Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grundma
Mar 26, 2007

DOG controls your destiny. Seek out three items of his favor and then seek his shrine.
Why does it have you go to an odd page when you roll even and an even page when you roll odd?

I rolled odd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
i like even numbers

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
I rolled odd with my brain

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

know before Whom you stand

The Aleph's floating images condense into the glowing sphere that you hold cupped in your hands. You replace it in your backpack and look up.

You are standing on a weathered stone table in the middle of an overgrown garden. You know at once that you are not on your home world of Titan; the sky shimmers like purple velvet, and floating in it are a vast pale sun and clouds like goose-down. The garden's plants are like rambling roses, but with dark leaves and aromatic magenta blooms; they have invaded the lawns, climbed the crumbling walls and embraced the carved figures of fabulous beasts that sit scowling on pedestals. There is a gate of wrought iron set into the wall and through it you see sharp-peaked mountains and a grim fortress.

The gate opens; a procession enters the garden. The people are humanoid: small, with pale green skin, and green hair that rises in stiff spiral curls. They are wearing torn and dirty rags, but their leader has a fur-trimmed robe. With heads lowered they approach the stone table, and the leader begins a solemn prayer for the return of his people's champion. At the end of the incantation, he looks up - and his jaw drops in astonishment as he sees you.

Will you greet these people (turn to 251) or jump from the table and run out of the garden (turn to 323)?

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
that dude in front is definitely gonna gargle our dong if we wait here (251)

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
greet them. you are the champion now.

Grundma
Mar 26, 2007

DOG controls your destiny. Seek out three items of his favor and then seek his shrine.
It would be rude not to say hello. We should greet them

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
Kiss the little men

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

we do not flee from the little green men

The robed being interrupts your greeting. "You are confused, Lord," he says. "That is not surprising. We, the few remaining Feliti - the last of your people - have waited long ages for your return. Now we will prepare the Jewel of Sleep with which you will defeat our evil ruler."

The Feliti busy themselves plucking the purple blooms from the garden plants, while their leader, in a mystical trance, begins another incantation, his hands outstretched over the growing heap of blooms brought to his feet by the people. You are sure that he is reciting a magical formula, but you are not so sure you want to find out what it does.

If you decide to take out the Aleph and use its power to travel elsewhere in the Macrocosmos, turn to 365; if you would rather wait until the spell is cast, turn to 52.

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
52 I wanna hear them spell some stuff

caleb
Jul 17, 2004
...rough day at the orifice.
We can't leave until we figure out what these purple trance flowers are and if the "Jewel of Sleep" is actually just a really pretty bong.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Just butt chug that spell fam

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
stick around at least until the dick suckin starts (52)

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

This guy seems kinda feeble but I'll stay and watch his little spell

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

btw, if you run away from the feliti, they hunt you down and murder you

As the Feliti leader finishes his incantation, the heap of soft petals begins to glow. "Now we must wait until night," he says, "and then I will explain our plight. If I may say so, Lord, you look weary. May we refresh you?"

Without waiting for your reply, he orders several of the Feliti to bring you sweetmeats and wine. You taste the food; it seems wholesome.

"We will leave you now, Lord," says the robed Feliti, "and I will return after dark to speak with you. Have no fear. The eyes of the Tyrant cannot penetrate the thickets of the Eternal Garden."

You decide to follow this advice and concentrate on eating (restore up to 4 points of Stamina). When you look up from your meal, the sky is darkening - and in the place where there was a heap of flowers there is now only a glittering gem. The Jewel of Sleep has been created. You pick it up and see that it is a hollow crystal containing a purple liquid.

If you want to take it and then use the Aleph to travel away from this world, note the Jewel on your Adventure Sheet and turn to 365. If you wait in the garden, turn to 334.

Grundma
Mar 26, 2007

These guys seem cool let's hang out and party with them

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
these guys seem like they will smoke you out if you hang around so do that

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
yeah these feliti folks seem alright

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
we 100% guaranteed have a chance to steal the jewel right now though

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
it seems like they want us to fight someone, which will attract the attention of On the spectrum stalkers, but in the books combat system are there rewards for winning fights, will we get loot or level up?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i thought it was spelled "fellatii"

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

we choose to spend a night with the fellinis

In the dark the garden is an eerie place. The statues seem to be watching you; the fragrance of the flowers is overwhelming. You decide to leave, but at that moment the robed Feliti appears at the gate.

"We were once a proud and populous people," he says as he walks into the garden, "with many fine cities and palaces and parks. Now all is waste, and only this garden survives. But the centuries of watching and waiting were not wasted - because you have arrived to save us. Go now, in darkness: my poor accursed people hunt in their animal forms only in daylight, so you will be safe from them until dawn. Go to the Tyrant's castle, find him and kill him, and release the Feliti from his curse."

Will you go to the Tyrant's castle (turn to 379) or use the Aleph to leave this world (turn to 365)?

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010
Go to The castle 379

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
Let’s go and steal a castle

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
this machine kills tyrants

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
no one good resides in a castle, kill the thing.

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

One lonely light shines in the castle's tallest tower. As you approach the chasm which separates the mountain road from the sheer crag on which the castle rises, you ensure that your footsteps are silent. But as you reach the lip of the precipice a drawbridge descends from the opposite side; candlelight flickers in the archway of the gatehouse and a voice invites you to enter.

The castle is empty, its richly-furnished rooms thick with dust. You make your way to the topmost chamber and there you find the Tyrant: an aged creature, with the scaly skin of a lizard, clutching a broken staff.

"Do not fear me, Champion," he says. "My power is long since spent. I have been waiting here for centuries and I welcome the end of my boredom. I beg just one boon before you strike me down: show me, I pray, the means by which you came here."

The Tyrant kneels before you on creaking legs, and bows his head in submission. You take the Aleph from your pack and hold it in front of him; his eyes flash silver light. "At last! Escape from this dreary place!" - and he lunges for the glowing sphere.

Roll three dice. If the total is less than, or equal to, your Skill, turn to 134. If the total is greater than your Skill score, turn to 16.

our skill is tragically low; we failed this check

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

You are too slow. The Tyrant plucks the Aleph from your fingers and immediately begins to disappear into it. You can only watch in horror as the sphere expands, and then contracts to a point - and disappears.

You have lost the Aleph. You are stranded on this barren world where, year after year, the dwindling Feliti bring offerings to your castle and perform half-forgotten rituals in their overgrown garden. You are the new Tyrant. Perhaps, after a few centuries, a new Champion will appear on the stone table in the Feliti garden...

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

THE END

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

we did it everyone

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
total victory

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
smooth move, ex-lax

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

the aleph has found its new master, the macrocosmos is saved

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
was that the end boss lol

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i had sex :smug:

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

using my own personal aleph, i can teleport us to a magical realm where we had better reflexes than the tyrant and didn't get our orb snatched

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
death before dishonor op

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

perepelki posted:

using my own personal aleph, i can teleport us to a magical realm where we had better reflexes than the tyrant and didn't get our orb snatched

i really feel as if the character should have seen it coming from a mile away

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

here is what might have been if we weren't such a bunch of un-coordinated goons

You succeed in snatching the Aleph from the Tyrant's grasping hands and run from the chamber and down dark spiral stairs. You hear the old creature blundering after you, muttering curses, and from the bottom of the tower you hear the echoes of doors slamming shut. The only way to escape is to use the Aleph: turn to 365.

this makes me laugh. there is no option to kill the tyrant; you either lose the aleph or you get the shits and hightail it out of there. the feliti are left to fend for themselves, and you even took their gem so they have no weapon left. they are never mentioned again. what happens to them? who cares!