Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Yeah I wouldn't be worried about developing a pass catcher if I was a ravens fan tbh they have a good history of that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Davis for 8MM seems like a pretty reasonable deal.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
He's probably getting more than that.

Metapod posted:

Yeah I wouldn't be worried about developing a pass catcher if I was a ravens fan tbh they have a good history of that

So good at it our WR coach got picked up as a head coach.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Davis would instantly be a top 5 Ravens WR of all time

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Philly getting him would be a dream scenario for me since we’d have a real life wr on the roster

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Well I guess I'm down on Corey Davis compared to most people and hell, chances are I'm really wrong

The other guy the Ravens are being linked to (and seems like a more realistic option) is Jamison Crowder who is likely being cut by the Jets, but I have no idea if he's any good and how he plays because honestly I don't think I've ever watched him. What do you guys say?

E: VVVVVVVVVVV I've seen some articles about him being cut because of his $10M salary but I'm not familiar with the Jets cap situation so yeah

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Feb 18, 2021

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I think there’s very little chance Crowder is being cut as the Jets have almost no receiving talent and he’s still a very good slot and presumably fits a Shanahan offense quite well.

His cap number is maybe a bit high but unless they try a lateral-ish move to sign JuJu, it’s way more likely he just signs an extension to lower the hit than anything else.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Diva Cupcake posted:

I think there’s very little chance Crowder is being cut as the Jets have almost no receiving talent and he’s still a very good slot and presumably fits a Shanahan offense quite well.

His cap number is maybe a bit high but unless they try a lateral-ish move to sign JuJu, it’s way more likely he just signs an extension to lower the hit than anything else.

The question is did the learn anything from letting Robbie go.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Sure it’s reasonable to wonder about Douglas’ player valuations but a big difference is that Robby was a FA and Crowder isn’t.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Projecting franchise tags.
https://theathletic.com/2395562/2021/02/18/nfl-franchise-tags-dak-prescott-allen-robinson/

quote:

Tag-and-trades could be more common this offseason as teams try to recoup some value for premier players they can’t afford.

Seven players seem like locks for tags if long-term agreements can’t be reached in the coming weeks: Dallas’ Dak Prescott, Chicago’s Allen Robinson, Detroit’s Kenny Golladay, Tampa Bay’s Chris Godwin, Carolina’s Taylor Moton, Cincinnati’s Carl Lawson and the Giants’ Leonard Williams.

That list is a sobering reality check for teams in the market for a No. 1 receiver, and it will have a trickle-down effect on the position in free agency. Meanwhile, the sense is that the top edge rushers will hit the market, which is a change from a year ago when four edge rushers were tagged.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Samuel and Davis are gonna get paiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Why did the titans not pick up Davis' fifth year option?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

They likely didn't view his production as worth ~$15m, which is absolutely fair. Doubly so considering they're going into this with roughly zero cap space.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

a neat cape posted:

He didn’t really put it all together productionwise until this year. He definitely played for that contract year lol.

To be honest I love what he did this season but he’d be my lowest priority of our main FAs. Jayon brown, Jonnu smith and Desmond king are all more important at this point imo. There’s been rumors about them targeting Marvin Jones to replace Davis which I would be thrilled with

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Jones to replace Davis in that offense would be a coup. Most of the production at a fraction of the cost.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
One thing we haven't been talking about much that's going to define this free agency is the cuts. Baltimore has a long track record of picking up cut guys over FAs because they don't factor into the comp pick formula but I'm sure everyone has caught on to that now. With the reduced cap cuts will be every where and the middle tier guys are likely going to have to sign cheap short term deals to try and recoup value down the road. The Athletic has this article on potential cuts that has some really attractive players on it. https://theathletic.com/2390793/2021/02/16/nfl-salary-cap-cuts-casualties/

Kyle Rudolph, Cameron Brate, Chandler Jones, and Zach Ertz all look real interesting off that list. That said, I think some of these guys are a long shot to be cut. None of Brandon Williams, Calias Campbell, and LJ Fort should get cut by Baltimore. Really hard to belief the Chiefs would dump both their 2 best o-lineman after what happened in the Superbowl.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Really hard to belief the Chiefs would dump both their 2 best o-lineman after what happened in the Superbowl.

I doubt they do either, but I think Schwartz is just gonna retire. Fisher, if they for some reason do let him go, I'd worry about signing since it'd be a medical thing where his achilles isn't healing correctly I'd have to think? Like poo poo, you can't watch the last professional football game to be played and think 'we're good here, we're fine.'

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I think the Bengals will sign Lawson to a long term deal but if they can't I'd say they are certain to franchise him.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

a neat cape posted:

They are a bad organization

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I fully expect the Chargers to come to a deal with Hunter Henry soon

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Metapod posted:

They are a bad organization

the poorly run Titans

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Time to TITAN UP our salary cap situation!!

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/carllawson55/status/1362569645459439623?s=20

Yup, Carl getting tagged.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Bummer I had hoped we'd get a crack at him.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
What's market price for Tyrell Williams coming off a torn labrum?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Not really surprising after 8 games in 2 years.
https://twitter.com/uSTADIUM/status/1362860399260016642

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Is there a way to sign him to a 1 game contract?

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
The best deep threat in history, huh

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

that's Ted Ginn

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

JJ Watt is deciding between the BIlls and Browns. You can't tell me otherwise

https://twitter.com/JJWatt/status/1363142721045753856?s=20

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Mystic Stylez posted:

that's Ted Ginn

I mean, it's gotta be Randy Moss, right?

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

Grittybeard posted:

I doubt they do either, but I think Schwartz is just gonna retire.

I've heard this in several places and I'm curious why. I mean he was having a bit of a down year even before the injury, but he still looked pretty good.

Has he given some indication he plans to retire that I missed?

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

thrilla in vanilla posted:

Who is more Alpha, Tyler boyd or tee Higgins?

Tyler Boyd can take over games from the slot, never drops anything, and has an insane catch radius. If he was faster, he'd be one of the biggest stars in the NFL

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Doctor Teeth posted:

I've heard this in several places and I'm curious why. I mean he was having a bit of a down year even before the injury, but he still looked pretty good.

Has he given some indication he plans to retire that I missed?

There were rumors/it was reported he lost a bunch of weight I think (?-not like I've seen the guy). Which would be a good thing to do if you had a back injury and were 320 lbs but horrible if you wanted to play right tackle in the NFL.

I'd love to have him back, just if there's anything to that I think he's kinda gone. And more power to him if so, he's got a ring and playing football isn't good for you.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

ozymandius1024 posted:

I mean, it's gotta be Randy Moss, right?

That was my first thought. Megatron would probably be second. Both guys were so tall on top of being incredibly fast when they hit top speed.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Dot-connecting
https://twitter.com/BurgundyBlog/status/1363863847568879625

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Terry McLaurin rules

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
"Positionless" players never work out and it's hilarious that teams keep talking themselves into it

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

DariusLikewise posted:

"Positionless" players never work out and it's hilarious that teams keep talking themselves into it

They always end up at safety of they stick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

DariusLikewise posted:

They clearly have value in today's game. Jamal Adams just got traded for multiple 1st rounders and he spends most of his time as a blitzing linebacker.