Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Soda-related news, Wendy's updated their app and you can now order Coke Freestyle drinks through it. Like a Raspberry Peach Mello Yellow or a Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Jenny Agutter posted:

every grape soda is insanely high sugar, not sure what the deal is. any soda experts in here?

The artificial grape flavor is tart on its own.

muscles like this! posted:

I bought a single bottle of Livewire the other day at a Walmart so maybe check there?

I got mine at a Circle K.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

I miss sprite remix and vault

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

My personal Mt. Dew rankings:

Livewire
Baja Blast
Voltage
Regular Dew
Major Melon
Code Red

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

WEH posted:

I miss sprite remix and vault

Vault was pretty drat good, but I'm still not sure it wasn't just surge with a different brand.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Chief McHeath posted:

Livewire
Baja Blast
Voltage
Regular Dew
Major Melon
Code Red

This is a proper list.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Chief McHeath posted:

Livewire
Baja Blast
Voltage
Regular Dew
Major Melon
Code Red

supernova ????

PITCH BLACK????!!!!!

Smythe fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Jun 16, 2021

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
gently caress sakes

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
God tier:
Voltage
Game Fuel (the cherry orange soda. Can’t speak to the weird energy drink rebrand)
Baja Blast

Good tier:
Major Melon
Code Red

Piss tier:
classic Dew

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Smythe posted:

supernova ????

PITCH BLACK????!!!!!

I, clearly less of an expert than I had imagined, am unfamiliar with the Supernova or Pitch Black flavors.

I will still insist that Code Red is bad and garbage.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Mountain Dew is a land of contrasts. I have had flower sodas from Indonesia that taste better than the Mountain Dew USA edition that was a Wal Mart exclusive flavor that ended up in the bottom of a trash can because no one in a group of four could drink a second can let alone a third to finish off the twelve pack.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Smythe posted:

supernova ????

PITCH BLACK????!!!!!

PITCH BLACK II

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Fartington Butts posted:

PITCH BLACK II

The single greatest soda in human history.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Q_res posted:

Soda-related news, Wendy's updated their app and you can now order Coke Freestyle drinks through it. Like a Raspberry Peach Mello Yellow or a Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper.

Those poor Wendy's employees, I feel bad for them.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
livewire is definitely the best mount dew, no questions asked. voltage and baja are real close behind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahq4blDfU5s

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

So there's new "Baja" Dew flavors. Baja Flash which is Pineapple/Coconut flavored and Baja Punch which is Tropical Punch flavored. Anyone tried these?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Want that Baja Punch

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Baja Punch sounds like it might just be a rebrand of Typhoon. Typhoon was pretty good tbh

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
I got some baja punch and it is pretty good. Easily in the top half of Mountain Dew flavors.

Code red remains the best.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

Rahu posted:

I got some baja punch and it is pretty good. Easily in the top half of Mountain Dew flavors.

Baja Punch tastes "orange" like grape drinks taste "purple". Not in a bad way, I liked it quite a bit, but it is in no way a natural flavor.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
coworkers brought me a cactus cooler the other day. i love them. <3

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
theyre like 25 so the first time they asked what i wantyed fom 7-11 and i said "CACTUS COOLER" they was like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZsTujtCUVk

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Q_res posted:

So there's new "Baja" Dew flavors. Baja Flash which is Pineapple/Coconut flavored and Baja Punch which is Tropical Punch flavored. Anyone tried these?

Saw 12 packs of both at the store today and I bought Punch but haven't tried it yet.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Smythe posted:

there's nothing that evokes the sight, smell, and taste of a mid-90s non-chain video rental store more than Cactus Cooler does

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Cross-Section posted:

there's nothing that evokes the sight, smell, and taste of a mid-90s non-chain video rental store more than Cactus Cooler does

i have one memory of when i was a little kid at the park with my dad after a soccer game or something and there was a soda cart guy and my dad bought us both cactus coolers, cans, and it was hot and i was thirsty as hell and it was divine. thats prob the best (and only) Soda Memory i got in this dusty filing cabinet I call a brain.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

I was obsessed with Pepsi Blue back in 2003 and was so disappointed when it was discontinued. I just picked up a six pack seeing that it's back and can report: still pretty tasty. Super sweet though, obviously tons of sugar which hits different in my 30s.

My favorite high school "cocktail" was Pepsi Blue + vodka so I might have to buy a pint for nostalgia next weekend.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

If you see a soda called Ting, I would suggest purchasing and drinking some.

Ting owns.

My favourite soda though, also from Caribbean stores, is Peardrax. I can absolutely take a huge bottle of it down in one sitting.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Did anyone ever drink Soda Shaq? It was a Shaquille O'Neal collaborative soda or something, his face was on it anyway.

I only saw it around for a year or so, and it was loving great and then it was gone and I still miss it whenever I am in a gas station. It was far better than it had any right to be. Starting to feel like I hallucinated it all, except there are results for it online.

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

Smythe posted:

Friend you have some good as hell coworkers, I miss the hell out of Cactus Cooler. I wonder if I can get it at one of the soda pop up stores...

I brought a Guarana Antarctica to work today and the warehouse guy was like "oh poo poo I love that" so I made him happy for the day.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

aniviron posted:

Did anyone ever drink Soda Shaq? It was a Shaquille O'Neal collaborative soda or something, his face was on it anyway.

I only saw it around for a year or so, and it was loving great and then it was gone and I still miss it whenever I am in a gas station. It was far better than it had any right to be. Starting to feel like I hallucinated it all, except there are results for it online.

my ex-wife loving loved the stuff. we were friends with the manager at a 7/11 & we had her ordering a few cases a month that would just go directly to us because nobody would buy it off the shelf. "far better than it had any right to be" is an apt description.

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

When I roll, baby I roll DEEP
Baja Flash sounds extremely my poo poo. I was a straight fiend for that Pineapple Whip freeze they had at T-Bell last summer. Also the VooDoo flavor was pretty good and reminded me of a dreamsicle kinda.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Sangrita Blast was one of my favorite Dews but I understand that this is not a universal opinion.

aniviron posted:

It was good and yeah it sort of came and went pretty fast. It was made by the Arizona Tea people.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

Nikumatic posted:

rip rockstar boom you're the dreamsicle soda nobody else had the balls to make

apparently rockstar boom is BACK BABY for 2021 or at least so my debit card charges tell me after i blacked out from excitement and ordered a twelve pack through sheer force of will for creamy orange energy drinks

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Nikumatic posted:

apparently rockstar boom is BACK BABY for 2021 or at least so my debit card charges tell me after i blacked out from excitement and ordered a twelve pack through sheer force of will for creamy orange energy drinks

I really like the whip flavors of Rockstar. They were my gateway drug into energy drinks. It is my job to bring beverages to my game group and Monster has better deals usually so I end up getting those instead. I really enjoy the Monster Pacific Punch (NOT Pipeline Punch) but it's gotten so rare that I get Mango instead because it's half the price. Monster Gold is pretty good too strange enough.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

yo pipeline punch kicks rear end, who gives a poo poo about the flavor, it's name is about fisting

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

baja blast has been sighted, i repeat, the baja is loose

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

when that blast's in a can

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

BaconCopter posted:

yo pipeline punch kicks rear end, who gives a poo poo about the flavor, it's name is about fisting

I didn't realize that.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

BaconCopter posted:

baja blast has been sighted, i repeat, the baja is loose

all three bajas are in the wild and they're all fantastic, what is this sorcery

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
speaking as someone who tries to avoid drinking too much sugar these days, bah gawd!

will have to try the orange one.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!