Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
this is a weird one

we had this one teacher who was the stereotypical "cool teacher". He had a lot of life experience and got along good with all the kids, but was in retrospect a pretty lousy teacher and he didn't stay long (of his own choice, mind).

anyway one day, and it was an otherwise normal school day, he said that he had a challenge for us. He said, and I swear this is true, that whoever could perform a "simple task" by the end of the day, correctly, would get his ps1 and mountain of games.

Now, naturally, this sent the classroom into a fever pitch. What was the task? We all assumed it'd be something essentially impossible, or at least impossible for kids in primary school.

2pm rolls around and he says it's time for everyone to complete the task, so we all wait and he asks us to all go under our desks like in the classic "duck and cover" style move. "If anyone can stay under their desks, they win." So we all get under the desks and he starts walking around banging on the tops of the tables and kinda making a racket, shacking some of the desks etc. None of us budged.

Well, 3pm is the end of the school day. The bell rings, and he goes right, seeya all tomorrow! And I swear, every single kid got out from under their desks. And he's giggling and joking with the kids as they realise oh poo poo that's right that's why we were under the desks

then one kid pipes up.

"Actually, abigserve is still under the table". So he comes on over and yeah little kid me was still under that table. He spends the next 10 minutes trying to convince me to leave that table and I was like so...do I win? You said stay under here right? Can I have your playstation? You don't even have a playstation?

eventually I just got out when I realised the whole thing was a bluff.

To this day I have no loving idea what the idea was, whether he was trying to teach us something or whether he was just messing with our little kid heads? Did this even happen or was it all some incredibly detailed fever dream I had as a kid? We may never know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
7th grade Teacher told us, in detail, how honored she was to meet Rudy Giuliani in person.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Renegret posted:

When I was a senior in high school, there was this freshman kid in my gym class who wore a hammer & sickle t-shirt so I was like, haha real cool shirt, because I thought it was funny in an edgy, high school sort of way. This kid ended up latching on to me because I was the only person who was nice to him and he failed to make any friends. After a bit I realized he was way too serious about those whole communism thing, was incredibly weird, and made me super uncomfortable. I tried my best to distance myself but he just would not go away.

What's his username?

quote:

He got expelled 2 years after I graduated for spray painting a swastika in the bathroom.

Oh a permabanned user.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Roundup Ready posted:

In 4th(?) grade the couple computers we had in the library had those keyboards with the removable key caps. Not the whole key, just the plastic cover cap that had the letter on it. Being the dork I was, I already knew touch typing and thought it was hilarious to take them all off and mix them up. Even the faculty couldn't use them after that.

I remember overhearing my parents talk about my prank a few days later, and my dad saying something about how he thought it was actually pretty funny. He was right. Never got caught and to this day don't know if the folks know it was me.

Edit: I know this isn't a hosed up story, but this thread reminded me of it
I figured out how to access the mouse settings menu through "windows help" and reversed the mouse buttons on one of the library computers. The next day it was turned off with a piece of paper on it that said "broken".

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

The next day it was turned off with a piece of paper on it that said "broken".

I had this once, a library computer with a broken sign on it, so I turned it on too see what was broken about it. Someone had set the desktop background to a very low res, pixelated picture of a girl in a bikini.

In high school, we had a pedophile teacher who, I could not for the life of me figure out how he got away with it. He'd routinely make inappropriate comments about girls, grab their waists, stare at their chests, poo poo like that. Whenever someone would talk about possibly complaining, they'd get bullied by the mean girls club until they changed their minds. There was probably a heft amount of favoritism and free grades being passed around if I had to guess, because his fanclub were the very girls he was creeping on.

Somehow in the middle of all this, the school let him be the captain of the girl's basketball team.

This teacher's popularity was utterly bizarre. We were doing trust falls in gym class (The P.E. teacher refused to do actual P.E. in protest after our newly renovated gymnasium had mirrors installed on the walls) and everyone let him drop to the floor. It caused a minor rift in the school for a few days.

Weirdly enough, he got taken down for scalping free tickets to a Dave Mathew's Band concert to students. Made front page headlines too.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Renegret posted:

I had this once, a library computer with a broken sign on it, so I turned it on too see what was broken about it. Someone had set the desktop background to a very low res, pixelated picture of a girl in a bikini.

In high school, we had a pedophile teacher who, I could not for the life of me figure out how he got away with it. He'd routinely make inappropriate comments about girls, grab their waists, stare at their chests, poo poo like that. Whenever someone would talk about possibly complaining, they'd get bullied by the mean girls club until they changed their minds. There was probably a heft amount of favoritism and free grades being passed around if I had to guess, because his fanclub were the very girls he was creeping on.

Somehow in the middle of all this, the school let him be the captain of the girl's basketball team.

This teacher's popularity was utterly bizarre. We were doing trust falls in gym class (The P.E. teacher refused to do actual P.E. in protest after our newly renovated gymnasium had mirrors installed on the walls) and everyone let him drop to the floor. It caused a minor rift in the school for a few days.

Weirdly enough, he got taken down for scalping free tickets to a Dave Mathew's Band concert to students. Made front page headlines too.

oh my GOD I just googled this guy and he got arrested a few years ago for stealing $70 million in a massive ponzi scheme holy poo poo

e: just got sentenced to 2 years earlier this month. way too lenient wtf

Renegret fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Sep 25, 2019

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

there was a teacher at my middleschool named dick siemon

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I am not an egghead. I am well-read.
Teacher at my school was the PE teacher and wrestling coach. He was also the Scoutmaster to my Boy Scout troop. Got caught by his wife loving one of the teenage wrestlers at school. Sent to prison.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Antivehicular posted:

how the hell does a middle-school bus get pulled over? And yet.
I grew up in a rural area with multiple towns per district, so to get everyone to and from school, we spent a lottt of time on the bus. Which meant kids had a lot of time to get bored and think of entertainments on the bus. I assure you cops have no problem pulling over school buses. Off the top of my head, we got stopped by the cops for:
- throwing poo poo out the windows
- giving everyone who passed the finger
- staging fake fights, complete with ketchup packet blood splatters, in front of the rear door
- classic "help we're being kidnapped" signs held up to the windows

The truly impressive thing was that this was before 2000, so mostly before widespread cell phones. People would have to finish driving to their job and then they'd still be mad enough to call the cops and then the cops would find us.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Earwicker posted:

this should be like mandatory basic education

In third grade, our teacher did a sort of show and tell with a sheep heart and lungs. She didn't blindside us or anything, we had to get permission slips signed by our parents basically saying 'Yeah, my kid can look at animal organs, no prob'. This presentation happened right before lunch time.

Two things have stuck with me to this day.
-Inflating the lungs to show respiration. Instead of using a tube or a straw or something, she put her mouth on the trachea to blow air into the lungs

-When showing us the aorta, she stopped peered into it, then fished out a big ol' blood clot. She lightly smushed it between her fingers and said 'We got a blood clot here... ha ha ha, hope nobody's got jelly in their lunch today!'

My PBJ went uneaten that day. And for the longest time I ate only peanut butter, because I couldn't get her smushing that clot and the way she said jelly out of my head. (Didn't help that my dad only bought strawberry preserves that had lots of fruit chunks in it).

That teacher was also missing a lung. It might've been from cancer, but I don't remember. She would start talking about it at length completely unprompted. One time she hiked the back of her sweater up to show the class part of her scar.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
One of the substitute teachers in our district was frothing conspiracy theorist. Instead of putting on VHS of Bill Nye or something, we'd frequently get treated to a period long lecture about how the government is hiding a nuclear test site near our location (on the east coast of the US, no less) that was irradiating the groundwater or some truther stuff. He'd be just vague enough or stick to the subject enough to avoid getting canned, I guess.

An English teacher we had in middle school was pretty cool, fresh out of college, but got fired before the end of her first year for putting duct tape on the mouth of a kid who wouldn't stay quiet. Supposedly she did it as a "cool teacher joke", but that doesn't change the optics much. She was the only teacher to which I ever submitted plagiarized work; I got a 100 and felt so bad about it that I never did it again. I wonder if she knew (probably not, but still). I hope she's doing well.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
My HS had a few teachers doing the “not touching you! not touching you!” approach of clearly hitting on or favoring students.

One, in particular, I’ll name Mr. Kermit. He was young, had longish hair, and weirdo “~alternative~” girls swooned over him. I was never one of his students, but I was one of those girls!

He’d give us excuse notes if we wanted to cut class when he had an off period and hang out in his classroom. I did this frequently my junior and senior year.

I once goofed around with another girl when he was on an off period but left the room to xerox something or other. We both hid behind his desk, intending to scare him. He had a desk like this:

I hid in that little inner nook, and the other girl hid outside of that, and the way the room was laid out, you wouldn’t see us until you’re like maybe a few feet away from the desk, and even then.

Anyhow; Mr. Kermit comes back in and gets close to the desk, the first girl giggled loud enough to indicate that she was hiding and moved out of the way, but I didn’t. I figured he’d just ask for me to move out of there...he didn’t. He sat down on his swivel chair and sat at his desk normally, trapping me real close to a grown man’s legs and crotch in that weird nook . I knew something went from a lame schoolgirl joke to “yeah this looks real lovely”, but my teenage mind was “no this is totally cool don’t stand so close to me lol”. I was there for about ten seconds or so? and realized maybe he had work to do, so I should just crawl out of there.

I had Mr. Kermit’s cellphone number mid senior year, a few girls did. Apparently this was used for kids to ask him homework questions and I think not many really ever did, but as stated above, I was never one of his students. I only texted him during a bomb threat, asking what was going on, otherwise I felt too shy to text him about anything else. My teenage mind thought “oh I don’t want to be overbearing and weird! Men don’t like that!” not “if my mother found out, he’d be castrated.”

Mr. Kermit wasn’t overtly a creepy teacher to the point of rumor, but in very small groups or one on one, he just flirted with that boundary. Not enough to raise suspicion, but enough to gently caress with teenage girls minds. Plus, we had teachers that were a bit more obvious about that, so he flew under the radar.

Senior year, I sat next to him during graduation. I never saw him again.

The story doesn’t quite end there.

I come home from college for Xmas. My sister is a freshman at that same HS. She has Mr. Kermit. He immediately recognizes my sister as my younger sister, and asks her a thousand questions about me. How I’m doing, how college is, and when I may be back in town. He’d love to see me.

My sister tells me this and how weird she felt about it and those questions about me, which is when it finally hit me how loving disgusting this all was. I couldn’t see it all happening to me, but the moment my sister was tangentially involved, it all made me feel really weird for a very long time. I don’t know if it was grooming when it came to me, but I could confidently say that he groomed other girls.

Mr. Kermit later went on to gently caress a former student just after she graduated. Mr. Kermit had said student’s mom as his advisor when he was in college.

Mr. Kermit is now married, to another former student. He still works at that high school as does his wife.

LOLbertsons
Apr 8, 2009

Jr. High where I grew up was 7th and 8th Grade. This is probably universal to some extent; but to clarify; you went from being the biggest kids in Elementary School to the tiniest kids in Jr. High. There were 8th graders that were, at least physically, full-grown adults.

We had a Pre-Algebra teacher that was out, and proud: Mr. C.

On Halloween, he came to class dressed as a belly dancer and did a dance on top of the table by his desk.

There was a kid (man) in my class who got held back a year. He was a big dude- probably close to 6ft and 180 lbs. He picked a lot of fights, and I think he won all of them.

It started with snickering from the whole class, but then big guy started hurling slurs at him. Mr. C. stopped the dance, and after a pretty heated discussion, pulled him outside to take him to the principal's office.

Somewhere between there and the office, big guy shoved Mr. C. down a very long set of concrete stairs. Apparently he came limping in to the nearest classroom after this all went down, and the teacher and class at first assumed it was his Halloween costume, except he was sobbing and dripping blood everywhere, so they got wise pretty quick.

We heard later from a kid who's mom taught there that he broke his arm and a bunch of ribs and his face was all smashed up. They made everyone stay in lockdown for the next period, but some kids who were outside rehearsing a skit saw him get stretchered out to the ambulance.

The whole thing made me really sad for Mr. C, but also scared the poo poo outta me.

Also, this was 1992! How a teacher of 7th graders thought this would be met with anything but ridicule is beyond me. The violence though. That was a shocker.

LOLbertsons fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Sep 25, 2019

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
In fourth grade we had a take home assignment where we had to answer ten questions related to a book we had just read. The girl next to me, who happened to be the teachers pet, forgot to do the assignment so she copied my answers pretty much verbatim just before the teacher collected our assignments. When we got them back in the afternoon she received a perfect score while I got a 7/10. I lost all faith in the education system that day.

Edit: I should mention that there wasn’t any markup on the paper other than a grade so the teacher clearly didn’t read a single word that any of us wrote.

milkingmycow
Mar 28, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Kenneth was really big and was an rear end in a top hat on the dodge ball court. But he seemed OK anyway. Heard later he drove to the next state, stole a box of dynamite from a mining company work site and brought it home. He wasn't in senior year because his mother said, "Kenny, you can't keep that box of dynamite in the house. it's dangerous!". So he drove out to the crossing and left it near the railroad tracks. I guess someone saw him or knew about it because he got arrested.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

ihatechesspieces posted:

In 8th grade, a classmate made a facebook group about our gym teacher being a pedophile, and added a bunch of people, including me, to it. I didn't really think much of it. But one day, the principal calls me, several of my friends who also were uninvolved aside from being added to the group, and the kid who made the group (the only one who should've gotten in trouble.) We proceeded to be sent to a room with said gym teacher who proceeds to go apeshit on all of us, which is fair given the circumstances he was in, but I just wish we didn't all get blamed for this thing that one kid did.
Also, at the end of my 8th grade year, me and some friends were hanging out at the school playground celebrating the end of the school year. We noticed that the door to the gym was wide open and unattended, so we decide to go in. Two people from our group went upstairs where the trophies are kept and started smashing a bunch of them, which freaked me the gently caress out and I got out of there because I was not about to be associated and blamed for that poo poo.

I feel old now as this goon had Facebook in eight grade and it came out while I was in university.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Gridlocked posted:

I feel old now as this goon had Facebook in eight grade and it came out while I was in university.

same :corsair:

Apparatchik Magnet
Sep 25, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
In third grade I suddenly had to vomit out of nowhere during class, but I heroically held it in my mouth and swallowed and regurgitated a couple of times on my sprint to the door and the breezeway outside.

I almost made it.

cinni
Oct 17, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I had a huge crush on my 42 year old psych teacher in high school and tried to subtly flirt with him but he never really made moves on me, until after I graduated.

We had to do senior projects by the end of the year and you could come back to be on the judging panel, which I did. During the meeting beforehand, he sits next to me and gives me heavy vibes, and asks me to hang out from then on. I thought I was so cool, but also at the time he was married but separated because his wife wanted kids and he didn't. They lived in a really rich bougie town in a huge mansion cause she was the breadwinner as an executive and he used her money to fund his love for designer clothes and poo poo.

He would drive me around in his fancy bmw to the Stanford campus where he graduated from and wanted to make out in the open on the benches but I always shied away. We would go to the east bay for fancy pizza where he would put so many peppers on his slice that he was visibly sweating as he ate, sexy right? So there was a lot of heavy flirting but I never went anywhere with it cause it was kind of freaking me out. Once while driving, he grabbed my hand and put it on his dick that he pulled out of his pants.

Once he took me to his marital home while his wife was at work. I went to the bathroom, and when I came out, he was only in his briefs on the couch apparently waiting for me. He comes to me and picks me up, carrying me to the bedroom. I am kicking and saying no, and trying to spiderman myself against the door frame to keep from being pulled in there. He laid me on the bed and lies on top of me and grinding, and I am trying to push him off and said if he didn't stop that I would start screaming because I knew there were construction workers outside. Only then did he stop.

Eventually I realized what a total rear end in a top hat he was, if that wasn't already apparent and stopped seeing him. He got divorced and had to live in a lovely little apartment without his wife's money to spend, while she immediately married another nice rich man. The teacher after a while hooked up with a Vietnamese immigrant lady who looked really young. He had told me before that he purposely would sit the hot high school girls in his classes toward the front and creep on them.

I did report him to the police who took down in the info in case anything happened in the future, but from what I know, he still teaches there. Ah, to be young and stupid.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I can never keep track of how American school grades work. I've seen the same thing with going from the biggest kids in elementary school to the littlest kids in high school, though some schools vary on when one ends and the other begins.

I did notice something of a pattern, or at least stereotypes; the Year 8s just starting high school tend to be relatively quiet as they're still working out the new heirarchy, Year 9s have gained enough confidence to be loud and feral, Year 10s are true nightmare Teenagers, Year 11s kinda drop off the map or just get drowned out, and Year 12s think they're practically grown up (and many are 18 at this point, and in Australia can buy booze and cigs) and do whatever the hell they want.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I can never keep track of how American school grades work. I've seen the same thing with going from the biggest kids in elementary school to the littlest kids in high school, though some schools vary on when one ends and the other begins.

I did notice something of a pattern, or at least stereotypes; the Year 8s just starting high school tend to be relatively quiet as they're still working out the new heirarchy, Year 9s have gained enough confidence to be loud and feral, Year 10s are true nightmare Teenagers, Year 11s kinda drop off the map or just get drowned out, and Year 12s think they're practically grown up (and many are 18 at this point, and in Australia can buy booze and cigs) and do whatever the hell they want.

It's worse for me man. I finished highschool in QLD a few years before they adopted the system used by other states. Until then we were mostly 17 when we graduated and started university.

In retrospect I guess it's kinda weird to say to Americans that in my equivalent of college I dated a girl who was in highschool but who was still close to a year older than me in age because I came from QLD.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

teen witch posted:

I was really bitter about it because everyone had to participate, as I knew I hated the idea being in a musical immediately. I tried to make the best of it, so I signed up to do stage crew and didn’t get it because they needed more girls. Needless to say this did not endear me to the performing arts as a participant.

I was shanghai'd into our production of Fiddler on the Roof for similar reasons. My brother was already in it (I wasn't adverse to it but had held off to let it be his "thing" because twins and we were always trying to find our own space), my mom was close friends with the stage manager and helping out with costumes, they needed more male voices in the chorus so I got a new after-school activity. I had one solo line and botched it closing night, burst into tears from the stress afterward and learned there's no way to say "no really I'm fine just gotta get this out" while sobbing and sound like you're telling the truth.

Ah, the memories.

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015
Dumb Helicopter Joke Enthusiast

Renegret posted:

When I was a senior in high school, there was this freshman kid in my gym class who wore a hammer & sickle t-shirt so I was like, haha real cool shirt, because I thought it was funny in an edgy, high school sort of way. This kid ended up latching on to me because I was the only person who was nice to him and he failed to make any friends. After a bit I realized he was way too serious about those whole communism thing, was incredibly weird, and made me super uncomfortable. I tried my best to distance myself but he just would not go away.

He got expelled 2 years after I graduated for spray painting a swastika in the bathroom.

I know people who went from nazi to commie to hipster. I don't trust those.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!
my 8th grade science teacher was a really good teacher but he loving hated when people would talk when we were suppose to be doing our class work. he would lift up a bamboo cane he had and slam it on his granite counter top as hard as possible. this led to it being a game to talk just enough for him to start slowly raising it up then stopping. or try to trick someone else into getting scared of it by getting them to talk enough for him to slam it down.

Antivehicular posted:

how the hell does a middle-school bus get pulled over? And yet.

my bus driver for 7th through 10th grade was an insane old man who shouldnt of had a drivers license. he regularly clipped parked cars ran red lights and sped. He never got pulled over but he would no poo poo report himself. we would get to the next stop after he did what ever he did. he would pull over not open the door get up and say some poo poo about how this is our fault. then turn around and drive to the scene of the accident he did and make us wait for the replacement bus and cops.

I do remember him actually super caring about our safety when we got off the buss. he would write down license plate numbers of people who didnt stop for his lights / sign and would call the cops on them right there. he would also rant like crazy at you if you crossed outside a cross walk or crossed behind the bus instead of waiting for it to leave before crossing.

if he saw you were walking to the stop late he would wait for you which i always appreciated in the moment but would hate him later in the day when i was 2hrs late from school because he took the mirrors off some truck street parked and my step dad would be up my rear end about being late.

snergle fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Sep 25, 2019

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Renegret posted:

We had a teacher in highschool that made up a huge convoluted series of lies to make people think it was somehow appropriate for a 16 year old girl to be living with him and his wife. It wasn't until about 8 or 9 years after I graduated that he finally got fired and the newspaper got involved and everything. I really should have known considering once while I was in his Bio class me and him had a brief but incredibly enlightening conversation about a freshman girl and her nice rear end and titties.

I went to a weird school.

Also, I was lucky enough to have ANOTHER teacher that tried to get me high (which I mean, yeah I love weed) then drunk (refused to have more than a sip) and then tried to force herself on me. She even stole my keys and told me I was too drunk to drive home and that I needed to stay at her house. It was all way too weird but like so weird I couldn't think of what to do. The next morning as I left her, her roomate and here son where sitting in the kitchen having breakfast. Lady had the gall to ask me if I'd like to join them. :lol:

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I don't think anywhere has 8th graders in High School.

The one point of uncertainty is 6th grade.
Sometimes they're the oldest Elementary students, sometimes the youngest Middle School students.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Grape posted:

I don't think anywhere has 8th graders in High School.

Some districts have junior high schools for grades 7-9.

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Some districts have junior high schools for grades 7-9.

My high school was 7-12 small school district

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

When I was in grade 6 during spring at recess there was a small lump of ice on the ground , no higher than 2 inches and maybe 6 inches diameter. We were jumping over it and standing and spinning on the top of it. This one kid takes a running jump, slips, feet fly upwards and his neck smashes right on the little nubbin' of ice. He started shaking on the ground and after a bit of panic the ambulance came and got him. Apparently he had severed his spinal cord and was either a quadriplegic or paraplegic. Never saw him again.

In grade 9 we had a janitor who was popular with all the students but he would constantly gawk at the girls and sometime give them a grab here and there in a 'joking' way. There were rumors that he would get drunk and stoned with some of the girls and take them to hotels and such. Anyways, my friend tried to report him and the entire school turned against him since he was present for some of this harassment and he was pressured to drop it. He did drop it at the request of the school. To this day I have no idea why that janitor was so well protected.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Tarkus posted:

To this day I have no idea why that janitor was so well protected.

And that janitor grew up to be Jeffrey Epstein

Such Fun
May 6, 2013

I’m not entirely sure on when grade school ends or starts, but when I was in ‘groep vijf’, at age 8, I was taught by juffrouw Riet. Juffrouw Riet had a son with a mental disability, though that was something I was not told until a few years later. Though her focus on people with a disability was a recurrent theme in her teachings.

I remember her bringing a calendar to class featuring art made by amputees. These artists had used their feet or mouth to hold pencil or brush. Juffrouw Riet made us try to copy these pieces, and then judge us by comparing it to the original. Invariably our work was judged “ridiculous”, “so much worse”. The closing criticism would always be “, and you used your hands! Can you imagine if you had to use your mouth! Can you imagine!”

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

First grade teacher, Mrs. W, was the meanest lady ever. She was just constantly, constantly raging. Everything set her off. She was screaming all of the god drat time. The entire class was terrified of her.

Then half way through the school year she's gone, and we have Mr. M, this soft-spoken nice guy.

Whelp, turns out Mrs. W was raging all of the time because she had a brain tumor. She came to visit the class one day, and was this tiny, frail woman, and she was just in tears talking about how much she missed "her kids," and everyone of us were sitting there like, "What's going on?"

After she left, we're all talking to each other and it's like, "why'd she come back? What'd she mean "her kids," she hated us. I'm so glad she left and we have Mr. M now."

Yeah, took me over decade to really absorb what all happened there. :(

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

teen witch posted:

My HS had a few teachers doing the “not touching you! not touching you!” approach of clearly hitting on or favoring students.

One, in particular, I’ll name Mr. Kermit. He was young, had longish hair, and weirdo “~alternative~” girls swooned over him. I was never one of his students, but I was one of those girls!

He’d give us excuse notes if we wanted to cut class when he had an off period and hang out in his classroom. I did this frequently my junior and senior year.

I once goofed around with another girl when he was on an off period but left the room to xerox something or other. We both hid behind his desk, intending to scare him. He had a desk like this:

I hid in that little inner nook, and the other girl hid outside of that, and the way the room was laid out, you wouldn’t see us until you’re like maybe a few feet away from the desk, and even then.

Anyhow; Mr. Kermit comes back in and gets close to the desk, the first girl giggled loud enough to indicate that she was hiding and moved out of the way, but I didn’t. I figured he’d just ask for me to move out of there...he didn’t. He sat down on his swivel chair and sat at his desk normally, trapping me real close to a grown man’s legs and crotch in that weird nook . I knew something went from a lame schoolgirl joke to “yeah this looks real lovely”, but my teenage mind was “no this is totally cool don’t stand so close to me lol”. I was there for about ten seconds or so? and realized maybe he had work to do, so I should just crawl out of there.

I had Mr. Kermit’s cellphone number mid senior year, a few girls did. Apparently this was used for kids to ask him homework questions and I think not many really ever did, but as stated above, I was never one of his students. I only texted him during a bomb threat, asking what was going on, otherwise I felt too shy to text him about anything else. My teenage mind thought “oh I don’t want to be overbearing and weird! Men don’t like that!” not “if my mother found out, he’d be castrated.”

Mr. Kermit wasn’t overtly a creepy teacher to the point of rumor, but in very small groups or one on one, he just flirted with that boundary. Not enough to raise suspicion, but enough to gently caress with teenage girls minds. Plus, we had teachers that were a bit more obvious about that, so he flew under the radar.

Senior year, I sat next to him during graduation. I never saw him again.

The story doesn’t quite end there.

I come home from college for Xmas. My sister is a freshman at that same HS. She has Mr. Kermit. He immediately recognizes my sister as my younger sister, and asks her a thousand questions about me. How I’m doing, how college is, and when I may be back in town. He’d love to see me.

My sister tells me this and how weird she felt about it and those questions about me, which is when it finally hit me how loving disgusting this all was. I couldn’t see it all happening to me, but the moment my sister was tangentially involved, it all made me feel really weird for a very long time. I don’t know if it was grooming when it came to me, but I could confidently say that he groomed other girls.

Mr. Kermit later went on to gently caress a former student just after she graduated. Mr. Kermit had said student’s mom as his advisor when he was in college.

Mr. Kermit is now married, to another former student. He still works at that high school as does his wife.

You just reminded me of my high school’s photography teacher. Young, mildly attractive man. Found out after graduation that he was big into fetish stuff and had been seen by former students at conventions with a girl on a leash.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

In 9th grade Biology I had a teacher who was this big man, not fat, not especially muscular, just, like his bones were big. His skull was huge. He'd always burp, but try to hold it in. There was a girl in the class who he was just an absolute poo poo to, like everything she did he just got so unreasonably angry about and no one knew why.

Half way through the semester he's gone, we later find out he was in rehab for alcohol. Towards the end of the semester he comes back, he had tubes taped down by his wrist going up his sleeve and looked really, really pale. He was around for one week and then was gone again for the rest of the year.

Well, years later, I found out that after all that, his wife divorced him and she kept the house and their 2 sons lived with her. One Christmas break, when they were out of town, and he knew they'd be out of town, he went there, broke in and absolutely destroyed the house - like studs in the walls were broken. Like I said, the dude was just built huge.

The neighbors heard the noise and called the cops, and when the cops arrived on the scene, he was just sitting in his car in the driveway, like he was waiting for them. He was booked, but released on bail or bond or whatever, and hanged himself.

I sometimes wonder if that girl in class who made him so irrationally angry looked like or reminded him of his wife or something.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

I never had this teacher, but there were two math teachers at my high school, Jane and Joe. Jane was the good math teacher, and if you were planning on going to college, you wanted to sign up for classes with her, and Joe was the gently caress off math teacher for if you didn't give a poo poo about math.

Joe was gross - a huge, fat disgusting blob of a man, with oily skin and some kind of weird permanent acne where his face was all bumpy and scarred. They said that if you brought him McDonalds every day, he'd give you a good grade (even though I think he pretty much gave good grades regardless). He got the school in trouble because he would smoke with students down the street and people driving by would see and call the district and complain about a teacher smoking with students.

About five years after I graduated, he was on the front page of the local newspaper for taking lewd photos of male students. No one even suspected he was gay, he didn't fit any of the stereotypes of the time. If you told me he got in trouble for being gross towards girls, I would've been like, "Oh, of course."

So the gist of it was, he would approach gay male students and befriend them, and start giving them gifts and money and poo poo. And then he'd approach them about letting him take photos of them. Apparently, students had been taking him up on it for years before one of them reported him.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

chitoryu12 posted:

You just reminded me of my high school’s photography teacher. Young, mildly attractive man. Found out after graduation that he was big into fetish stuff and had been seen by former students at conventions with a girl on a leash.

I don't know how far it goes but almost every photographer I've ever met turned out to be a creep.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

phasmid posted:

I don't know how far it goes but almost every photographer I've ever met turned out to be a creep.
Life is Strange ain't it

Sierra Nevadan
Nov 1, 2010

I hid salami in never-checked-out library books.

I now feel bad for getting books all greasy.

sheri
Dec 30, 2002

The art teacher for my middle school was really hosed up. He did a lot of weird, strange, scary, or inappropriate poo poo but the one that always sticks out was when he was showing slides of famous art stuff one class and mixed in with these slides were his body building posed photos where he was in a loving speedo that he gave the "oh my how did these get in there" excuse to. For every single class he did that day.

He was creepy af.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Also, had a band teacher in 4th and 5th grade who was insane. Yelling, throwing erasers, chairs, and music stands in the direction of students. Never hit a student as far as I know, so he must've been skilled at it - otherwise you'd think he'd accidentally hit some kid at some point.

He also had a little scam going where in order to be in band, you had to take private lessons with him. I remember going to his house a few times, and playing my tenor saxophone on a card table chair in his driveway. I can't believe my mom paid him, she was usually a tightwad about money.

In hindsight, I have no idea how the gently caress I ended up in band in the first place. I sure as poo poo didn't ask for it.