Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

this guy keeps saying 'bogan', mods please ban this racist filth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

gently caress SNEEP posted:

this guy keeps saying 'bogan', mods please ban this racist filth

He self identifies as a bogan and also bogan would be deemed classist, not racist

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

yoloer420 posted:

They're made from wine that is filtered and flavoured. So they get taxed as wine rather than alcopops. $8 for 1L of 10+% of weird flavoured poo poo.
Edit: yeah I guess just really cheap gross UDLs

It's astounding to me that it took this long for us to get wine coolers.

Also, sup OP. My mum was in Northam for a while but escaped.
Where do you work, Goldfields?

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

~Coxy posted:

Wine coolers have been around in Australia for decades. West Coast coolers were one of the first to come on the market. Coolibah had one as well but I can't recall the name at the moment.

Deacon91
Apr 18, 2020

~Coxy posted:

Also, sup OP. My mum was in Northam for a while but escaped.
Where do you work, Goldfields?

Hey mate, I work up near Laverton at a mine called Granny Smith

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Spending your day's getting dusty up in Granny Smith

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Fukkkin YABBBBIESssss

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Do they ever hire people without an engineering degree or connections? All the job applications for things like truck drivers just say you need a license and tafe certificate, but I'm sceptical that it is that easy. Goddamn do I ever want to escape my current dead end career and impoverished Kwinana lifestyle.

Kharnifex posted:

loving western Australians put egg and feta in their kebabs, utter heresy.

I've never seen feta anywhere but most places have egg as an extra. In theory I would actually like egg on my kebab but for some reason the custom seems to be to barely cook it, just dumping in a load of runny egg liquid.

Deacon91
Apr 18, 2020

Moon Atari posted:

Do they ever hire people without an engineering degree or connections? All the job applications for things like truck drivers just say you need a license and tafe certificate, but I'm sceptical that it is that easy. Goddamn do I ever want to escape my current dead end career and impoverished Kwinana lifestyle.

I've never seen feta anywhere but most places have egg as an extra. In theory I would actually like egg on my kebab but for some reason the custom seems to be to barely cook it, just dumping in a load of runny egg liquid.

I've been with my company for 5 years so far and I have seen them do a lot of what they call trainee ships where they hire completely green people for a 6 month period and train them on the truck. I'm pretty sure they get paid a lot lower while during that period but if they show that they aren't a complete spud they usually get signed over after that. Even if they don't you have a truck ticket after that and a bit of experience, they can sign up with a recruitment agency and get a job no problem. I guess they do this for cheap labour and possibly rebates from the government couldn't say for sure though. An engineering degree would purely be for an engineer no one else needs or has that in my experience. A couple of years ago they signed us all up as students and we started doing a course called Cert 3 in Metalliferous Mining but even then I haven't heard of that being compulsory or anything.

Deacon91
Apr 18, 2020
I can give a bit of a rundown of the process of underground mining with some pictures from one of my old mines if anyone is interested. Not sure if that can go here or if there is a different topic for work related poo poo.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Remember to not say oval office as well. Its apparently a sexist slur or something in American?

yeah hosed if I know.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Motherfucker posted:

Remember to not say c* as well. Its apparently a sexist slur or something in American?

yeah hosed if I know.

Uh yeah

Deacon91
Apr 18, 2020

Motherfucker posted:

Remember to not say oval office as well. Its apparently a sexist slur or something in American?

yeah hosed if I know.

I actually had to go and re-read my posts as I didn't think i typed that anywhere haha. It's the type of word you might say with a bunch of mates but you never use it around women unless they use it first.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Deacon91 posted:

I actually had to go and re-read my posts as I didn't think i typed that anywhere haha. It's the type of word you might say with a bunch of mates but you never use it around women unless they use it first.

I’ve been told the exact opposite by every (male) Aus goon when I probe for it. It’s allowed in aus gbs

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Motherfucker posted:

yeah hosed if I know.

luckily if youre a true blue australian you can say oval office on the forums since everyone will know youre not being a oval office

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Deacon91
Apr 18, 2020

Burt Sexual posted:

I’ve been told the exact opposite by every (male) Aus goon when I probe for it. It’s allowed in aus gbs

What to say it to a female? Haha

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcE0aAhbVFc

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

luckily if youre a true blue australian you can say oval office on the forums since everyone will know youre not being a oval office

Dude I’m right here

Deacon91 posted:

What to say it to a female? Haha

Yeah :smith:

razamataza
Jan 2, 2006

I'm RPing an aussie druid in DND could you give me some ripper slang I could use please oval office?

Deacon91
Apr 18, 2020

Burt Sexual posted:

Dude I’m right here

Yeah :smith:

Hey each to their own but I'm not trying it.

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

put the witchetty grub on yer cock

yoloer420
May 19, 2006

Kharnifex posted:

loving western Australians put egg and feta in their kebabs, utter heresy.

You guys don't? It's loving awesome. You should try it.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
NVJ would put fetta in his mi goreng, disgusting

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

jesus christ i miss actual mi goreng instead of the ramen noodle type

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

Moon Atari posted:

You don't like runny eggs? I'll fight you.

Also kebabs are just a poor man's souvlaki.