Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Vertical Lime posted:

https://twitter.com/drewmagary/status/1186688649058013184

also manish hyped up darnold for months

whatta rube

Lol

https://twitter.com/JDChapman58/status/1186689356150345728?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

Vertical Lime posted:

also manish hyped up darnold for months

whatta rube

https://twitter.com/MMehtaNYDN/status/1121948141161525248?s=20

This tweet has certainly aged well

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
People are actually upset that their aired the "ghosts" remark? I love it.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Goddamnit, thought I was being so clever and then I load the next page to see this

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

People are actually upset that their aired the "ghosts" remark? I love it.

A Patriot fan loves the Jets getting humiliated on national TV!? What a shocking development!

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

mcmagic posted:

A Patriot fan loves the Jets getting humiliated on national TV!? What a shocking development!

the humiliating part was more the on field product

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

AndrewP posted:

Anyway I think De Costa already made his big move getting Marcus Peters. Not hopeful for any offense moves considering Sanu just fetched a second rounder.

Well then we have no chance. I am willing to trade a second rounder. The field isnt amazingly strong this year.

Mystic Stylez posted:

Yeah I also want to see Aaron Donald, Luke Kuechly and Khalil Mack on the Ravens, maybe Michael Thomas and Travis Kelce would be fine too!!!!

Im specifically thinking about teams that arent contenders.

Nov 6, 2002

mcmagic posted:

The NFL is an entertainment product. Hope this helps.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

The NFL is an entertainment product. Hope this helps.

If you're willing to look the other way and root for the biggest scumbags in sports you have had all the entertainment you could ever want.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

No one approves of ritualistic humiliation of Jets quarterbacks as much as I do, but I have to admit I don't really understand why Darnold's getting grief for this.

He's on the bench and accurately assessing that his play is suffering because he's seeing pressure that isn't there. Is there some deeper connotation to the phrase "seeing ghosts" that I'm missing?

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

Well then we have no chance.

They’re up 2.5 games in the division and have Lamar Jackson, they have certainly have a chance.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
e;fb

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

fsif posted:

He's on the bench and accurately assessing that his play is suffering because he's seeing pressure that isn't there. Is there some deeper connotation to the phrase "seeing ghosts" that I'm missing?

I thought the “seeing ghosts” line has traditionally been associated with washed up QBs who have the yips from being pummeled for years. Obviously not what Sam was trying to communicate, but he probably should have used different phrasing knowing he was mic’d.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

fsif posted:

No one approves of ritualistic humiliation of Jets quarterbacks as much as I do, but I have to admit I don't really understand why Darnold's getting grief for this.

No, we just have a cultural aversion to admitting weakness in any form.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

AndrewP posted:

They’re up 2.5 games in the division and have Lamar Jackson, they have certainly have a chance.

We won't get two defensive scores every week.

We are going to have to score points. And we can't do that with our current offensive corps not named Lamar Jackson. Either we need to get a big play receiver, or get a pass rusher that makes our defense good enough to make games lower scoring. Our current setup will be good enough to win the North and thats it.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Oct 22, 2019

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I hope the Chiefs trade for a good defensive tackle, cornerback or linebacker.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Just a toenail? Guess the rest of the foot up his rear end from last night must have shaken loose on own.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Belichick taking over the defense and it going from mediocre to one of the best ever fielded and there not being one bit of thought that maybe Patricia is a hack is great.

You don't win prizes for telling people things they already know.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
As much as media hyped him as the rocket scientist defensive genius is what I mean. Yeah goon common knowledge is that he's a hack

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

We won't get two defensive scores every week.

We are going to have to score points. And we can't do that with our current offensive corps not named Lamar Jackson. Either we need to get a big play receiver, or get a pass rusher that makes our defense good enough to make games lower scoring. Our current setup will be good enough to win the North and thats it.

Winning the North while retaining draft picks and making a bigger push next year after Lamar’s had a full season of starting under his belt seems okay to me.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Remember when the Browns were gonna win the AFC North?

nah
Mar 16, 2009

fsif posted:

Ghosts are objectively fake, so Darnold's comment shows that he's an idiot who probably worships some dumb sky wizard. The burden of proof lies with him to show the media and Jets fans that ghosts are real

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

AndrewP posted:

Winning the North while retaining draft picks and making a bigger push next year after Lamar’s had a full season of starting under his belt seems okay to me.

Who knows how easy winning the north will be next year? It might be much tougher. We are extremely likely to make the playoffs this year. So gear up to try to make a run.

Never assume that future years will be as easy. You never know what will happen. The future is now in this league.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

nah posted:

Ghosts are objectively fake, so Darnold's comment shows that he's an idiot who probably worships some dumb sky wizard. The burden of proof lies with him to show the media and Jets fans that ghosts are real

There is no way after last night Darnold believes in God. The Devil, sure, but definitely not a God.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1186716765084094469?s=21

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Hmmmm

Sure

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Asking prices for Diggs and Green must be too high.

Nov 6, 2002

I'd be scared to give up a lot for Green.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

ya'll do be afraid to give the miami dolphins a call if you want to trade for any of our players!

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

That is a trade

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

fsif posted:

Asking prices for Diggs and Green must be too high.

Diggs ain't getting traded. He has like 4 TDs and 350 yards in the past 2 games

If he does, also considering hes 24 it would have to be Jalen Ramsey levels imo

Nov 6, 2002

Now free OJ Howard!

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Why the hell would the Vikings trade Diggs when they’re sitting at 5-2

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

AndrewP posted:

Because he was obviously upset after the Bears game.

Since then they have started passing the ball and it looks like everything has smoothed over but still, if your any other team why wouldn't you want Diggs

The much much more likely traded Viking would be Xavier Rhodes..... Maybe Kyle Rudolph

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Pats owned the Falcons so hard they making them give them stuff.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

AndrewP posted:

It was the narrative before the Vikings spent the last few weeks unfucking themselves. Now everyone's happy and trolls are going "Kirk Cousins... MVP?" on twitter.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Diggs has been a bit weird with the drops and fumbles recently. I might say it would be a smart move to sell high after these big games he's had if the Vikings had anyone halfway decent to replace him. With Thielen out you have to assume any Diggs trade has been put totally on the back burner

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Winning will soothe most locker room issues

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Ehud posted:

ya'll do be afraid to give the miami dolphins a call if you want to trade for any of our players!

Sort of want davante Parker & Raekwon McMillan tbh. Why not just rip through the husks of that dying team for some nuggets of noursihment.