Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TomatoTime
Jan 16, 2020
Romper Crisma

Romper made his way over to the guild's storage to search for some better gear. He was new to the guild; he was new to adventuring in general. However, he'd always been able to take a hit, and he needed the coin. Unfortunately, he also had no clue what he was doing. This was actually a normal constant in his life (not that he would tell anyone). After grabbing some better looking gear, he made his way over to were most of the guild denizens were. There seemed to be some members raising their hands. Romper raised his own to not seem out of place, in doing so volunteering to join. See he definitely knew what he was doing...

>Takes Padded Greatcoat out of storage
>Takes Iron Spear out of storage

TomatoTime fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jan 21, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravedust
Nov 2, 2011

You're going to die.
================================== GENERAL NOTICE =====================================
My work schedule is pretty unfortunate this week, so rounds will probably be processed about 6-7am PST, as opposed to later in the day as is usual,
meaning they effectively close in the evening. This will probably persist until the end of the month, sorry for any inconvenience.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Honiko Bonik

After slaying the first foe, the warrior-woman Honiko was ready for the second inbound Seagrym's trident lunge. With a deft sidestep, she managed to block the attack with her kite shield and knock the Acolyte off its balance at the same time.

"Hah! Saw that coming!" Honiko challenged sportingly.

What Honiko wasn't ready for, however, was the unseen combatant leaping into the fray at that very moment.

The was a slight splash and a spray of water that struck Honiko's face as a giant slick tentacle tip flashed up out of the water and lash out after Honiko's leg. The coiling appendage wrapped its hooked suckers along Honiko's lower thigh and nearly yanked the woman off her feet.

Honiko bellowed in anguish and shock and - distracted suddenly from the fighting - she struggled to rip out the tentacle's barbs from her flesh while Rodric dealt with the nearest Seagrym Acolyte.

When she'd freed herself from the tentacle's vicious grasp - screaming through gritted teeth - Honiko noted that there was blood in the water now, and some of it was hers.

> IF Seagrym Acolyte to N has been slain by Rodric: Move 3W and Melee Attack Seagrym Acolyte to N.
> IF Seagrym Acolyte to N hasn't been slain by Rodric: Melee Attack Seagrym Acolyte to N and Move 5W 2N.
> Melee Attack vs Seagrym Acolyte to N: 1d10o10+5 10 - Hit?

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Valter

Hand held vertically,

"I'm in. Ready as I'll ever be."

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

"Hmm... Alright, I'm in. One last bit of equipment management, and I'll be right along."

>Leaving empty spellbook in storage.

Gravedust
Nov 2, 2011

You're going to die.
=================== ALTAR OF TIDES :: ROUND 3 ========================
KLOMBO shoots at a Temple Crab (13) and slays it! (+9 xp)
• Darrin shoots at Seagrym Acolyte (9) and slays it! (+9 xp)
• Rodric attacks Seagrym Acolyte (9) and slays it! (+9 xp)
• Slag attacks Seagrym Acolyte (9) and slays it! (+9 xp)
• Bobby-Jack finds some odd and ends worth $2 to the party.
• Honiko attacks Seagrym Acolyte (10) and slays it! (+9 xp)
----------------------------------------------------------
• A Sea Tentacle rises from the water and attacks KLOMBO (9) :Miss:
• A Sea Tentacle sinks back into the depths.
• A Sea Tentacle attacks Bobby-Jack with increased fury! (10) :Hit: (1 damage)

[ARCHIVE] [TERMS & ERRATA] [KLOMBO's Journal]

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

Darrin

Darrin hears Bobby's shout, and fires at the Tentacle, before moving farther into the Temple to support Slag.

"Seems like staying away from the water is a good idea."

Shoot Tentacle 3N, 1 E: 1d10+6 13
Move 1N, 6E

Gravedust
Nov 2, 2011

You're going to die.
((Tomato, in the interest of getting the fun train a-rollin, I assumed you wanted to put on the gear you picked up, and I also left the items you exchanged them out for in Storage. If you would rather have sold them instead, let me know and I'll retcon that.))

OKAY EVERYBODY IN GO GO GO!!! I think if we did this right, you'll wind up right inside an old pirate treasure room! Easy pickings, ha ha!

==========================
STORE =======================
==========================

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

"Wow these things are getting feistyYRGH", Bobby-Jack staggered backwards as the furiously trashing tentacle smashed him right in the face, jogging away (careful to keep from the waterways, now) with one hand holding his bleeding nose and the other giving a thumbs up to Darrin as the man sank a bolt into the thing in response.

"Watch out everybody", the man spoke loudly, if in a somewhat muffled way due to his injury, "Those tentacles get angrier the longer they stay above the surface."

>Move: E5, N3
>Action: Search

Theantero fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Jan 22, 2020

Gravedust
Nov 2, 2011

You're going to die.

=================== BRINE CAULDRON :: ROUND 0 ========================

• Everybody Portals in!

((Crap, I forgot to put the Legend in.. But rest assured, those are not the same kind crabs as are in Altar of Tides. :P ))

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

"...Not seeing much treasure in these things from here. Gonna take a closer look."
Move: North 1, West 1
Action: Search

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

"It's all right, I've got this. I'll check everything in here."

Move: E
Search.

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jan 22, 2020

Gravedust
Nov 2, 2011

You're going to die.
((Well I guess I totally forgot to post this.))

"For legal reasons I am required to state that my name and the name of my weapon are merely huge a coincidence."

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Search then Move 1N

The duelist paces in front of the patterned tiles, glancing at the mechanist and waiting for an all clear.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Ill finish an app tonight.

charms
Oct 14, 2012

Mr. & Mrs. Guiscoe

"Just like we always do, Tottie! You drive, I shoot!" The stout Mrs. Guiscoe maneuvers with an uncanny speed out of the abandoned treasury, while Mr. Guiscoe arms the crossbow despite the turbulence. They stop in the doorway for the husband to aim for the gap in the crab's orange carapace.

Move 1N, 5E
Shooting the crab 6E and 1S from there: 1d10+2 = 5

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Ashti Zann

"Well, if you've got that covered... time to make myself useful." Ashti moves towards the southern doors, and the crab lurking there, to hopefully put an end to the beast quickly. Her swordplay was never the best, but... well, you had to at least show willing, didn't you?

Move: 1E, 6S
Action: Melee Attack the crab to my south: 1d10o10 7

TomatoTime
Jan 16, 2020
((Yeah, that is perfectly fine. I will try to be more clear with actions in the future.))

Romper Crisma

Romper looked to the right and then down. "Well I just got this new spear, guess it's time to go use it." He didn't quite know what to make of the strange couple and decided to head south with the other individual.

>Move: 7S
>If Crab W is still alive attack. If it is dead Search.
>
Melee Attack Crab to W:: 1d10+1 10

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Brine Cauldron

Move 1E, 6S
IF an enemy is alive in range, Attack: 1d10+111Exploding die: 1d10 9=20
ELSE search

"I'll join you."

Algal Bloom advanced, shield high, spear ready.

WereGoat fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Jan 22, 2020

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Cut loose before the god eaters show up.
Rodric von Richter

"Forward comrades."

Move: W3 N3
Action: Search

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Honiko Bonik

With a growling roar and a sickening *schlurp*, Honiko prized the prickly suckers of the awful tentacle off her leg and the giant blue appendage slipped back into the azure waters below.

"What in the nine hells was that?" Honiko had asked aloud, as she'd dashed behind Rodric to square off against the second standing Seagrym.

While Honiko and Rodric clashed with their respective Seagrym Acolytes, Klombo had shot a crab in the face and then ran up to the water's edge to get a better look at whatever had attacked Honiko from below.

"No, Klombo!" Honiko had called out, hacking a clean slash through the fish-snake-man's neck, producing a gout of dark blood. "Stay away from the deep waters!"

But it was too late. A giant tentacle broke the surface of the water and flailed menacingly in Klombo's direction, nearly taking off the man's helmet in the process. Klombo somehow managed to fend off the assault, but it had been a close call.

By the time the tentacle's assault of Klombo had resolved in a stalemate, Rodric had finished off his Seagrym Acolyte and Honiko hers. Moving deeper into the Altar of the Tides with her teammates, Honiko braced herself for more surprises.

"Watch the water line, and keep an eye out for traps," the adventurer cautioned.

> Move: 1W, 1N, 2W, 1N, 2W
> Search

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Jan 23, 2020

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
KLOMBO

Brushing aside the grasping tentacle, Klombo moseyed to the east, taking a potshot at a trident brandishing sea beastie.

>Move W6
>Shoot the (NW) Seagrym!: 1d10+3 10
>1/3 Poison Uses Remain!

Gravedust
Nov 2, 2011

You're going to die.
=================== ALTAR OF TIDES :: ROUND 4 ========================
• Darin attacks the Sea Tentacle (13) and slays it! (+7 xp)
• Bobby-Jack searches and finds 2 Deadly Poison in an container.
• Slag searches and finds a Steel Spear in a container.
• Rodric searches but doesn't find anything of interest.
• Honiko searches but doesn't find anything of interest.
KLOMBO moves to attack but is just barely out of range!
• Seagrym Acolyte attacks KLOMBO (1) ::automiss::
• Seagrym Acolyte attacks KLOMBO (10) ::miss::
• Sea Tentacle sinks back into the depths.
• Sea Tentacle emerges and attacks Rodric! (4) ::miss::
• Sea Tentacle emerges and attacks Bobby-Jack! (Hypno:5) (8) ::miss::

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

Darrin

Darrin smiles as the first tentacle bleeds out into the water. "These things can be killed, that's good to know."

He stays put and fires again at the next tentacle to menace Bobby.

Shoot Tentacle 4N, 1W: 1d10+6 13
Move: 5N, 1E

Mykkel fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Jan 23, 2020

Gravedust
Nov 2, 2011

You're going to die.
=================== BRINE CAULDRON :: ROUND 1 ========================[/url]
• Ghorg searches, but doesn't find anything of interest.
• Valter searches, but doesn't find anything of interest.
• Mr. & Mrs. Guiscoe attack the Bubbler Crab (5) but fail to kill it!
• Ashti attacks the Bubbler Crab (7) and slays it! (+4 xp)
• Romper searches and finds some Dried Meat!
• Algal Bloom attacks a Cavern Bat and violently destroys it! (+4 xp)

Gravedust
Nov 2, 2011

You're going to die.
Oookay.. WHERE TO NEXT, LET'S HAVE SOME SUGGESTIONS!!! Looks like it's down to two places we've already been, some random mud cave thing, that Gnome Thing, and another tomb.
code:
RAIDS =======================================================
Wind-Hewn Cavern		(Cave)			[****-]x
Mudflow Caves			(Cave)			[****-] 
Relinquished Mine		(Mine)			[****-]x
#Alcazae Bastion#		(Castle)		[--***][-----]x
#Brine Cauldrons#		(Sea Cave)		[-****][-----] 
#Archaic Halls#			(Tomb)			[---**][*----]x
Xem Caizo Necropolis		(Tomb)			[--***][**---]
Assemblery XIX			(Gnomish)		[---**][***--]

CRAWLS ===========================================================
#Altar of Tides#		(Water Temple)		[---**][***--]  {Reliquary}  (capacity 6)
Man I gotta get like a sign or something, this thing's hard to read...

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Brine Cauldron

Move 7S
Attack bat

Algal twirls the spear with a flourish, annhilating the bat.

"Not too bad, shall we press on?"

Not waiting for an answer, he advances towards another bat, stopping a way away from it and expertly skewering the flappy beast.

Attack the bat: 1d10+1 8

Level up ATK

WereGoat fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jan 23, 2020

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

"Well, was worth a shot. These were picked clean. Some other party must have got here first."

Disappointed, but not wholly surprising. Ghorg gives the chests a parting kick, and hefts their axe.

"Right, enough loitering around. Time to get some practice in."

Move: East 1, South 1, East 6, North 1
Action: Attack Crab (NE)

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Jane Brogger

Pirates are out. Ninjas are... Jane gives her senpai a sheepish look and waves. That leaves robots?

Voting Assemblery XIX

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Slag hops onto and over the crab, then turns and tries to kick it over to get under its armor.

"Get a move on. I see treasure!"

Move 2E 4N 1E
Stab a Crab: 1d10o10+5 9
Drop Steel Spear 1N

malbogio fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Jan 23, 2020

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Bobby-Jack gave his team the all clear to proceed, waited for Slag to take the lead, and then snuck past him after determining that the enemy was suitably distracted.

>Move: E2, N2, E1, N2
>Action: Search, Pick up and Equip the Steel Spear Slag drops S1 from my final position
>Free Action: Drop my Iron Shortsword S1

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
KLOMBO

He frowned as the bolt fell short, skittering off the tiles. He was still frowning as he ran between the two of them, then turned and fired while sliding to a stop.

>Move WWSWW
Shoot the (Northern) Seagrym!: 1d10+3 7
>1/3 Poison Uses Remain! last shot deemed not to have counted for this purpose

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jan 23, 2020

TomatoTime
Jan 16, 2020
Romper Crisma

Romper silently pouted he had wanted to fight something. No matter he was sure there'd be something else soon enough; he should at least be a good sport. "Good job hitting that good." ...yup definitely nailed it.

>Move: 6S, 1E

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Ashti Zann

"Well-struck," says Ashti with a nod, wiping crab-grime off of her own sword. The thing was blooded now! Well... lymphed, or whatever it was crabs had, but nonetheless. "Onward?"

... and Algal's already gone onward. Oh, well. Ashti hustles to catch up.

Move: 1E, 6S

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Brine Cauldron

Concurring with Ghorg, he nodded, readying his cleaver.

"True enough, but there should be more around and about. Certainly enough of these things to get our aim in."

>Move: NEEEEEN
>Action: Attack crab (N)

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

Cogsman

- Hmm, yes.

Cogsman nodded.

- I see, I see.

The room was getting empty. Cogsman realized that by now people were expecting him to actually make a choice. He began nodding more vigorously.

---

Voting Assemblery XIX

charms
Oct 14, 2012

Mr. & Mrs. Guiscoe

The bolt goes wide, ricocheting off the crustacean's shell!

"This thing's got a damned kick to it! Keep us steady, Tottie!?"

"I ou'a b' sa'n' tha' t' y'!" She points out the cavern bat nearby. "S' i' y' c'n kno' tha' ho'd thi'n int' th' dr'n."

Shoot Cavern Bat @ 3S3E
Move 2E2S

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer
Bjorn The Roamer

Bjorn stared at the list with consternation, until suddenly he clapped his hands and pointed at the bit of scrawl on Tozi's list that read Assemblery XIX.

"Is a settlers! Foot run in palace of nine tenths for cogsmans tots is the abs of choose."

He walked over to Tozi and handed her a big pouch of coin, before wandering back to the store to retrieve the biggest potion he could find. The prices of permissible legal health stimulants were steep, but among the works of technocrats it would be better to be safe than sorry.

Bjorn hesitated while he retrieved the potion, then swore to himself. There was also the issue of full body burns. The gnomes loved their combustibles as much as their cogs, and tended to have few regards for sane safety regulations. With a frown and a sigh, Bjorn peeked back into the portal room and tossed a second, smaller, bag of coins at Tozi, before quickly returning to rummage through her armor stack and stripping out of his beloved (and by now much-patched) casual racing uniform to don its (hopefully) temporary replacement.

>Buy Healing Potion [+6] $75
>Buy Leather Watchcoat (Red) $60
>Store Traveller's Clothes (earmarked Bjorn)

Left: $107

It cut into his return travel funds, but he believed he would not regret covering up for this one. As much as it hurt to lose the mobility, any sensible sportsmage would want to avoid the inevitable third-degree burns this particular Mara run would bring.

"Haste tragedy exception but for toymakers' paradise," he explained when he re-entered the portal room, tugging uncomfortably at the heavy red leather and trying to take some comfort in it at least being in Team Red's standard regulation color. A shocking amount of the armors on offer weren't coded according to race teams - he'd have to remember to raise that point during the next team meeting.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Honiko Bonik

Honiko scanned the ground in front of her, looking for anything awry in the tilework. There were no apparent trap triggers on the floor in front of her, nothing fishy (figuratively at least) about this corridor's stonework.

The green-haired adventuress was just barely within striking range of the two Seagrym Acolytes waiting for them further down the hall, seemingly waiting for one of Honiko's team to draw closer.

Klombo suddenly barreled past Honiko's position and snapped up a quick crossbow shot at the nearest Acolyte that did anything but hit a target. The bolt ricocheted once and clattered off the next wall.

In immediate response, the two Seagrym Acolytes were upon him. One of the fishfolk practically skipped across the surface of the water, like it was built for it.

"Incoming!" Honiko called out.

The battlemage sidestepped a spear thrust that bounced off Klombo's armor and delivered a heavy cleaving slice to the Seagrym's exposed wet backside.

> Move: 2N, 1W.
> Melee Attack vs Seagrym Acolyte to SW: 1d10o10+5 11 - Hit!

"There!" she spat. "That's only the beginning."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Izumi

Vote Assemblery