Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

Don Dongington posted:

Here's your regular reminder that Biden and probably Warren won't act fast enough or meaningfully enough on climate change or dealing with the more toxic elements of late stage capitalism to even have a chance at turning the ship around before it all collapses into Fury Road.

A common criticism of Bernie's plans is that a GOP-held senate will stop any strong climate proposals from getting passed. It's kind of true, but Sanders will counter that having him on the ticket will represent a political revolution and bring out enough excited voters who can also change the makeup of the senate :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Suicide Watch posted:

A common criticism of Bernie's plans is that a GOP-held senate will stop any strong climate proposals from getting passed. It's kind of true, but Sanders will counter that having him on the ticket will represent a political revolution and bring out enough excited voters who can also change the makeup of the senate :shrug:

Also as we have seen for the past 4/12/50 years the president can do a hell of a lot with executive orders.

Unchecked executive power isn't exactly what I'd call a good thing but it can be used for good by the right person.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

my kinda ape posted:

Also as we have seen for the past 4/12/50 years the president can do a hell of a lot with executive orders.

Unchecked executive power isn't exactly what I'd call a good thing but it can be used for good by the right person.

And all undone by the next guy.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Godholio posted:

And this is why the Democrats will probably lose. They only win if they show up united; if the party doesn't ratfuck Bernie out of the nomination and slide it to Biden, Bernie loses the general. Dems who turn to Trump aren't the problem, Dems who stay home will be.

Warren is likely better in the general, but it doesn't look good for her getting there in the first place.

There are some extremely vocal freaks on twitter who are still so mad about 2016 they'll stay home if Bernie's the nom but everyone who will stay home if Bernie is the nom is one of aforementioned vocal twitter freaks. The two camps are vastly disparate in numbers and it only looks close because the Hillary die-hards own the media.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Also, a Bernie vs Trump faceoff is polling within the margin of error in loving TEXAS

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign-polls/480643-poll-sanders-best-challenge-to-trump-in-texas

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
And that's why we make sure the next 'guy' is AOC or someone similarly likely to keep pressing forward I guess.

Don't get me wrong, if Obama being president was able to do what it did to about a third of American brains, then an AOC run is going to be... Interesting.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/RealWilfordB/status/1224131647450370049

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

shame on an IGA posted:

Also, a Bernie vs Trump faceoff is polling within the margin of error in loving TEXAS

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign-polls/480643-poll-sanders-best-challenge-to-trump-in-texas

Remember when there were whispers that Clinton could turn Texas blue?

LOL

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Suicide Watch posted:

A GoP-held senate will stop any proposal short of "Give money to rich guys" or "Shoot/cage brown people" so it's a moot point. At the least if Bernie gets in he can use already in place laws and departments to clean poo poo up or if somehow the senate flips or goes to VP casting votes some real effective poo poo gets implemented.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Mike Hoare died.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Platystemon posted:

Remember when there were whispers that Clinton could turn Texas blue?

LOL

Yes and they wasted money and political capital by running statewide ads narrated by Obama, instead of focusing on Pennsylvania

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

TBF Hillary did flip a lot of unexpected states

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

I can only imagine a lot of MAGA football fans are extremely triggered by all the Spanish during the halftime show

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

shame on an IGA posted:

Took me a sec but lol

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
This halftime show feels pretty safe. It’s basically the hits of 20 years ago except with the queer angles amped up by about four percent?

Which, given that superbowl shows so often are white rocker dude hits from 30-40 years ago, I guess counts as progress?

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

mlmp08 posted:

This halftime show feels pretty safe. It’s basically the hits of 20 years ago except with the queer angles amped up by about four percent?

Which, given that superbowl shows so often are white rocker dude hits from 30-40 years ago, I guess counts as progress?

https://twitter.com/PeteBlackburn/status/1224140701744672769

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

mlmp08 posted:

I mean, no...? the last old white rocker dude super Bowl halftime was the 2010 The Who performance. The shows since then have all been pretty definitely targeted at getting women to watch. Bruno Mars, Justin Timberlake, Katy Perry, Beyonce....

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Halftime show sucked IMO, though I was in a loud rear end house with a TV that had lovely sound.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Chichevache posted:

I mean, no...? the last old white rocker dude super Bowl halftime was the 2010 The Who performance. The shows since then have all been pretty definitely targeted at getting women to watch. Bruno Mars, Justin Timberlake, Katy Perry, Beyonce....

Do you think the red hot chili peppers are young?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Bored As gently caress posted:

Halftime show sucked IMO, though I was in a loud rear end house with a TV that had lovely sound.

It was decent to good but safe. (This is most halftime shows).

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

shame on an IGA posted:

:vince:

Bored As gently caress posted:

I've got a nice Yamaha receiver and a 5.0 (apartment so no sub) setup of Paradigm bookshelf speakers and it sounded pretty great.

Flying_Crab fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Feb 3, 2020

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

mlmp08 posted:

Do you think the red hot chili peppers are young?

They weren't the main performer by any stretch. They were brought in as backups to Bruno Mars a few weeks before the Super Bowl. Do you even know what you're talking about or are you just trying to make some weird point again?

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

old angry white men are freaking out about Spanish at the super bowl halftime show

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

well not all of them

https://mobile.twitter.com/JebBush/...ingawful.com%2F

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Spanish at the Super Bowl? Kneeling during the anthem? TBIs ruining the game?

Geez, maybe just put Football out of its misery.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Someone should tell him about being horny on main

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

don't read the replies

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Chichevache posted:

Do you even know what you're talking about or are you just trying to make some weird point again?

Next you’re gonna tell me Maroon 5 and Coldplay are hip.

I’ll give credit to having MIA and Nicki on, even if they had to play second fiddle to Madonna. Always supportive of an M.I.A. show.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

To paraphrase Bill Hicks, "I may be racist, but my dick is colorblind."

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1224145540377608192

well

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

mlmp08 posted:

Next you’re gonna tell me Maroon 5 and Coldplay are hip.

I’ll give credit to having MIA and Nicki on, even if they had to play second fiddle to Madonna. Always supportive of an M.I.A. show.

Chichevache posted:

I know you're trying to make some kind of point, but I dont think Maroon 5 is drawing in the football crowd, bro. However they are still popular with women. Also the lead singer was on an extremely popular tv show you might have heard of called "The Voice". Again, not much overlap with fans of that show and the old white football crowd.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

shame on an IGA posted:

:wow:

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life

Flying_Crab posted:

don't read the replies

I did...
I thought the last few posts about it were in jest. Thanks for being worse than I imagined, Twitter.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Shakira still got that butt though

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Chichevache posted:

I know you're trying to make some kind of point, but I dont think Maroon 5 is drawing in the football crowd, bro. However they are still popular with women. Also the lead singer was on an extremely popular tv show you might have heard of called "The Voice". Again, not much overlap with fans of that show and the old white football crowd.

LMAO you think football watchers don’t watch “The Voice” now?

Why do you think that? (Don’t argue that it runs opposite of Monday Night Football, and viewers don’t switch-hit, we both know you probably aren’t that dumb.)

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Odd seeing ads for Turkish airlines. What am I supposed to do with that information?

Also, feeling old, who’s the bud light guy with the face tattoos?

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

wow, President Jeb!

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

mlmp08 posted:

LMAO you think football watchers don’t watch “The Voice” now?

Why do you think that? (Don’t argue that it runs opposite of Monday Night Football, and viewers don’t switch-hit, we both know you probably aren’t that dumb.)

Let's focus on the fact that you think Maroon 5 doesn't have a popular draw among women.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

You guys sure are worked up about a halftime show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Odd seeing ads for Turkish airlines. What am I supposed to do with that information?

Also, feeling old, who’s the bud light guy with the face tattoos?

Turkish Airlines always has a splashy super bowl ad. Their media strategy is in line with a bourgeois luxury brand. It’s a little odd for an airline.

Post Malone is the tatted up guy.