Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I need Tyreek Hill to suffer a karmic injury sometime near the beginning of the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

I am seriously angry this morning that I lost this week because of Covid-19 fuckery.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

waah posted:

I am seriously angry this morning that I lost this week because of Covid-19 fuckery.

It won’t help much but you’re not the only one. It’s just going to get worse from here.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I hate it when it lines up that my opponent has guys playing the Saints.

I'm up like 70 but I get to watch Keenan Allen get 4 touchdowns and 200 yards to beat me AND the Saints.

Edit: i apparently hexed Keenan Allen with this post

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Oct 13, 2020

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
lol again I was all set to lose but an absolutely insane second half in the Hawks/Vikings game saved my rear end. Seemed like every single touchdown that half either went to DK, Carson or Thielen who are all my guys, not to mention Russ the one throwing most of those. I got to watch my win probability go from below 25% to about 98% in the space of a quarter and a half

Oh, plus my opponent had Dalvin Cook who absolutely looked like he was about to crush both me and the Seahawks until he pulled a hammy early in the second half and went out, at which point the whole game seemed to change.

Still, I'm a little impressed with my guys for winning games for me despite my first round keeper giving me a grand total of like 3 loving points the entire season. I bet big on the Seahawks offense and it's paying off, but actually it's the Seahawks defense that has been the best thing for me. They're so bad they force Russell to do crazy things to win

waah posted:

Did that happen just by certain players having their bye effectively moved to this week and the actual game being later or something?

GD_American posted:

I need Tyreek Hill to suffer a karmic injury sometime near the beginning of the game

God reaches down from Heaven to break his own son's arm, that seems just

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

I lost my kicker and defense to COVID this week, and decided not to bother churning roster. It looks like I'd have lost anyway.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

although im just realizing that my reliance on the seahawks offense means I'm gonna lose four starters next week and I don't even have enough guys to replace them all lol

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Heh, after 3 weeks of looking like complete garbage I benched Matt Ryan and then he went nuts for 30 pts.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

PostNouveau posted:

Heh, after 3 weeks of looking like complete garbage I benched Matt Ryan and then he went nuts for 30 pts.

:yeshaha:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Welp, Kelce already has 2 TDs in the first half, I think I'm done for.

ETA: That late Arizona field goal means I drop from #1 to #2 in the standings :argh:

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Oct 20, 2020

Play
Apr 25, 2006

That was a weird week of fantasy . A bunch of teams didn't even break 100 points and the two highest score totals came from the two teams with only one win

WampaLord posted:

Welp, Kelce already has 2 TDs in the first half, I think I'm done for.

ETA: That late Arizona field goal means I drop from #1 to #2 in the standings :argh:

That's funny, because I wasn't playing you but now that I look at it that field goal from Zane Gonzalez actually won the week for me. Even though I still only scored 95 points it was just enough.

Don't worry, my team is pretty fraudulent. I've been lucky enough to have less points scored against me than all but one other team.

Play fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Oct 20, 2020

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Play posted:

That was a weird week of fantasy . A bunch of teams didn't even break 100 points and the two highest score totals came from the two teams with only one win

That's funny, because I wasn't playing you but now that I look at it that field goal from Zane Gonzalez actually won the week for me. Even though I still only scored 95 points it was just enough.

Don't worry, my team is pretty fraudulent. I've been lucky enough to have less points scored against me than all but one other team.

My score would have been nearly 200 if I started Jefferson over juju too.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I'm 3-1 since Christian McCaffrey got injured because I have Mike Davis and DJ Moore, but I'm pretty sure when he comes back, the Panthers are going to go back to "CMC touches the ball 80% of the plays" and tank my team.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

PostNouveau posted:

I'm 3-1 since Christian McCaffrey got injured because I have Mike Davis and DJ Moore, but I'm pretty sure when he comes back, the Panthers are going to go back to "CMC touches the ball 80% of the plays" and tank my team.

God I hope so.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

PostNouveau posted:

Nah this coaching staff is different. They'll probably all be on the field or something crazy. McCaffery becomes a legit WR split out or something crazy.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

waah posted:

Nah this coaching staff is different. They'll probably all be on the field or something crazy. McCaffery becomes a legit WR split out or something crazy.

I mean, they've been more effective not running everything through him right? Seems like a win-win to me to treat him like a normal all-star RB instead of sweatily trying to ruin his career by making him gain every offensive yard.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

These game time decisions are going to be the death of me.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
:lol: The player's notes for Mike Davis say "You can go ahead and cut Mike Davis right now"

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

PostNouveau posted:

:lol: The player's notes for Mike Davis say "You can go ahead and cut Mike Davis right now"

And the moment you do, CMC snaps his leg.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

And the moment you do, CMC snaps his leg.

Yeah I'll check the injuries list but I feel like seeing how the next week goes is better than whatever's on the waiver wire at this point.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

As someone juggling (checks notes) Nyheim Hines, Joshua Kelly, and Rex Burkhead at RB2, you absolutely have nothing to gain

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

GD_American posted:

As someone juggling (checks notes) Nyheim Hines, Joshua Kelly, and Rex Burkhead at RB2, you absolutely have nothing to gain

Yeah I went digging through the RBs last week and wound up with

*checks notes*

JaMycal Hasty, who is apparently a 49er or something

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Somebody is playing no defense against me and has two defenses on their bench.

So now it's a toss-up between us with the match riding on Godwin against the Saints tomorrow.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

I'm working on being middle of the pack awful and I couldn't be happier.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

PostNouveau posted:

Somebody is playing no defense against me and has two defenses on their bench.

So now it's a toss-up between us with the match riding on Godwin against the Saints tomorrow.

heh, whoever this is pulled the ol' "Get the 2nd most points for the week. Lose to the person with the most points". If they'd started Tennessee's defense off their bench they would have won, but they would have lost if they'd started Washington's defense off their bench.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Yeah that was me gently caress you :(

The plan was to start Tennessee and uh I forgot

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Nov 9, 2020

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

After starting 4-1 and climbing to #1 the last 4 weeks have been brutal for me in this league. I have the most points against me because lately whenever anyone faces me, all of their dudes have big games.

Hopefully I can still make the playoffs.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Joey Freshwater posted:

Yeah that was me gently caress you :(

The plan was to start Tennessee and uh I forgot

I'm showing on the league dues that you didn't pay. I might have missed, do you remember if you did or did not?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

wandler20 posted:

I'm showing on the league dues that you didn't pay. I might have missed, do you remember if you did or did not?

I'll pay if you retroactively start Tennessee for me so I win that game LIKE I SHOULD HAVE

I honestly can't remember if I did, sent $10 just in case

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Nov 10, 2020

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Oh poo poo, Christian McCaffrey's out? I shoulda played Mike Davis and DJ Moore.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I had my game locked up until that Kyler to Nuk hail mary. Now I need like 13 points from Allen Robinson. gently caress.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I would really appreciate Lamar Jackson throwing three or four touchdowns to Mark Andrews.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

wandler20 posted:

I had my game locked up until that Kyler to Nuk hail mary. Now I need like 13 points from Allen Robinson. gently caress.

No you don't. In fact Allen Robinson should sit this one out.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

waah posted:

No you don't. In fact Allen Robinson should sit this one out.

He is questionable...

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Weird herding in the wins and losses

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Couple of folks gonna be hosed on tiebreaker

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
That loving hail mary cost me being 6-4.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

we have some solid parity in this league

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Finally broke the 4 week losing streak and crawled to the head of the 5-5 pack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
In what will surely be my season defining move, I have placed Taysom Hill as my starting QB.