Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ex Mods Poll Opinions (+current IK +current mod)
This poll is closed.
Relax or Die: i'll tell you what it is: posting theft 10 0.07%
ShallNoiseUpon: i have reported oddium for stealing posting valor i hope the moderators will sort this out post haste 14 0.09%
Cheetah7071: more like snoreson smells 18 0.12%
Oddium: no poll for solidarity with mobile users 36 0.24%
Metis: I promise never to interfere in poll results 15001 99.46%
Hmmmmmm. 4 0.03%
Total: 15083 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Mode 7 posted:

I have an interview for my dream job next week, arguably what I've been working towards for the last three years of my career, and now I am way too busy panicking screaming internally screaming externally frantically cramming poo poo into my brain so I don't fail the interview because I would have preferred this opportunity about six months from now preparing for it to game and that sucks.

Good luck Mode 7. More like Mode 8 once you get the job ha ha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Mode 7 posted:

I have an interview for my dream job next week, arguably what I've been working towards for the last three years of my career, and now I am way too busy panicking screaming internally screaming externally frantically cramming poo poo into my brain so I don't fail the interview because I would have preferred this opportunity about six months from now preparing for it to game and that sucks.

I feel you. I've been interviewing for the last couple months, I got to the final round at a couple places that I thought would be a good fit, but they went with someone with more experience in that particular field. I'm now on the last step of interviewing for a position I think is perfect to help me transition to the role I want to be in, I have the final interview next week, but just waiting and not knowing how it'll end is pretty stressful.

I find myself just sitting at my computer staring at my desktop, or pulling up a youtube video only to switch to SA or twitter or something halfway through watching it, can't focus on anything.

Also my cat Jack is pretty sick :smith: I got a bunch of blood work done but it all came back negative so its something potentially more serious. I'm taking him to get an ultrasound to try to determine if its inflammatory bowel disease or cancer or what, and this is all expensive and its money I don't really have as I'm currently unemployed, but if I can just lock down a job and get some income going again then I"ll feel way less stressed about it all. :sweatdrop:

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Dewgy posted:

How did Doom Eternal’s DLC turn out anyway? The PS5 upgrade is giving me an excuse to play it again and I’m kind of interested, but it’s $30…

I just YouTubed both of them. It looks mostly like Just More Doom Eternal except they make you fight a lot of Marauders so gently caress that poo poo.

Also the final boss and the story in general wraps up but goes in a really odd direction that I didn't really care for, but I guess it's fine.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

Just so you know khanstant, karl jobst is a bad person who associates with white supremacists and has some pretty terrible views such as being mad about how white people can't get away with saying the n word. This isn't me trying to pass judgement on you since lord knows there are plenty of awful people who make content people enjoy and it comes down personal preference on how much you can separate any given artist from their art, but I still think it's important to know who they are so you can make that call for yourself.

i originally called him the speedrun-cop but felt that was a mean comparison and changed it to gumshoe but apparently cop was the better analogy all alonge

Sarah Z all good though, right? There's a Homestuck followup video for some reason and oh boy the reasons lol. Hussie a busta

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Jul 1, 2021

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

mutata posted:

I just YouTubed both of them. It looks mostly like Just More Doom Eternal except they make you fight a lot of Marauders so gently caress that poo poo.

Also the final boss and the story in general wraps up but goes in a really odd direction that I didn't really care for, but I guess it's fine.

Sounds like “wait for a sale” territory for me then. I think I’ll have my fill by the end of the regular campaign for now anyway, so all good. Plus, I got a copy of Yakuza Kenzan headed my way, so that should keep me occupied for a while.

Everyone be sure to thank me when they announce a port and translation in two weeks, by the way. :haw:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Dewgy posted:

Sounds like “wait for a sale” territory for me then. I think I’ll have my fill by the end of the regular campaign for now anyway, so all good. Plus, I got a copy of Yakuza Kenzan headed my way, so that should keep me occupied for a while.

Everyone be sure to thank me when they announce a port and translation in two weeks, by the way. :haw:

Yeah I think so. I loved the base game but I only sorta enjoyed the 1st DLC and haven't had the time to play the 2nd. (And I think the Eternal thread agrees the 1st is better than the 2nd?)

They're not bad or anything, add new areas and enemies and whatnot so its nice if you want more doom. But I found the base game was already a pretty satisfying amount of Doom.

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

Mode 7 posted:

Same but in 10 minutes :staredog:
Good luck, you can do it!!

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Aaaaaaaa nier is so good

Just got to the desert tomb

Sooooo gorgeous

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Khanstant posted:

i originally called him the speedrun-cop but felt that was a mean comparison and changed it to gumshoe but apparently cop was the better analogy all alonge

Sarah Z all good though, right? There's a Homestuck followup video for some reason and oh boy the reasons lol. Hussie a busta

yea shes cool tho i kinda liked her shorter vids more aaa...

also im :eyepop: at the homestuck legal threats

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

also also yee my bday was yesterday!! 💃 too bad it was mega hot tho...

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It was the last thread now but anyone in this thread knocking Tay Tay will feel my wrath :colbert:

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Rarity posted:

It was the last thread now but anyone in this thread knocking Tay Tay will feel my wrath :colbert:

a comrade

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

wuggles posted:

Good luck Mode 7. More like Mode 8 once you get the job ha ha

Actually my new title would be Mode 7: HACKERMAN and I would expect everyone to refer to me as such.

Zaphod42 posted:

I feel you. I've been interviewing for the last couple months, I got to the final round at a couple places that I thought would be a good fit, but they went with someone with more experience in that particular field. I'm now on the last step of interviewing for a position I think is perfect to help me transition to the role I want to be in, I have the final interview next week, but just waiting and not knowing how it'll end is pretty stressful.

I find myself just sitting at my computer staring at my desktop, or pulling up a youtube video only to switch to SA or twitter or something halfway through watching it, can't focus on anything.

Also my cat Jack is pretty sick :smith: I got a bunch of blood work done but it all came back negative so its something potentially more serious. I'm taking him to get an ultrasound to try to determine if its inflammatory bowel disease or cancer or what, and this is all expensive and its money I don't really have as I'm currently unemployed, but if I can just lock down a job and get some income going again then I"ll feel way less stressed about it all. :sweatdrop:

Best wishes for you for your job hunting and I hope that Jack is going to be okay.

bovis posted:

Same but in 10 minutes :staredog:
Good luck, you can do it!!

You got this bovis, smash that interview.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
btw, FTL is nearly a decade old

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Also shout out to the poster who repped Marina. She's been a fave ever since I saw her play in front of about 30 people when she was first starting out

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Laughed tremendously hard at the op post. :)

Also last night I decided to boot up Destiny 2 again for the first time in about 8 months and everything is different, but still fantastically enjoyable. The cosmodrome was my favourite thing about struggling with the first game on console and the EDZ never really did it for me - so being able to actually go through that area with a decent control method felt superb :D

I just felt like playing some comfort gaming and Peggle was downstairs.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Persona 4 Gold Edition chat:

Yooo Marie seems awesome so far?? She’s a poetry dork??

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

VideoGames posted:

Laughed tremendously hard at the op post. :)

Also last night I decided to boot up Destiny 2 again for the first time in about 8 months and everything is different, but still fantastically enjoyable. The cosmodrome was my favourite thing about struggling with the first game on console and the EDZ never really did it for me - so being able to actually go through that area with a decent control method felt superb :D

I just felt like playing some comfort gaming and Peggle was downstairs.

Yeah I pop into crucible from time to time, Destiny has major flaws but its still Bungie FPS, so there's a lot about it that does feel really good.

But goddamn, returning to Destiny 2 after a few months of inactivity is basically like returning to FFXIV after you missed a major patch or expansion.

The quests I was working on are gone, the meta is totally different, and I'm being bombarded by 5 new questlines which the game forcibly loads me into first thing, before I can get my bearings, which I probably won't even end up completing before the next patch removes them.

I just wanna play crucible man.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Rarity posted:

Also shout out to the poster who repped Marina. She's been a fave ever since I saw her play in front of about 30 people when she was first starting out

i got to see her live in 2019 and she was sooo good. she's gonna be touring near me next year so i'm gonna be doing everything i can to see her again. marina ftw, she's been my favorite for so long

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

sharrrk posted:

i got to see her live in 2019 and she was sooo good. she's gonna be touring near me next year so i'm gonna be doing everything i can to see her again. marina ftw, she's been my favorite for so long

From 2009-2012 I saw her live every chance I could get so I've seen her 8 times. Thought about getting a ticket for the new tour but they're £125 so no thank you :suicide:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Booky posted:

also also yee my bday was yesterday!! 💃 too bad it was mega hot tho...

happy birthday!!!!!!

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Rarity posted:

:rolleyes: okay grandma

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah I pop into crucible from time to time, Destiny has major flaws but its still Bungie FPS, so there's a lot about it that does feel really good.

But goddamn, returning to Destiny 2 after a few months of inactivity is basically like returning to FFXIV after you missed a major patch or expansion.

The quests I was working on are gone, the meta is totally different, and I'm being bombarded by 5 new questlines which the game forcibly loads me into first thing, before I can get my bearings, which I probably won't even end up completing before the next patch removes them.

I just wanna play crucible man.

I just play PvE stuff in zones and find lost sectors and do events and patrols. I am the wrong demographic for keeping the game alive in that I do not do any of the PvP stuff but I am glad it exists so I can keep zipping around in the cool environments because they really are gorgeous to look at.

I always wonder if I would have liked Halo if I had played it on PC. I did not like Halo 1 on xbox and it was a real struggle to do anything, so I never played any of the others.

Destiny 2 though is such a great game and feels great to play as. One thing that is confusing me is that I do not remember being able to jump this high. Did they increase the jumping abilities? I feel like I fly now.

Also Marina is ace and I listen to her first two albums allllll the time. :D If she has a new one I must listen!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It's such a banger :swoon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3pB-cemD9M

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

VideoGames posted:

I just play PvE stuff in zones and find lost sectors and do events and patrols. I am the wrong demographic for keeping the game alive in that I do not do any of the PvP stuff but I am glad it exists so I can keep zipping around in the cool environments because they really are gorgeous to look at.

I always wonder if I would have liked Halo if I had played it on PC. I did not like Halo 1 on xbox and it was a real struggle to do anything, so I never played any of the others.

Destiny 2 though is such a great game and feels great to play as. One thing that is confusing me is that I do not remember being able to jump this high. Did they increase the jumping abilities? I feel like I fly now.

I dunno, like I said I at least find crucible easy to pop in and out of. The stuff they're constantly changing and pushing new content in is actually on the PvE side, not the PvP side.

But there's just too much stuff to do every week, to keep grinding out your light level, its like a job.

Halo always felt better on xbox than PC to me, although the modern Master Chief Collection has finally (after years of 343i patching it) gotten to the place where its the ideal way to play all the halo games. Very easy to get into, pretty fun co-op gameplay. (Although online co-op can be spotty sometimes)

Nah they didn't change jumping, Destiny has always had crazy jumping. Some of the raids even have platforming challenges (which some players hate). But there are different jump abilities, so patches may have shifted your default jump to the one which gives you more vertical boost?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I have been mostly playing games where the jump is chest high (Dark souls, sekiro, TLOU, AssCreOdy) so perhaps it is a combination of not playing an FPS for a while and not remembering what it used to be like.

Listening to the first song and it utterly whips :D

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzG8Sty9veI

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

Rarity posted:

:hai:

Mode 7 posted:

You got this bovis, smash that interview.

Thank you so much! I think it went pretty well and the guy seemed pretty positive in the end so I'm hoping for good news for a second round! :D

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Zaphod42 posted:

Oh noooo

Please keep us updated. If the issue is more serious then I'm sure they'll have some way for you to get proper treatment.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I’m hype as poo poo for Taylor’s rerelease of Red that’s gonna have that 10 minute long All Too Well on it, that’s gonna own

All I have to contribute to the other pop star chat is that I had an ex girlfriend named M A R I N A but she stylized it differently

Jay Rust posted:

Hey we’re playing this one at the same time. Sorta. I had it on the burner the whole time you were playing P5 and just beat the first boss last night so you’re probably going to blow past me

Zaphod42 posted:

Thoughts and prayers to Jack the Cat :unsmith:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
If you love Taylor and haven't already done it you need to check out Olivia Rodrigo. Her first album is hyyyype

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNi_6U5Pm_o

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

Really did not like Folklore so I didn't bother listening to the followup, I'll just wait for the inevitable return to pop

mutata posted:

The first DLC does a great job of ramping things up from where the base game left off, really had my adrenaline going. If you like the core gameplay of Eternal it's definitely worth it. But yeah if you hate marauders there's a fair bit of them, in harder configurations. And the boss battles in both DLC kind of suck (and for the record I enjoyed Icon of Sin even if it dragged on a little), especially how anticlimactic the final boss of 2 is. It's not a particularly hard fight, but since he heals a ton of health when he hits you, it's a matter of repeating the same thing until you can get 3 perfect cycles in a row.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Rarity posted:

If you love Taylor and haven't already done it you need to check out Olivia Rodrigo. Her first album is hyyyype

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNi_6U5Pm_o

No worries my fiancée blasts O-Rod 24/7

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I bought a game on steam called banner of the maid.

It is a strategy rpg about playing as napoleon's sister pauline in the french revolution and pauline has magical powers or something

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

FirstAidKite posted:

It is a strategy rpg about playing as napoleon's sister pauline in the french revolution and pauline has magical powers or something

Let me know how it is. I keep thinking about getting it on the Switch but I'm not sure.

TheRecogScene
Aug 22, 2010

I'm gonna miss you when you're gone.

Jay Rust posted:

I remember liking Marie a lot when I played golden around the time it first came out. I also really liked Fuuka in Persona 3. These are both wildly unpopular opinions but I refuse to let go of them.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

hidden gem on steam spotted.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Streets of Rage 4 DLC is out in two weeks baby! And it's only 8bux!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPpJrZGeOUg

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

FirstAidKite posted:

I dunno, it's no Thermidor...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
In other gaming news I saw the trailer for Nirvana Initiative drop and I'm pretty excited for that to come out in 2022.