Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
Are there any good LPs for Fire Emblem 3 Houses yet? I'd be fine with just a no commentary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
Anyone know of a good LP of Subnautica?

-Anders
Feb 1, 2007

Denmark. Wait, what?
It's off-site, but I enjoyed the subnautica LP by The Mighty Jingles. He acts like your retired uncle or something. The playlist might be in reverse order though, but you can get a tool online to reverse it if you want.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSPT1I-KtyUGY0p_nTa2tVPNo1F-As2BC

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
That looks like what I'm looking for, thanks.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

OddHaberdasher posted:

I would like to request a Let's Play of Heaven Will Be Mine.
I was considering a couple different games for my next LP, and your post tipped the balanced in favor of this one! Here's a link as thanks for being the deciding factor.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3897310

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

I'll re-up my request for Tales of Berseria

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Are there any good Let's Plays for Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies out there? I've kinda been going through the entire series, mostly as videos to have in the background, and the tolerable Let's Players I've seen so far all stop at Apollo Justice for some reason...

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
When I was a kid, I liked the Tenchu games, but I was nowhere near good enough to actually beat them. Are there good LPs of them? I didn't find any in the archive.

Tax Refund
Apr 15, 2011

The IRS gave me a refund. I spent it on this SA account. What was I thinking?!

Irritated Goat posted:

Are there any good LPs for Fire Emblem 3 Houses yet? I'd be fine with just a no commentary.

I just recently found https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLtJifsYDxDHHQgenZzsScHfayD82-NLCj after looking through several Youtube LP's and being annoyed by the commentators. This one is no-commentary, and he seems to be trying to show off everything, and he hasn't made any major mistakes in the battles yet. (Though I've only watched the first three episodes so far, so I've only seen two battles, and I'm not a Fire Emblem expert by any means.)

Judging from the episode titles. he's completed a Black Eagles playthrough, then started over with a New Game+ playthrough of Blue Lions. No Golden Deer yet, but he's coming to the end of his Blue Lions run and I wouldn't be surprised if he starts another New Game+ to go through Golden Deer.

But I second the request for an informative LP of Fire Emblem Three Houses here on SA.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
I don't want to rain on anyone's parade for Three Houses but it is a massive game. Three (and a half) completely distinct routes at 30-50 hours a piece with god only knows how much exploration time depending on how completionist you want to be, not to mention recruiting from the other classes and balancing how much you want to show off... I'm sure someone will tackle it but good god is that person in for a ride.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
It might be a good idea to split the various paths up between different LPers, since different approaches can help with the relative sameness of each Part 1 before the paths diverge in Part 2. Plus you don't have to LP all of such a massive game.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Artix posted:

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade for Three Houses but it is a massive game. Three (and a half) completely distinct routes at 30-50 hours a piece with god only knows how much exploration time depending on how completionist you want to be, not to mention recruiting from the other classes and balancing how much you want to show off... I'm sure someone will tackle it but good god is that person in for a ride.

Honest question: How does that compare to Breath Of The Wild and Octopath Traveler?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Kheldarn posted:

Honest question: How does that compare to Breath Of The Wild and Octopath Traveler?

Going by google results Octopath Traveler can take over 70 hours and for Three Houses that will cover at best two routes. To see most content you will need to play over 120 hours.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Mega64 posted:

It might be a good idea to split the various paths up between different LPers, since different approaches can help with the relative sameness of each Part 1 before the paths diverge in Part 2. Plus you don't have to LP all of such a massive game.

like Spy vs Spy but LPer vs LPer. hmm....

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Dash Rendar posted:

like Spy vs Spy but LPer vs LPer. hmm....

oh no, i'm feelin the temptation

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Ugh, now I have IDEAS, if I could get two people to go in on this with me I might actually end up doing it

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Kheldarn posted:

I'd wager the work I've done for Octopath would be roughly between one and two routes for Three Houses. There's so many different ways to try to handle things too, like do you use New Game + to carry over Professor Level? Do you try to recruit all the students, none of them, or let the thread choose specific ones? Who do you want to try to pair up for endings, which will be a pain to micromanage in itself? How do you choose between Explore and Battle for each week, and how do you approach the second half when there's not as much to do?

That'd be the beauty of having multiple LPers though. Much less work to do just one route, everyone can do things in different ways so everyone gets a good idea of what all you can do. Of course, this can be a logistical challenge too, especially if everyone's crazy enough to keep it in one thread.

I'd be tempted if I weren't just finishing a massive LP myself and needed a good break. Good luck to whoever attempts all this!

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
I would imagine the best way to do it would be to do one route at a time. Decide on an order, finish that route, and the next person picks up with theirs at whichever point they deem most relevant. Without having played all the routes, you could likely skip the vast majority of Part 1 on pretty much every playthrough after the first aside from a quick "Meet the team" post.

E: And for the record I would also be very tempted to play a part in this if not for the fact that I kinda hate the game. Good luck, you crazy kids.

Toyotasomi no Miko
Oct 23, 2016

Artix posted:

I would imagine the best way to do it would be to do one route at a time. Decide on an order, finish that route, and the next person picks up with theirs at whichever point they deem most relevant. Without having played all the routes, you could likely skip the vast majority of Part 1 on pretty much every playthrough after the first aside from a quick "Meet the team" post.

...But then the whole "who do you recruit" thing comes back in because unless I'm remembering wrong, some of the paralogues in Part 1 are also unit exclusive depending on who you recruit and who you don't, so it's probably more practical to do an abridged version that's basically just cutscene differences aside from the paralogues that would have total coverage.

I'd probably join this too if I had a way that didn't involve using Twitter to play through the game and get screenshots incredibly slowly. Unfortunate, the fact of not having a Switch capture card or something like.

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

I'll put down my interest in participating in a group LP of 3H with each house being done by a different LP'er. I'd like to do Golden Deer if the other two participants don't mind covering the other houses. Might be good for the lot doing it to get together and talk a bit about how we're going to do it but that might be better reserved for PM's/Discord/Sandcastle. There is a lot of questions to hash out prior like Mega said, especially with how we're going to handle the audience participation stuff that's gotten standard in FE LP's so yeah, would be good to chat about it.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Funnily enough, I have actually been preparing to do a FE3H LP for a bit now. Just waiting on getting my capture hardware.

Is the Sandcastle a better place to request opinions on how to handle recruitment/supports/etc., or would here be better since "how to LP 3H" is the current topic?

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
I would take it to the Sandcastle if you have an actual LP in the works, yes.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
I'm not terribly bothered, but if we want to be sticklers for staying on topic, then the Sandcastle is the more appropriate thread for discussing the myriad ways of "how to" do an LP in general, so that'd be a good place to plan the details of a Fire Emblem LP. This thread is really intended to be for request LPs and recommending them, so you might actually get more hits for advice in the Sandcastle.

edit: Artiiiiiiix! :argh:

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

I'd like to see a VLP of Kingdom Hearts - Dream Drop Distance, the HD PS4 version since that'd be significantly easier to capture footage for.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Does anyone have a good recommendation for banjo kazooie and banjo tooie lettuce play?

HomestarCanter
Oct 21, 2008

Strong Bad,
you're a horse's twees.
Rooreelooo has a good subbed video LP of Kazooie, Grunty's Revenge, and Tooie on the LPArchive. Unfortunately, the Nuts and Bolts LP never got finished, and all the videos seem to be lost. RIP Kinetikos.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
VNDLP did a set of LPs for the series I thought

Banjo-Kazooie

Banjo-Tooie

The Banjo-Tooie one was even done as a thread here

https://lparchive.org/Banjo-Tooie-(by-Dex01)/

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

mateo360 posted:

VNDLP did a set of LPs for the series I thought

Banjo-Kazooie

Banjo-Tooie

The Banjo-Tooie one was even done as a thread here

https://lparchive.org/Banjo-Tooie-(by-Dex01)/

They've also done Nuts & Bolts, and I know the Kinetikos is in there.

Torquemadras posted:

Are there any good Let's Plays for Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies out there? I've kinda been going through the entire series, mostly as videos to have in the background, and the tolerable Let's Players I've seen so far all stop at Apollo Justice for some reason...

What do you consider "tolerable"? Every VLP I've seen involves "voice-acting" all the characters and reading everything, which most people on this forum don't like.

whitehelm fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Sep 7, 2019

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Irritated Goat posted:

I've been watching CohhCarnage for Blue Lions. It is a vod of his stream so a big downside is it shows everything including him chatting with his stream viewers, talking about twitch and mixer, and slamming meme buttons (like playing the song "you're the best around" everytime someone subs a bunch of people). I'm 3/4 through but he appears to do the whole Blue Lions run in 196 half hour videos. I just skipped past a video and a half of him fishing, and started skipping past the optional battles as well. It's his first fire emblem, he gets some advice from chat and wikis, and I yell at the screen a lot, but its scratching my itch since I'm obsessed with the game and don't plan to buy a Switch anytime soon. Its fun seeing his reactions to some of what happens too. I'd be thrilled if I could find the equivalent for other runs, but for a lot of people his will drag on too long. I've tried watching him play other games and can't get into those as much. Before this I only knew him from his Pantheon pre-alpha videos with the devs there.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

whitehelm posted:

What do you consider "tolerable"? Every VLP I've seen involves "voice-acting" all the characters and reading everything, which most people on this forum don't like.

Yyyyyeaaaaah, not really a fan of LPers doing that :v: I like it better when they're commenting, loudly thinking, or just plain ridiculing events. So I don't really mind blind playthroughs or anything like that.

Bonus points if they get just ridiculously hyped about things. I think Slowbeef did a blind playthrough of Ghost Trick once, and that one was just a joy to behold. I know Ghost Trick just goes wall-to-wall with insane plot twists, and I suppose the Ace Attorney series very much has the same sort of energy...

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

whitehelm posted:

For me, absolutely NO going off topic. Talk about the game, what's going on plot wise, what you're doing and why.

The next to last VLP I tried to watch was the one where they played all of the Mario games, and it quickly devolved into talking about the Fast And Furious movies. I'm not here for that. I stopped following the thread at that point.

The last VLP I watched was Simply Simon doing the Gameboy Castlevania games. I watched them all the way through, the first VLP I've ever done that for. He talked about the game, the game play, what he was doing and why.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Kheldarn posted:

For me, absolutely NO going off topic. Talk about the game, what's going on plot wise, what you're doing and why.

The next to last VLP I tried to watch was the one where they played all of the Mario games, and it quickly devolved into talking about the Fast And Furious movies. I'm not here for that. I stopped following the thread at that point.

The last VLP I watched was Simply Simon doing the Gameboy Castlevania games. I watched them all the way through, the first VLP I've ever done that for. He talked about the game, the game play, what he was doing and why.

yeah, RunButton is more of a podcast with video game footage that way, which is great if you happen to enjoy them talking about stuff (I do), but not so great if you want an LP.

for my money, my two favourite VLPs that come to mind are BrainWeasel's FFXII (IZJS) and Just A Friend's Spyro 2/3. the former is subbed, and it's greatly improved with the thread, and the latter has a bunch of game breaking including swimming through the sky

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

Torquemadras posted:

Yyyyyeaaaaah, not really a fan of LPers doing that :v: I like it better when they're commenting, loudly thinking, or just plain ridiculing events. So I don't really mind blind playthroughs or anything like that.

Bonus points if they get just ridiculously hyped about things. I think Slowbeef did a blind playthrough of Ghost Trick once, and that one was just a joy to behold. I know Ghost Trick just goes wall-to-wall with insane plot twists, and I suppose the Ace Attorney series very much has the same sort of energy...

Well, maybe check out the blind playthrough by iateyourpie. It's on Twitch but his chat is heavily moderated for spoilers. The only problem is his video of the DLC case fell through the cracks and is gone. If you enjoy that he's played the entire series but AAI1 and PLvAA videos are also missing (AAI2 is there).

namad
Nov 7, 2013
I'd like to see a let's play of the RPG "Outward". It's kinda like a mix of morrowind and dark souls, but bad. It's too badly made for me or anyone else to really want to play it. However it is a fairly unique and interesting looking story. On top of that the tedium of having to eat food and stay warm and carry a lantern and such.... could end up enhancing the entertainment value of a let's play. Assuming the let's play is SSLP or Hybrid or edited video. In other words I don't want to play the bad parts of this game, but I'd still like to see the good parts. Anyone interested in taking me up on that? Please?

EDIT: I know this dilutes my request, but what the heck. I'd also like to see a let's play of "Mass Effect: Andromeda" . I know one got started, but they didn't even finish the tutorial before abandoning it. Mass effect andromeda is too long and bad for me to want to play it. I'd still love to see all the story beats though. The fact that it's an open world game has, according to reviewers, made it into a mass effect game full of empty un-fun bits. On top of that it's buggy. All great reasons for no one to want to play it. All great reasons for someone to bite the bullet and do a let's play of it. SSLP or video where they cut out all the bits except the story bits would be ideal IMO. Ya know, mostly like the previous mass effect let's plays that I've actually found quite good here on somethingawful.

namad fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Sep 10, 2019

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
While I followed other LPs before, my favorite LP and the one that essentially made me really hooked into the concept was Sonic 2 Special Edition by docfuture.

The first time I watched it I disliked it. Then it clicked that my favorite comedy movies are those that embrace surrealism (like Airplane!) and as some of the more vulgar cursing-based humor fell out of vogue, we got either more serious LPs or very cynical LPs written by people who disliked the game, and I realized that docfuture's humor was essentially not just unique at the time, but it was probably going to stay unique for a long time. To this day I think his YT channel and videos were pretty great as well and up until the last one they still had that effect where even if I don't "get it" the first time something slowly clicks after a while and then I find myself laughing out loud at the notion that he actually went and made that video. I'm sad he disabled comments because the meta-humor in them was pretty fantastic.

Most of the time when I find something funny I just laugh inside, if that makes some sense, or chuckle. doc is one of the few people that makes me laugh out loud. I don't think it's the kind of humor I could ever even attempt to replicate, I'm just happy that it exists.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
I would like to see Lost Odyssey done. I've tried so many times to play it, but I always bounce off of it a couple hours in. I've heard a lot of good things about the game, so I'd love to see how it ends and so on. While I would prefer screenshot, video would also be fine as long as the videos are actually tightly edited and not full of "I had to play this so you have to sit through it" spitefulness.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Yeah, it's a shame Sgt. Thud's LP of the game died. I never owned any version of the Xbox, so Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon are two JRPGs I've personally missed out on. Are there any other Xbox exclusive RPGs at this point?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Commander Keene posted:

Yeah, it's a shame Sgt. Thud's LP of the game died. I never owned any version of the Xbox, so Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon are two JRPGs I've personally missed out on. Are there any other Xbox exclusive RPGs at this point?
Infinite UndiesUndiscovery

Sjonkel
Jan 31, 2012
Does anyone know of a playthrough of the Styx games, preferably by someone who is really good at the game and does 100% runs of all levels?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'll probably get more hits on this at the end of the month but if anyone has any recommendations for a couple heroes doing a Dragon Quest 11 LP lemme know. Ideally, more than one person but I know that's really infeasible.