Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Just got back from Popeye's and I'm 3 bites into the spicy chicken sandwich. Best $4.28 I've spent in a long while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

UltraRed posted:

Just got back from Popeye's and I'm 3 bites into the spicy chicken sandwich. Best $4.28 I've spent in a long while.

Mmm I'm jealous.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Pope yes

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

When I was in college there was a Popeye's right across the street and two or three times a week I'd cross over there and order two loaded chicken wraps and a soda pop for lunch.

I did not finish college.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
The wraps are like my favorite thing, but it fucks up the process chain so long that it's almost better just to go "gimme a 3 piece tenders with a side of salad and a couple tortillas" whic I'm p sure is a thing they can ring up and it's faster lol

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

My local one kind of sucks, and is really bad at keeping chicken hot; maybe half the time the tenders are barely warm.

Tonight they'd clearly fought back against this, resulting in overcooked, stringy chicken. Still an improvement.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
We had wraps on the menu as a "local favorite" long after they were off the national menu for ages but post-sandwich they took them off and when I asked they said they don't have the tortillas anymore.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Month-old bump.

Finally ate one of the chicken sandwiches. poo poo's good. Not "LOSE YER FUCKIN MIND" over, but I know why folks love it.

On the other hand... the fries sucked, the biscuit sucked, they forgot my sauce, and the buffalo tendies were aight. Shoulda just stuck with the sammich.

Real good app, though.

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?
I just had my first spicy chicken sandwich. I got two spicy chicken sandwiches, one for me and one for my husband.

I regret texting him that i got him one because gently caress I WANT TO EAT HIS.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Lee's Famous Chicken now has they own Spicy Chicken sandwich, it's not quite as good as the Popeye's but it was spicier.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
5 piece tender combo. Cajun fries. blackened ranch and Mardi gras mustard. get that poo poo inside me PRONTO

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
God I love Popeyes. Their biscuits are perfect. Moving one state over into Officially The South I went from not growing up with Bojangles to my entire peer group being obsessed with it. They'd call it "Bo's" like it was some cool casual place to drop in at and that got right under my loving skin. Always got vetoed so eventually I just tried to steer us away from chicken

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Just used the app to get a $6 3 tender combo. Was hella good.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Tiny Tubesteak Tom posted:

5 piece tender combo. Cajun fries. blackened ranch and Mardi gras mustard. get that poo poo inside me PRONTO

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

SilvergunSuperman posted:

My local one kind of sucks, and is really bad at keeping chicken hot; maybe half the time the tenders are barely warm.

Tonight they'd clearly fought back against this, resulting in overcooked, stringy chicken. Still an improvement.

yeah ive found popeyes to be really hit or miss like every single one is of a different quality. its really weird when the point of fast food is consistency. luckily for me the one near me is pretty good.

Daikloktos posted:

God I love Popeyes. Their biscuits are perfect. Moving one state over into Officially The South I went from not growing up with Bojangles to my entire peer group being obsessed with it. They'd call it "Bo's" like it was some cool casual place to drop in at and that got right under my loving skin. Always got vetoed so eventually I just tried to steer us away from chicken

your friends sound dumb i like both bojangles and popeyes i prefer bojangles biscuits but prefer popeyes chicken and sides. and bo's isnt even a good nickname for bojangles when bee jangs is right there. also for like the first 5 yrs i lived here i refused to eat there because the name seems vaguly this might be racist and i only ever saw old as gently caress white people in it.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I ordered Popeyes on GrubHub (5-piece tenders combo), and my god. The bag was literally dripping wet with soda when the delivery guy handed it to me. The biscuit was soaked through, the box that the tenders & fries came in was so soggy I couldn't hold it, and the only thing that saved the tenders (which were ice cold) is that most of them were curved in a way that didn't cause the Coke soup at the bottom of the box to touch them. I still had to microwave them though.

Lesson learned.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YxZNBM_gIQ

I am intrigued. I wonder how similar it is to the voodoo chicken.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

durrneez posted:

I just had my first spicy chicken sandwich. I got two spicy chicken sandwiches, one for me and one for my husband.

I regret texting him that i got him one because gently caress I WANT TO EAT HIS.

The trick is to get 3 so you can eat one on the drive home.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

YeahTubaMike posted:

I ordered Popeyes on GrubHub (5-piece tenders combo), and my god. The bag was literally dripping wet with soda when the delivery guy handed it to me. The biscuit was soaked through, the box that the tenders & fries came in was so soggy I couldn't hold it, and the only thing that saved the tenders (which were ice cold) is that most of them were curved in a way that didn't cause the Coke soup at the bottom of the box to touch them. I still had to microwave them though.

Lesson learned.

Yeah, grubhub/most third party food delivery programs suck.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I got Burger King through Grubhub and it was fine, probably because I didn't order a drink with it.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
You might have just been unlucky, I order drinks in my food delivery pretty often (usually to get to the minimum free delivery) and haven't had problems with it.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

While not for Popeyes, I feel like some items get lost when I order from doordash or grubhub. It just seems inevitable. Popcorn Chicken and Surf and Turf have appeared near my Popeyes and I'm wondering if it's just seasonal temporary items or whether these are more permanent items.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I've tried to order Popeye's delivery before but there's no way to add dipping sauce and gently caress THAT!

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Yeah my Popeyes doesn't deliver Red Beans and Rice so they're dead to me as far as delivery.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005
shaking my head at so many goons swapping stories about their tendies

Get the bone-in spicy, 4 piece so it works out to half an actual chicken. I used to do this when I worked near a Popeyes, I'd eat two pieces for lunch the day I ordered it and the other two cold the next day because Popeyes bone-in keeps disturbingly well in the fridge.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I wish so much that I could like bone-in chicken.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

YeahTubaMike posted:

I wish so much that I could like bone-in chicken.

I know the bone is crunchy, but you can just eat round it if you dislike it.

excellent bird guy
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

We had Chick-a-dilly instead of Popeyes. They season the chicken real heavy. I swear drat chickadilly burns down from grease fires every other year, they need to stop lighting their ovens with old greasy wash rags or whatever stupid poo poo they do in there.

----------------

cwinkle
Mar 7, 2008

excellent bird guy posted:

We had Chick-a-dilly instead of Popeyes. They season the chicken real heavy. I swear drat chickadilly burns down from grease fires every other year, they need to stop lighting their ovens with old greasy wash rags or whatever stupid poo poo they do in there.

The "Our Choice" option that saves the customer 6 cents is kind of disturbing. I imagine you would just get two legs or two wings? A leg and a wing? 6 cents and you put the fate of your dinner into someone else's hands? Maybe it is for the regulars and they give them a breast and thigh or something.

excellent bird guy
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

cwinkle posted:

The "Our Choice" option that saves the customer 6 cents is kind of disturbing. I imagine you would just get two legs or two wings? A leg and a wing? 6 cents and you put the fate of your dinner into someone else's hands? Maybe it is for the regulars and they give them a breast and thigh or something.

They just some cheap rear end mofos.
That 12 piece livers, I want some of that, right now! With some white gravy! :cheersbird: I love a mixed livers and gizzards

----------------

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

tried their ghost pepper wings
I'm not sure if they hosed up and just gave me their regular spicy wings or not but they were barely anything

disappointed as a big ghost pepper fan

----------------

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Has there ever been a truly spicy"ghost pepper" product from a national chain?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Absolutely not. For liability reasons alone there's no way in hell they could do that.

----------------

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Suing Wendy's because the fry sauce was too hot

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Your honor I submit as evidence my clients almost complete lack of melanin

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
can't believe I never tried the cajun rice before today

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Jenny Agutter posted:

Your honor I submit as evidence my clients almost complete lack of melanin

The all-white jury gasps...

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

I swear that sometimes you get luck with wing places.

not at Popeye's though.

----------------

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
because the cajun rice is really tasty, might get it for take home orders instead of fries next time (got both this time)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
Got Popeyes for the first time in 3 years. Tender meal with beans and rice side. The beans and rice are still bizarrely out of place as a fast food side; not because they don't belong but because they are so good. No french fry, curly fry, onion ring, etc. can compare. It almost tastes like home cooked beans and rice, smoky and savory and salty just right.

The tenders are inexplicably good, just as I remember. Strange whorls of breading/batter that curl far, far away from the tiny strip if chicken inside. They are fried HARD, but the breading is bone dry, not oily. Perfectly crunchy. I don't like Popeyes or KFC seasoning more than the other, but the texture of the breading puts it in a league above KFC tenders.

The biscuits are kind of lovely, different but no worse than KFC. But you get to dip them in the leftover beans, which is much better than dipping them in KFC gravy or mac and cheese.