Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

:hfive: bruvs be4 luvs

Tumble posted:

8ish, I think.

Were you going to Sardine Bar?

nah i was rinsing out jungle records with my friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Philadelphia’s water (most of the Northeast honestly) has really hard water and as a result the bread made in Philly is harder and crustier. When people get all excited about Philly Cheesesteaks, whether they know it or not, they’re really enjoying the crispy chewy longrolls.

Seriously if you are used to fresh bread in Philly, bread anywhere else is loving bullshit. I’ve been in South Carolina for almost 3 years and the only place in town id eat a cheesesteak is the place that imports frozen rolls from Philly (this is a thing, philly exports its bread to steal shops all over the country to people who moved from Philly to start restaurants and immediately realized how much bullshit bread is anywhere else)

Eugene V. Deadlift
Apr 8, 2013

DiggityDoink posted:

not a loving thing if you've had a little debbie cake before. tasty cake is just philly trying to feel special

Um mods?

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

when has a mod ever probed someone for being right?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
All Tastykakes besides butterscotch krimpets suck rear end

Wooder-Ice sucks

Soft Pretzels... Soft Pretzels with mustard are actually pretty fuckin good

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

Wooder-Ice sucks

Soft Pretzels... Soft Pretzels with mustard are actually pretty fuckin good

All this is truth.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
lol some (admittedly alright looking in a trashy way) girl just took a piss here on the 15th street MFL stop right on the platform at the metal door where the front of the train stops.

her friend half-assed trying to hide her but you grimey bitch, your beaver was out and we all heard you

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Tumble posted:

lol some (admittedly alright looking in a trashy way) girl just took a piss here on the 15th street MFL stop right on the platform at the metal door where the front of the train stops.

her friend half-assed trying to hide her but you grimey bitch, your beaver was out and we all heard you

Quit hatin on pissin!!

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Quit hatin on pissin!!

maybe im hatin on undignified unladylike behavior, Philly has a reputation to uphold after all

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

Bust Rodd posted:

when i was in grade school we would rub the butterscotch krimpet package upside down on the table before opening it, because it supposedly made it so the butterscotch didnt stick to the packaging

did anyone else do this

i still do this on the rare occasions i have some krimpets

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Tumble posted:

Peak Philly would be hollerin' at the shorty mid-piss, and then getting her number

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Alright, I kind of miss Philthy, but there's no way I could live there without being a coked out, drunk, pussy chasing line cook with no future outside of those things.

Here in Ohio I own a house, have a beautiful child, and a couple motorcycles that sometimes work right. And now we are talking about getting a better house with a better detached garage!

Cocaine and pussy still tempt me a lot though

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
One time, I was smoking a hand rolled in Suburban station waiting for the train back to where I lived in North Philly, then two cops came down the steps right next to me and I did a super slick drop of that cig into the trash can next to me. Yea I got thrown up against the wall and searched illegally. Nothing came of it though.

Another time I was in South and stopped to take a piss, two cop cars rolled up and threw me against the wall again and accused me of being a graffitist because I had a backpack. Had to go to court for public urination citation, it was only a little embarrassing.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

interwhat posted:

One time, I was smoking a hand rolled in Suburban station waiting for the train back to where I lived in North Philly, then two cops came down the steps right next to me and I did a super slick drop of that cig into the trash can next to me. Yea I got thrown up against the wall and searched illegally. Nothing came of it though.

Another time I was in South and stopped to take a piss, two cop cars rolled up and threw me against the wall again and accused me of being a graffitist because I had a backpack. Had to go to court for public urination citation, it was only a little embarrassing.

what are you, black or something?

pop punk
Jun 26, 2018

:420::420::420:
Philly is the city you grew up in and keep moving back to over and over until you turn 30 and realize it is dog poo poo and the day after you move out they find a body on fire a block from where you were living. gently caress Philadelphia. The only city that is worse is Chicago.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!
I go to Philly a lot for work so I have opinions:

- The pizza is poo poo
- Scrapple is poo poo
- Cheese steaks are poo poo
- Wooder is not a word, water is
- Locals know good dirty jokes
- I had a great meal at Tequilas recently with a tequila tasting and it was awesome
- History is cool

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I'm hungry

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Philadeliphia is greek for brother-loving, like I know they founded western civilization or whatever but I can't really condone incest

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Bust Rodd posted:

Seriously if you are used to fresh bread in Philly, bread anywhere else is loving bullshit.

I moved to Southern California four years ago. When I go back to visit my family, I bring an empty suitcase for rolls and pretzels. No one understands everything is just variations on Wonderbread outside of the Philly area.

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

:hfive: bruvs be4 luvs

Gravitee posted:

I go to Philly a lot for work so I have opinions:

- The pizza is poo poo
- Scrapple is poo poo
- Cheese steaks are poo poo
- Wooder is not a word, water is
- Locals know good dirty jokes
- I had a great meal at Tequilas recently with a tequila tasting and it was awesome
- History is cool

The pizza is pretty lovely!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The older I get, the more I realize that pizza is actually a bad food.

foonykins
Jun 15, 2010

stop with the small talk

Nobody mentioned Reading Terminal Market yet?

Jeez.

Eugene V. Deadlift
Apr 8, 2013

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

when i was in grade school we would rub the butterscotch krimpet package upside down on the table before opening it, because it supposedly made it so the butterscotch didnt stick to the packaging

did anyone else do this

i still do this on the rare occasions i have some krimpets

Yes and it works

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
The birds are losing.

To Detroit.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYN8oRwRYJQ

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

I am leaving Vancouver and going to South Jersey and Philly in a couple weeks to visit the in-laws. God help me.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/GrittyNHL/status/1176863071345741830?s=09

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Actually, the correct term is Philaephebia.

tbb9
Sep 6, 2011
I love Philadelphia, one day I was riding my bike home in the middle of the day and some guy in his car swerved into me going around someone double parked. He got out and the first thing he said to me was “can you believe how this jackass is parked”. I couldn’t and I’m glad I didn’t die.

South Philly is best Philly.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

tbb9 posted:

I love Philadelphia, one day I was riding my bike home in the middle of the day and some guy in his car swerved into me going around someone double parked. He got out and the first thing he said to me was “can you believe how this jackass is parked”. I couldn’t and I’m glad I didn’t die.

South Philly is best Philly.

That's a great story (no sarcasm)

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
Hi I’m from Montco and lived in Roxburra before leaving the state. My favorite cheesesteak is Chubby’s on Henry Ave and I sometimes put mayo on them along with lettuce and tomato. No whiz though, only provolone. The best meal I have ever had in my entire life was at Zahav in Society Hill.

All of my experiences are related to food because I’m a fat person. Go birds.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Philly is cool :gritin:

naem
May 29, 2011

americans, talking about their fav parts of the interchangeable crumbling urban metro areas they live in:

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I'm usually nothing but a Philly booster but today we became the first major US city to ban cashless stores and I think that was a bad idea.

I think cashless stores are stupid as hell but why not allow them as long as they're up front about it.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I'm usually nothing but a Philly booster but today we became the first major US city to ban cashless stores and I think that was a bad idea.

I think cashless stores are stupid as hell but why not allow them as long as they're up front about it.

i actually hate bad thing like everyone else but cant we just keep bad thing? i mean i hate it like everyone should but why cant we just keep the bad thing? please i just want bad thing i just hate it so much i want it to exist.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I'm used to cash only stores in Philly, especially in Chinatown.

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Comcast. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Look I can’t really dig deep into the societal issues at play but please trust my medium sized brain and my many years as a social worker when I tell you that cashless stores are low key racist and make it harder for undocumented people to just live their lives.