Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Shrapnig posted:

Also lol at you dorks thinking any of those wages in that tweet are actually accurate since Premier League clubs don't release wages like American sports.

Sourced from a website that can't get a player's first name right and talks about "cap hits" for leagues that don't have salary caps.

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/jose-moutinho-27741/

They probably do it based on the rumours. Everytime a transfer or extension happens you always see a "x player signs for y club and will earn a reported £z-thousand per week"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Oh hey it must be transfer season

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Neil Custis in the Sun posted:

There has been a breakthrough in negotiations as the Red Devils have forced the Germans into accepting staggered payments, with £70m up front

lol

this from march about bournemouth's finances shows they could be really hosed soon

https://theathletic.co.uk/1687477/2020/03/20/bournemouth-demin-finances-relegation-losses-profit/

Jose fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Aug 4, 2020

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

trem_two posted:

Please look more closely, they went to Roma and Inter, not Napoli

:discourse:

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Jose posted:

lol

this from march about bournemouth's finances shows they could be really hosed soon

https://theathletic.co.uk/1687477/2020/03/20/bournemouth-demin-finances-relegation-losses-profit/
not all of us subscribe, copy it plz

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
It's October 5th and the window is now closed. Our only business was selling ASM to Everton for £12m and buying no one. I hear a knock at the door. I open it and Mike Ashley is already halfway through executing an impossibly deft spinning heel kick. The sole of his new balance trainer flying towards me is the last thing I see.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I can't wait for the 'advanced talks' to break down, followed by 'disagreeing over personal terms', my favourite stage of the transfer timeline

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

tetsuo posted:

It's October 5th and the window is now closed. Our only business was selling ASM to Everton for £12m and buying no one. I hear a knock at the door. I open it and Mike Ashley is already halfway through executing an impossibly deft spinning heel kick. The sole of his new balance trainer flying towards me is the last thing I see.

We can still hope that Ashley will for instance buy Jesse Lingard or Marcos Rojo. Come on, let's keep the dream alive!

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

the sex ghost posted:

I can't wait for the 'advanced talks' to break down, followed by 'disagreeing over personal terms', my favourite stage of the transfer timeline

Don't forget "complications over image rights"

Maybe that's only a problem in Italy

West007
Apr 21, 2013

Der Shovel posted:

We can still hope that Ashley will for instance buy Jesse Lingard or Marcos Rojo. Come on, let's keep the dream alive!

I thought they sold Rojo in january to an Argentinian club.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

trem_two posted:

Don't forget "complications over image rights"

Maybe that's only a problem in Italy

I love a South American transfer where the player is owned by the club and about 6 other third-party companies, at least one of which is the player's dad, and they all want a HUGE fee

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

West007 posted:

Nah he's on loan there.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

West007 posted:

It was a loan, no idea if there was a clause to buy him afterward

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Vegetable posted:

not all of us subscribe, copy it plz

i just assumed since it was old it'd be free. I must have something overriding the paywall. Here are some of the relevant bits

quote:

He is not, however, an owner who possesses oligarchic wealth like his compatriot Roman Abramovich. Demin’s wealth is thought to amount to the lower end of nine figures, with reported values varying between £100-200 million. Those numbers are dwarfed by his Premier League contemporaries.

But Bournemouth, and their 621 members of staff, evidently rely on Demin. During the 2018-19 season, he retook full control of the club, buying out the 25 per cent stake of American investors Peak6. Last year, he put £21 million into the club’s budget. Notably, his British Virgin Island-based holding company is owed nearly £109 million interest-free, a jump from £45 million in 2017-18.

It’s important that they do too because without Demin, their finances do not make for optimistic reading. The headline number for this year’s figures is a pre-tax loss of £32.4 million.

Their wage bill is up — and as a percentage of turnover. Revenue, meanwhile, is down. The club are owed about £5 million of transfer fee instalments by other clubs but the amount going the other way is £81 million.

No club in the Premier League is more dependent on broadcast rights money than Bournemouth, with 88 per cent of their total revenue coming from that one source. This means their declining finishing positions in the league since 2017 — ninth to 12th, to 14th — has resulted in falls in the overall turnover.

With match-day revenue at the Vitality, the league’s smallest ground, flat and commercial income stubbornly small, that slip from ninth to 14th has seen Bournemouth’s income decline from £136.5 million in 2017 to £131.1 million last year. While Bournemouth’s revenue is 10 times what it was in the Championship four years previously, match day revenue has only increased by £1 million, and commercial by £6 million

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
People are always talking about 'doing a Leeds' but relying on TV money for 88% of your overall revenue and then getting relegated with a massive wage bill is about as Leeds as it gets. Worrying times

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Their wage bill is 75% of revenue too

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://twitter.com/TeleFootball/status/1290682060504477696

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

So £3m + Player deal then.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Jose posted:

Their wage bill is 75% of revenue too

That's not too bad. Swansea and Villa went down spending ~85%.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Guardian Article posted:

Both clubs are understood to be confident a deal to make Sancho the most expensive English player in history is nearing completion, with United expected to pay an initial £90m (€100m) fee over three annual instalments and a further €20m in performance-related add-ons. Dortmund would prefer to have the transfer completed by next week to help them bring in a replacement.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...-personal-terms

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Rangers have signed;

Jon McLaughlin - Free - #2 goalie from Sunderland.
Leon Balogun - Free - Ex Brighton on loan at Wigan, covers Katic injury.
Calvin Bassey - Free - Leicester youth left back.
Ianis Hagi - £3m - Making his loan deal permanent.
Kemar Roofe - £3m? - ex dirty Leeds and Anderlecht physio bench.
Cedric Itten - £3m? - Swiss 1 in 2 striker from St. Gallen.

Tony Weston - £50k - Blackpool youth starlet.

All in all not a bad window. Ross Wilson’s worth his weight in gold.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I'll believe this when he signs the contract.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Ferran Torres from Valencia to Manchester City is a Done Deal

https://twitter.com/ManCity/status/1290724181886279685

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Total Meatlove posted:

Rangers have signed;

Jon McLaughlin - Free - #2 goalie from Sunderland.
Leon Balogun - Free - Ex Brighton on loan at Wigan, covers Katic injury.
Calvin Bassey - Free - Leicester youth left back.
Ianis Hagi - £3m - Making his loan deal permanent.
Kemar Roofe - £3m? - ex dirty Leeds and Anderlecht physio bench.
Cedric Itten - £3m? - Swiss 1 in 2 striker from St. Gallen.

Tony Weston - £50k - Blackpool youth starlet.

All in all not a bad window. Ross Wilson’s worth his weight in gold.

I miss kemar roofe, he got moved on just as things were coming together at Leeds. He'll have a lovely time in Scotland

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Leeds are reportedly looking to sign Turkish left back Sükin Yerdadsdik

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
How is Bournemouth's wage bill so high when their players are 40% garbage signings for £15 - £20 million that couldn't hack it in other PL clubs and 60% journeymen who came up with them from Championship and below?

Even their goodish players shouldn't demand that high wages besides maybe Brooks since he's young and was lighting things up before signing a new contract (then got injured for the entire season lol)

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

African AIDS cum posted:

lol

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Insurrectionist posted:

How is Bournemouth's wage bill so high when their players are 40% garbage signings for £15 - £20 million that couldn't hack it in other PL clubs and 60% journeymen who came up with them from Championship and below?

Even their goodish players shouldn't demand that high wages besides maybe Brooks since he's young and was lighting things up before signing a new contract (then got injured for the entire season lol)

I'm shaking my head at the suggestion that £15-20m isn't big (big) money.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

African AIDS cum posted:

I hear Yerdadsdik is too small for the Premier League but I couldn’t find any videos on YouTube. Apparently bing might work better though?

sassassin posted:

I'm shaking my head at the suggestion that £15-20m isn't big (big) money.

Football has gone crazy and keeps going crazier, surely a crash is looming in the horizon.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
So City have signed Ferran Torres for £23M. Which seems very reasonable indeed.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Ferran Torres sounds like a PES name used to get around copyright infringement

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

CyberPingu posted:

Ferran Torres sounds like a PES name used to get around copyright infringement

Signed by Man Blue

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

tarbrush posted:

So City have signed Ferran Torres for £23M. Which seems very reasonable indeed.

23m doesn't even get me hard any more. If your fee isn't 75m or higher get away from me with your peasant transfers

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

the sex ghost posted:

23m doesn't even get me hard any more. If your fee isn't 75m or higher get away from me with your peasant transfers

You should probably see a doctor about that...

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I only watch football for the deals

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

the sex ghost posted:

I only watch football for the deals

Same. And I only read Penthouse for the letters.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!

sticksy posted:

Signed by Man Blue

Man Blue Group

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/BVBBuzz/status/1291066421590601729
maybe Ed's been negotiating with the Ander Herrera lawyer again