Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
Does anyone think Priestess of Fury is line for a nerf? I have a few extra copies and although it's only a rare I'm still tempted to hang on to them. To me that card feels like bullshit.

Haha, I just pulled a Lurker Below from Dragon's Hoard vs Spell/Token Druid, dropped 9 copies into my deck with Togglwaggle Scheme, and drew 3 costing zero with Galakrond. Legitimately felt embarassed doing that to the poor guy.

kaesarsosei fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Apr 26, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

kaesarsosei posted:

Does anyone think Priestess of Fury is line for a nerf? I have a few extra copies and although it's only a rare I'm still tempted to hang on to them. To me that card feels like bullshit.

Haha, I just pulled a Lurker Below from Dragon's Hoard vs Spell/Token Druid, dropped 9 copies into my deck with Togglwaggle Scheme, and drew 3 costing zero with Galakrond. Legitimately felt embarassed doing that to the poor guy.

Priestess is way, way too good. 1 extra mana for the 6 damage each turn compared to the classic 6/7, and being a demon is in no way a disadvantage now that sacpac is nerfed. If anything Demon is just one of the better tribes flat out now. I'd consider a legendary with priestesses stats to be good!

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

Made standard legend with Face Hunter. 0 legendaries required (although 2 epic cards are).

Final run was nonstop Galk Rogue and Tempo DH. I think I played those matchup like 10 times at rank Diamond 1.

### Face Hunter
# Class: Hunter
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (1) Arcane Shot
# 2x (1) Dwarven Sharpshooter
# 2x (1) Leper Gnome
# 2x (1) Rapid Fire
# 2x (1) Toxic Reinforcements
# 2x (2) Explosive Trap
# 2x (2) Kobold Sandtrooper
# 2x (2) Pack Tactics
# 2x (2) Phase Stalker
# 2x (2) Scavenger's Ingenuity
# 2x (3) Animal Companion
# 2x (3) Augmented Porcupine
# 2x (3) Eaglehorn Bow
# 2x (3) Kill Command
# 2x (4) Mok'Nathal Lion
#
AAECAR8AD6gCtQPJBJIF7Qb+DOyWA/OnA/uvA/yvA4WwA864A6S5A/a6A/+6AwA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Mulligan vs Everyone: Toxic Reinforcements > Leper Gnome > Phase Stalker > Scavenger’s Ingenuity > Eaglehorn Bow.

Mulligan vs DH: keep explosive trap. It absolutely destroys them. Do not play it early (turn 4 is about right). It’s your only way to keep their board in check, but it also absolutely crushes them.

Gameplay: Go Face. Always use all your mana every turn (including pinging their face with rapid fire / arcane shot). All games will be over before turn 10.

DNK fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Apr 26, 2020

JadaX
Nov 25, 2008
I hate playing against priests and rogues.

Rogues because they pull so many cards out their butts.

Priests because those games last forever.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Toshimo posted:

My experience has been that unless you have very specific class/unit combos (Deryl/Pyramad/Reno, mostly), the best choice is almost always to take the best stats available to you at each given point until 5 and let your T5 units inform the rest of your build. Stay healthy, keep strong lategame stuff (Bronze Warden, Spawn of Nzoth, Deflect-o-Bot), keep GOOD doubles, but aggressively tavern (on 4/7/10, sooner if you have a bad tavern and can sell a bad unit). Keep strong synergies, but don't focus on "a build" until you see what T5 gives you. Stuff like Bran, Baron, and Lightfang are strong enough to bring up medium units, but if you don't hit them, you are better off having generically good stuff and high health so you can start shopping for T4/5s that will carry you like Goldrin/Razorgore/Hydra/Drakonid.

can you explicate on the specific daryl/pyramad/reno thing

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

With Pyramad you want to HP every turn, preferably on units that can last the entire game. Microbot, wrath weaver and the 1/2 murloc are your top early targets.

Deryl can stay at Tavern 2 or 3 for a while because you have exactly 4 minions so you can buy 3, sell them and get yourself a giant minion. Stuff with DS is good or units that get a benefit from high stats. Or important units like waxdread too so they don't get sniped.

Reno IDK because I usually lose with him, but I guess you want to get a solid minion ASAP and make it gold, so maybe you want to level the tavern aggressively.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

I feel like Reno was made for Soul Juggler, Herald of Flame, or Security Rover

JfishPirate
Jun 24, 2006
I have been grossly misinformed about witches.

fanny packrat posted:

Just unpacked Ysiel Windsinger back-to-back with Lady Liadrin. She could be good at some point, right? Is Wild Spell Druid with Dreampetal Florist going to be a thing?

If you're in the mood for an extremely wacky combo, Ysiel is great with none other than Arch-Thief Rafaam! You play Aviana, Kun, Ysiel, Brann, then play Rafaam for two 1-mana Timepiece of Horror (10 damage divided among enemy characters). You can then play a Brewmaster for 2 more Timepieces. Definitely not better than your standard Azalina/Togwaggle combo, but it has some serious style points. Here's the list, from PsychicSpade on Hearthpwn:

### supreme archaeology
# Class: Druid
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (0) Innervate
# 2x (1) Biology Project
# 2x (1) Lesser Jasper Spellstone
# 1x (2) Wrath
# 1x (3) Brann Bronzebeard
# 2x (3) Ferocious Howl
# 2x (3) Jade Blossom
# 2x (4) Ancient Brewmaster
# 2x (4) Branching Paths
# 1x (4) Juicy Psychmelon
# 2x (4) Poison Seeds
# 1x (4) Witchwood Piper
# 2x (6) Nourish
# 2x (6) Spreading Plague
# 1x (7) Malfurion the Pestilent
# 1x (8) Jepetto Joybuzz
# 1x (9) Arch-Thief Rafaam
# 1x (9) Ysiel Windsinger
# 1x (10) Aviana
# 1x (10) Kun the Forgotten King
#
AAEBAbSKAwrEBuwVhReUF+C7ApnTAqbwAoz7AtqdA+q6AwpfugH+AYoOy7wCoM0CmNICntICv/ICj/YCAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

DNK posted:

Made standard legend with Face Hunter. 0 legendaries required (although 2 epic cards are).

Final run was nonstop Galk Rogue and Tempo DH. I think I played those matchup like 10 times at rank Diamond 1.

### Face Hunter
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (1) Arcane Shot
# 2x (1) Leper Gnome
# 2x (1) Rapid Fire
# 2x (2) Explosive Trap
# 2x (2) Pack Tactics
# 2x (2) Phase Stalker
# 2x (3) Eaglehorn Bow
# 2x (3) Kill Command
# 2x (4) Mok'Nathal Lion
#
#

Mulligan vs Everyone: Toxic Reinforcements > Leper Gnome > Phase Stalker > Scavenger’s Ingenuity > Eaglehorn Bow.

Mulligan vs DH: keep explosive trap. It absolutely destroys them. Do not play it early (turn 4 is about right). It’s your only way to keep their board in check, but it also absolutely crushes them.

Gameplay: Go Face. Always use all your mana every turn (including pinging their face with rapid fire / arcane shot). All games will be over before turn 10.

What's your winrate against DHs with this deck? They're always super close games for me.

EDIT: Yeah I can see how this is amazing against Rogues but against anything else it just runs out of steam unless you get a perfect curve.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Apr 26, 2020

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Gotta appreciate the commitment to the strategy:

Zuiko-Digital
Aug 31, 2007
forever digital!
Just wanted to let you guys know I hit legend with Highlander Priest from Trump. Can finally play battlegrounds and stop with this this ladder grind!

### Trump Highlander
# Class: Priest
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 1x (1) Cleric of Scales
# 1x (1) Holy Smite
# 1x (1) Imprisoned Homunculus
# 1x (1) Reliquary of Souls
# 1x (1) Renew
# 1x (2) Dragonmaw Sentinel
# 1x (2) Penance
# 1x (2) Sethekk Veilweaver
# 1x (2) Shadow Word: Death
# 1x (2) Zephrys the Great
# 1x (3) Apotheosis
# 1x (3) Breath of the Infinite
# 1x (3) Madame Lazul
# 1x (3) Overconfident Orc
# 1x (3) Scalerider
# 1x (4) Bone Wraith
# 1x (4) Holy Nova
# 1x (4) Shadow Word: Ruin
# 1x (4) Twilight Drake
# 1x (5) Big Ol' Whelp
# 1x (5) Chronobreaker
# 1x (5) Psyche Split
# 1x (6) Aeon Reaver
# 1x (6) Kronx Dragonhoof
# 1x (7) Galakrond, the Unspeakable
# 1x (7) Skeletal Dragon
# 1x (7) Soul Mirror
# 1x (8) Murozond the Infinite
# 1x (9) Dragonqueen Alexstrasza
# 1x (9) Plague of Death
#
AAECAa0GHpcCyQaNCNMK65sD/KMD8qUDmakDn6kD3KwD8qwD57ADh7EDjrEDkbED47QDmLYDmbYDk7oDlroDm7oDr7oDsLoDuLoDyL4Dzr4D5r4DyMAD2MIDptUDAAA=
#

Against aggro, mulligan for board clear.

Against control, mulligan for Galakrond, and drop him ASAP since you have no card draw.

Zuiko-Digital
Aug 31, 2007
forever digital!

Olpainless posted:

Priestess is way, way too good. 1 extra mana for the 6 damage each turn compared to the classic 6/7, and being a demon is in no way a disadvantage now that sacpac is nerfed. If anything Demon is just one of the better tribes flat out now. I'd consider a legendary with priestesses stats to be good!

It should be start of turn, then it would be balanced.

VgameT
Dec 31, 2007

therefore I only muttered "neu"

Y’all ever just buy a shifter zerus

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

VgameT posted:

Y’all ever just buy a shifter zerus

yeah i got the dragon who grows depending on how many other dragons you have, on something stupid like turn 4, easiest game of my life

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

AnacondaHL posted:

Finally crafted some Magic Carpets to play Swidz's take on Gallon's DiscoZoo, which is a way more budget-friendly version (no need for Teron + Ebonlocke).

And holy poo poo does this deck smash face, it has some really thought-provoking and deep lines of play, all with that classic Zoo feel. Probably because it's like 2 decks mashed together: one where you try to setup unfair tempo with Imprisoned Scrap Imp, and one where you try to generate ridiculous value with Hand of Guldan. Each plan technically works separately and are capable of winning alone, but when the plans align you become a goddamn monster.

### DiscoZoo
# Class: Warlock
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (1) Argent Squire
# 2x (1) Beaming Sidekick
# 2x (1) Blazing Battlemage
# 2x (1) Fiendish Servant
# 2x (1) Flame Imp
# 1x (1) Guardian Augmerchant
# 2x (1) Soulfire
# 2x (1) Voidwalker
# 2x (2) EVIL Genius
# 2x (2) Expired Merchant
# 2x (2) Imprisoned Scrap Imp
# 2x (2) Serpent Egg
# 2x (3) Magic Carpet
# 2x (4) Nightshade Matron
# 2x (6) Hand of Gul'dan
#
AAECAf0GAvyjA96+Aw4w9QXOB8IIiJ0DtZ8D/aQDvaYD/acD+a4DsLYDtbkDtrkDx7kDAA==
#

Rode this from D5 floor to legend today, thanks! I had a draw on my first final boss because soulfire hit the 1/9 odds for discarding Hand of Guldan and fatigued me to death :argh:

Edit: there's like 10k people in legend, is that normal or a result of the ladder changes?

Sloppy fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Apr 27, 2020

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Sloppy posted:

Rode this from D5 floor to legend today, thanks! I had a draw on my first final boss because soulfire hit the 1/9 odds for discarding Hand of Guldan and fatigued me to death :argh:

Edit: there's like 10k people in legend, is that normal or a result of the ladder changes?

ladder changes, mostly. it now takes 15 wins without winstreak bonuses instead of 25, so it's measurably easier

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

Sloppy posted:

I saw someone at 25k on my friends list earlier today

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Sloppy posted:

Choose any of the below:
  • Ladder Changes
  • Demon Hunters
  • The Roni

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

There was a pic of a 100,000 legend on China server

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Santheb posted:

I feel like Reno was made for Soul Juggler, Herald of Flame, or Security Rover

I don't think I've ever seen a Reno do Herald of Flame, I think I've seen exclusively:

- Super early Wrath Weaver
- Midgame Juggler/Rover
- Late Brann/Baron/Kalecgos where by the time you see them, you're probably dead

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

If you swing at a 4 mana minion, trigger bamboozle and it transforms into a dormant Imprisoned Antean, you take 10 face damage.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

mcbexx posted:

If you swing at a 4 mana minion, trigger bamboozle and it transforms into a dormant Imprisoned Antean, you take 10 face damage.

lmao

TURGID TOMFOOLERY
Nov 1, 2019

Why is it considered easier to get legend in wild than standard?

TURGID TOMFOOLERY
Nov 1, 2019

DNK posted:

### Face Hunter
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (1) Arcane Shot
# 2x (1) Leper Gnome
# 2x (1) Rapid Fire
# 2x (2) Explosive Trap
# 2x (2) Pack Tactics
# 2x (2) Phase Stalker
# 2x (3) Eaglehorn Bow
# 2x (3) Kill Command
# 2x (4) Mok'Nathal Lion
#
#

Doing the lords work :)

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

TURGID TOMFOOLERY posted:

Generally people tryhard more in Standard, and build crazy homebrew poo poo that doesn't work in Wild.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

A nontrivial percentage of people in wild ranked, even high ranked, play decks they find fun not just the best deck over and over. So if you want to play the strictly best deck you can often climb faster because other people are playing suboptimal decks because it's more fun.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Wild is going to always have certain cards that are perpetually powerful for as long as they remain untouched. And once you have a solid core for one archetype, you’re practically set for life... or however long until it gets nerfed or power creeped into obsolescence.

Once you’ve got that core figured out, you’ve got room to either refine it further to be even better at whatever it’s good at, or you can branch out into all kinds of weird tech choices, alternate win conditions, etc. that Standard doesn’t have access to.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

Regalingualius posted:

Wild is going to always have certain cards that are perpetually powerful for as long as they remain untouched. And once you have a solid core for one archetype, you’re practically set for life... or however long until it gets nerfed or power creeped into obsolescence.

Once you’ve got that core figured out, you’ve got room to either refine it further to be even better at whatever it’s good at, or you can branch out into all kinds of weird tech choices, alternate win conditions, etc. that Standard doesn’t have access to.

Probably the best example here is secret Mage. Wild gives you some of the best secrets available and a lot of secret supported face damage.

Oh, and the best draw in the game. Sup Aluneth!

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Sloppy posted:

I played a really similar list and couldn't go anywhere with it. What's your mulligan strategy? I was going hard for the imp; is it better to shoot for the discard/draw combo?

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

fanny packrat posted:

I played a really similar list and couldn't go anywhere with it. What's your mulligan strategy? I was going hard for the imp; is it better to shoot for the discard/draw combo?

Definitely keep/mull for Hand of Guldan as well. I know it feels weird to keep a 6-mana card, but just pretend it's a 0-mana card. If you already have one you can keep Expired Merchant.

Depending on matchup you can keep one good 1-drop, otherwise mull everything.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

fanny packrat posted:

I'd keep 1 Imp or Battle Mage, then chuck everything else looking for Hand. If I was on coin and had Imp I'd keep a Sidekick too.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

DNK posted:

### Face Hunter
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (1) Arcane Shot
# 2x (1) Leper Gnome
# 2x (1) Rapid Fire
# 2x (2) Explosive Trap
# 2x (2) Pack Tactics
# 2x (2) Phase Stalker
# 2x (3) Eaglehorn Bow
# 2x (3) Kill Command
# 2x (4) Mok'Nathal Lion
#
#

The best thing about this deck is that it's fast, love that. I was running Rez Priest but if I hit another control deck the games were taking nearly half an hour, and even with wins it'd take forever to get anywhere. When this deck sets up, it's over in less than 10 minutes, love it! Thanks for posting.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Is there something better than hearthArena? It is working very poorly recently (more so than before)

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

fanny packrat posted:

Actually I quoted the wrong guy to thank, this was the deck I used:

### Zoo Warlock
# Class: Warlock
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (1) Argent Squire
# 2x (1) Beaming Sidekick
# 2x (1) Blazing Battlemage
# 2x (1) Fiendish Servant
# 2x (1) Flame Imp
# 1x (1) Guardian Augmerchant
# 2x (1) Soulfire
# 2x (1) Stonetusk Boar
# 2x (1) Voidwalker
# 2x (2) Expired Merchant
# 2x (2) Imprisoned Scrap Imp
# 2x (3) Magic Carpet
# 2x (4) Frenzied Felwing
# 2x (4) Nightshade Matron
# 2x (6) Hand of Gul'dan
#
AAECAf0GAvyjA96+Aw4wiAX1Bc4Hwgi1nwP9pAP9pwP5rgOwtgO6tgO1uQO2uQPHuQMA
#

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

DNK posted:

Does this include rapid fire on turn 1 if I don't have anything else? Is playing the 1 cost guy that lets your hero power target minions better than nothing? (I guess the question is, am I saving it for something or just getting it on the board if I have it)

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
my kingdom for a shadow council deck

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.
I'm at a conundrum. I've always enjoyed this game, and was contented to reach "Dad Legend". Now that the gates are opened up for easier LEgend, I tried to make it but got stuck at Diamond 1, 2 stars three times and have currently slipped back to Diamond 5. At this point I'm not having much fun and only want to get Legend since they may make it harder again next month. I'm feeling pretty bummed, guess I always did suck at the game beyond an amateur armchair level.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
I'm at the same point and same "dad legend" skill. IDK I'm trying focus on learning from my bad turns and sometimes forcing myself to try small variations in cards. The goal is to remember it's an overgrown pooping game and still have fun.

Also, statistically, if you can't play a ton of games, a lot is just variance. You'll go up and down until you get the right sequence of ups and Bam you're there.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
Pretty much the same sentiment here re: ranking up. I decided I was going for Diamond 10, got it, and now I'll just gently caress around and learn to play new decks. If I can take that discard zoolock deck to D5, great. If I can't, who cares. I'm not great at this game and I don't have the time to spend getting good.

This game (https://hsreplay.net/replay/V6svRduidTLHWaRWHAmckS) got me my first-ever instant friend request. I didn't see it until after I'd played another game, and by then he had logged off. I wonder what he wanted to tell me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Please forgive the newb question, but I just came back after a long break. There's no way to craft the Galakrond's Awakening cards right? I have to pay the money for the adventure? Also I thought they stopped doing these adventures, are they going to be a regular thing again along with 3 full expansions a year?

e: to clarify I meant the adventure and not hero cards