Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Such Fun
May 6, 2013

That cosmic ferret is really cool!
Also, I think I’m kinda lost in the story. Is the narrative stepping outside of what happened before, or did I just completely miss something?

Also-also, we’ve talked in DMs a bit about our differences in colour perception, and how your comic can be rough to read if you’re photosensitive.
So there’s this thing called ‘night shift’ on my tablet, and now I can turn the brightness up a lot. I went back a few pages (hoping to understand the cosmic ferret) and was able to read much more relaxedly - and boy did I not pick up on a lot of stuff on the first read.

Like the codependency between Marie and Taylor. It’s pretty real in such an unreal world.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
We're stepping into a side narrative, at the end of almost every update phase, we have the Deal Maker give us visions of the future, and catch scenes of him floating in a void. We're now taking a step outside of what Marie is doing and seeing what's up with that. Just kind of letting the main narrative breathe for a bit while also letting me do a "soft" reboot, giving people a new jumping on point. We're gonna learn about our new friend and we're gonna learn what "perspective" the comic takes.

Such Fun
May 6, 2013

BRING IT ON!

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Now I'm tempted to change my LAB619 vote.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

The goon on the left is wondering how he got invited to the sweet tropical beach cookout with the songstress monk and all the other cool people, but also trying not to question it too much.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
B

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

How much of a fighter are we? And do we know anything about Ginn's abilities?

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

HBar posted:

How much of a fighter are we? And do we know anything about Ginn's abilities?

We are a monk, trained in hand to hand combat, and we do not know anything about Ginn's abilities, other then he's an adventurer, but one class right above Trainee.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

A. It's already a fight now whether we wanted one or not, and Uncle won't be able to run fast enough to get out of what he got himself into. Throw Ginn onto the barbecue or the barbecue onto Ginn if we get a chance.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Each page looks better than the last!

A, and then follow through on the floppy cock hood ornament threat

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
A

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Boba Pearl fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Jul 5, 2023

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
e: I can do better!

Boba Pearl fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Nov 6, 2021

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters

Boba Pearl posted:

e: I can do better!

You always say that, and I'm like huh, really? And then you do!!

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I can not stress enough how much fun it is to actually be making my comic. Like I've been working on this idea for what feels like forever, so to actually be doing it and improving loving RULES. I love just making poo poo, and I'm getting better at it. Anyones, weird Grim Dark stories are out, and Herbo Marie is in. Also, I actually liked Richard from looking for group, but hopefully I make a character that's actually likeable. The "Choose your own" aspect is what I think makes this so exciting, because we're kind of doing this together. It's all of our story.

ANYWAYS.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Yoooo, we hit 120k views since october, and I wanted to celebrate by sharing stats!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JjOs2KdLIZL4TPot22VZQ8pLV-FiE9pd9SpMiUK1SNQ/edit#gid=944013015

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Yes it's a reference...

Boba Pearl fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Nov 17, 2021

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Oh my god, I found the very first things I had ever drawn for what became Marie and The Adventurer's League, it was originally called "The Queen Dies At The End," and you can see some of the ideas I had now, this is one of the first things I had ever drawn, dating back almost a year ago. I'm posting this in both threads tbh, cuz I'm just so excited to see it's all still on github / discord.

Concept Art:

The first six pages:

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Those animations are amazing, it's incredible how you keep outdoing yourself.

In the old comics I like the little skull and lightning on the canteen door. Like, were they just fans of the aesthetic and enjoyed seeing it whenever they went to eat? Or were they anticipating infiltrators, and hoping to make them a little more apprehensive about the scary and intimidating canteen?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I really like the animation in this last part, it's used to great effect

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

HBar posted:

Those animations are amazing, it's incredible how you keep outdoing yourself.

In the old comics I like the little skull and lightning on the canteen door. Like, were they just fans of the aesthetic and enjoyed seeing it whenever they went to eat? Or were they anticipating infiltrators, and hoping to make them a little more apprehensive about the scary and intimidating canteen?

Ok funny thing, the gag if you picked the skull canteen was that it was filled with skeletons and milk.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Boba Pearl fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Nov 26, 2021

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

B seems like the least bad option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Just so it's clear. Whichever you choose will irreversibly change Jaina. There is no least bad!