Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Mr E posted:

No Halo 3 won't be out on PC for a while.

Time to restart the fight we finished already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOO

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Neat, after I signed in I got all my xbone MCC achievements and in my first lobby I got one for not playing for over 3 months

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
I take it does the Bungie.net to transfer over your profile from XBL?

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
Is the Reach campaign worth playing through or is MP the real gem?

freeman
Aug 14, 2018
Can you party up for MP between steam and xbox (pc)?

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013

freeman posted:

Can you party up for MP between steam and xbox (pc)?

No cross-play.

EDIT:

Woops, misread that, yeah the PC versions can play together.

Thom12255 fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Dec 3, 2019

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Thom12255 posted:

No cross-play.

That blows. I assume most of my friends are getting it on steam, but i have it free through the game pass.

That said, it doesn't seem to want to launch through the xbox app, anyone having similar problems?

E: Launching through the exe or whatever in my start menu worked.

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Dec 3, 2019

freeman
Aug 14, 2018

Thom12255 posted:

No cross-play.

Says on a few sites like ign that there's crossplay between the PC versions, just not between steam and X1. Is that not out yet?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

freeman posted:

Says on a few sites like ign that there's crossplay between the PC versions, just not between steam and X1. Is that not out yet?

Right. PC versions all play together. Xbox one crossplay is *probably* down the road.

freeman
Aug 14, 2018

eonwe posted:

Right. PC versions all play together. Xbox one crossplay is *probably* down the road.

Can you actually party up with friends on the different PC platforms? Like if I boot up from Steam can I invite friends who have it on the Windows Store?

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013

freeman posted:

Can you actually party up with friends on the different PC platforms? Like if I boot up from Steam can I invite friends who have it on the Windows Store?

I'm pretty sure the Steam exe. will just open up the Microsoft launcher so everyone gets thrown into the same platform anyway.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Ringo Star Get posted:

I take it does the Bungie.net to transfer over your profile from XBL?

I have no idea but it would be nice to have our armour unlocks from the 360 days considering all the money I dropped on these loving games back then

freeman
Aug 14, 2018

Thom12255 posted:

I'm pretty sure the Steam exe. will just open up the Microsoft launcher so everyone gets thrown into the same platform anyway.

Awesome, thanks!

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

whats worth playing most? Are 3 and 4 somewhat ok visually today?

I basically just want visually accceptable pewpew I guess.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
Welp, the game freezes at the menu screen every time for me. Might have something to do with Xbox Live since it seems to happen right after it logs me in.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
isn't literally only reach available right now? probably not possible to answer a lot of the questions about other games until they are completed, they have ultrawide support for reach at least and there's a number of options in the graphical options that i saw that could change how it looks in a pretty fundamental sense.

i only logged on for a second before running to a work meeting though so i might have missed something.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Anyone already playing Reach on PC? How is it?

Coolguye posted:

isn't literally only reach available right now?

On PC, yeah

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

drat.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

haldolium posted:

whats worth playing most? Are 3 and 4 somewhat ok visually today?

I basically just want visually accceptable pewpew I guess.

Halo 4 is a good looking game, but Halo 3 is pretty ugly. That said, Halo 3 is vastly superior to play either way. In which case just play Halo Reach on PC.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Thom12255 posted:

Is the Reach campaign worth playing through or is MP the real gem?

Reach was the last Halo game Bungie made and last I checked universally considered to be the best campaign of the series.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

The plan for PC halo collection is to release the games every few months (I think) in chronological order, so Halo 1 next, then 2, etc.

Also how dare you, Halo 1 looks amazing for its time.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

anyone else getting a weird audio mix? ingame sfx are really quiet but dialog and music is really loud and the volume sliders aren't doing anything.

edit: this is happening to lots and lots of people. its like youre forced into 5.1 on stereo

Farm Frenzy fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Dec 3, 2019

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

Farm Frenzy posted:

anyone else getting a weird audio mix? ingame sfx are really quiet but dialog and music is really loud and the volume sliders aren't doing anything.

edit: this is happening to lots and lots of people. its like youre forced into 5.1 on stereo

Yeah, same thing was happening to me as well. Gun sounds were really muted while menu sound effects were normal.

Also, give me dialogue subtitles in gameplay too :argh:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

StrixNebulosa posted:

The plan for PC halo collection is to release the games every few months (I think) in chronological order, so Halo 1 next, then 2, etc.

Also how dare you, Halo 1 looks amazing for its time.

Original Halo 1 in 4K/60fps looks amazing, but the remaster is super ugly where all of the colors bleed together and are a mess.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

The campaign's a bit unplayable right now with how quiet the audio is, cripes.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Ok Halo Reach is very bad on PC. Sound mastering is making my ears bleed and the entire setup comes as a cheap CoD in space knock-off with a campaingn glued on for franchise sake.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Hell yeah to waiting

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

i found bug reports for the sound thing from months ago :goatsecx:

quote:

Audio Issues

To update Halo: Reach for Xbox One and PC required entirely changing the encoding for the game’s audio which has resulted in it sounding different from the original release. We are aware that areas of the title don’t sound like what you or we ideally want them to. It will take some time to work through solutions to improve the overall experience for audio and that work is already underway. When it is ready, we will flight to test the fixes we can make prior to updating the title. We also plan to go into more detail on our Reach audio journey in a later blog.

We did recently fix an issue with dynamic audio that we also saw some of the community report, this fix will be in for launch and has been reported to be improved in our Ring 1/2 flights.

Farm Frenzy fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Dec 3, 2019

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Didn't have any issues at all with the closed beta, but the final release appears to be 100% broken. The game won't even start for me.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
The MCC being completely broken on launch is just tradition now.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Farm Frenzy posted:

i found bug reports for the sound thing from months ago :goatsecx:

they had previews of the reach port from months ago and the audio was much better, and i think that it's also better in firefight for whatever reason

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

What an amazing waste of my time. :homebrew: Will come back later tonight, hopefully Microsoft will have an update out that will make Halo MCC actually launch.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

turn off the TV posted:

they had previews of the reach port from months ago and the audio was much better, and i think that it's also better in firefight for whatever reason

firefight is also hosed for me

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Farm Frenzy posted:

firefight is also hosed for me

in the campaign the sounds were so bad that i couldn't even hear the assault rifle being fired, it's at least audible in firefight

Orv
May 4, 2011

I said come in! posted:

What an amazing waste of my time. :homebrew: Will come back later tonight, hopefully Microsoft will have an update out that will make Halo MCC actually launch.

So if you hit Win and type in Halo and launch it from the Halo: The Master Chief Collection app it should run fine.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Has the AI for driving Warthogs always been broken or is that new? Whenever I take the turret and let the AI drive, 90% of the time they just spaz out in circles before stopping entirely and forcing me to drive. The remaining 10% they slowly head towards the objective in a jerky path, regularly stopping, briefly driving off the road, driving back on the road, etc.

Aardvark Barber
Sep 7, 2007

Delivery in less than two minutes or your money back!

Halo Day

Aardvark Barber fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Dec 3, 2019

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

1stGear posted:

Has the AI for driving Warthogs always been broken or is that new? Whenever I take the turret and let the AI drive, 90% of the time they just spaz out in circles before stopping entirely and forcing me to drive. The remaining 10% they slowly head towards the objective in a jerky path, regularly stopping, briefly driving off the road, driving back on the road, etc.

The driver AI was always suicidal at best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Orv posted:

So if you hit Win and type in Halo and launch it from the Halo: The Master Chief Collection app it should run fine.

I can get it to launch through this method, it gets to main menu and then just locks up and I can't do anything.