Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Arby’s roast beef is fine you goons. It’s a cheap hot snack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Burt Sexual posted:

Arby’s roast beef is fine you goons. It’s a cheap hot snack.

piled high

sports
Sep 1, 2012
Arbys beef is people. Arbys beef is people. Arbys beef is people. Arbys beef is people. Arbys beef is people. Arbys beef is people. Arbys beef is people. Arbys beef is people. Arbys beef is people. Arbys beef is people. Arbys beef is people. Arbys beef is people. Arbys beef is people. Arbys beef is people. Arbys beef is people.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

sports posted:

Arbys beef is people. Arbys beef is people. Arbys beef is people. Arbys beef is people. Arbys beef is people. Arbys beef is people. Arbys beef is people. Arbys beef is people. Arbys beef is people. Arbys beef is people. Arbys beef is people. Arbys beef is people. Arbys beef is people. Arbys beef is people. Arbys beef is people.

MEATCRAFT

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Why is Horsey Sauce so much better than every other horseradish mayo?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

TVsVeryOwn posted:

Why is Horsey Sauce so much better than every other horseradish mayo?

MEATCRAFT

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

The Big Beef and Cheddar is deff good 'n messy

Heather Papps
Nov 1, 2007

hello friend

Flight Bisque posted:

I worked at Arby's for 11 years.
No I'm not sure how I survived it either.

AMA I guess?

whats it like touch the face of god?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Iron Crowned posted:

I never go to Arby's but when I do I get the beef and cheddar. Just a solid all-around sandwich.

https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys/status/1229531159182368768

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

wolfs posted:

friends I went to my local Arby’s that’s attached to a gas station. The meats were had. This is the first time I’ve ever eaten anything from Arby’s!

I got the beef ‘n cheese as a double and the jalapeño poppers

Why does the bread look like this? Why is there so much sauce just falling out of this sandwich once you pick it up? It’s just a cascade from the bottom bun. I’m glad I didn’t eat in my car as I usually do it would have been awfully messy; as it is my hands felt sticky after eating.

Taste wise...... hard miss. I don’t see the appeal. I feel like I just ate something warm and somewhat textured. If it had been cold cuts or something with warm cheese I may have been able to get some sense of what I was eating. I dunno. Also, somehow, I think the bun is too small? I essentially ran out of bread and was left with a mouthful of roasted beef on its own! I held the many little slice remnants in my hand before kind of just shoving it in my mouth. I’ve never really had this issue of bread running out before the sandwich contents so dramatically before. I’ll concede that getting a double was maybe a mistake but elsewhere in life double anything sandwiches haven’t led me astray.

The jalapeno things were fine, if not oddly unsatisfying. The cheese inside wasn’t very strong tasting. Maybe mozzarella sticks would have been a better call.

oh

and I got some Mello Yello. it’s no Baja Blast :smith:

I’m curious about other things on this menu. A fast food Reuben? What? That’s crazy. Visit 2 will probably be a Reuben and the mozzarella sticks.

The people who work here seem nice enough. There were 2 cars in the drive thru that I think got food before me but otherwise I was the only person eating in their little dining area.

Get the cheesy potato triangles and a Jamocha shake op.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Mods? This should be the thread title please.

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

what's our gang called? i want to make an arby's tag, but i can't come up with a good name
Arby's Anarchists?

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

TVsVeryOwn posted:

what's our gang called? i want to make an arby's tag, but i can't come up with a good name
Arby's Anarchists?

MEATCRAFT

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Iron Crowned posted:

eat it with a fork

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Well, I fell sway to the siren call of the fish sandwich today, they're actually solid. Maybe the best fast food fish sandwich, at least of the more common megachains. Weird that Arby's generally seems to do best at the things that aren't RB.

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Captain Hygiene posted:

Well, I fell sway to the siren call of the fish sandwich today, they're actually solid. Maybe the best fast food fish sandwich, at least of the more common megachains. Weird that Arby's generally seems to do best at the things that aren't RB.

Holy poo poo. Is that actually why it's called Arby's? Mind blown over here.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

TVsVeryOwn posted:

GalaxyBrainDOTgif

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXeQV1Nqbx4

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

TVsVeryOwn posted:

:aaaaa:

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

If Goon TV is still a thing, this needs to be on it

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

TVsVeryOwn posted:

Sadly (?) it isn't.

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

SLOSifl posted:

Sadly (?) it isn't.

Instead, they chose the name "Arby's," based on R. B., the initials of Raffel Brothers; although often mistaken for Roast Beef. The Raffel brothers opened the first new restaurant in Boardman, Ohio, just outside Youngstown, on July 23, 1964. - Google

This still smacks of bullshit to me. It actually bothers me, it's just too perfect to NOT be Roast Beef. Just imagine how clever it would seem if they meant it to be both! I dunno, the world's a crazy place sometimes!

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I got a sheet of coupons in the mail for Arby's, so I just got 6 classic roast beef sandwiches for 14 bucks and ate them all.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Freakazoid_ posted:

I got a sheet of coupons in the mail for Arby's, so I just got 6 classic roast beef sandwiches for 14 bucks and ate them all.

Should’ve filmed it a get a tag

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Got me some of that Arby's.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Pro-tip: Take them extra curly fries home and mix them into scrambled eggs.

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

TheKingslayer posted:

what are these "extra" curly fries of which you speak?

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

TheKingslayer posted:

:staredog:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I got some Arbys coupons in the mail

Will investigate further

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I got some Arbys in the mail

Will investigate further

This is how I read the post at first and I was mildly disturbed by it.

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

someone plz mail me arby's

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Went to Arby's and tried their brisket sandwich. I hadn't had Arby's in years so I didn't know what to expect.

Pros: The meat itself was pretty good, even though it wasn't much like any brisket I'd eaten before. It was more of a fatty/slightly smoky roast beef...thing? It was definitely real meat and not some chopped/formed nonsense, though!
Cons: Why the gently caress is there mayo AND BBQ sauce on this? The flavors clashed really badly.

Conclusion: Tell them to hold the mayo.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Arby's finally showed up on UberEats for me today.

Beef bacon and cheddar, large fries with cheese sauce coming to me right now. This is all I've ever wanted in life.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Folks, I'm sorry to report that the fish 'n' cheddar is a disappointment that I was unable to finish. It turns out they just slather it in the same cheddar sauce as the first beef, and the taste does not mesh at all.

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Basking in the cathode glow
Arbys Pro-tip: Their ham is legit, Honeybaked Ham style spiral sliced ham, and you can sub it into any sandwich. Go get yourself a Beef Ham and Cheddar. The toasted onion bun plus smokey ham makes it.

TVsVeryOwn posted:

Meet the Raffel Brothers:

MullardEL34 fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Mar 1, 2020

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Captain Hygiene posted:

Folks, I'm sorry to report that the fish 'n' cheddar is a disappointment that I was unable to finish. It turns out they just slather it in the same cheddar sauce as the first beef, and the taste does not mesh at all.

Since I don't really like tartar sauce I appreciate someone is doing something different but I'm not surprised, the Arby's cheddar sauce probably makes the fish roughly tasteless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Well the Fish and Cheddar still has the tartar sauce on it. It's really awful. Though I'm confused that someone expected it to be something other than the Cheddar cheese sauce they use on the Beef and Cheddar.