Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
It's my Birthday this month. What do you have to say to me?
This poll is closed.
Happy Birthday! 10 7.63%
Happy Birthday...and many more! 17 12.98%
Oh shut up...just kidding man. Happy Birthday! 7 5.34%
My birthday is this month too, but clearly it is your month 15 11.45%
Happy Bowsette...I mean Birthday (sorry Freudian slip there) 82 62.60%
Total: 131 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

oddium posted:

it's a game rcrime that n64 carts don't have the game sticker wrapped over with the title like nes + snes

just get a N64 game case

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

an actual dog posted:

You can play the old ones like that too lol. I was kinda shocked that people think Origins & Odyssey are so different cause they really aren't, it's really just the loot mechanics and combat feel, stealth is the same.

I played the games, I know what they're like, but thanks for telling me what I should think.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Wanna knock those over like dominos

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
yea i certainly hope they don't live in an earthquake prone area

e: never before have i seen a complete n64 library in one place

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Man the N64 had some real stinkers.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

exquisite tea posted:

yeah for a system that generates so much nostalgia, the N64 had a real dogshit library

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Shadow Man owned on PC. Shame about the sequel. See also: Headhunter.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I'm pumped for shantae 5

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Gripweed posted:

yeah for a system that generates so much nostalgia, the N64 had a real dogshit library

I just really like Blast Corps, Perfect Dark & half of Jet Force Gemini.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Tons of folks talk about Blood 2 and Unreal 2 being the biggest disappointments sequel wise but for me it was Shadow Man 2 and Headhunter 2. They broke my heart. Thankfully Outcast 2 never got finished.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Gripweed posted:

just get a N64 game case

man if they gave rugrats in paris a front row spot i have to wonder what the games off to the side are

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Body Harvest was awesome. Castlevania 64 was underrated and the expansion they released where you play a werewolf was better. Hybrid Heaven was...interesting. I'd say a good 80% of the 64 library was below par.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Doom64 should be front and center material.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I will not hear a word said against the N64's game library including such classics as Gex 64: Enter the Gecko and San Francisco Rush 2049 :colbert:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Rarity posted:

I will not hear a word said against the N64's game library including such classics as Gex 64: Enter the Gecko and San Francisco Rush 2049 :colbert:

Rush remains best in class for arcade racers imo

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

The other day I was driving behind someone who had a GEX 2074 license plate and couldn’t take a picture.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

exquisite tea posted:

The N64 was just a bad console.

The Game Cube was great though and I'm glad its gotten more appreciated over the years.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jul 1, 2019

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the good n64 games are good

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Looper posted:

man if they gave rugrats in paris a front row spot i have to wonder what the games off to the side are

harvest moon 64, majora's mask, iggy's wreckin ballz, blast corps, and doshin the giant

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

ive been thinking about snowboard kids a lot lately

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

it was weird when i first learned that n64 and gamecube flopped so hard because i grew up in a bubble where everyone had them instead of playstation

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Looking back, I had a bunch of N64 games, but only like four GameCube games. Probably because at that I also bought a PS2 as well. Now that was a good system!

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

sharrrk posted:

ive been thinking about snowboard kids a lot lately

They're both very good and criminally underrated games because some people refuse to look at any cartoony racing game that isn't Mario Kart.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

njsykora posted:

They're both very good and criminally underrated games because some people refuse to look at any cartoony racing game that isn't Mario Kart.

Name names, so I can fight them

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i'm a Linda main

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Mischief Makers is probably one of the top 3 best 2D platformers of all time

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

bomberman 64 rules and i want to play the sequel

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

njsykora posted:

there was a 3rd one on DS too! apparently it wasn't as good but it did have jack frost as a hidden char

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

sharrrk posted:

Bomberman 65?

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

they should remake mario party 2 but add all of the minigames and characters from 3 and also toadette

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

is 2 the dressup one or 3

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

2 is the dressup one

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

they should remake the dressup one with all the minigames from 3

e: and toadette

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

all games need dressup options

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

all games need toadette

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

the Wii was the fifth console released after the Nintendo64, which legally makes it the Nintendo69

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

sharrrk posted:

you should because it's even better imo

the n64 has a lot of dope games and i'm ready to throw down on anyone who disagrees

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Samuringa posted:

I played the games, I know what they're like, but thanks for telling me what I should think.

you're welcome bro

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

i had an n64

and it sucked!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Looper posted:

you should because it's even better imo

the n64 has a lot of dope games and i'm ready to throw down on anyone who disagrees

not compared to like, any other major system. If you ranked console libraries, N64 would be around the same tier as the OG Xbox