you have a potato PC or above, you're ok.

RECOMMENDED:
Processor: AMD FX-6300 / Intel Core i5-4590
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: AMD Radeon R9 290 / GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
Additional Notes: The only potatoes you use are the tasty kind.

Check out the reqs for the DLC too

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

I love Metroidvanias so it's taking some serious willpower to wait for the Switch version when I could buy this on Steam or PS4 but I'm traveling a ton this summer so I must stay strong so I have something to play on my gazillion flights.

But it sounds like everyone is having so much fun. Ugh!

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Do the monsters drop anything like the souls, cards, etc from the other iga castlevania games?

I remember farming some creatures for hours and hours. :stare:

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

CRAYON posted:

Do the monsters drop anything like the souls, cards, etc from the other iga castlevania games?

Yeah most of them do. Check their bestiary entry and it'll tell you if they drop a shard or not.

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

It all comes out right in the end.

CRAYON posted:

They drop shards, which are essentially like souls/glyphs from the Igavanias.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

overall it's like a combination of symphony, order of ecclesia and the sorrow games in terms of the systems at play

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Game is good.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Johnny Joestar posted:

overall it's like a combination of symphony, order of ecclesia and the sorrow games in terms of the systems at play

ie definitively the best

so glad they learned the right lessons

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Fuuuuck I didn't realize this game comes out a week later for Switch

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Johnny Joestar posted:

Awesome

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Game is fantastic.
The Demon Barbers drop a Crissaegram essentially. It's damage may fall off later on in the game but ever since I got when I first ran into them I've been tearing everything to shreds, especially now that I found the ring that raise crit chance.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm enjoying the tutorial level so far, and the tutorial boss has kicked my rear end about four times so far. Coming here to post about it so that I can beat her. This game looks great! I suppose I'll grind a bit on the ship level.
edit: ground a couple of shards and levels, beat boss on first try after posting this.

redreader fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jun 18, 2019

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Deified Data posted:

Yeah most of them do. Check their bestiary entry and it'll tell you if they drop a shard or not.

Darth Nat posted:

They drop shards, which are essentially like souls/glyphs from the Igavanias.

Awesome, awesome. Can't wait to get home so I can play!

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Hopefully boss difficulty is tuned just a bit higher than SotN and a bit lower than Hollow Knight - Ecclesia had the best-tuned difficulty in the whole series.

Arc Impulse
Jun 5, 2010

Fun Shoe
As a quick aside since someone mentioned crashes earlier, as a quick tip you should save before you do any crafting when possible. My game crashed last night while in the middle of trying to make a sword, so better safe than sorry if you haven't saved in a while.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Deified Data posted:

Hopefully boss difficulty is tuned just a bit higher than SotN and a bit lower than Hollow Knight - Ecclesia had the best-tuned difficulty in the whole series.

Bosses are kinda tough. I got critted by a boss twice for 90% of my health. Then I exploded.

Arc Impulse
Jun 5, 2010

Fun Shoe

Deified Data posted:

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Bosses are kinda tough. I got critted by a boss twice for 90% of my health. Then I exploded.

Might depend on the boss in question, and how much extra loot you have equipped. I accidentally 3 shot a boss with magic while exploring a new area. Though that one really didn't seem like a proper boss anyway to be fair.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

It was Zangetsu and I hadn't upgraded my armour at all

But yeah, RPG elements are fairly significant

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

For folk still on the fence but who like physical goodies -- Best Buy's physical edition comes with a slick/free metal case. That (and initially optimistic reviews) pushed me over the edge.

WaltherFeng posted:

Gear changing your appearance was mindblowing

While I'm glad it's there and all, hasn't that been a feature in video games for at least a decade?

It's sad the level of laziness we expect.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Hammer Bro. posted:

While I'm glad it's there and all, hasn't that been a feature in video games for at least a decade?

It's sad the level of laziness we expect.

In triple a games, yes. In indie 2. 5d sidescrollers, changing how your character looks in terms of hair, skin and eye colour? Not at all.

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004

Hammer Bro. posted:

For folk still on the fence but who like physical goodies -- Best Buy's physical edition comes with a slick/free metal case. That (and initially optimistic reviews) pushed me over the edge.

I like the metal case just for the fact that it made a bunch of KS backers scream about class action lawsuits

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Rosalind posted:

I love Metroidvanias so it's taking some serious willpower to wait for the Switch version when I could buy this on Steam or PS4 but I'm traveling a ton this summer so I must stay strong so I have something to play on my gazillion flights.

But it sounds like everyone is having so much fun. Ugh!

you're a stronger person than I. I went and double dipped. gonna buy Iga a new hat.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

I'm dying to get out of work and play this loving game.

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I'm pretty sure this is the first good Japanese kickstarter game thats been released. Even the other Bloodstained that came out last year was great. Its pretty wild. I was initially expecting this to be another mighty no.9 situation when I saw the videos of this game a few years back.

La-Mulana 2 owned a lot.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Got about 30 minutes to sit down with it and my only complaint is that they didn't get a graphic designer to work on the in game font

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
the number of rare / niche / easily missed item drops is ridic

like, I played the demo, I played the tutorial, and it was only going back to kill dulahammers for a quest that I discovered they could drop helmets

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LI2eVrwa_YE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Lmao, not sure if everyone found this immediately, but re: the piano. Equip the fairy familiar while playing