Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

is he running the game on a nintendo 64

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

TheBacon posted:

Actually most of the fires on both sides have been getting under control and smokes hasn’t been bad at all the last few days. But fires on both the east and southwest of me is pretty loving wild.

This was two weeks ago in the morning looking out the window of my place.

My girlfriend's parents actually fled from that bay area smoke . Unfortunately they came to visit here instead, because their house in Big Bear is also being attacked by fire and smoke. Same with Palm Springs

I did read an article today that said that even if you see that smoke, if you can't smell it you're likely being protected more or less by the marine layer of air flowing over the bay area. Not sure how true that is.

Mustached Demon posted:

There a likelihood of the 49ers home opener being postponed or moved due to raging inferno?

I've never noticed the NFL caring that much about the effect of particulates in the lungs of their players

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Play posted:

I've never noticed the NFL caring that much about the effect of particulates in the lungs of their players

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

I don't know. Where's that from?

The NFL, by way of the depths of purgatory and lower circles of hell.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Play posted:

My girlfriend's parents actually fled from that bay area smoke . Unfortunately they came to visit here instead, because their house in Big Bear is also being attacked by fire and smoke. Same with Palm Springs

I did read an article today that said that even if you see that smoke, if you can't smell it you're likely being protected more or less by the marine layer of air flowing over the bay area. Not sure how true that is.

We're being protected by the marine layer from the smoke itself, but it's literally snowing ash outside right now. Very lightly but you can see the little flecks.

Needless to say, inhaling ash is no bueno

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
See, I miss the west coast desperately, but poo poo like this reminds me that there are benefits to living out east. You basically don't get fires out here, and there isn't the looming threat of an earthquake to deal with.

Hope this smoke starts to clear up soon, it sounds hellish out there. My 89 year old Grandma lives in Menlo Park and I'm worried about her.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

shirts and skins posted:

See, I miss the west coast desperately, but poo poo like this reminds me that there are benefits to living out east. You basically don't get fires out here, and there isn't the looming threat of an earthquake to deal with.

Hope this smoke starts to clear up soon, it sounds hellish out there. My 89 year old Grandma lives in Menlo Park and I'm worried about her.

East coasts gonna get hammered by hurricanes drifting northward more as the atlantic currents break.

Oh and artic blasts in the winter for the same reason.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Mustached Demon posted:

East coasts gonna get hammered by hurricanes drifting northward more as the atlantic currents break.

Oh and artic blasts in the winter for the same reason.

I'm in the DC area, which is well sheltered from hurricanes. The Outer Banks/Delmarva stick out too far for them to score a direct hit here. The arctic blasts suck but I'll take that over a loving lahar that's for sure.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Yeah lahar season is a real bastard

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Just live on a hill scrubs :smugdog:

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

That’s where the fires are...

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Coldforge posted:

The NFL, by way of the depths of purgatory and lower circles of hell.

Apparently, since I've never seen that before.

I see this, which is much better :rolleyes:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nit Wit Dog Shit fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Sep 10, 2020

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
We had a hella fire season last year, feel sorry for you guys down there. It sucks to eat smoke all summer.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

@CableThanos_ is back, with a nude John Schneider riding a sea gull that that shoots lasers.

https://twitter.com/cablethanos_/status/1304528027364196353?s=21

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Bob Socko posted:

@CableThanos_ is back, with a nude John Schneider riding a sea gull that that shoots lasers.

https://twitter.com/cablethanos_/status/1304528027364196353?s=21

That was a fun video I look forward to winning the wildcard spot at 9-7.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

its all nice on rice posted:

That was a fun video I look forward to winning the wildcard spot at 9-7.

i'll have you know that seahawks players, one and all, are in the best shapes of their lives

19-0 babey

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
List your rookies that are getting really hyped and will probably suck!

Seahawks camp has fallen in love with;

A. 3rd round OG, Damien Lewis - he will be good because he's a big OL and those dudes rule https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damien_Lewis_(American_football)

B. 5th round DE, Alton Robinson - he's getting impossibly hyped but I think he's getting first team reps because the DL is otherwise poop https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alton_Robinson

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I'd rather expect failure and be pleasantly surprised at victory.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

I'd rather expect failure and be pleasantly surprised at victory.

Sounds like the coping mechanism of a Mariners fan!

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

Apparently lj collier is starting at de.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

I think damien Lewis will be alright.

Not buying the alton Robinson hype.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

half cocaine posted:

Apparently lj collier is starting at de.

I hope he's good, but it's pretty damning that he couldn't see the field last year even with the pass rush in shambles

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

List your rookies that are getting really hyped and will probably suck!

Seahawks camp has fallen in love with;

A. 3rd round OG, Damien Lewis - he will be good because he's a big OL and those dudes rule https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damien_Lewis_(American_football)

B. 5th round DE, Alton Robinson - he's getting impossibly hyped but I think he's getting first team reps because the DL is otherwise poop https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alton_Robinson

For the Rams, I do think Van Jefferson is gonna play in his first game. He probably won't start because Kupp, Woods and Reynolds are somewhat established but I do expect him to start taking more and more snaps as the season goes on.

Cam Akers hasn't looked very special in camp, by all accounts. Darrell Henderson was mostly hurt last year, so it's almost like a rookie season for him, not to mention Raymond Calais the back picked up from the Bucs after they waived him, AND UDFA Xavier Jones . So that's four very inexperienced RBs behind an extremely questionable offensive line going up against the cowboys, as well as Malcolm Brown, a veteran who has done essentially nothing in his career. I expect it to be damned ugly, and I do not think the Rams will win this game.

The best Rams rookies by all accounts are the two Terrells, Burgess and Lewis, and sixth round safety Jordan Fuller. Lewis is injured right now but should be back in a few weeks, and he looks like exactly what he is, a guy who fell in the draft due to injury concerns but is huge, athletic and talented. Burgess and Fuller are now both second string safeties behind John Johnson III and Taylor Rapp, and Fuller by all accounts has been one of the best DBs in all of camp. Not sure who is going to start at nickel, it might be one of those two or maybe David Long a draft pick from last year. It would be great if the Rams defense really came together, they showed flashed of dominance last year but then they'd give up some absurd point total the next week. If the defense can keep them in it I do think the offense can do enough to win some games

It looks like their second string DT behind Aaron Donald is an UDFA named Eric Banks, but I don't know anything about him

Oh also they have a new starting kicker in Sam Sloman. Hopefully he makes the ball go through the poles, that would be good

Play fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Sep 12, 2020

TURGID TOMFOOLERY
Nov 1, 2019

https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1305188652889169920?s=21

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

May your legs carry you far today, NFC West.

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

"Healthy Scratch" is code for contact-traced quarantine, right?

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Seahawks O line in mid-season form

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
The Russell Wilson fellow seems like a pretty good QB.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

The Russell Wilson fellow seems like a pretty good QB.

RWBS in mid season form.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

They have established the pass.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
This might be a hot take but I think the Falcons defense is Bad

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Benne posted:

This might be a hot take but I think the Falcons defense is Bad

Yes but the Seattle D got shredded there a moment ago :(

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

Lol te collision

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Russ looks loving great

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Peachfart posted:

Russ looks loving great

Amen

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Double post but Seattle won so who cares

https://twitter.com/ByTimBooth/status/1305236671101894656

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Shameful seattle did not establish the run.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
LMAO

https://twitter.com/Joe_Fann/status/1305247118894854144?s=19

Jamal Adams loving rules

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Jimmy G has looked like garbage this first half

E: and also the 2nd half

Papercut fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Sep 14, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

Even when Kyler is mediocre he is still a thing of beauty to watch.