Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Ah that would explain everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://twitter.com/WYR_bot/status/1298801803484684288

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

yea let yourself sober up a bit at least before smoking again, if you spend your day in a nonstop haze of weed you'll stop getting the good fun high and just end up spaced out and burned out until you fall asleep, and also your tolerance will shoot up

if you really need/want extended duration of effects you want edibles like candies or tinctures and the like

should you decide weed is for you and you become a regular user, a dry herb vape will save you money in the long term due to greater efficiency even disregarding the health benefits; if you're comfortable using a torch flame lighter the Dynavap is the best vape on the market for the money, i've got a pile of vapes and still use a Dynavap more than anything else except sometimes the Mighty when i'm feeling lazy

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

this also explains a lot

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

if you want to get more high, smoke a bigger bowl or two bowls back to back rather than spacing it out

weed baby protip: weed and alcohol exacerbate the effects of the other, which can be either awesome or terrible depending on context

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
weed!

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

Wheeee posted:

if you want to get more high, smoke a bigger bowl or two bowls back to back rather than spacing it out

weed baby protip: weed and alcohol exacerbate the effects of the other, which can be either awesome or terrible depending on context

IMO I think it's all about using a light touch when you mix alcohol and weed. You don't want to be really high when you start drinking, likewise you don't want too be more than buzzed when you start smoking. Just take it easy and realize that the inebriating effect is more than the sum of it's parts.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

sometimes i smoke and think about politics and then i'm all like :( but i look way more chill about it

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
i'm out of weed :(

the only upside is i have really vivid dreams now

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Boba Pearl posted:

Just grow your own, it's only like 50 - 75$ for the seeds, then 50 - 75$ for the soil, then 30 - 60$ for the nutes, then 15 - 30$ for the pots, and then you wait 9 months, and then you pray to god you don't get pests, over watering, under watering, too much nutes, too few nutes, nobody robs you, nothing fucks with your plants stem.

You can solve like half of those problems by spending another 500$+ on lights, racks, fans, ventillation, and a tent in your closet as long as you don't mind a loud as fan in your room 24/7 and also for your entire living space to smell like a lovely dispensary.

(I grow my own, but it feels incredibly bourgeois and costs me an arm and a leg. But my latest plant might be giving me like a lb so it might be worth it.)

if you're already having fans and ventilation in a grow tent couldn't you just add a carbon filter in the outtake to eliminate the smell? I guess it would still stink up when you open the tent but that's better than it smelling 24/7...

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

dex_sda posted:

if you're already having fans and ventilation in a grow tent couldn't you just add a carbon filter in the outtake to eliminate the smell? I guess it would still stink up when you open the tent but that's better than it smelling 24/7...

yeah I have a carbon filter on mine and you can’t smell it unless I leave the tent open for an extended period.

(or maybe I have the roni and can’t smell anything)

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

https://twitter.com/puresolus/status/1298809854807740423

:hmmyes:

K9
May 6, 2007

smh if the lifetime's supply of chicken isn't a single egg

K9
May 6, 2007

you can't get stoned smoking chicken (feel free to prove me wrong)

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

it makes me feel alright

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Spent like six months stone sober, way into the pandemic even, and it's incredible how much less bullshit everything feels with weed.

Can anyone recommend a good vape for hashish? My lungs don't appreciate the spliffs.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Concentrate vapes generally don't play nice with hashish since it's not a full melt and will gum up coils or buckets with plant matter, do you mix the hash with herb at all? If so, most dry herb vapes will work okay with it sandwiched into some herb, otherwise packed into a bit of cotton torn off from a cotton ball works.

For that sort of thing the Dynavap is probably the best bet, there's no way to ruin it via hash getting through the screen and being flame powered you can get it hotter than most electric herb vapes will get, which is good for this use.

I've got like half a dozen Dynavaps including custom titanium units because they're legit just that good.

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

the Dynavap is a great no frills solo piece if you are comfortably constantly using a minitorch an used one heavily last year to some smoke bowls on my lunch break but it isnt very stealth for a vape IMO because you always run the risk of overheating and burning a bowl then suddenly smelling like you just lit a doob. ive never use concentrate out of mine but i don't see why you can't if you are mixing it in with bud

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

I've got the Boundless CF vape and I really like it. It's got a little chamber insert canister that you can drop waxes and resins into (and I assume hash although I haven't tried yet) and it works perfectly well without gumming anything up or requiring a lot of extra clean up or anything (you can just replace the cotton padding and drop the whole thing into some rubbing alcohol if you really need to). The whole vaporizer itself is just very easy to clean and maintain in general.
It's not very stealth but I don't like smoking anywhere I need to be discreet about it, personally.

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
my vape is green and says 'clout' on it. works great, would recommend

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Wheeee posted:

Concentrate vapes generally don't play nice with hashish since it's not a full melt and will gum up coils or buckets with plant matter, do you mix the hash with herb at all? If so, most dry herb vapes will work okay with it sandwiched into some herb, otherwise packed into a bit of cotton torn off from a cotton ball works.

Nope, still not legal here and poo poo got hosed by corona and a string of busts, although I prefer herb it's not as readily available right now. I've got one of those flame vapes that's like a bunch of interlocking springs, can't remember its name, but I imagine it wouldn't be very good for this by itself.

I'll check out the Dynavap. Is there any significant difference between the 19 and 20?

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I appreciate dry herb vapes because AVB can be awesome poo poo - made some brownies with half a cup of fine AVB and it's one of those edibles that can make you uncomfortably, brutally high off your rear end if you're not comfortable

:iia:

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

SplitSoul posted:

Nope, still not legal here and poo poo got hosed by corona and a string of busts, although I prefer herb it's not as readily available right now. I've got one of those flame vapes that's like a bunch of interlocking springs, can't remember its name, but I imagine it wouldn't be very good for this by itself.

I'll check out the Dynavap. Is there any significant difference between the 19 and 20?

The Vaporgenie coil? That'll work fine for hash actually, especially since getting too hot won't cause the nasty combustion that herb does.

The 2020 Dynavap M has a pretty substantially redesigned tip and body with better thermal and airflow performance, unless money is tight and the price differential is large where you are I think the 19 is no longer worth considering. They also have a Dynacoil, which is a little titanium ribbon rolled into a coil that sits in the Dynavap bowl and is used to melt concentrates into, which is sort of a gimmick since electric coil vapes work way faster but which would be decent for hash since being a piece of metal it's easy to clean gunk out via torch or iso soak.

Before getting a Dynavap I'd suggest watching a couple videos of them in use on Youtube, while they're highly effective and practically speaking are easy to recommend not everyone is down for fiddling with a torch and little metal joint, so make sure you're okay with the use case before buying; it's not uncommon for people to buy them based on hype then decide it sucks because they can't figure out how it works or they're afraid of fire or whatever.

Wheeee has issued a correction as of 22:23 on Aug 27, 2020

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Wheeee posted:

The Vaporgenie coil? That'll work fine for hash actually, especially since getting too hot won't cause the nasty combustion that herb does.

Hmm, maybe I'll give it a try first. How finely would it need to be broken up to get the best results?

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Quite fine, you want as much surface area as possible since you're heating it via convection, so perhaps put a bit of cotton or something in the bowl to hold it.

You could also just get a small pipe and put a fine metal screen in it and smoke the hash alone.

hasegawa
Dec 30, 2008

Wedge Regret
I got tired of refilling lighters so I bought an induction heater for my dynavaps. I paid a dude on fuckcombustion $90 for a plug-in model, and it's been great.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Wheeee posted:

Before getting a Dynavap I'd suggest watching a couple videos of them in use on Youtube, while they're highly effective and practically speaking are easy to recommend not everyone is down for fiddling with a torch and little metal joint, so make sure you're okay with the use case before buying; it's not uncommon for people to buy them based on hype then decide it sucks because they can't figure out how it works or they're afraid of fire or whatever.

my VaporGenie got me through college, but I got to admit that using a triple torch is a big turnoff. do I absolutely need that much power to get a good hit off one of these?

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Victory Position posted:

my VaporGenie got me through college, but I got to admit that using a triple torch is a big turnoff. do I absolutely need that much power to get a good hit off one of these?

Single torch actually works better since it lets the tip under the cap heat soak a bit more before the cap clicks, plus lower chance of combusting if you go a second past click.

Triple torch is faster and works better outdoors where even a light breeze can make the things a bitch to use, but in general single torch is best and I never use a triple.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I use both switching back and forth depending on how I'm feeling. The triple also functions as a great screen cleaner if you've got a window or two open and a metal stick.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Does anyone have a good Green Bud -> Canna Cap recipe?

I would normally make them with concentrate, because you can just decarb concentrate by cooking it in a frying pan until the bubbles stop, but there's no "bubble" trick for green herb is there?

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

You can decarb flower in the oven no problem, I break it up and spread it out on a cookie sheet, cover with aluminum foil, and bake for 30-40 minutes at 220 Fahrenheit. I don't think you even need the foil if you're a stickler about metal waste or something, I just do it to help the heat even out a bit.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Crazycryodude posted:

I don't think you even need the foil if you're a stickler about metal waste or something, I just do it to help the heat even out a bit.

obviously do your own research if it's something you're seriously concerned about, but aluminum is perfectly safe that those temperatures, at vape temperatures, and even at smoking temperatures; smoking out of an aluminum can is bad because of the plastic coating on the inside, not the aluminum itself

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

Boba Pearl posted:

Just grow your own, it's only like 50 - 75$ for the seeds, then 50 - 75$ for the soil, then 30 - 60$ for the nutes, then 15 - 30$ for the pots, and then you wait 9 months, and then you pray to god you don't get pests, over watering, under watering, too much nutes, too few nutes, nobody robs you, nothing fucks with your plants stem.

You can solve like half of those problems by spending another 500$+ on lights, racks, fans, ventillation, and a tent in your closet as long as you don't mind a loud as fan in your room 24/7 and also for your entire living space to smell like a lovely dispensary.

(I grow my own, but it feels incredibly bourgeois and costs me an arm and a leg. But my latest plant might be giving me like a lb so it might be worth it.)

I don't buy seed I just buy lovely eighths and germinate the seeds I inevitably get from there.

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
we'd

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
Smokin something called do-si-do outta weasel pipe

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

Les Os posted:

Smokin something called do-si-do outta weasel pipe

dosi tastes a bit like leather oil its wonderful

theres some bergamot in there too

Impkins Patootie has issued a correction as of 00:16 on Aug 28, 2020

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
I miss my vaporgenie from college, but have entirely migrated to edibles and tinctures after a years-long weed break. I miss the speed and taste of smoking and vaping. is the dynavap a better vaporgenie?

A lot of the dispensaries around here sell concentrates. Am I better off with an electric vape for those or will a dynavap work well too?

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Dynavap and Vaporgenie work pretty differently, with the Dynavap being much easier and more consistent to use. In addition to being much more consistent, the Dynavap can hit harder than any other vape I've used with small amounts, in terms of the density of the vapor; my tolerance can get pretty crazy and the Dynavap is always able to cut through it when I push it to high temps. For what it's worth, I love the Dynavap and never really got into either my Vaporgenie or Sticky Brick due to how finnicky and inconsistent they are.

As above, check out some Dynavap videos, the technique is pretty simple and if you figure it out they absolutely work very well, but being a manual analog device make sure it's something you'll be comfortable using.

For the most part dry herb vapes don't do concentrates very well, the little Dynacoil thing they sell for concentrate use does work okay, better than most electric dry herb vapes, but if you're getting full melt concentrates like shatter, oil, sauce, wax, resin, etc, then a dedicated concentrate device will work much better than any dry herb vape. Yocan's Evolve Plus or an HVT EZ Sai are cheap compact and easy coil pens, or if you wanted a non-coil option the Divine Tribe DTV4 with titanium cup on whatever cheap mod they sell with it will offer a better experience at the expensive of some size and fiddling.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

i've been trying delta 8 distillate in my pax and it's been pretty alright

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017