Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

so there's just no rules this season?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raere
Dec 13, 2007

We have no choice but to stan Symone

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Kandy Muse's outfit in the talking head videos gives me such late 90s WWF Nation of Domination realness

Gelf
Oct 1, 2005

Wake up and smell the psychosis!\

I still can't quite decide if Elliott's snipes at Kandy and Nina Tina were well orchestrated attacks on obvious sore spots to rattle nerves, or just the observations of someone with no filter at all and no malicious intent.

Either way I love them and their weird face.

I especially enjoyed the Nina West jibe at Tina during Untucked, as I had made the same comparison to my husband earlier in the episode in response to the Tinman outfit.

Not sure I have the stamina for 16 episodes with UK S2 on top of it now. I go through phases of getting burnt out on Ru's poo poo and there's a lot coming all at once.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Cannot unsee
https://twitter.com/thatonequeen/status/1348042364955185152

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Gelf posted:

I still can't quite decide if Elliott's snipes at Kandy and Nina Tina were well orchestrated attacks on obvious sore spots to rattle nerves, or just the observations of someone with no filter at all and no malicious intent.

I think that's precisely what Kandy was trying to figure out, if she should go off or not.

Missi Pyle is already a pretty good drag name.

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
The second episode was a lot better but I'm bummed out because a couple of the queens I'm most interested in are in timeout and I would really like to get to know them :(

Just so it doesn't come off too negative, Eliott's looks were some of my favorites of the night so i do really like the second chance angle.

hotdog feet fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Jan 10, 2021

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

How do I watch untucked, legit, in the UK?

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!

Nihonniboku posted:

Missi Pyle is already a pretty good drag name.

Tell that to Pissi Myles!

I liked everyone this episode but especially Olivia Lux. I have two mild fashion comments: while LaLa Ri looked amazing, I wanted an updo or something sleek bc the shape of her hair kinda got mixed up in all the ruffles and the silhouette lost some definition. Also I really wanted Kandy Muse's shorts to either be longer so they read as shorts or be cut up much higher on the sides bc it looked kinda like a shiny diaper.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Olivia has an insane amount of talent AND polish. I like a lot of queens this season and she's not even my favourite but if I was a betting man I'd put my money on her, incredible voice doesn't hurt.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
God bless Kandy Muse giving full Dr. Rockso in the challenge

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

I don't think she'll make it past congeniality, but Olivia Lux almost hurts to look at her face is so gorgeous.

Kandy was my fav from the MTQ though if Symone can act then it's game over.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I have absolutely no reason to believe symone is not a powerful comedy queen whether she knows it or she doesn't. I don't even know exactly why I believe this, but something about the way she sold her looks and her lip synchs and everything just gives me this sense of someone who naturally performs just by existing? I dunno i'm drunk and stoned and thats the best I can do. I'm in love with her for sure. I still think Olivia is a top contender and she's the one I'm thinking "if she can act its game over" about (can she? I can't even remember if that was mentioned as one of her things or not), but I think Symone is the queen I'm looking forward most to seeing in the snatch game.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Symone I assumed was going to do well since the MtQ.

LaLa and Olivia had been real surprises and I'm living.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I have absolutely no reason to believe symone is not a powerful comedy queen whether she knows it or she doesn't. I don't even know exactly why I believe this, but something about the way she sold her looks and her lip synchs and everything just gives me this sense of someone who naturally performs just by existing? I dunno i'm drunk and stoned and thats the best I can do. I'm in love with her for sure. I still think Olivia is a top contender and she's the one I'm thinking "if she can act its game over" about (can she? I can't even remember if that was mentioned as one of her things or not), but I think Symone is the queen I'm looking forward most to seeing in the snatch game.

Based on her quick wit in episode 1, basically calling RuPaul a crossdresser to her face in a stressful situation, I agree.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

gandlethorpe posted:

Based on her quick wit in episode 1, basically calling RuPaul a crossdresser to her face in a stressful situation, I agree.

Yeah she was strong off this and then the win in week 2 AND the blessed "you got it kid" means she would have to murder one of Ru's most beloved women in snatch game to go home before top 5 at the least

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Hey

UK2 starts in two days!

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Goodbye stealing souls, hello stealing booty.
Oh drat, I need to get through the last few episodes of UK season 1 ASAP then.

I love Baga Chips so much.

dangerburrd
Feb 20, 2013

Demon_Corsair posted:

Oh drat, I need to get through the last few episodes of UK season 1 ASAP then.

I love Baga Chips so much.

Lol strap in

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

:siren::siren::siren:RuPaul's Drag Race UK Series 2 starts tomorrow!:siren::siren::siren:

Episodes stream on Thursdays at 7 pm GMT/2 pm EST/11 am PST, so plan your forum browsing accordingly!

e This is just to give an anchor to the OP for when various series' discussions start.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I can't wait to see english Ross Matthews (also known as Alan Carr) again

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Symone gives me chills. She's got a LOT more to show and I can't wait. Seriously interesting decisionmaking already and she's just a joy to watch.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I think it was someone on IMHO that said that symone just knows where the cameras are every single time they shoot her and that seems about right to me. Lots of seasoned stage performers couldn't do that to save their lives so it just really stands out on this show when someone is a natural. I dont even think its intentional on her part, its very much just an amorphous aspect of her star power.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Bob being correct about Symone's runway walk.

But I don't care if she does that move a lot, I love it.

Edit: https://youtube.com/watch?v=CqBVxzKoLtU
Why is this so mesmerizing? She's like the Monique Heart of body language for me.

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Jan 13, 2021

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Act One of Friday's ep: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijts6b9Mxe4

e: (spoiler from that video) aaaaaaaaaaa Kahmora aaaaaaaaaaaa

Pinwiz11 fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jan 13, 2021

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

gandlethorpe posted:

Edit: https://youtube.com/watch?v=CqBVxzKoLtU
Why is this so mesmerizing? She's like the Monique Heart of body language for me.

I used to work in a really nice bottle service nightclub and we paid one girl to come in and dance on friday saturday nights. Not like go go dance or anything, we paid people to do that as well but this chick would be paid like, 20 bucks an hour plus a massive bar tab to just come in and dance on the regular rear end floor. No requirement to engage with any guests at all. I remember she moved like this. Its actually just magnetic.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I think it was someone on IMHO that said that symone just knows where the cameras are every single time they shoot her and that seems about right to me. Lots of seasoned stage performers couldn't do that to save their lives so it just really stands out on this show when someone is a natural. I dont even think its intentional on her part, its very much just an amorphous aspect of her star power.

I think her skin tone looks incredible under stage lighting. I didn't think much of her photo dress in the werk room but she looked radiant in it on the runway.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Speaking of, is it me or is the werk room lighting especially harsh this season? Or is it just that everyone's older?

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

spite house posted:

Speaking of, is it me or is the werk room lighting especially harsh this season? Or is it just that everyone's older?

We were watching Untucked last night and I was convinced that they were in front of a green screen because the lighting and focus was so weird, but eventually they got up and wandered into the background.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

This whole season just looks real weird. Lots of new post production stuff everywhere. Hard to tell whats related to covid filming restrictions and what isn't. I assume the sparkly insta filter on the main stage is entirely an aesthetic thing. Drives me fkn bonkers. I also had a mini jump scare during the fashion show challenge when they did the weird jump cut between queens and then had Michelle say something like 'there she goes'

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
Speaking of post production choices: Can whoever is in charge of the "camera flash" effect during the mini challenge runways tone it the gently caress down? I legit was getting a headache at the end.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Pinwiz11 posted:

Act One of Friday's ep: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijts6b9Mxe4

e: (spoiler from that video) aaaaaaaaaaa Kahmora aaaaaaaaaaaa

She's doomed. This will define her entire arc on the show and she'll be gone in two eps UNLESS she's either insanely funny or does some wild lipsync gimmick we've never seen.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

The first episode of the U.K. season was fab. Some really entertaining queens.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Dugong posted:

The first episode of the U.K. season was fab. Some really entertaining queens.

Great episode, but also awful for highlighting how loving racist we are as a country.

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine
There is absolutely no loving way Joe Black is THIRTY YEARS OLD

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Golbez posted:

There is absolutely no loving way Joe Black is THIRTY YEARS OLD

There are some rough girls this year.

I really like drag race UK, I get the subtleties more, and the girls are a lot more bitchy.

Also, is anyone else getting League of Gentleman vibes from Ginny?

Oh, and one more thing, the hair cuts are loving awful this year.

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

checking in as team everybody black and ginny lemon

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Drag Race UK is just a more enjoyable viewing experience. I like basically everybody

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Respect for Joe Black bringing Madame realness on their entrance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Bummer about the first queen out, as I did want to see more of them. They lost the LSFYL fair and square though