Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I’m happy watching, this is a really interesting LP! I wonder how the Danes feel about the suggestion to abandon Jutland so early?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013

overmind2000 posted:

Operation Dovetail, mobilize Sweden, mobilize Gulf States, mobilize Kuwait, don't attack Albania, don't mobilize Israel, and no chemical weapons. I'd like to bring back and vote for the options to mobilize the Gulf States and mobilize Kuwait. With the Gulf closed we'll need every unsinkable aircraft carrier that we can get.

Additionally, I'd like to request that the Italian navy be redeployed from the Western Mediterranean to the Black Sea in order to the assist the Turks. They've done good work so far but the losses they've taken have to be replaced and the last thing we need is the Russians landing in Istanbul. As there isn't anyone playing Spain or Portugal I'd also like to request that the Spanish and Portuguese navies join them as well. The Black Sea and potentially the Eastern Mediterranean are the places that need us the most at this point.

In favor.

Also Turkey confirms positioning by SACEUR and will hold at the Syrian frontier. HOWEVER Turkey reserves the right if there are piecemeal Syrian forces present to engage them over the border. This is purely to disrupt and destroy enemy formations i limited counterattacks and then withdraw back to friendly territory. No advances are to be made. In case of low probability of causing further damage to Syrian formations or risk of moderate casualties, counterattacks are to be called off.

Turkey also welcomes the reinforcement of the Italian Navy to the theatre if they are deployed. Turkey also thinks it is possible if the Bulgarians are slowed down in an advance through southeastern Europe that they can hopefully be cut off and destroyed in chunks. The Soviets will treat the Bulgarians and Romanians as cannon fodder, hopefully if they oevertextend themselves they an be defeated in detail.

sparkmaster
Apr 1, 2010

Fellow members of the North Atlantic council, let us keep focus. The middle east, anatolian, and northern theatres are important yes, but we should not be distracted from the most important theatre, West Germany. We could beat the Soviets back to Leningrad, and roll our tanks through Sofia and Bucharest, but if we lose Germany everything else will be for naught. What happens in Germany and Benelux will determine the outcome of the war. All other military activities should be conducted in that context. If Soviet tanks reach the Rhine, we will have lost.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Might as well take this time to clarify where some NATO commands that could possibly be in danger are. We can evacuate them away from the front but if I remember correctly we will have minor reorganization penalties while they're in transit. However if they're destroyed its a huge loss.

AFNorth (Northern Norway): Bodø, Norway (Possibly in danger): Evacuate to Oslo, London, or Amsterdam.
NORTHAG: Erlschede, Netherlands (Most likely safe from everything but air/nuclear attack) Evacuate to London, Amsterdam, or Dover
CENTAG: Stuttgart, West Germany (Safe for now, but if southern offensive fails it could be in danger) Evacuate to Strasbourg, Paris, or Lyon
AFBaltic: Viborg, Denmark (In danger. Polish marines 50 kilometers away) Evacuate to Den Haag, Wilhelmshaven, or Edinburgh.

Top Hats Monthly fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Feb 1, 2020

Randomcheese3
Sep 6, 2011

"It's like no cheese I've ever tasted."

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Might as well take this time to clarify where some NATO commands that could possibly be in danger are. We can evacuate them away from the front but if I remember correctly we will have minor reorganization penalties while they're in transit. However if they're destroyed its a huge loss.

AFNorth (Northern Norway): Bodø, Norway (Possibly in danger): Evacuate to Oslo, London, or Amsterdam.
NORTHAG: Erlschede, Netherlands (Most likely safe from everything but air/nuclear attack) Evacuate to London, Amsterdam, or Dover
CENTAG: Stuttgart, West Germany (Safe for now, but if southern offensive fails it could be in danger) Evacuate to Strasbourg, Paris, or Lyon
AFBaltic: Viborg, Denmark (In danger. Polish marines 50 kilometers away) Evacuate to Den Haag, Wilhelmshaven, or Edinburgh.

I'd evacuate AFBALT to Den Haag, but leave the others where they are.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
We are waiting on the Honorable NATO General Secretary and Greece, in the mean time, this is what will currently go through

Operation Dovetail
Operation Crocodile (if we go to war with Albania)
Mobilize Sweden
Mobilize UAE, Qatar, Bahrain, and Kuwait
If the NATO GS and Greece is in favor Attack Albania

Top Hats Monthly fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Feb 2, 2020

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

NATO has found itself in chaos after the fighting began, and has been unable to process any correspondence. The Secretary General has either coincidentally mentioned them, or has audibly issued support for Operation Dovetail, Crocodile and attacking Albania.

Clayren
Jun 4, 2008

grandma plz don't folow me on twiter its embarassing, if u want to know what animes im watching jsut read the family newsletter like normal

The Hellenic Republic (Greece)

The Hellas government supports the following:

Operation Dovetail we must make a show of strength in the center, lest the Soviets capitalize on their gains in the north. Furthermore, given the threat to the north the Hellenic Republic supports Mobilizing Sweden.

We furthermore call for the Invasion of Albania under Operation Crocodile as it will relieve pressure in the south and improve relations with Yugoslavia. We do not, however support expanding the conflict into the Levant given the stability of that front and are against mobilizing Israel.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Top Hats Monthly posted:

We are waiting on the Honorable NATO General Secretary and Greece, in the mean time, this is what will currently go through

Operation Dovetail
Operation Crocodile (if we go to war with Albania)
Mobilize Sweden
Mobilize UAE, Qatar, Bahrain, and Kuwait
If the NATO GS and Greece is in favor Attack Albania

We will initiate all these plans this turn.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

TURN 3 NATO RESPONSE

Screenshots taken slightly early. TOAW uses a system where the turn ticks down in phases, once it gets below 20% it goes to the Warsaw Pact, and I want to make sure we get some photos. There is 30% left in this turn.

Operation Dovetail

Operation Dovetail, so far, has been a success. North of Nurnberg, both US Army Corps have rolled some GDR and Soviet troops back to the border. Two divisions of Soviet armor that had pushed at the front of the spearhead have been cut off and heavily damaged, one has been dropped all the way down to two brigades left of strength, and the other is around the same outside of Bielfeld. A tank brigade has pushed into the GDR proper, after destroying some light East German border troops. The soldiers are not advancing further at this moment. French, Belgian, and Dutch units have successfully moved into position. AFBaltic has been emergency shipped to the Netherlands.

Operation Crocodile

The Spanish navy was moving in this direction, but ran out of movement points. The Italian navy has arrived outside of Duress, and the US navy (which successfully destroyed the Soviet navy fleeing to Syria! Thank you CVN JFK!) has arrived to hold support until the Spanish get there. The Italian marines, USMC, SEAL Team Six, 7th Army Special Forces Group, Italian Folgore Paratroopers, and units of the Greek army are in position. They will carry out the invasion the next day.

Other theaters

The Norwegian Nord Brigade is speeding towards Tromsø to hopefully bolster the defense before the Soviet paratroopers can dig in. Belgian commandos and the British Special Air Service have landed in Trondheim and are erecting defenses. The French rapid intervention marine division has landed in Bergen. The British Royal Commandos have landed in Reykjavik, and the US Delta Force is currently holding the main highway in southern Iceland. In Turkey, the Turkish army has not pursued the Syrian army into Syria, and is holding the border. The Turkish army has screened Warsaw Pact units that have entered Turkey.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Why is Gottingen unoccupied? And what's the CIV marker over Tirana?

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Kavak posted:

Why is Gottingen unoccupied? And what's the CIV marker over Tirana?

All of our units are a little bit weakened by the counter attack, Gottingen was one of the cities we sacrificed in our initial defense plan. I felt that attempting to reenter Gottingen would be gaining ground just to lose it. Capital cities have CIV units to represent both civilian government, manufacturing, and local police forces.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

What forces can we expect Albania to field? Also, what does it take for a non-NATO/non-Warsaw Pact nation to surrender, do you have to take the capitol or the entire country?

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Feb 3, 2020

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Capital cities have CIV units to represent both civilian government, manufacturing, and local police forces.

Where is Bonn's?

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

overmind2000 posted:

What forces can we expect Albania to field? Also, what does it take for a non-NATO/non-Warsaw Pact nation to surrender, do you have to take the capitol or the entire country?

Most countries will have their army command disintegrate if their capital is captured, but there is a random chance they will fight on. Many smaller countries have higher chances of surrendering. Some countries (Turkey and Greece in particular) have special surrender events that are rare if their major cities (Thessaloniki, Istanbul) are captured, but these are like 5%.

Kavak posted:

Where is Bonn's?

For whatever reason, some cities have more CIV units, and put them in spots away from their capital. In West Germany, these include Hamburg, and the Ruhr Cities (except Bonn for some reason. This scenario was a beta copy that I fixed up, I must have missed giving Bonn a CIV unit)

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Nice planning SACEUR!

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Put me in as the civilian leader of Luxembourg!

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Insertnamehere31 posted:

Put me in as the civilian leader of Luxembourg!

Will do

Teaser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wY1Zpioh64g

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
So what you're telling me is...Canada has betrayed us!

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

The Russians landed in Newfoundland?!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

paragon1 posted:

So what you're telling me is...Canada has betrayed us!

We've been plotting with the Russians the whole time! No more little brother jokes. No more America's hat. No beavers and hockey and Maple syrup

THEY WILL RESPECT US NOW

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
CYKA B'YE

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Slaan posted:

We've been plotting with the Russians the whole time! No more little brother jokes. No more America's hat. No beavers and hockey and Maple syrup

THEY WILL RESPECT US NOW

They grow up so fast. *retargets ICBMs with proud tears in eyes*

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

"Let's dance in style, let's dance for a while
Heaven can wait we're only watching the skies
Hoping for the best, but expecting the worst
Are you gonna drop the bomb or not?"

NUCFLASH

MUSHROOM CLOUD SEEN RISING 4KM FROM VICTORIA, BC. CANADIAN SURFACE GROUP INTERCEPT OF POSSIBLE INTELLIGENCE GATHERING SUBMARINE HAS RESULTED IN TOTAL DESTRUCTION OF CANADIAN SURFACE GROUP. SUBMARINE LOST. CIVIL DEFENSE SIRENS HAVE SOUNDED ALL OVER PUGET SOUND. POPULATION FRANTICALLY EVACUATING VANCOUVER, SEATTLE, AND VICTORIA.

The situation in the North will rapidly favor us with the addition of Swedish troops, however Soviet special forces have landed in Småland, securing the important port of Kalmar, and the city of Växjö. They are currently threatening Karlskrona, an extremely important Swedish naval base. Swedish forces deployed near Malmö are able to respond immediately. The Soviet and Swedish navy have opened fire on each other with no clear victor 150 kilometers from Stockholm. Sweden has mobilized and is on maximum alert, and is rapidly integrating with the NATO force structure. The Air Force Viggens appear to have sunk naval assets meant for the occupation of København. In Finland, the Soviet ground assault in Nyland has begun. Soviet forces have crushed Finnish opposition and have opened a corridor that points straight at Helsinki. The Finnish government desperately pleads for aid. In Lapland, the Finnish high command has lost contact with Finnish units that were charged with defending Rovaniemi. In Norway, our forces were unable to reach Tromsø in time, and the city was captured. An assault on Bardufoss was repulsed. A Soviet submarine group was sunk near Reykjavik.

The Soviet Union has begun to use chemical weapons. What we believe started during the Albanian defense of Vlore has somehow spread up the front which resulted in Soviet commanders freely using chemical weapons. The use of weapons on the defensive lines in Hamburg was extremely gruesome. Military casualties are estimated to be in the thousands, with civilian casualties in the tens of thousands. The line defending the North broke at Hamburg. POMCUS and German reservist troops are still one day out. This gap needs to be plugged IMMEDIATELY before the Soviet Union crashes down the coast into the Netherlands. Oberst Wörner of the 3rd Panzer Brigade outside of Hamburg is begging SACEUR for the use of tactical nuclear weapons and chemical weapons. Spetznaz troops operating behind NATO lines have damaged rail units, and were complicit in designating air attacks on Luxembourg. The regular army of Denmark has almost completely collapsed, with Soviet heliborne forces seizing Bornholm. København is now defended by citizens who have picked up arms, and the Danish Life Guards, who are currently frantically working to evacuate H.M. Queen Margrete II to Sweden. The Danish airforce has evacuated to the Netherlands and Sweden. More positively, Operation Dovetail has shoved the East German military back. Although Kassel was lost to a massive Soviet attack, the Soviet casualties were extreme and their hold of the city is tentative at best. WARPAC supply lines in the south are seriously disrupted, and we have been able to make probing attacks into the GDR proper. Erich Honecker has threatened to use "awesome power" to throw the American and FRG troops out of the GDR, but he does not have that authority. Regensburg has fallen to Czechoslovak and Soviet troops, but their progress has been slow. More urgently, the Soviet invasion of Austria has begun. Blasting through the Austrian armies relatively weak border troops, the Soviets have surrounded Wien, and heavy armored units are streaking down Austrian highways towards Trieste. Hungarian special forces also conducted a daring landing that has them right on the border of Italy. Extremely alarmingly, light spetnaz units, almost certainly moved in by submarine, have assaulted the port facilities at Belfast in Northern Ireland. The Irish government strongly protested the attack on Belfast, and has begun hunting for Soviet infiltrators in the Republic of Ireland.

With the aforementioned invasion of Albania beginning, our troops are in position. I carried this out immediately complying with the goals of Operation Crocodile. The 7th Special Forces Group and SEAL Team Six have secured Vlore. Albanian forces made light probing attacks into Greece, but the Greek forces here should completely overwhelm the Albanian troops when the go order is given. The 22nd Marine Expeditionary Unit and San Marco Marine Regiment of Italy are assaulting the port of Duress, with Spanish, American, and Italian navies providing shore bombardments. An Italian mechanized unit will land when the beach is secure, and the French Foreign Legion remains in reserve. In Northern Italy, all obstacles towards joining the battle in Central Europe have been removed. Heavy strength infantry and armor is available and facing down the Soviet gauntlet in Austria. French mountain and mechanized cavalry units have also arrived to assist. Yugoslavia has a weakly pro-US stance and is not a threat. In Turkey and Greece, heavy assaults by the Bulgarian army have shoved the Greek army back into Thessaloniki, but we believe they have expended a significant amount of men and materiel in this operation, and probably won't be able to muster an assault on the city. Libyan commandos have been inserted near Suda Bay in Crete. In Turkey, the defensive line erected previously by SACEUR has been heavily assaulted, but once again we expect the WARPAC armies to be grievously low on supply and men here. A spetznaz group has come ashore behind our main forces in Uskadar. We imagine that the units that are stationed in Uskadar can handle them, but the damage to the Turkish rail network will disrupt any plans to shift forces across Turkey for the time being. Soviet, Bulgarian, and Romanian marines overwhelmed the small garrison at Zongudalk. This poses a problem less because of the forces their currently, but if heavier units get moved through the Black Sea (which for the most part now is completely controlled by Soviet Naval Forces), almost certainly we will have a problem. There are light Turkish forces in the area to assist.

Muammar Gadaffi has pledged his support to the Soviet Union. Some Libyan commandos have attacked the city at Iraklion. Only local police units are available, but we recommend diverting the French Foreign Legion if the invasion of Albania goes smoothly. The Libyan army remains in garrison at the various cities along the Mediterranean coast.

The Iranian navy has sunk the Omani navy. A state of war exists between Oman and Iran. The armies of Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, and the UAE frantically attempt to mobilize as their neighbor Iraq has mobilized. Saudi Arabia is preparing to mobilize due to the threat. On the Syrian-Turkish front, some light Lebanese forces have joined the fray, but the combined Arab armies have not attempted to attack Turkey further. Jordan is watching the events unfold around them and preparing to mobilize in favor of pro-NATO interests.

TACTICAL NUCLEAR EXPLOSION OFF THE COAST OF VICTORIA, BRITISH COLUMBIA. Soviet and Albanian forces using chemical weapons and inflicting horrible losses on our forces. Soviet nuclear launchers in Europe are active.

Broadcasted from some Airborne Command Post

People, people. I have heard about the nuclear explosion off the coast of Canada! That's why I'm preparing some options right now! This is a high stress situation and I need everyone to keep their heads on about this one!

Mobilize Saudi Arabia

The Middle East seems to be about to descend into a conflagration with the sinking of the Omani navy and the mobilization of Iraq. Saudi Arabia is bracing for impact, and King Saud wants to make sure that the United States and NATO would be behind him before he begins to the costly process of mobilizing the Saudi Military. Political cost: Low

Mobilize Egypt

The situation in Libya, especially with the attack on NATO facilities in Crete, has left Egypt extremely restless. They want the chance to take out Libya before Soviet forces could possibly build up there. Obviously, once Egypt is mobilized, the conflict will almost assuredly spread to the rest of North Africa. Political cost: ???

All previous diplomatic options are available, minus mobilizing Sweden
----

The population’s opinion of your leadership is: Waning. The success of the Soviet military around the city of Kars, plus the marine landings in Anatolia have the Turkish people wondering what is about to happen next. The people are pining for a victory, and they believe that the destruction of Syria would be that.

The population’s opinion of your leadership is: Improving. Although the Soviets are invading Italy's neighbor, the people of the country are relieved that it seems Italy might not be the main battle ground, and that the Italian military can keep the Soviets out of Italy, and leave them to mess about in Austria. The risk of air attack on northern cities is worrisome, however.

The population’s opinion of your leadership is: Horrified. A nuclear device has gone off in Canadian waters. The Victoria incident, despite having occurred late at night, has driven up absenteeism in British Columbia. In Vancouver, less than 15% of the population reported for work in the morning. The Canadian people expect you to mitigate any Soviet naval threats, as the Canadian navy will leave Halifax tomorrow.

The population’s opinion of your leadership is: Supportive. Although the Troubles have been going on for years at this point, actual Soviet footsoldiers operating in British territory is a bridge too far. The British people expect you to destroy the saboteurs at once.

The population’s opinion of your leadership is: Neutral. The Soviets remain in Greek territory, and there have been some losses, but some nationalists see the war beginning with Albania as a good time for Greece to clean up parts of their border, while the political left are nervous that the invasion makes Greece no better than the Warsaw Pact.

The population’s opinion of your leadership is: Improving. The presence of British soldiers (the population wishes to know where the Americans are, but as a matter of security we can't let them know) has calmed people down somewhat. They expect the eastern half of the island to be recaptured within the week.

The population's opinion of your leadership is: Positive. Due to the cooperation with NATO, and the United States and Germany in particular, France has been a part of some extremely notable victories in World War III.

The population's opinion of your leadership is: Despondent. Despite your best efforts to keep the war conventional, the Soviet Union has hit many areas on the frontline with chemical weapons. Despite the Soviet high command attempting to avoid excessive civilian casualties, the attacks on Hamburg provide hundred page lists of the dead and dying. Do something. ANYTHING.

The population's opinion of your leadership is: Worried. The Soviet Union has attacked military installations in Luxembourg. They want the French or Belgians to move units into Luxembourg to protect them from possible Spetznaz and further air assault.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Sweet Jesus! Why did they nuke British Columbia? It's neither British, nor Columbian?

I think it's time. Mobilize Everyone.

Can we make sure the codes on those nukes are still the same as my luggage? 1234.

I'm not sure I'd use those nukes yet, but golly we better be ready to.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

On national broadcast

My fellow Americans, the evil empire of the Soviet Union has brought nuclear war to our northern neighbors, and ruthlessly destroyed innocent lives with chemical weapons. It is now clear that this is no argument over German sovereignty, but a war of annihilation. I will soon pass along orders to our top military minds to take all steps necessary to secure the future of free people. Please, join me in this prayer, which I understand to be in Aramaic, over the traditional orb of our founders.

*ahem* "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtan. Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn. Cthulhu R'lyeh fhtagn. Ia! Ia! Amen"

To SACEUR

We will not tolerate this steady escalation by the Soviets. This ends now.

All European based N/B/C weapons are to be released to local commanders. Full deployment of the strategic nuclear arsenal is hereby ordered.

Mobilize everyone

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Mobilize everyone up to and including Israel

While it isn't my decision to make I would like to request that every NATO country that has them immediately deploy nuclear and chemical weapons. I would also like to request that once the invasion of Albania has gotten underway the Italian and Spanish navies be moved to the Black Sea has soon as possible to prevent the Russians from expanding their foothold in Anatolia.

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Feb 7, 2020

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Alright, enough is enough, eh? Canada wanted to end this war quickly and with limited bloodshed. No reason for ideology differences to kill millions of people, right?

But TABERNAC those bastards nuked British Columbia, my favorite Columbia! Canada shall not be a voice for limited warfare any longer.

Canada calls for full mobilization and tactical nukes on WARPAC territory. Those commie bastards Must Pay

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

A nuclear attack far from the battlefield, followed by the application of chemical weapons. It is NATO's opinion that this is an act of provocation, rather than one with the full intent to be the salient nuclear assault of the Soviet Union. As such, we must keep our response measured. No clearance for the use of nuclear weapons, but full permission to make use of chemical warfare outside of civilian-occupied areas.

We feel strongly for the Canadians, but, we must not invite nuclear Armageddon. Their unprovoked assault will not win them any favours at home.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

OKAY WE PROTECT AND SURVIVE NOW BOYS

MOBILIZE EVERYTHING. TACTICAL RELEASE AUTHORIZED OUTSIDE BRITISH TERRITORY (UNLESS IT'S ON NATIONALIST NEIGHBORHOODS).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OHC77Vdjoc

EDIT: If there are any UK land forces left in Britain I want all of them descending on Belfast now

Kavak fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Feb 7, 2020

sparkmaster
Apr 1, 2010

Authorize SACEUR to used Chemical weapons, hold off on nuclear authorization

Per Force de Dissuasion doctrine, let it be known publically that ANY use of nuclear weapons in Europe will lead to the execution of the first stage French nuclear warplans. This is independent of any NATO decision making.

For fellow NATO members who may not be intimately familiar with French nuclear doctrine, our warplans call for a total, massive attack on the Soviet Union proper. Our nuclear weapons are for strategic use against Soviet civilian targets. The first stage involves an attack on a Soviet city as a warning shot. Failing that (in this case continued use of nuclear arms), France will execute a massive attack on as many Soviet and WARPAC civilian targets as we have weapons for. If we burn, the East burns with us. But first let us give the Soviet Union a chance to back down from Armageddon. This may be an isolated decision by an isolated captain, and not representative of a change in Soviet weapon deployment.

Now, lets crack open the Réserve stratégique des fromages!

sparkmaster fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Feb 7, 2020

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Jacques Santer, Prime Minister of Luxembourg

The people of Luxembourg are shocked and disgusted at the brutality displayed by Soviet leadership thus far in the war. This wanton disregard for civilian life has only reaffirmed that our primary concern should be to hold the line in Germany to limit the scope of frontline tragedies. We support the use of limited chemical warfare in non-civilian locations put forth by the NATO Secretary. As loathe as we are to sink to their level, we must keep the Soviets from breaking though. The best we can hope for is to blunt their attack while avoiding a cycle of escalation with these weapons.

In the meantime, we need to mobilize everyone. We also humbly request that one of our allies send some troops our way to help fight off saboteurs.

God help us all.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Turkey votes -against- the use of nuclear weapons but votes for chemical ones so long as civilian areas are avoided.

Turkey also wishes to as soon as possible move sufficient forces into the area to invade Syria.

Turkey shall use all of her influence among the Middle Eastern nations to Mobilize them for war and with as many of them as possible to coordinate attacks upon Syria and Libya and thier puppet states. Turkey further requests the utilization of NATO naval assets to help secure the Straits. Egypt is to be given the highest priority to mobilize.

The state of the Saudi Arabian military can best be summed up as Nelson Muntz going 'HA HA' and is not considered to be of great a contributing factor to the conflict but can possibly be used to help screen the Iranians and fortify smaller countries in the region.

Turkey shall coordinate the Pan Arabic Bloc of the Middle East into a concentrated fighting force under Turkish direction. Turkey shall also covertly share intelligence with the Israelis on known positions of Iranian, Libyan, and Syrian sponsored terrorist groups.

AmishSpecialForces
Jul 1, 2008
poo poo just got real. Chiming in to say that this looks awful to play but is an awesome let's play.

Clayren
Jun 4, 2008

grandma plz don't folow me on twiter its embarassing, if u want to know what animes im watching jsut read the family newsletter like normal

The Hellenic Republic (Greece)

The Hellas government calls for limited use of chemical weapons so long as civilian areas are avoided. It vehemently opposes any use of nuclear weapons at this time. Furthermore, it shall oppose any attempt to expand this conflict into the Levant, no assault on Syria will be supported. Likewise, the Hellenic Republic opposes mobilization of Egypt.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

OOC: As much as I don't like dropping character to try to persuade people it's pretty clear to me that Top Hats has set up this game as a series of escalating actions on the part of the Russians such that no matter what we pick they will always choose to escalate. We were given the option to use chemical weapons at the start after the Russians used them sporadically in Germany and we chose not to, which lead to them using a lot of chemical weapons. They're testing the waters with a nuke and if we choose not to use them in retaliation we show them that we won't do anything and that they can use them all they want. We were caught off-guard with the use of chemical weapons and the situation in Northern Germany is so bad that if they start deploying tactical nukes without a response we'll lose everything north of the Rhine before we get the chance to try again.

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Feb 7, 2020

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Also OOC: I will reveal that I’ve added various political events and off map events that have extremely low chances of firing, and the Canada one had a whopping 3%

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

The FRG has obvious reservations about using chemical weapons on German soil, but the Soviets have already let that cat out of the bag. Nevertheless, this government remains committed to its opposition to employing chemical warfare on German soil, while also strongly opposing the use of tactical nuclear weapons within FRG borders.

Beyond that we are issuing a rolling directive to evacuate civilians within 100 kilometers of the frontlines to safety in the Rhineland/Baden-Württemberg. West Germans are being asked to hunker down strong alongside their displaced countrymen during this time of national crisis. Additionally, we'll be issuing instructions to police in the Bundesländer and in municipalities for distributing surplus gas masks.

We'd also appreciate pushing the Soviet out of Kassel and attempt to utilize any momentum we still have left from Operation Dovetail.

Drone fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Feb 7, 2020

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Iceland votes to mobilize everyone, but we can not support chemical or nuclear weapons. We are fighting a world war, but it won't matter if there's no world left at the end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I should probably post this again before the voting phase is over but I would also like to ask that all available naval assets in the Mediterranean be rushed to the Black Sea. Gaining naval superiority and cutting off the flow of supplies and reinforcements to the Russians in Anatolia needs to be our top priority in that part of Southern Europe.