Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol morale in the civil service going to be great if hunt wins

https://twitter.com/Steven_Swinford/status/1145637301688635392

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Total Meatlove posted:

It doesn’t cost a fortune and travelling the distance by train is not fuel intensive, the benefits of working together outweigh any technological solution?

But they already work together in Brussels. Literally the only point of one day a month in Strasbourg is to appease the French.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

VideoGames posted:

I amend my earlier statement and think Corbyn should also hatchet the lib dems.
I am looking forward to jamnacht.

The Libearian posted:

He also does stuff that is non tingler related like his guide to the void which covers his weird alternate universe with void crabs, reverse trims and devilmen that exists largely in his social media posts with some cross over to the novels
His obsession with chocolate milk and his son / daughter in law's desperate efforts to keep him away from it are probably my favourite.

E: also

thespaceinvader posted:

Chuck Tingle being a two time Hugo nominee is one of the few bright spots of the last few years.
Ehh, not necessarily - the first time was apparently orchestrated by 4chan and reddit alt righters, it just backfired massively because none of them thought for a second that he might actually have progressive opinions. I mean what he's done with it is hilarious, but it all came about by sci-fi assholes getting butthurt about girls and blecks invading their super secret white boys only club.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Jul 1, 2019

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I had an argument last night about the fact that David Cameron once shagged a dead pig. I said even if he hadn't (which he definitely did), I would still choose to wholeheartedly believe that his cock went into that hog's gob. That is my reality.

I got accused of being "post-truth". Pffffff.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Jose posted:

lol morale in the civil service going to be great if hunt wins

https://twitter.com/Steven_Swinford/status/1145637301688635392

gonna be a lot of perm secs saying they're *tooooootally* on time and on track with a wink to the camera

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Necrothatcher posted:

I had an argument last night about the fact that David Cameron once shagged a dead pig. I said even if he hadn't (which he definitely did), I would still choose to wholeheartedly believe that his cock went into that hog's gob. That is my reality.

I mean, in a world where he hosed the entire country over his own arrogance you'd think loving a pig wouldn't be the line your friends draw.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Necrothatcher posted:

Oh yeah because there's totally such a thing as objective truth. Everyone picks-and-chooses which narrative best suits their worldview, and people who say otherwise either don't understand how history and/or epistemology work, aren't capable of critically analysing their own beliefs, or are just lying.

DCFADP.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
European parliament should be like star wars or the avengers or whatever with everyone being holograms.

Necrothatcher posted:

It is weird when people go on about this like it's important. Also as I've been told more than once there's more to loving something than just sticking your penis in it.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Necrothatcher posted:

this is the proof of it imo. he's outraged because he did it and now everyone knows

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0b-S1MRv_s

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
It is a fundamental and eternal truth inherent to reality that DC did indeed FADP

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
And I hope you think this all makes sense
Because my Lord and members of the Jury

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I've been told more than once there's more to loving something than just sticking your penis in it.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Total Meatlove posted:

It doesn’t cost a fortune and travelling the distance by train is not fuel intensive, the benefits of working together outweigh any technological solution?

It costs significantly more than not doing it, and the pack up and truck the office contents over as well, AND they have to maintain two loving parliament buildings.

And it doesn't make them work together any more than NOT doing it would.

The fact that the cost isn't huge in relative terms doesn't mean it's not huge in normal-person terms. There are what, 600 MEPs, let's assume half of them bother to go, they all travel by train, and none of them go first class, and that's the only extra cost, that's still *googles prices for trains* roughly 180,000 euros a year. and that's a VERY, VERY charitable assumption given that it doesn't cover any of the other costs of doing this.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Ehh, not necessarily - the first time was apparently orchestrated by 4chan and reddit alt righters, it just backfired massively because none of them thought for a second that he might actually have progressive opinions. I mean what he's done with it is hilarious, but it all came about by sci-fi assholes getting butthurt about girls and blecks invading their super secret white boys only club.

I thought it was the other way round, that he was nominated as an anti-sad-puppies joke nomination, but... it was a long while ago and the second time was unabashedly good.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

NotJustANumber99 posted:

It is weird when people go on about this like it's important. Also as I've been told more than once there's more to loving something than just sticking your penis in it.

You're supposed to piss too

Laradus
Feb 16, 2011
Thank you Guava, I was wondering if it was from the UMT mirror pron dimension somehow, but was just :effort:

And DCFADP, because life truly is a Black Mirror episode.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
At least the dead pig didn't have to live through the pain of being hosed by Cameron, unlike everyone who attended an Atos interview.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Azza Bamboo posted:

At least the dead pig didn't have to live through the pain of being hosed by Cameron, unlike everyone who attended an Atos interview.
To be entirely fair to Cameron, WCAs were introduced by New Labour and he's a pissfucking bag of cunts (who hosed a dead pig)

p sure my Atos thing was pre-coalition

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

What happened is he pulled his dick out of his fly and touched the pig's mouth with it, then everyone went "EEEEYYYYYYY!!!!!" like the bunch of lads they are and went on drinking.

What the people getting mad about it don't get is that, regardless of what he did or didn't do, David Cameron is a worthless pigfucker. Not because he actually hosed a pig, but because he's a country wrecking bastard that deserves to be labelled a pigfucker.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Borrovan posted:

I actually don't even know who I want to win: Boris is straight-up fash (if only out of disingenuous self-interest), and would spell Very loving Bad News for minorities, but oval office is no less evil and actually very competent at his stealthy dismantling and selling off of public services, which is bad news for everyone but also disproportionately effects minorities, whereas Boris is useless enough that he's more likely to gently caress it all up and get the boot.

I feel that Hunt was only effective in the shadows, with any spotlight making the pasty fucker sweat. A good example is the coverage of the junior doctors' strike, when he had to actually engage with journalists (and not hide behind trees), and his usual deflections, or simply waiting for the story to blow over didn't work.

As for the other, you have Boris' noted laziness and history of jumping to a short term decision, even if it fucks him in the long run.

Again, they're both loving bad, and it's the choice of being forcefed something on the Bristol stool chart menu. It literally is the AVP tagline; they're both going to continue the shitshow policies they've been enacting for years. They're both going to target minorities. And they're both just gonna be absolute loving monsters.
---

If Davey Cameron is a pie actually hosed a pig or not is irrelevant. The important thing is if he had the chance to, under the right circumstances, I, and the rest of the country believe, he would gently caress that dead pig.

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Jul 1, 2019

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Humans are physically impossible of real happiness.
We suck and an asteroid should wipe us all out

gently caress all

but especially tories

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

Borrovan posted:

To be entirely fair to Cameron, WCAs were introduced by New Labour and he's a pissfucking bag of cunts (who hosed a dead pig)

p sure my Atos thing was pre-coalition

I got kicked off benefits in January 2009 (when Brown was PM) and didn't manage to get back to normal until October. So I wouldn't say life before the coalition was much better for the poor and wretched. Though it is interesting, in a miserable way, to note that Cameron and the rest talked a big yap about how different everything would be under a new government, then carried on doing the same stuff. Almost as if there was scarcely any difference between them :thunk:

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

thespaceinvader posted:

I thought it was the other way round, that he was nominated as an anti-sad-puppies joke nomination, but... it was a long while ago and the second time was unabashedly good.
The brief research I did seems to point to the giant whiny pissbabies manipulating the nomination process to get him on the ballot to make the hugos look ridiculous and diminish the achievement of the women and POC who were starting to not only get on there but win things.

It backfired because they did zero research (assuming that anyone trolling like that would of course be alt-right in their leanings), and then he used the position to troll the absolute gently caress out of them, leading to his new fans nominating him a second time as an immense gently caress you to the puppies.

Surprise T Rex
Apr 9, 2008

Dinosaur Gum

Pochoclo posted:

Humans are physically impossible of real happiness.
We suck and an asteroid should wipe us all out

gently caress all

but especially tories

No no, it's 5-7-5

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/DaftLimmy/status/1145670344180740096?s=19

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
https://twitter.com/piersmorgan/status/1145400920836124672

tbf I can totally believe that ivanka is one of the smartest people piers moron knows

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

lol forever if abdpj manages to somehow gently caress up an overwhelming lead

https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/1145633879115608065

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
If there's any justice in the world Boris will snatch defeat from the Jaws of victory yet again. I just want to see that oval office's ambitions thwarted at every turn.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Jollity Farm posted:

I got kicked off benefits in January 2009 (when Brown was PM) and didn't manage to get back to normal until October. So I wouldn't say life before the coalition was much better for the poor and wretched.
I think the big difference is that pre-coalition, as long as you applied for the agreed amount of jobs a week, you got your welfare. If you missed an appointment you got a warning about being sanctioned, but for the most part if you kept your head down you got enough to get by until you actually found a job.

Now, a random ATOS dickhead can decide to stick you in an unpaid placement, or a training course, or adjust the conditions of your agreement whenever they like. Jobcentre staff are witholding information and straight up lying to people to meet targets. If you miss one appointment, you get paid nothing for up to 6 months (yes you get back pay if your appeal is successful, but the system is so backed up it can take 6 months for the case to even be considered).

Plus the worst of it is the lumping of the sick and disabled into this system, where someone with a two week training course under their belt can override the opinion of medical professionals because they were able to make you lean over and you weren't screaming that much. So I'd say it's pretty much objectively worse across the board.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

communism bitch posted:

If there's any justice in the world Boris will snatch defeat from the Jaws of victory yet again. I just want to see that oval office's ambitions thwarted at every turn.

I still think it'd be funnier for him to win the leadership but fail to become PM

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
I have a feeling Hunt will be PM, largely because I have a feeling that The Shagger of Uxbridge and South Ruislip is trying his best to throw it. I really don't think he personally wants it and is merely going through the motions because he hasn't wanted to deal with the grief of not running/dropping out.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

communism bitch posted:

If you want to see oval office's ambitions thwarted surely you want Johnson to ooooooooh I see.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
We’re due a massive extinction event anyway methinks

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

lol https://twitter.com/PennockPost/status/1145660129943216128

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Pochoclo posted:

Due one? We're in one. It's coming from inside the house.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jollity Farm posted:

I got kicked off benefits in January 2009 (when Brown was PM) and didn't manage to get back to normal until October. So I wouldn't say life before the coalition was much better for the poor and wretched. Though it is interesting, in a miserable way, to note that Cameron and the rest talked a big yap about how different everything would be under a new government, then carried on doing the same stuff. Almost as if there was scarcely any difference between them :thunk:

The benefits regime got lovely under New Labour, that's undeniable. The introduction of the JobCentre Plus and such like were perhaps well-intentioned (if you want to be charitable, I don't, gently caress Blair, gently caress Brown, gently caress every single one of those toadie neoliberals cunts) but ultimately lead to the claimant jumping through hoops or end up being sanctioned. And then if you'd been long-term unemployed you had to waste your time going to some loving chancer outsourcing company who were meant to help you seek skills and find jobs to make you somehow magically more employable in a retracting job market but instead generally just to look at the list of jobs I said I'd applied for and the poo poo I'd followed up on which is exactly what the JC+ staff would do. Utterly pointless but New Labour fetishised the free market like they were Tories so who cares if it's totally loving redundant when it means taxpayers money gets channelled to people who are now donating large sums to the Labour Party making them less reliant on the "dastardly" unions? And then after a while of that pointless exercise they want you signing on every week, which isn't a huge deal if you live in an urban area but when you've got to travel a 10 mile bus journey that costs just shy of £7 return and takes 55 minutes, it's a loving nightmare. And that's just Job Seekers' Allowance, not touching on the phasing out of Incapacity Benefit & introduction of the ESA which lead to the dreaded Work Capability Assessment.

Meanwhile nothing really changed under the coalition in the first couple of years but by 2013 they'd started rolling out Universal Credit. Which was really, really loving bad. Horrendously grim. Universal Credit has been a great success from the perspective of the government because it has been a torturous nightmare for claimants. So gently caress the coalition. Somehow they took New Labour's welfare reforms and made them worse, which in 2010 I would have said would have been hard to do.

My favourite part is being too depressed to work or deal with the loving labyrinthine bollocks of unemployment benefits while also being too depressed to want to deal with the deliberately punitive WCA to get the disability side of things. And of course all that just makes the depression worse and hat tip to Iain Duncan Smith because his system works entirely as intended.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Jul 1, 2019

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
As Hot Chip once sang
"We are a violent race
And we deserve what we get"

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

Guavanaut posted:

Does anyone else see this as a prelude to China coming in to 'restore order'?

This isn’t a China false flag, it’s the protesters pushing for release of the people arrested so far. There is a point beyond which the PLA garrison gets put onto the streets but we are not there (or, I hope, even close), yet.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Beefeater1980 posted:

This isn’t a China false flag, it’s the protesters pushing for release of the people arrested so far. There is a point beyond which the PLA garrison gets put onto the streets but we are not there (or, I hope, even close), yet.
I don't think it's a false flag, just that protesters attacking government institutions often leads to a state response, and when the protests are over HK getting too close to mainland China and its authoritarian tendencies, and when the people responsible for restoring order if it is broken irreparably is mainland China and its authoritarian tendencies...

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

Pochoclo posted:

Are you OK dude? Your posting has been bleak recently even by the standards of this thread.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

forkboy84 posted:

My favourite part is being too depressed to work or deal with the loving labyrinthine bollocks of unemployment benefits while also being too depressed to want to deal with the deliberately punitive WCA to get the disability side of things. And of course all that just makes the depression worse and hat tip to Iain Duncan Smith because his system works entirely as intended.

I'm in a similar position, except I managed to get someone to help with filling in the PIP stuff. I've been sitting on a text asking me to call to arrange a WCA since Wednesday, and just seeing it when I scroll past makes my head spin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
We should have a more cheerful mass extinction event.