Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Have you ever been to the moon?
This poll is closed.
Yes 149 32.82%
Absolutely 100 22.03%
I want to talk to Samson 205 45.15%
Total: 454 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Airspace posted:

Can I just move my Battle.net installation over to where I keep my Steam games, or am I going to have to download 90 gigs on a terrible connection?

No, yes. Royawesome confirmed this a few days ago when the predownload popped up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

i only did the quests that needed pvp when i ran out of everything else to do and took like 2 months off. there's a ton of stuff to do in this game that doesn't need it

even then, everything needing pvp is like "get x kills" and not "win 100 games with a 12.0 K/D." it's all stuff you'll get eventually and part the challenge there is to find the absolute cheeseball bullshit methods to do it that don't need high skill. i'm old enough to be a grandpa ffs and I have all the pvp exotics

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

there's clan chat which is handy but less handy than discord

This is the one I meant. Thanks!

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!
Which clan should an AU player join on pc/ps4I'm lonely

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Horsebanger posted:

Which clan should an AU player join on pc/ps4I'm lonely

Any of the clans linked in the OP friend. Welcome to the game see ya in game

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

5er posted:

Is the new stuff coming out tomorrow going to have side-missions that start out solo but wind up railroading you into mandatory pvp steps?

I am literally the worst PVP player in the world, and I only found a couple the PVP weapon-quests mildly frustrating.

The game is really good as a single-player thing, and even better now that it's free, and there's years worth of content.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

From all your dear friends in the HOTDOG and CORNDOG family, we want to welcome any lurkers or newbies trying the game for the first time. We want to welcome returning players and maybe you’ll stick around this time. And those who never quit and somehow survived even when Curse of Osiris was new, nice work.

May the moon shine its very grayish light on your soul and bless you with a useful green and blue and an exotic or two.

Courtesy of why halo thar. Welcome to Shadowkeep!

Poistiant
Aug 22, 2006
Those are all HOTDOGS. Where is the CORNDOG representation? Are we second class citizens?

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

I fell off in Forsaken without doing a lot of Dreaming City. Which content creators/videos would anyone recommend for catching up on the pve mechanics post-forsaken campaign (dreaming city, blind well, outlaw lost sectors, menagerie, forges, the new raids (though these are easier to find) etc)? Just a point in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Everything's changing tomorrow so there's no good recommendations

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

5er posted:

God damnit. Thank you, no sale.

If this isn't a joke post then it's probably for the best that you stay away from Destiny and the good time having goons who enjoy playing Destiny.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=163_C5UVU-I

New destiny boys

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Much like the theme song to Star Trek: Enterprise, I went from hating this song, to "ironically" enjoying it in passing, and finally to unironically embracing it completely.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

DrNutt posted:

Much like the theme song to Star Trek: Enterprise, I went from hating this song, to "ironically" enjoying it in passing, and finally to unironically embracing it completely.

More or less same

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
yeah that's a no from me, dog

the easter egg in forsaken was pretty fuckin hilarious though

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I guess I'm coming back to this dumb game, maybe I'll do a raid this time.

How!
Oct 29, 2009

Lumina loving sucks.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 42 hours!
Game is not really going to be free. Is more like a really generous demo. To play the true destiny experience you have to buy the last dlc.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
p sure we all know what "free 2 play" means by now

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Still lolling any time I remember all the people who were angry they had to crucible to get the last word, a gun that is first and foremost a crucible gun.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Tei posted:

Game is not really going to be free. Is more like a really generous demo. To play the true destiny experience you have to buy the last dlc.

This is also untrue.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
i've never played a destiny but i need a new online timesink. who should a noob like me join?

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Still lolling any time I remember all the people who were angry they had to crucible to get the last word, a gun that is first and foremost a crucible gun.

Honestly, I'm loving terrible at PvP and I completed the "play Crucible" step for TLW by accident during an IB week. I wasn't even trying and oh huh I completed that step, who knew?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Every PvP step for an exotic in d2 has been babby difficulty and anyone complaining about them probably hasn't even tried. D1 had far more unforgiving poo poo and they went out of their way to make those steps far less punishing in D2.

The crucible pinnacle weapons are another story but those are meant to be max sweaty trophies.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Oh jeez I thought the guy was just making a joke about "no sale" because destiny is literally free

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

It's October 1st

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

Are entitlements cross platform too, or just save?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I will try this video game.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

oxsnard posted:

i've never played a destiny but i need a new online timesink. who should a noob like me join?

So, the two Destiny clans (Serious Overchill and SA Gamers) are fairly intertwined at this point. You can safely Just Pick One and play with a good group of people.

The biggest issue is that clans are limited to 100 players, so we have a few overflow clans. Hop in discord (either of them) and see whats up when SKeep launches (the Clan pages are currently down for maint, so you gotta wait until tomorrow to join)

Personally, I would recommend the Serious Overchill discord + clans, cause that's the clan I'm in!

RocketRaygun fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Oct 1, 2019

Orv
May 4, 2011

Vadun posted:

Shadowkeep and everything before it is platform dependent but rumblings (possibly confirmed I forget) are that seasons following Shadowkeep will not be.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Spanish Manlove posted:

No, yes. Royawesome confirmed this a few days ago when the predownload popped up

Yep! They chose to go the Preload method which encrypts all the files. Even if you transfer the files over after the preload completes, it looks like the adjusted the game file layout slightly so the Verification will fail and steam will redownload every file.

It's Downloading time!

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Vadun posted:

Major expansions (Shadowkeep, Forsaken) are platform specific. Y3 Season Pass buys are applied to the save.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Also going forward (this was not the case in y1 and y2) weapons and armor you earn won't be tied to a platform. So say you have all the expansions on PC and earn all the forsaken exotics or whatever, but you have friends who talk you into downloading new light on PS4 so they can raid with you, you will still have access to all your forsaken gear on PS4, your loadouts will not be affected.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Lmao stop being so scared of pvp

pvp sucks, and i say this as someone who engages in pvp. i don't blame anyone for not wanting to touch it.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

From the previous thread:

Deaku posted:

drat, the vi̶̧̢̢̨̢̨̨̧̧̢̢̨̨̛̛̛̛̛̩̪̰̺̠̯͓͓̠̫̞͎̰̹̖̥͙̭͉͙̞̯̻͓̘̺̭̞̩̱̝̜͔̯͈̹̬̫̳̗̪͎̞̣̮̩͖͖͖̻̩̱̥̗͕̝̘̭̝̹͍̞̲͙͔̦̤͕̦̣̳̮̙̮͚͍͉̺̟̳̙̜̼̱͖̰̲̯̟̰̪̮̯̟͍̮͚͉͎̟̯̮̩̗̺͙͙̹̞̝̠͓̙̞̣̩̤̪͉̯͇̫͇͓͉͇̱̤̱̠̦͇̣͙͎͙͈̦͚̗͖͍̙̞̭̤̝̹͍̔̆̍̍̎̌̅́̈́̀͒̃̍͂̆̂̅̍͛̈́̎̓́̍̄͊͗̅͒́̅͑̂̇̀́́͗͒̈́̒̀͑̑̈̆́̿̉̈́̽́̊̀̄̓̉̒͛͐͌̽̄̏̀̃́͋̄͑͌̾̎̃̀̄̾́̀̀̉̔̀̿́̈́́̄̂̓̽̍̾̾͑̽͆̊̀͌̄͋͆͌̌͐͊͌̿́͂͐̿̎͛̿̂̉̈̐̈́̒̽̂̈̂̆̏̅̃͆̉͒͑͛̽̓̓͒̊́̔̌̎͊̑̂͌̿̂̑͒͐̐͛͊̿̿͋̉̇̾̋̾̀̍̐͐̏̀̀̀̆̐́͆̀͐̒̍̓͆͛̏̈̀́̆͗̌̀̔͑̂̄͐͗̔̎̌͂͋̍̓̑̌͗̈́̓̄̈́͌̽̍͑̾̋̈́̔͊̓̐̕̚̚̚̕̚͘̚̚̚̕͘̕͘̚̚̕̕̕̕̚̚͘͘̕̚͘͘͘͘̚͜͜͜͜͜͝͝͠͝͠͝͠͠͝͝͠͠͝͝͝͠͝͝͝͝͝ͅͅral campaign for Destiny 2 led to this videǫ̸̧̧̢̨̢̧̨̨̧̨̡̧̛̼̺̲̰̜̮͇̦̣̖͈̜̳̳̰̭̬̻̟̙̣͍͕̗̦̜̜͈̪̖̥͍̙̖̩͖͕̮̣̦̳͔̰̙̗̞̼̪̦͎̯̤̪͕̤̱̦͚̼̖͕̗̘̺̝̞̝͈̤̯͔̫̭͔̙͕̯̱͉̟͔̰̥͎͉̹̱̙͕̙̜̬͕̝͖̞̣̱̗̱͎͔͔̮̍̋́̐̆̑͑̃͑̓̃̿̀̚͜͜͝͝͠ͅͅͅ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M75VLQuFPrY

m̸̨̡̡̨̧̡̢̢̢̧̨̧̧̧̡̨̧̢̨̧̨̛̛͕̩͇͈͎̬̱͙̱̼͖͉̘̻͖̲̬͎̟̯̻̦͉̰̳͙̮̬̤͖̭̮͙̘͔̜̟̣̳̤̮̯̳̬̖̹̥̜̭̲̺̩͚̠̖̥̣͍̘̘̦̗̻̱̥̩̲̬̱̙̺͖͍̹̳͙̞̳͉͕̰̜͙̥̱̲͇̫̻̖͍̖͙̩͈̝̘͎̩͖̦̺̙̗͖̣͙̝͕̳͙̹͔͉͇͈̯͙̗̯͈̹̫͕͇̠͕̦͚̰̫̖̱͎̬̦̪̥̻̹̦͍͔͔̰̖̹̞͎̮̟̦̹̦͕͍͎̼̹͔̦̖̞͓̘̮͉̠̤̣̪͔̪̹̞̯̠̲̥̠̲͉̣̣͙͊͗̃͆̂̔̈́͛͋̌̇̽̂̄͆̑̈͂͑̄́͛́̎̄͐̆̈͗̍̆̽͑͋̃̓̆͂͋͌̓͒̈́̌̒̎̉̇͆̔͆̎͂̄͑̄̾̉̀̓̌̓͌̏̅̑̽̃͂̀̄̏̒̇̅͛͒̏̏̀̒̅͌̔͒̈́̊̉͒̈́̎͂̒̀̊̒̆͐͗̾̂̿̉̂̈́͑̈̈́̋́̄̈́͐̃̓̒̎͌̐̽̓́̐̄͆̃̚̚͘̚͘̚̚̕̕͜͜͜͠͠͠͠͝͝͠ͅͅͅͅͅơ̴̡̧̧̡̢̨̨̨̡̧̨̨̧̧̡̧̢̨̨̡̡̢̨̧̡̨̡̡̨̧̧̲̜͙͍̜̖̖̙͍̜̯͕̱̮̠͈̟̙̖̟͎̜̥̯̗͇͈̬̭͔̫̫͉̗̦̹̲̳̠̻̻̳̪͇̥͎͉̜̜̺̼̗͉̼̻̝̳̣̲̺̰͍͍̠̳͚̱͕̺͔͙͎͉̘̬̲͓͕̜̙̝͚̜̣̯͍̥̯̹̹͙͓͔̲̳̠̺̦͖̭͖̫̩͓͖̗̳͉̙̞͕̙̞͉͚̳̺͖͈͈̤̙͎̲̞̳̦͕̗̯̠̤̟͙͔͚̥̮̜̻̩̯͍̼̩̭͖̝̹̞̳̘͓̗̹̗̼̣͔̮̳͎͕͙͕̥̞̗͔̖̬̩̹̫͉̤͉̱͎̞̰̮͎̜͖͍̞͙̱̣͓̣̟͔͓̮̲̹͓͕͖̘̺͉̘͔̟̜̦̤̭͇͎̤̹̣̟̱͖̩̞̺͎͊̃͋̿̉́̅̑͌̃̓̽̓̉͒͆̂̽̆͐́̅̃̋̇̐̈̍̉̊̑͐͐͗̇͋̄̿̾̽̓͌̈͂̋̒̿̒̓̏̌̄̀̈̕̚̚͘͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͠͠͠͠͝͝ͅͅͅͅͅơ̴̛̤̺̟̦̮̣̞̝̮̫̙͓̜̖̥͖̣͔̺̯̰͕̤̽̐̏͌̒̓̄̐͛̉͂̾̈́̄̉̃͗͒̂̍͗̃́̔̎̅͊̒̌̓̽͛͊̉̓̌͂͆̃̈́̄̀̓̈́͛̍̔̈̔͑͐̽̉̾̆́̌̏̋̃̎̑̿͛̋̀̍̊̎͋͂̎͋̌̾̊̈́̉̄͘̕̕̕̚͘̚͘̕̕͠͠͠͝͠͝ṋ̴̨̨̢̧̧̢̡̧̢̛̛̛͉͍̬̗̩͉̖͍̩̭͙̬̙̮̼̹̺̗̖̰̠̱̩͓̬̗̫̤̟̼͍̟̮̩̹͓̠̩̫̮̦͉̟͕̬͈̘̦̻͉͇̱̻͕̘̞̰̬̞̫̳̘̫̰̭̩̯͉̼̞̯̮̠̙̗͕̞̮̣͖̫̘̙̣̥̞̮̹͓̘̭̰̦̠͇̞̳̮̬̞̼̟͇̼̙̱̦̬̳̩̭̱̣̥̺̠̳̖͔̫͎̭͉͙̣͕͕̟̳̹̰̤͕͂̂̀͛̔̀̒͆̓͆̿͛̊̈́͐́͐͋̽̂͂̀̓̇̾̈̏̈́̉̄̈̔͋̂͗̅͂͐͐̄̆́̔͗̀͋̀̍̑͗́̉̓̀̈́͛̀̍̉̇̍̊̈́̒̿̂̅̍͑̎̂̆̅͊̈́̓̍̎͐̒̔̉̌̈́̆́͛̐͊͌̏͆̂͂́̉͂͋̒̽̉͗̓͋̌̂̍̆̓̇̈́̄̏̑́́̀̈́͂̂́͐̊͒̆̆̎̐̊̈́̕̕͘̚͘̕͘̕̚̚̕̚͘̚̕͜͜͝͝͝͝͠͝͠͝ͅͅͅ'̷̡̛̛͍̲̱̳͔̖̲͓̭̟͌̀̈́̍͊͌̀͑́̀͊̈̽̊̊̋͆̀͒̒́͛͋̈́̒͐͐́͒̂̅̾̚͘͠͝͝͝͠s̵̢̡̧̨̧̧̧̨̢̨̡̡̧̢̢̡̢̨̨̧̨̨̢̢̛̛̙͓̲̪͚̭̤̯̮͔̭̼͎̜̼̩͖͉̳̙̞̻̜̻̖̥̳͈̟̹͖̬̼̖̩̙͇̯̤̲̯͙̤͍̪͍͖̯͕̼̣̳̤̖̞̱̦͕̝͉̠͕͍̭͍̗̺̫͈̺̳̙̮͍̠̠̻̱̩̭̦̥͖̤͖̜̘̰̼̦̪͈̫̪̬͇͉͙͓̱̘̖̰͖̗͔̟̹̜̻̝̖̼̙̮̟͔̥̰͈̬̱̭̭̳̬̱̹̫̱̙͓̼̪̥͍̣̞͙͔̟͇̮̭̭͖̤̯̭̦͕͎͍͍̰͔̙͕̦͎͉̙̬͓͇̠͉̩̦̱̻͇̩̫͕̜͍̹̥̦͇̹̹̫̤̗͉͔͔͈̙͔͓̘̣̳͉̤̠̳͔͚̜̼̱͎̩͇̱̟̤̦̥̱̞̪̥͙̟̮̮͙̮̲̜̞̘̺̯͚͉̬̝̙̦̭̖͉̳̖͔͖͙͈͚̘̯̘͍̻͉̦͔̺͒̌͂͑͐̋͆̋́͛̉̽̓̂̆͂̒̋̿͗̄̆́͂̍̎̄̑̐̾͛͆̓̆͊̓́̿̂̉̿̆̋̍̌̊̃̈́̀̽͛̌͂͌̅͋́͌̏̈̓̂̿̇̉͐́̂̃́̒̒͐̋͛̋́̐̄̽̀̈́͊̓̅̌̆̈́̿̉͐̉͛̄̈́̄͐̒̄̉͛̔̓̕̕̚̚͘͘͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͝͝͝͠͝͝͠͠ͅͅͅͅͅͅͅͅͅͅͅ ̶̨̧̡̨̢̢̧̢̛̞̹̭͖̭̟̫͈͈͙̝̜̠̹͙̰̦̥͉͖͓̠͖̪͖̘̳̜͔̯͖̣͎̮͕̺̜͉̭̬̳̗͖̥͍͙̻̘̦̰̘̖̰͎̦͔̥͚̗̝̟̘̗̠̬͇̠̮̬͈̗̓̇̇̌͂̃̿̀̿͛͐̊̋̀̌̌̈̌́̅̂̾̓͋̉̌̐̔̉͐̍̓̐̔̇͛͌̆̐͗̚̚͘͜͜͜͜͜͝͠͝͝ḩ̵̢̢̧̡̨̢̡̨͖̭̠̞͈̖̙͎̰̙̳̤̗͇͕̜̺̩̣̤͉̤͎̟̭̼̫͙̺̳̱̖͇̖͈̤̣̬͚͖̳̹̟͎̠̮̤̹͉͈͔͎̤̞̭̼̥̜͈̤̥̩̬̪̙͔̲̣̖̟͓͖̰̦̻̤͍͉͍̝͓͙͙̖̠̻̳̥̺͚͙̭̣̝̺̮̹̭̺̬͚͚͙͙̖̼̞̮̙̪͕̳̞̹́̄̇͊̿̓̾̾̋̾͌̋̽̈́̅͑͐͘͜͠͝͠ͅͅà̴̢̢̢̡̢̨̨̨̧̢̨̡̢̨̧̧̢̨̨̢̲̘̯̘͕̪̮̺̙̞͈̗̯͕̼̘̹͎̞̠̙̺͇͍̩̳̬̭̖͍̟̘̰͚̟̼͚̮̟̫̦̥͓̯̠͚̙͕̦̫̫̳̳̺̳̱͚̤̳̬̝̟̳̤̠͙͉̩͓̝̜̻̖̭͕̘͎̼̦̖̙̱͇̟͉̘̫̰̞̠̥̘̭͚̭̣͉̘͇̹̙̠͔̞͔͓̗̳̜̘̱̰̭͇̖̳̭̺̳̻̥̼̳̻̺͙̙͕͙̤̮͍͉̙̘̠̣̮̥͓̭̻͇̖̩̫͕̯̦̮̟̦̣̗̭̲͍̗͖̬̤͉̺͎͍͖̫̭̐̒͑͂͋́̽̄̈͛́̐̍͊̚̚̚͜͝ͅͅͅừ̷̢̡̢̧̡̡̢̢̢̨̛̛̛̛̛̛̛̛͔̘̙̘̘̞̰̼̠̭͓̳̰͓̩̯͈͉͖͇̼͉͇̦̪̰̗̭͍͈͔̹͔̹̯̦̠͉͕̬̬̝̯͍̭̻͓̙̪̳͎͎͖͎̜͇̰͇̗̩̺͖͓̰͚͕̳͙͈̪̭̞̖̞̜̠̩̝̠̱̥͈̘̯̘̖̩̦̲̟̣̱̻͈̼̼͎̙͕̮̼͎̼̦̺͉͔̠̻͔͔̠̜͇̼͉͖̜̯͖̟̩͓͚̪̙͇̬̣̞̠̫̭̭̠̪̼̮̟͚̟̱̳̞̣͚̗̲̲̺̖̙̻̪̺̥͎͚̹̤̝̖̝͖̦͖̖͈̻̗̞̺̳̘̺͇͓͂͒̍̈̄͆̈̇̍̅̓͋̇͆̉̉͑̇͗̐̿̆͛̾̈́̃̈́̆͆̉͛͊̀̔̍͋̄͐̋̈̾̐͊̓̄̔́̈́̋̆͛̔̉̈́̍̈́̓̒̽̈́͒͗̉̒̔́̈́̊͂͗̌͗̐̿̓͌̊̍̀̋͋̿̓̄͛̈́̈̍̓͐́̉̎͛̃̀̉̾̂̀̍̆̋̐̒͛̏͛̂́̈̈́̈̀̂̑͂̂̊̿̓̿͂͐̿̑͒̊̍̚̚̕̕͘͘͘̕͜͝͝͠͝ͅͅͅͅͅͅͅň̸̢̨̡̡̢̧̨̧̛̛̛̜̙̟̮͇̺̥̝͙͔̝̜̙͚̭̬̬͚̪̬̩̦̱͍̗̘͕͕̦̱̳͇̈́͌͂͗̈́̓́̇͆̿̀̿͐̅̿̇̇̅̇̍̇̍͋̍̂̄̄́͋̊̃̐̿̏͆̈́̃̃̂́̄̉̀̊͆̋̋͋̈́̏͂͊͂̋̇̀̿͑̈́͊̃̓̌̊̓̄͊͒͛̀͑͂̽̑̅̌͂͗̾̀̊̒̾̑́̒͂̌̒͐̂́̓̈́̄̀̓̓̃̆͌̎̑͒̽̚̕͘̕̚͝͠͠͝͝͠ͅt̴̡̛̛̛̛̹̖̼̜̱̹̞̤̲͔̩͔̖̬͕̬̯͍̼͚̯̬̥̮̠̭̲͚͋̀͊͛̌͆͐̇͌͗̍͐̈̋̉͋͑̏͗̃̀̓̓̎̉͐͐͌̎͐͌̆́̎́͑̏̌̏̏̓̇̍̈́͌̀͂͗͋̂̽͑̇͛̄̇̓̂̋̋̿́͌̋͐̅̅̈́͛͂͌͂͌̇́͛̀͛͌̈́͑͐̒̄͊́̏̐̊͗̒̕̚͘̚͜͝͝͠͝͠͠͝ͅȩ̶̧̨̨̡̨̡̢̨̧̧̢̨̢̧̨̧̛̛̛̛̛̛̭̖̼̮̟͉̱̞̪̫̦͓͔͙̤̳̰̝͙̖͈͓͈̟̲̯̮̙͖̦̺͓̗̣̟̻̻͉̫̳͍̰̼͚̝͍͈̙̜͓͖̥̲͎̰̼̟̞͕͚̜̯̱͕͈̣̙̲̟͇̻̦̰̻̰͔̭̻̮̳̤̲͉̤̪̰̳͎̜̣̱̼̦̩̞̙̞͕̰͉̜͈̼̯̭̼̱̹̝͈̠͍͓̝̠͓̙̬͓̻͚̟̜̰̯̠͚̣̙͎̦̠͔͙̠̥̠͖̬̳̱̯̩̼͇̝̮͙͍̜͖̼̺̦̱̠̤̫͙̩̲̜͔̝̝̺̯̠͓̮̞͖̻̫̺̦̘̫͈̩̣͕̪͉̤̱͎̖͍̜͍̻͓̪͍̣̹̼̞̯̹̳̼͓͎͕̰̘̩̺̰̳͎̘̟͔͈̰̹̑̇̇̇̓̓͐̉̏̀́̈́̈͑͑͑́̾̿̆̀̽͆̔̋́͆̈́̐̇͋̎͆̔̒̈̑͗̈̃͂̎͑̃̀́̈́̑̃̄͊̎̓̑̈́̈́̋͗͋̿͂͗͗̇͆͋̌̽͒̒̍̊͋͑͗̀̋̄̾͋̿̑͌̈́̑̌͌̿̀̓̉̽̿̿̋̎̐͒́͆̈̿̇͑̅̒̈́̇̄̽̇̀͒̒̆̒͌̀̎̈́͋͛̽͗̅̂̀̂͛̊͆̏͋̈́̃̉͗́̓͆̈́͐̽̔̄̎̿͊̍̔̒̾̈̐͋̈́̋́̿͛͗̌̀̉̇̄̈́̈̿̇̾̇̔̌́̀̈͑́̓͋̄̍͋̏̆̎̃̀̈̈́̔̃̒͑̂̂̀̊̃̽̀͌́̌̆̓̉̈́͋͋̾̕̚̕̚͘͘̚̚̚͘̚͘̕͜͜͜͝͝͠͝͠͠͠͝͝͝͝͝ͅͅḑ̴̧̧̨̢̧̨̢̡̧̡̡̧̨̨̧̢̡̡̡̡̡̢̢̛̛̛̛̛̠̟̮̙̝͎̖̞̯̙̱͙̰̞̹͙̗͓̗̻̭͔͍̦̠̬͎̯̤̣̻͉̻̤͇̺͚͕̩̰̦͓͔̦͍͔̻̯̖͎͈̭̬̗̣̣̳̫̞̫̳͙̭̭̹͙̱̝̱̪̼͇͇͉̟̙͙̰̳̬͓̖̫͙͉̙̟̻̟͚̝̺̪̮̬̹̭͉̺͓̗͉̱̗̱̖͙̲̹̫͔̰̟̤͎͍̺͍͕̝̺̟̲̝̘̜̟͍͙̗̘̖̪͚͈̮̣͕̳̞͍̲͙̪͎͕̬̠̮̼̳̮͓̥̠͈̻̺̯̰̯͉͓͕̟̬̫̻͎̙͚̬͍̤̠̪̥̘̟̺̟̪̰̮̠̤̝̠̗͔̙̞̮͖̭̮͔̩̙̫̟̭̥̲̠̤̳̭͔͇̫̹͚̺̮̮̹̟̬̰̬̤̼̰͖̼̩͕̣̹̗̹̻̘̲͍̈̑̓̀̈́̇̊̽̔́̇̍̄͊͋̀̄̂̔̽̓̋̔͒̏̾͗́̆̉̆̄̾̓̈́̐͊̈́͗͋͛͂͌͐̉̔̐͋̎͐̀̓͒̇̅͌̄̀̂͌̿̿͐̈͌̄̈́̏̎̽̇̅͒̇̊̃̇̓̾́̐͒̅͂͌̾̀̓͆̉̊͑͒͑̾̔̽͛̄́͊̀̌͌̔̽͒́͂̂̄̈́̌̎̽̓͆̀̔̓͊́͌̾̾̀̉̅͌̀͐̿̽̈́̈́̓̃͒̓̿̀͆̐̈́̓̔́̈́́̌͐̈̎̇̔͋̑̎̓̎̀̓̉̊̉̄͋̈́͐̀̈́̽̽͛̎͑̈́̽̑͆͒͗͂̈́͌̋͆̐̀̎̍̓͗͛̈́͋̍̎̅͋͆̃̍̅̑̋̊̌̚̚̕͘͘̕̕̚̚̚̚͘̚̚͘͘̚̕̕̚̚̕͝͝͠͠͝͝͝͠͝͝͝͝͝͝͝͝͝͝͝ͅͅͅͅͅͅͅͅͅͅ 🌙

J.A.B.C. fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Oct 1, 2019

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

when this poo poo live so i can play it for an hour and then remember i did all the non-shadowkeep stuff already

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

The 7th Guest posted:

when this poo poo live so i can play it for an hour and then remember i did all the non-shadowkeep stuff already

In 9 and half hours I guess? Anyway, I will just start a new save. I am not too attached to my ps4 characters who I neglected during D2 and can't wait to neglet my new PC characters as well!

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006
Hello it's Oct 1st already? Mods??

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Roman posted:

i only did the quests that needed pvp when i ran out of everything else to do and took like 2 months off. there's a ton of stuff to do in this game that doesn't need it

even then, everything needing pvp is like "get x kills" and not "win 100 games with a 12.0 K/D." it's all stuff you'll get eventually and part the challenge there is to find the absolute cheeseball bullshit methods to do it that don't need high skill. i'm old enough to be a grandpa ffs and I have all the pvp exotics

I in my experience this is simply not true. One particular drifter's quest comes to mind, the one where you gain progress by kills in pvp and LOSE progress when you die. Single fuckup by bungie's patented matchmaking technology that spawns your team a man short or simply fighting a premade team can easily drop you back to 0, so I guess congratulations on your progress being wiped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
So Seasons are a time limited thing. One season 8 is over, it's not for sale ever again. You can't buy an old season the way you could buy Black Armory in August.

What does that mean for potential new strikes, planets, dungeons and raids? Either we won't get em, or they'll be free (for Shadowkeep Owners?). Tying them to time limited seasons wouldn't work. I can't imagine they'd ever say "oh you didn't play season 9 so you can't buy it, and can't play the Raid from that season until next year when it's added to the free 2 play pool"