Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The pepperoncini are raw, or at least that's how they tasted last time I ate there. They're best served pickled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Pretty sure they're pickled.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Id have to know what the meat is before passing judgement. Maybe.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

It looks like otter. Or snake.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Subway, is in fact, NOT better than nothing.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
https://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/archive/2015/07/22/nnb-springdale-subway-settlement/#.XkxxdShKhhE

I am pretty sure I had to do a Case Study on this in big brains Graduate School.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

:stonk:

sports
Sep 1, 2012

You have a beautiful family, but we're trying to cut down on mail and haven't sent Christmas cards in 10 years.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

The meatballs in the meatball marinara sub seem like they get sketchier and sketchier, its like sausage was too expensive or something so now they're a step down from that

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
USDA grade f badger shank

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
huh, seems pretty standard actually. Now quality... I bet that's not standard.

"MEATBALLS Beef, water, bread crumbs (toasted wheat crumbs [enriched wheat flour {wheat flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid], sugar, salt, soybean oil, yeast), textured soy protein concentrate, seasoning (dehydrated onion and garlic, salt, spice, dehydrated parsley, soybean oil), soy protein concentrate, Romano cheese (made from pasteurized part-skim cow’s milk, cheese cultures, salt, enzymes)."

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Pennywise the Frown posted:

huh, seems pretty standard actually. Now quality... I bet that's not standard.

"MEATBALLS Beef, water, bread crumbs (toasted wheat crumbs [enriched wheat flour {wheat flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid], sugar, salt, soybean oil, yeast), textured soy protein concentrate, seasoning (dehydrated onion and garlic, salt, spice, dehydrated parsley, soybean oil), soy protein concentrate, Romano cheese (made from pasteurized part-skim cow’s milk, cheese cultures, salt, enzymes)."

May or may not also be the daily sweepings compressed into a ball shape.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
are you a tuna toaster or a toast without tuna-er?

im a tuna toaster, myself

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I don't trust their meatballs or tuna, yet I get the chicken. I guess they'd be fine. I never get my sub toasted. I know Subway started doing it because Quiznos toasted all of their subs.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Yeah I’m not getting tuna from subway lol

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

I got tuna once in college and the tuna and the bread had the exact same texture somehow, it was horrific

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Subway just can't get tuna right. It always tastes worse than the stuff right out of the can.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
there was a piece of gravel/asphalt once in my tuna but i still occasionally order it sometimes :shrug:

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Snazzy Frocks posted:

there was a piece of gravel/asphalt once in my tuna but i still occasionally order it sometimes :shrug:

I've had cartilage in my chicken patties, but never asphalt in my tuna :gonk:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Do you ask for gravel every time now?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I got Subway again. The Italian BMT. The ingredients were actually not insane but the bread was stale. I got that garlic oil on it. Probably a huge mistake because I'm saving half of it for later.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

https://twitter.com/Mike2020/status/1230891089617399809?s=20

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
That man owns more Subways than he's ever stepped foot inside of one.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

BMT is my go-to at Subway with wheat. I used to do the honey oat but :rip:

Spinach, banana peppers, tomatoes, red onion, oil & vin, salt and pep. Maybe some lite mayo if I'm feeling :btroll:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Snazzy Frocks posted:

UltraRed posted:

I've had cartilage in my chicken patties, but never asphalt in my tuna :gonk:

"asphalt in my tuna" sounds like some wacky '00s pop-punk single

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
WHOOOOOO PUTTT THE ASSSSPHALTTT IN THE TUUNAAA???????

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Derpies posted:

Subway, is in fact, NOT better than nothing.

It’s this.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
thread title updated to reflect discussion

A Grand Egg
Jan 12, 2020

by Pragmatica
Meatball sub is the worst sub.

The meatballs are worse than Ikea meatballs, the red sauce melts the bun and amalgamates with it to create a grotesque paste. The red sauce doesn't seem to be made of tomatoes at all.

Best sub is the Italian BMT with all salads & extra cheese, no sauce/dressing.

A Grand Egg fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Feb 27, 2020

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
My standard used to be the Spicy Italian but since I'm counting calories now it's the chicken breast. Sometimes I'll get a BMT. Those are good.

I get light mayo, lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles, olives, jalapenos, banana peppers. I used to get the chipotle southwest sauce but I think that one has the highest calorie content. I like it though.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I only get tuna there.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
My mom makes decent tuna salad. I've never gotten tuna salad from anything other than what she or I have made. I'm not the biggest fan I guess.

Mine's worse though because I don't use celery. I want to but that's the only use I'd have for celery so it'd be a waste. I need to learn how to meal plan.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Pennywise the Frown posted:

My mom makes decent tuna salad. I've never gotten tuna salad from anything other than what she or I have made. I'm not the biggest fan I guess.

Mine's worse though because I don't use celery. I want to but that's the only use I'd have for celery so it'd be a waste. I need to learn how to meal plan.

for crunch or flavor? could use celery salt :shrug:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Yeah it's for the crunch. I like a little of that in there otherwise it's just kinda soft and mushy. It helps if I use toast instead of regular bread of course.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
The only thing I ever get is that goddamn sweet onion chicken teriyaki. Toasted with provolone, spinach, onion, tomato, banana peppers and extra olives. Sweet onion sauce all over that bitch.

It's not even that great but it's weirdly addictive. Since I've moved to night shift I've ordered a lot more 9am sweet onion chicken teriyaki subs than I'm comfortable with. At least there are veggies on it??

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007
the reason jared fogle lost weight eating at subway is because he was sprinting his fat rear end to and from campus to creep on the girls working there every day

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Gulping Again posted:

the reason jared fogle lost weight eating at subway is because he was sprinting his fat rear end to and from campus to creep on the girls working there every day

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
my subway pick up order had moldy bread and I didn't notice til after I got back to the office this week :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

WEH posted:

Id have to know what the meat is before passing judgement. Maybe.

Pastrami. The hot pastrami is one of those optional sandwiches that some subways have and some don't, and this place actually stopped serving it since I took that picture.