Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
Given the ticket prices, I would think that Trump would get more cheers than boos. But really, who cares about Trump when Coach O is in the building?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flyin Jim Elbows
Jul 10, 2008

College Slice
I'd love to make fun of Alabama for inviting Trump, but unfortunately I would absolutely expect that bullshit from Tennessee if they weren't bad so I'm mostly just thankful it isn't us.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Flyin Jim Elbows posted:

I'd love to make fun of Alabama for inviting Trump, but unfortunately I would absolutely expect that bullshit from Tennessee if they weren't bad so I'm mostly just thankful it isn't us.

Is it really an invitation or is Trump just showing up to Christmas like Cousin Eddie

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

Scarf posted:

I say put his rear end on gameday and watch his base recoil in disgust as he displays absolutely zero knowledge of college football.

Back on the campaign trail he asked a crowd in Arkansas about how excited they were for Alabama's football success, they booed loudly, and in probably the greatest concession he ever made he said something like "well you have to respect what they've accomplished"

Advantageous
Apr 8, 2012

He's going to enter the stands and mug for the camera right as the home team is running onto the field. (lol, no. that would require coordinated effort)

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Alabama still has a boatload of segregation academies and thus a lot of kids from them Roll Tide Pawl.

There's gonna be suits and MAGA hats and worse poo poo all over that student section.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Scarf posted:

I say put his rear end on gameday and watch his base recoil in disgust as he displays absolutely zero knowledge of college football.

If he was guest picker he'd talk so much Rece would be doing the hurry up on pick number 2

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Our fat orange prez literally jetting all over the country seeking out friendly crowds.

He should just go to a Citadel game.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

Holy poo poo, Colorado might suck but we just got some shocking news that might prove our coach knows how to recruit. Anthony Alfano, the 5 star stud (and #1 prospect in the nation) that left Alabama just signed a financial aid package at CU (not binding, but basically same as a commitment). Actually have no idea how Tucker pulled that off, considering how lovely the team has looked this year.

But if this is not just a one time fluke and Tucker can get more guys like that to come to Boulder, we might have a chance at not sucking at some point in the future

DrunkPanda fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Nov 5, 2019

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

fitz has always been kind of a doofus but i think he's been exposed to radiation this season

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Rule change proposal: for times when personal fouls are called on both teams on the same play, rather than them offsetting it just alternates which team gets penalized 15 yards. Like the possession arrow in basketball.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

LeeMajors posted:

Our fat orange prez literally jetting all over the country seeking out friendly crowds.

He should just go to a Citadel game.

I'm surprised he isn't going to a Liberty game tbh

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Tennessee might make a friggin’ bowl game!!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Demon Of The Fall posted:

if Tennessee makes a bowl it should be a rematch with Georgia State who I believe are already bowl eligible at 6-2

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

mactheknife posted:

like, the student sections and student bodies are obviously large and diverse and i know that i'm just inherently negative or nihilistic about this poo poo but i still feel like the cheers are gonna far outweigh the boos

and i also can't decide if i welcome this distraction or what

Not for nothing, but East Baton Rouge parish went for Hillary in the last election if that means anything. (It doesn't).

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
lol our chosen sport is going to embarrass itself before the nation by breaking the streak of the president getting booed at sporting events

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
lol what a loving circus

i hope the lights give him an aneurysm

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i thought i was the original gator hater, pappy

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Them dogs is hell don't they?

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Scionix posted:

lol what a loving circus

i hope the lights give him an aneurysm

daytime game

I know

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

Raku posted:

daytime game

I know

Theyre LEDs thry can give him a stroke anyway

WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Raku posted:

daytime game

I know

It's after the hour change, so hopefully it will get dark in the second half.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

It'd be great if Trump spent the rest of his presidency just looking for sporting events where people like him, like W did at the '08 Olympics.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I will tell you for sure that the cheers are going to dramatically outweigh the boos. Sorry guys.

Also, I feel very confident that after that happens, he's going to tweet out one of those weirdly overproduced videos of the day with the caption "Thank you Tuscaloosa!"

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Edit: phone double posted

Flyin Jim Elbows
Jul 10, 2008

College Slice

Alaois posted:

if Tennessee makes a bowl it should be a rematch with Georgia State who I believe are already bowl eligible at 6-2

I'd be happy with a second chance to fix this hosed up timeline

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

someone just needs to bait him into saying that he thinks LSU will win

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Hey shut the gently caress up!!!

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Not for nothing, but East Baton Rouge parish went for Hillary in the last election if that means anything. (It doesn't).

you're right on both counts

also, tuscaloosa gets to deal with the wet boy, gameday, and secnation. what a shitshow.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Emron posted:

I will tell you for sure that the cheers are going to dramatically outweigh the boos. Sorry guys.

Also, I feel very confident that after that happens, he's going to tweet out one of those weirdly overproduced videos of the day with the caption "Thank you Tuscaloosa!"

My impressions from my couple of Alabama facebook friends is that 1)they all think he's going to get cheered and are or already have sold their tickets to not be there for it so it's really going to happen now and 2)god drat those tickets are worth a lot of money.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
https://twitter.com/theothermegryan/status/1191562081130229765?s=19

Get that money before you finally play a team not starting a third string QB, PJ

Ebeneezer Splooge
Nov 2, 2018

EmbryoSteve posted:

loving christ the apple cup might be to see who is bowl eligible

gently caress 2019 huskies suck rear end

Maybe the cougars will break their 6 loss streak this year!

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

MourningView posted:

https://twitter.com/theothermegryan/status/1191562081130229765?s=19

Get that money before you finally play a team not starting a third string QB, PJ

Thank god, PJ Fleck at FSU would have been more insufferable than peak #TalkinBoutTheNoles

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
I'd be really interested to see what Dino could do with a potential talent pool like FSU.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Scarf posted:

I'd be really interested to see what Dino could do with a potential talent pool like FSU.

I mean maybe but that would be a really tough hire to sell this year with the way Syracuse has looked

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Godzilla07 posted:

Thank god, PJ Fleck at FSU would have been more insufferable than peak #TalkinBoutTheNoles

At least Seminoles know how to row boats so at least it would be on brand.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

MourningView posted:

I mean maybe but that would be a really tough hire to sell this year with the way Syracuse has looked

Oh for sure

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
While writing my ongoing love letter to everything college football I just watched the the KU/TTU ending again and I can't get over how absolutely unimpressed the announcer is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vGTELj0r5c

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
e: oops the Fleck news was already posted. I guess it's finalized now.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Nov 5, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Oh hey, Playoff Rankings are tonight...

1. LSU
2. Ohio State
3. Alabama
4. Clemson

Lord help NC State this weekend if Clemson is in 5. Dabo will spin that poo poo up so much and have them ready to rip flesh from bone with their teeth.