Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
So if south park is banned, what if any show ever mentions south park. Would this unfold like the degrees of kevin bacon for communist china?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Between Blizzard and the NBA, the latest episode is crazy relevant.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
After rewatching:

Act 1 - very good
2 - okay
3 - terrible

But that's a definite improvement.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
^^^^
:wrong:

It's all good, easily one of the best episodes in years.

Codependent Poster posted:

They chose the perfect time for that episode with the shitstorm happening with the NBA and China. This actually makes Trey and Matt look principled even if they didn't touch on the Hong Kong situation. I wouldn't be surprised if they revisit the China storyline soon.

They probably love the fact they were banned, even if it might cost them a little.

Looks like they totally regretted it lol

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

This episode and the ensuing fallout are the best thing they've done since Team America. Matt & Trey are at their best against ruthless dictators.

this episode really got me thinking that China must be using 1984 as a How-To guide. scary poo poo.

Chadzok fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Oct 9, 2019

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Oh, here is a preview clip for tonight. Antivax, here we go!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOKGACYr59Q

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Chadzok posted:

This episode and the ensuing fallout are the best thing they've done since Team America. Matt & Trey are at their best against ruthless dictators.

this episode really got me thinking that China must be using 1984 as a How-To guide. scary poo poo.

Pretty much, Xi Jinping had his writings added to China's constitution, the first living person to do that since Mao, essentially and legally making Xi and the Chinese Communist Party one and the same. Insulting one is insulting the other and China has very strict rules about that.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

mobby_6kl posted:

easily one of the best episodes in years.

This is true. But they hadn't done much good since Cock Magic S1808. Hence, best in years. It was a very low bar to clear. It still wasn't a great episode in comparison to the first 18 years of South Park.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
This may have been one of the most on-point South Park episodes ever based on what's happened in the week since it aired.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

The alternate title sequence was funny once, but is already old.

South Park appears to be taking on anti-vaxxers. They've got a great opportunity here and I hope they don't gently caress it up.

E- God drat, they'd better be going somewhere with this greased up pig Cartman thing. It feels like it's going to be a lame ripoff of "Tsst".

E2- yeah, we did this already.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Oct 10, 2019

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Yea, I don't care if it's similar in some way to Tsst. Cartman being a pig, greasing himself up and running around naked to avoid getting a shot is loving funny.

Also, gently caress the Chinese government.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Did I miss something, or did they skip over how Cartman and Kyle got back to South Park?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Shitenshi posted:

Did I miss something, or did they skip over how Cartman and Kyle got back to South Park?

Yea you did, they got off the bus in the last episode before doing the fingerbang....

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
The pig thing really is pretty funny but man I'm not feeling this one compared to last week's

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Act 1 good.
Act 2 good, but not as good as act 1.
Act 3. Failed to stick the landing. Also character inconsistency. Cartmans mom, in the past, would have forced him to get the immunization. Not what happened in the episode.

But they seem to be getting closer. It's like watching an athlete come back from an injury. There are flashes of earlier brilliance but the question remains, can they regain their previous form.

So far, the answer is no. I had such a good feeling about this episode, too.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

CBJSprague24 posted:

The alternate title sequence was funny once, but is already old.

I think they might be setting up a joke with that, there are changes to it being made (the dump truck of money was added in this time) I think by the end of the season it's just going to be a montage of all of Randy's atrocities over the past season (because despite what he said to Towlie, I really don't think he's done being hilariously evil.)

Waltzing Along posted:

Also character inconsistency. Cartmans mom, in the past, would have forced him to get the immunization. Not what happened in the episode.

Yeah, that part made no sense even within the context of the episode. Mrs. Cartman wanted her kid to get vaccinated, she'd been trying to get him vaccinated for four years, she just couldn't figure out how to do it. Then suddenly there was a way to get him his shots, but she was against it because ??????. Also, no one in town was really acting like she was a bad mother. They all realized pretty quickly that it was Cartman who was the problem, not her. Everyone was just trying to help fix the situation as quickly as possible because if they didn't the whole town could get sick.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I'd be curious to know when they had this one in the bag because it feels like they were setting up Randy's apology to be to China so he could sell out even further by the end of the episode, but I also feel like maybe I'm just reading into that because of everything that's happened in the past week.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Was ok. Also Randy is already a multimillionaire from being Lorde.

Crazy Dastard
Aug 30, 2004

"Typhoid, rattlers, and now drownin' in rivers? I think we need ourselves a new leader, or we're goin' the way o' the Donner Party."

Waltzing Along posted:

Act 1 good.
Act 2 good, but not as good as act 1.
Act 3. Failed to stick the landing. Also character inconsistency. Cartmans mom, in the past, would have forced him to get the immunization. Not what happened in the episode.

I had the opposite view and felt it started slow then built up to get better. A few chuckles here and there for most of the episode then loved the ending.

Act 1. Okay, cute, Cartman's a pig. Not the first time they compared him to one, of course. Nice touch with the "My body, my choice" shirt, Cartman. Co-opting other movements as usual.
Act 2. Yup, professional hog-tying, saw that coming. Nice callout on China. Even funnier that Cartman registered himself with the Immunization Round-Up as an Orthodox Jew much like he tried to do in order to escape the ICE camp a few episodes back.
Act 3. The "artistic" Sharon Cartman punchline got a good long laugh out of me, probably the best they could've done with that setup. I was expecting anaphylaxis instead. I concur though that while they did develop his mom to actually stand up to her son (like she did in "Tsst") they also backslid her to spoil him again by freeing him from the round-up.

Just sends a weird mixed message when you're tackling something like immunization where the public health outweighs the personal objections based on misinformation of a minority and their "right" to not immunize. Might've been some of Matt and Trey's libertarian leanings seeping in on that one, given the usual stance from that party on things like drugs and smoking is to deregulate and legalize everything for persons over 18 to enforce "Individual rights", despite something like smoking actually affecting a lot more people than the smoker.

Crazy Dastard
Aug 30, 2004

"Typhoid, rattlers, and now drownin' in rivers? I think we need ourselves a new leader, or we're goin' the way o' the Donner Party."

Tenzarin posted:

Was ok. Also Randy is already a multimillionaire from being Lorde.

They actually explained that when Stan got addicted to microtransactions, apparently he spent a vast majority of his dad's Lorde money in that episode.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
I really thought Randy and Ms. Cartman were going to make sweet, sweet love down by the fire.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Crazy Dastard posted:

I concur though that while they did develop his mom to actually stand up to her son (like she did in "Tsst") they also backslid her to spoil him again by freeing him from the round-up.

She was actually letting him take a toy out of the toy box each time he DIDN'T get the shot, then freed him from the rodeo, but denied him a toy after she did.

Didn't they develop her even more in the iPad episode where she stood up to him? That would be a further backslide from that and Tsst.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
They must wish they could somehow will the China episode to be #300, because that's the one people are gonna remember. This one was okay but nothing special. They could've done a lot more with the fallout from Cartman not being vaccinated. Instead they mostly focused on the pig-rustlin' thing, which was definitely funny in its own way, but it was like all of a sudden, the episode was over and they forgot to do a plot.

clown shoes posted:

I really thought Randy and Ms. Cartman were going to make sweet, sweet love down by the fire.

Same. I thought episode 300 was going to have Stan and Cartman become stepbrothers

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

clown shoes posted:

I did too, and I was thinking after 23 years was that really the first scenes we've had with Randy and Cartman's mom one-on-one? Or maybe not even one-on-one, but even spoken? That's nuts.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Finally caught up on all three episodes, quite the fun! Not entirely sure where they wanted to go with the pig thing outside of comparing Cartman with one, but it was very enjoyable. Also I love how they in fact avoid any mentioning of south park as a city and the show in the episodes and the intros, outside of that "gently caress South Park" bit in the car, which fits to their cancel Southpark thing from last time.

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.

1glitch0 posted:

I did too, and I was thinking after 23 years was that really the first scenes we've had with Randy and Cartman's mom one-on-one? Or maybe not even one-on-one, but even spoken? That's nuts.
Yeah, as near as I can tell Liane and Randy had never spoken before this episode.

Cartman barely talks to Stan anymore, let alone Randy - the only episode I remember Cartman and Randy talking even somewhat was Bloody Mary. Liane was onscreen more often in the earlier seasons and Randy got more screen time later in the show - and frankly there's no in-character reason for them to ever speak.

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

What was the shot scene in Cartman's bedroom referencing?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Honestly after teasing us I’ll be disappointed if Randy and Cartman’s Mom (whose name I just realized I don’t know) don’t bone.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

Bust Rodd posted:

Honestly after teasing us I’ll be disappointed if Randy and Cartman’s Mom (whose name I just realized I don’t know) don’t bone.

I realized when I made my post above that I didn't know her name either. I think it might be Louanne?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Yea, I don't care if it's similar in some way to Tsst. Cartman being a pig, greasing himself up and running around naked to avoid getting a shot is loving funny.

Seconded. Laughed a whole bunch at that.

/edit: And still am. Holy poo poo, Cartman kicking around behind the gate at the round-up is beautiful

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Oct 11, 2019

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

loving :same:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Playing the banjo music every time made it perfect.

Also, Butter's dad: "Barbecue?"

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I thought Randy admitting to being a towel was funny.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

clown shoes posted:

I realized when I made my post above that I didn't know her name either. I think it might be Louanne?

Liane, so you weren't actually far off.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Liane, so you weren't actually far off.

I'm fairly sure she's named after an ex Trey Parker had in college, which is why she's a massive whore.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Nae! posted:

I'm fairly sure she's named after an ex Trey Parker had in college, which is why she's a massive whore.

Weren't they engaged, and she cheated on him right before the wedding?

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Weren't they engaged, and she cheated on him right before the wedding?

Yeah, it's something like this. IIRC the horse in Cannibal: the Musical is also name Liane, and the horse abandons Trey Parker's character.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Randarkman posted:

Yeah, it's something like this. IIRC the horse in Cannibal: the Musical is also name Liane, and the horse abandons Trey Parker's character.

You are correct and the Cannibal commentary track is why I know this.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Really didn't like this episode.

I hated the message and the ending. Just felt wrong that Cartman never got the shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Randarkman posted:

She also did the choreography for the movie, and in the big dance number at the end ("Let's Hang the Bastard"), she put herself front and center.