Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sunswipe posted:

Seanbaby uses this a lot in his writing, and it was years before I realised it was something some people actually believe rather than something he'd made up to comedically illustrate stupidity.

I mean this is the rationale that like first grade boys who don't have sisters may have for why mom sits to pee or something

Beyond that, yikes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

The Bloop posted:

I mean this is the rationale that like first grade boys who don't have sisters may have for why mom sits to pee or something

Beyond that, yikes

I didn't realize for many years that the vast majority of people don't have parents who are basically nudists like I did and that so many have no idea what other human beings, especially those of other sexes, look like naked. Yeah I saw my dad's junk a lot growing up, but I also don't have bizarre misconceptions about women's anatomy either, so I'd call it a wash.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

This kind of poo poo just baffles me. As a child, I had like three different body science books in various detail, and when I was six my mother gave me a college biology textbook. Obviously, not everybody had that, but most people didn't even have, like, one science book? Not a single book with awkward diagrams of genitalia in between the descriptions of cells and lightning?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

John Lee posted:

This kind of poo poo just baffles me. As a child, I had like three different body science books in various detail, and when I was six my mother gave me a college biology textbook. Obviously, not everybody had that, but most people didn't even have, like, one science book? Not a single book with awkward diagrams of genitalia in between the descriptions of cells and lightning?

My folks bought a neat how the body works book and carefully taped together the pages detailing with reproduction so we'd be sure to never see them, and "the talk" was relegated to a pointless "so, uh, any questions about...relationships?" when we were touring colleges :eng99:

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

A person I follow on Twitter posted:

I just read this terrible line in a novel: "With each breath she took, her breasts swelled out through the cloth, nodding wisely at me." Can breasts do that? I've yet to see a breast nod, wisely or otherwise.
Sadly he did not say what the book was.
Ooh, followup post:

quote:

From the same breast-fixated author:

"I took her breasts in my hands and molded them as I would two lovely moulds of clay. Soon they molded themselves and we merged hungrily."

The breasts molded themselves? Were they nodding wisely, too?

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
My dad gave me a book instead of the talk (or sentence, word , or any utterance to provide advice on sex) that told me it’s totally cool for guys to circle jerk and its something a lot of boys do!

This made me both anxious about which of my friends were circle jerking and depressed that no one had invited me

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
When I was a kid, I asked my mom questions, but got like, nil answers. Not out of malice or anything, just that I sincerely thing she had no idea. Plus some stuff I couldn't ask my mom. After that I went to the library and just checked out Grey's Anatomy and looked up everything I could think of about the human body.

The good news is holy poo poo you learn a lot. The bad news is, the drawings are in no way able to prepare you for reality.

Still, it enabled me to be the quiet smug rear end in a top hat when some people rattled off weird poo poo about women's anatomy that made no sense. Not that I was in any way more informed in real life than those people, but at least I could point to a book as a source if they asked how I knew something, and not "My uncle told me" or whatever they had.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Where Did I Come From? and What Is Happening To Me?

These are the two books that taught me pretty much all of my early sex-ed.

They are good too. They have good clear explanations and descriptions, as well as diagrams of the icky lady parts.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

BrigadierSensible posted:

Where Did I Come From? and What Is Happening To Me?

These are the two books that taught me pretty much all of my early sex-ed.

They are good too. They have good clear explanations and descriptions, as well as diagrams of the icky lady parts.

those covers look extremely british

Comrade Koba has a new favorite as of 13:00 on Oct 14, 2020

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

John Lee posted:

It's gonna vary an awful, awful lot depending on when and where you grew up and your socioeconomic status.

Also I'm shocked there hasn't been any "where might you find this mysterious, unknowable cli-tor-is?" content ITT yet.

John Murdoch has a new favorite as of 16:37 on Oct 14, 2020

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

It was a coin flip between here and cursed. Y'all won(?).

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
drat, that’s another tally under my Cyberpunk is already happening chart

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

John Lee posted:

You know how there was this big Thing about intelligent design being crammed into US kids' textbooks because Texas is full of Evangelicals who have been directly angling to force the entire country to follow their religion?

Yeah, that applies to other stuff, too. Like the existence of anything having to do with sex.

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

N. Senada posted:

My dad gave me a book instead of the talk (or sentence, word , or any utterance to provide advice on sex)
I got this too. Came home from school one day to find a library book on my bed that was no doubt called Why Is There Hair on My Balls?? or something.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Rhymes With Clue posted:

Sadly he did not say what the book was.
Ooh, followup post:

Fellas, if your femme lover''s breasts

* nod at you independently
* can be molded like putty
* begin molding themselves after a while

you're not sleeping with your lover, you're sleeping with Clayface.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Love too engage my creative side with my new FemmeBod Mammary Mold Playset, new from Mattel

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I never had The Talk. At all.

I'm over 40 and have been married but since I've got no kids my mom may well believe I still haven't figured out sex

It was extremely irresponsible and I'm lucky I'm not actually a stupid idiot or I'd have a grandkid by now and all the STDs

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

I did a dramatic reading of the nodding breasts to my partner which triggered a lengthy discussion about what image should spring to mind. We settled on the classic "m'lady" with a tip of the tit fedora

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

I will now forever refer to the areola as the tit fedora

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

coronatae posted:

I did a dramatic reading of the nodding breasts to my partner which triggered a lengthy discussion about what image should spring to mind. We settled on the classic "m'lady" with a tip of the tit fedora

For some reason I'm reminded of the Song of Solomon with the comparison of breasts to gazelles.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

ultrafilter posted:

It was a coin flip between here and cursed. Y'all won(?).

Looks kinda like a female Ed from Ed, Edd, and Eddy.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Samovar posted:

For some reason I'm reminded of the Song of Solomon with the comparison of breasts to gazelles.

Beautiful and wild, but never to be seen or touched by me?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I've only ever seen them in old copies of national geographic?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Wrong, yes, but so is rickets mcskellypants in the background, so perhaps it is a stylistic choice?

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
Yeah, that's CLAMP, it's just how they draw people. It's weird, and fitting for this thread, but they're at least doing it on purpose.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

SneezeOfTheDecade posted:

Yeah, that's CLAMP, it's just how they draw people. It's weird, and fitting for this thread, but they're at least doing it on purpose.

It’s actually not CLAMP, it’s Eiichiro Oda, the creator of One Piece.

What makes his work bad and not as much CLAMP’s is that he only does that for woman. That’s not even the worse example.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
CLAMP put the on-switch for their little girl robot inside her vagina, so i feel like CLAMP still fits in with this thread.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
If we're doing comics and bad legs, Liefeld will always have the crown.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

https://twitter.com/Ad_Inifinitum/status/1296108770649677827

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

The implication while amazing is overshadowed by the phrasing. My daughter's vagina (yes I'll talk about it in public because I'm a christian drat you) represents this grinder. This meat sandwich, my child's genitals represent it. You can all line up to thank me for my good parenting. Especially you, Johnny Christian, who will get to enjoy this unspoiled sandwich which is represented by my kid's va-jay-jay.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Also the one on the left is objectively the better sandwich.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

hopeandjoy posted:

It’s actually not CLAMP, it’s Eiichiro Oda, the creator of One Piece.

What makes his work bad and not as much CLAMP’s is that he only does that for woman. That’s not even the worse example.

Oh, huh! I take back my grudging acceptance, then.

I'm reminded of a writer I knew when I was younger who invariably described women's legs as "coltish". I never figured out what that meant. Do they have long feet and stand on their toes?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Prone to bankruptcy.

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

I'm reminded of a writer I knew when I was younger who invariably described women's legs as "coltish". I never figured out what that meant. Do they have long feet and stand on their toes?

I wanna make a list of phrases writers use to describe women that fall firmly in the category "creep poo poo" - slip of a girl and coltish are the two that spring to mind

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
:females:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Do they have long feet and stand on their toes?

If we pressure them to wear high heels they do!

GoodyTwoShoes
Oct 26, 2013

Long and skinny, I think. Baby horses are mostly leg.

Source: Mom complaining about how hard it was to get the drat baby horse's feet off the ground so she could haul it to the barn cuz it was born in a blizzard. Horse-mommy just followed worriedly behind.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Brb, carefully crafting a vagina out if sandwich meat to own the libs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Melaneus
Aug 24, 2007

Here to make your dreams and nightmares come true.

"Taylor Swift's vagina represents the left" - like, even the anarcho communists?