Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

drunk leprechaun posted:

Naw it was a good decision because they make so much more money now.

I was about to say this. Win or lose, Nebraska is getting paid. And most :jerkbag: view it as a more prestigious group of universities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

ur in my world now posted:

Also the new south endzone is pretty cool.

That does look real nice. And a lot more doable than the original "let's just do Bryant-Denny Stadium" plans back in the day

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Shammypants posted:

Golden Bears bitch

Not emptyquoting

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

I paid 60 dollars for beers and got like 5th degree sunburn but watching Mizzou dismantle WVU in person was quite lovely. This is what I expected the team to look like this season and hopefully they've turned the corner and we won't see any more of whatever the gently caress last week was. Feel free to quote this to me if/when we get owned by SEMO or Troy.

Nice! I saw it under construction last year for the UK game. I'm looking forward to checking it out at the Florida game in November.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
UAB continues their dominance, Bama wins the football game and both Texas and A&M lost so my work is going to be nothing but people bitching all week. Also our CEO's kid is the kicker for BYU that helped embarrass Tennessee even further. All in all a good Saturday.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
Actually I think you'll find that Nebraska Is Back

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Someone please post Joe Burrow waving bye to Texas fans then splice it with the crying Texas kid.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Still can’t believe Gameday is coming to Ames.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

drunk leprechaun posted:

Naw it was a good decision because they make so much more money now.

That's true. Scott Frost doesn't come cheap.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

Bird in a Blender posted:

Still can’t believe Gameday is coming to Ames.

Losing next week is gonna feel real bad, and my parents are visiting so I won’t be able to drink my pain away.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
UK confirmed Wilson is done for the year with a torn patellar tendon.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

resident posted:

Losing next week is gonna feel real bad, and my parents are visiting so I won’t be able to drink my pain away.

You all need to stop pretending that what ISU does before or after the Iowa game has any relation to the game itself, you should know better by now

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

MourningView posted:

You all need to stop pretending that what ISU does before or after the Iowa game has any relation to the game itself, you should know better by now

I call this "the Northwestern conundrum"

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

UK confirmed Wilson is done for the year with a torn patellar tendon.

Backup gonna get blitzed :allears: Florida would've blitzed Wilson, too.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

haha the voters took away ranked el assico, that must annoy espn

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
If only Arizona could only play FCS opponents.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

G-Hawk posted:

k st vs miss st is a super interesting game this coming weekend, both are hard to judge early.

I feel like a lot of the big12 is really difficult to judge right now, kansas is real bad, west virginia is bad, oklahoma is good, texas and oklahoma st are probably goodish, the rest is mostly ???

Until we get decisive information otherwise I think it’s reasonably safe to assume

1) Oklahoma
[Fairly large gap]
2) Texas
[Fairly small gap]
3-8) A bunch of teams that are roughly equal, and will likely all make bowls
9) West Virginia
10) Kansas

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

General Dog posted:

Until we get decisive information otherwise I think it’s reasonably safe to assume

1) Oklahoma
[Fairly large gap]
2) Texas
[Fairly small gap]
3-8) A bunch of teams that are roughly equal, and will likely all make bowls
9) West Virginia
10) Kansas

sure thats basically what i said except i think oklahoma state is probably above the pack but its the big12 theres always some random team who punches up every year and gets in the conference title race or at least shits up peoples day. i'm also not as sold on oklahoma yet but whatever. either way im curious to see a lot of big12 teams once they start playing real teams

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

G-Hawk posted:

sure thats basically what i said except i think oklahoma state is probably above the pack but its the big12 theres always some random team who punches up every year and gets in the conference title race or at least shits up peoples day. i'm also not as sold on oklahoma yet but whatever. either way im curious to see a lot of big12 teams once they start playing real teams

Yeah for sure. For the seven teams between OU and West Virginia, I don’t think anyone at home should be more than a touchdown underdog to anyone else

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

G-Hawk posted:

haha the voters took away ranked el assico, that must annoy espn

ISU had already basically fallen out. Pretty hard to rank a team on the strength of "barely beat the third best team in the Missouri Valley."

They kind of got it by default, there aren't really any other big games next week. The other option going into yesterday was Clemson/Syracuse and then Syracuse got blasted by Maryland. ESPN will be alright, they get to go somewhere they've never been and they're gonna get a huge crowd for it. The game is on FS1 anyway so they're probably fine with it taking a hit.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Seaniqua posted:

I call this "the Northwestern conundrum"

is the conundrum that nebraska fans cannot understand that their team has been roughly as good as and sometimes worse than northwestern since they joined the big ten

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

MourningView posted:

ISU had already basically fallen out. Pretty hard to rank a team on the strength of "barely beat the third best team in the Missouri Valley."

They kind of got it by default, there aren't really any other big games next week. The other option going into yesterday was Clemson/Syracuse and then Syracuse got blasted by Maryland. ESPN will be alright, they get to go somewhere they've never been and they're gonna get a huge crowd for it. The game is on FS1 anyway so they're probably fine with it taking a hit.

UCF-Stanford looked like maybe a good matchup but then Stanford got rocked by USC. After that it's like, Michigan State vs. the Herminators.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Alabama @ South Carolina is a big game, as Saban will finally get revenge on Stephen Garcia after 9 years.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

I paid 60 dollars for beers and got like 5th degree sunburn but watching Mizzou dismantle WVU in person was quite lovely. This is what I expected the team to look like this season and hopefully they've turned the corner and we won't see any more of whatever the gently caress last week was. Feel free to quote this to me if/when we get owned by SEMO or Troy.

Hell yeah brother. First home we attended game since rushing the field against OU in 2010 but it was cool to watch the return match the WVU series also in person.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

and then they won :smug:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

DC Murderverse posted:

Has Juwan Washington always been terrible or did someone steal his soul over the summer? 96 yards of rushing on 42 tries is just awful

Something looks off with him this year. He was fantastic two years ago and last year.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

pillsburysoldier posted:

Against ULM so let's not get too :jerkbag: here

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Silly Burrito posted:

I'd...imagine that's :thejoke:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

pillsburysoldier posted:

They got 10 yards on this play iirc

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

D.N. Nation posted:

That does look real nice. And a lot more doable than the original "let's just do Bryant-Denny Stadium" plans back in the day

The Rock M window is making me laugh a lot harder than it should. Sitting on the Rock M hill is a kind of a big deal at Mizzou, getting rid of that wouldn't go over well with the fans.

Hed posted:

Hell yeah brother. First home we attended game since rushing the field against OU in 2010 but it was cool to watch the return match the WVU series also in person.

Last game I went to was the 9-6 UConn shartfest so it was nice to see them not play like total morons. I'm gonna try to make it to the Ole Miss and Vols games. Hopefully with less radiation poisoning next time.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Silly Burrito posted:

actually beating ULM is the last thing a rebuilding team should do

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
So is Ohio State going to play anything other than Friday night or Saturday noon games this year?

The Big Ten Conference - Let's Get This poo poo Out of the Way

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Grittybeard posted:

I'd...imagine that's :thejoke:

Well poo poo, I'm dumb.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

kittenmittons posted:

So is Ohio State going to play anything other than Friday night or Saturday noon games this year?

The Big Ten Conference - Let's Get This poo poo Out of the Way

Maybe once when they play a game worth watching.

Soooo, like January?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Henchman of Santa posted:

UCF-Stanford looked like maybe a good matchup but then Stanford got rocked by USC. After that it's like, Michigan State vs. the Herminators.

If Stanford gets Castello back, their offense will be better at least. Their D doesn't look like it typically does, though.

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.
I got really sunburned eating tasty BBQ (South Street Smokehouse) instead of hat shopping like I planned.

Purdue won, Rondale Moore again proves he's super human. Sindelar is #1 in the country in passing yards and completions while studying for a Masters in Electrical Engineering.

Purdue fans think he's stupid and not good enough.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

R.D. Mangles posted:

is the conundrum that nebraska fans cannot understand that their team has been roughly as good as and sometimes worse than northwestern since they joined the big ten

I fully accept this as truth. I just meant the games are often crazy and unpredictable.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

wernox posted:

Purdue fans think he's stupid and not good enough.

I mean,
https://twitter.com/smartfootball/status/1170413409394970625?s=21

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Somewhat off-topic, but there's a recent investigative article about the giant scam Liberty University is. I knew it was academically a joke, but it's also a front for real estate purchases and giving loans to Falwell's friends. https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2019/09/09/jerry-falwell-liberty-university-loans-227914

Komet fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Sep 9, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.

I was sitting where I could see Sindelar's face when that happened, the center snapped the ball early. I suspect it was supposed to be some sort of weird direct snap the the back.