Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Squizzle posted:

the australian accents really help to drive home the idea that the peacekeepers are extremely racist

:laffo:

Also, Claudia Black :swoon:

Edit: That Episode Where They Go To The Planet The Peacekeepers Grow Ammo On, And Rygel Can Piss Explosions Snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

alnilam posted:

What's the deal with the weird video game trap that stark makes, why did he make it and why was he the villain? That episode was weird

the writers really never knew what to do with stark. stark is a mess. stark is a waste.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

i thought that episode was great.

stark abusing his solemn spiritual duty of helping people pass on to heaven in order to sell video games is A+

and then he fucks even that up by mary-sueing himself into it

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

welp i've been rewatching the series over the last few months and i just finished it tonight

it was nice to re-watch the whole thing because it's been maybe 10 years or so and there were a lot of things that were more or less a surprise to me all over

real good finale too

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

as a dada the stuff related to the baby hit me a lot harder than when i watched it 10 years ago

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

also the head priestess in peacekeeper wars was the same performer as the evil nurse from season 4, which wasn't even that long prior?? good casting choice in both cases but kind of weird to re-use her! it almost made me think it was some kind of poo poo like oh she's still alive

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

At the very end they take their baby to the observation deck and say all these stars are yours, and John says "except that one"

In season 3 the other John, talyn john who dies, told aeryn that he named one star aeryn and it always centered him. I assume this is what he's referring to

Does this mean that both Johns did it independently or that John started doing it pre doubling? Probably the latter i guess but it stood out to me

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

alnilam posted:

also the head priestess in peacekeeper wars was the same performer as the evil nurse from season 4, which wasn't even that long prior?? good casting choice in both cases but kind of weird to re-use her! it almost made me think it was some kind of poo poo like oh she's still alive

They re-used a few performers. Ben Browder's wife had at least two different roles.

BTW, I'm surprised this artifact of the time is still up:

http://www.farscapeworld.com/

It was a good place for reviews and summaries in the days before every show ever had a wiki.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Woah i looked it up and Ben's wife played the traitor blue servant creature in the princess trilogy lol

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

she was also war minister acna
acne
ackbar

it seems a little kinky to have your fake tv wife shoot your real wife but ok

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

alnilam posted:

Woah i looked it up and Ben's wife played the traitor blue servant creature in the princess trilogy lol

she was like three or four diff monster ladies. i think she was the rat girl in scratch & sniff, and the bone vampire

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Squizzle posted:

she was like three or four diff monster ladies. i think she was the rat girl in scratch & sniff, and the bone vampire

yeah they all had a similar voice / vibe to them

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

lol

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

scratch and sniff felt like it painfully wanted to be a guy ritchie film, stylistically. I didn't love that episode tbh though there were good parts in it

Col.Schultz
May 14, 2010

Till we come to some beginning within our own power...
I never made it past S2 as a tween, but this thread has inspired me to go back and watch all the way through.

A slightly older me was very surprised when half the cast jumped onto Stargate SG-1 and this happened:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCNDdlCo4rA

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

alnilam posted:

Youtube autoplay up next: ASMR John Crichton Shouting "WORMHOLE!" Loop 10 hours

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

This is farscape we're talking about.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

pyf insane military commander (by whom john is hunted)

crais (s1)
scorpius (s2)
xhalanx sun (s3)
commandant mele-on grayza (s4)

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

probably scorpy

acc to the opening credits grayza was more of a powerful enemy, that he's made, which makes him question whether he should open the door

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Dunno how it could be anyone other than Scorpy. You even get an extra Harvey free of charge!

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Stargate should have brought in Scorpy as a goauld when they picked up a bunch of the Farscape cast

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

she was also war minister acna
acne
ackbar

Read up on the movies Dario Argento directed that star his daughter Asia Argento or/and his partner Daria Nicolodi for some true :wtc:

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
John Boorman’s Excalibur opens with Boorman’s daughter doing an erotic dance and then getting banged by a dude in plate armor

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

alnilam posted:

At the very end they take their baby to the observation deck and say all these stars are yours, and John says "except that one"

In season 3 the other John, talyn john who dies, told aeryn that he named one star aeryn and it always centered him. I assume this is what he's referring to

Does this mean that both Johns did it independently or that John started doing it pre doubling? Probably the latter i guess but it stood out to me

Unless John is just making a 2001/2010 reference, which is entirely likely.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Agronox posted:

Dunno how it could be anyone other than Scorpy.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I have a soft spot for Crais' arc though, but that's strongly influenced by his attempt at redemption arc, and "talyn, starburst". Scorpius' still wins though.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Crais becomes a better character after he's no longer the insane military commander, imo

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

^ Crais as head villain didn't work at all. early episodes are better once you know he's the tutorial villain & scorpius is coming.

scorpie somehow never lost his shine, well past the point any other villain in any other series would be overused & tedious.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Crais is still really good in the insane military commander role though imo.

His incredible pettiness and tendency to do incredibly recklessly stupid things (like just murdering people bringing him orders he doesn't like) gives him a psychotic edge that really helps sell how hosed up everything is.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

I like how the intro speech slowly evolves from "help help I'm being hunted and i just wanna go home :cry:" to "yeah I'm kinda a legendary badass at this point, the galaxy's top baddies all want me captured alive, could go home if i wanted to but maybe i shouldn't idk"

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

a ship, a LIVING SHIP

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

it was good, and cool, that in the season w 2 crichtons, there were two johnvoices in the intro

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Agronox posted:

a ship, a LIVING SHIP

filled with strange ALIEN LIFEFORMS

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

alnilam posted:

filled with strange ALIEN LIFEFORMS

my friends

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

also nice, in season 4 it was framed as warning people to look upward and share the wonders he had seen

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Aeryn Sun watching Sesame Street. :perfect:

Voting Floater
May 19, 2019

Yes...

No...

Bite me?

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Col.Schultz posted:

A slightly older me was very surprised when half the cast jumped onto Stargate SG-1 and this happened:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCNDdlCo4rA

Came here to post this. Having Ben Browder right there on hand and using him to play Stark instead of Crichton totally got me when I first saw it, and still does.

Stargate also has one of the few TV theme songs that give me nostalgic chills and still gets me excited when I hear it now.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Yotz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

rygel should kiss and hug asgard rygel