Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Archer666 posted:

Joe Biden walks onto stage, looking stonefaced. Opens his mouth "Killing world leaders is cool. I want to die". Everyone applauds.

drat this got me kind of horned up, ngl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

kntfkr posted:

edit: ^^^^ how was the bog?

It was about an 8/10 i would say

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Not a single Wyclef Jean joke. He really fell off.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Sunswipe posted:

He's the reincarnation of a 17th century Buddhist monk, you racist.

That 17th century buddhist monk must have hosed up really badly to get reincarnated as Steven Seagal.

bad guy
Jun 20, 2021

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

you first. i already know all the good wyclef jean haitian president assassination jokes but i need to check to see if you do, too.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

:rip:

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
does canada have a DEA, i bet it was them

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
You can't spell "dead" without "DEA", and you can't spell "assassin" without "rear end" and "rear end" :tinfoil:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Assinassate this man

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Smugworth posted:

I nominate will.i.am for president

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

gently caress why did I think it was will.i.am of the black eyed peas and not wyclef jean who was Haitian??? I'm so loving STUPID aughghbhhhh

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

OMFG FURRY posted:

i think thats the mounties

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

They did say that the perimeter was covered in horse poo poo and hoof prints :thunk:

DEA centaurs maybe??

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I heard they caught the guy.

hope he doesn't incriminate HRC because she didn't even do nothing

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

So the article I read said they were professional mercenaries but it's still unclear under who's employ.

I'll bet you anything this isn't political and the guy wasn't paying out to narcos like he was supposed to, but even then it'll be 'minor' in comparison to true central/southern American activity stuff and people will go 'really?'.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Big Beef City posted:

So the article I read said they were professional mercenaries but it's still unclear under who's employ.

I'll bet you anything this isn't political and the guy wasn't paying out to narcos like he was supposed to, but even then it'll be 'minor' in comparison to true central/southern American activity stuff and people will go 'really?'.

I hired them but I thought I had sent them after you sorry I was really drunk

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Big Beef City posted:

John McAfee's dead man switch has activated his crypto funded assassins, the world will be spun into chaos!!!!

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Mooey Cow posted:

It was about an 8/10 i would say

hmmm about bog-standard

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

You know what's not funny is that the mess Haiti is in is directly related to American and other colonial interests perpetually destroying the country and plundering its resources. Someone should do something.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

You know what's not funny is that the mess Haiti is in is directly related to American and other colonial interests perpetually destroying the country and plundering its resources. Someone should do something.

A.) I don't care.
B.) What if the people of Haiti democratically decided to surrender all land and assets, and any future claim to sovereignty to a foreign power in exchange for peaceful rule and the infrastructure that would come from simply being a member of a first or second world state? i.e. the people vote to surrender to the UK and are accepted and given the benefits expected of a full member of that country, etc? Or, say alternatively they do the same with Russia or China?

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Big Beef City posted:

B.) What if the people of Haiti democratically decided to surrender all land and assets, and any future claim to sovereignty to a foreign power in exchange for peaceful rule and the infrastructure that would come from simply being a member of a first or second world state? i.e. the people vote to surrender to the UK and are accepted and given the benefits expected of a full member of that country, etc? Or, say alternatively they do the same with Russia or China?

That's why the colonial powers kept loving them over, to force them to do this.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

OMFG FURRY posted:

DE-Eh

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Big Beef City posted:

What makes you think any 1st or 2nd world country would want them? You can't just vote to join someone.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

titty_baby_ posted:

What makes you think any 1st or 2nd world country would want them? You can't just vote to join someone.

Case in point, Turks and Caicos has repeatedly voted themselves to be a Canadian Province and Canada has gone thanks but no thanks

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

bunnyofdoom posted:

Case in point, Turks and Caicos has repeatedly voted themselves to be a Canadian Province and Canada has gone thanks but no thanks

https://www.amazon.com/Hes-Just-Not-That-Into-You-audiobook/dp/B0006NH9BO/

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

titty_baby_ posted:

I understand this.
I'm operating under the assumption some sort of deal being already on the table.
Or perhaps even just the idea of 'Would you guys be ok if we just surrendered to X if they'd have us' type of referendum to test the waters

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Idk what any foreign country gets out of Haiti with adoption that they can't just get thru normal exploitation

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

titty_baby_ posted:

Idk what any foreign country gets out of Haiti with adoption that they can't just get thru normal exploitation

Well I view the world as a literal Risk board so more is better obviously there's no thought experiment involved in my question or reason to ponder it bing bong so simple really thnka u for ur imput

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

More imperialism isnt the answer. Giving them back a fraction of what was stolen to leadership they self-determine is a good start.

bad guy
Jun 20, 2021

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

i think that's funny.

bad guy
Jun 20, 2021

the big earthquake was over a decade ago and they still haven' t rebuilt because of mutually beneficial corruption and incompetence on the part of hatian elites the UN and western powers so when covid hit they were largely protected because most of the old people were dead already and everyone was living outdoors basically anyway. as a bonus some dudes could just walk into the president's house and murk him so what i'm saying is i think americans could learn a thing or two from haiti.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Colonel Cancer posted:

They did say that the perimeter was covered in horse poo poo and hoof prints :thunk:

DEA centaurs maybe??

Noble centaurs would never join the DEA.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

bad guy posted:

i think that's funny.

drat that's hosed up.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Noble centaurs would never join the DEA.

:smugbert:

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

People need to mock "Oops, all male" fantasy/sci-fi races as much as they mock the "Oops, all evil" trope.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Yaldabaoth posted:

People need to mock "Oops, all male" fantasy/sci-fi races as much as they mock the "Oops, all evil" trope.

You're right, the all female ones are ok.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

All gay alien race

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

I was hoping this would be the reply.

Bright was not a good movie but I enjoyed it.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Meme Poker Party posted:

You're right, the all female ones are ok.

I mean it is easier for female lifeforms to reproduce without males than the other way around because they have all the equipment needed to make a baby.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Yaldabaoth posted:

Cops aren't a race but you do have to be evil to qualify for that class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Yaldabaoth posted:

I mean it is easier for female lifeforms to reproduce without males than the other way around because they have all the equipment needed to make a baby.

Ah yes we need more fantasy races that are all nubile plate bikini wearing female presenting people.

That's a very backwards way to look at it imo, you need to step away from a gender binary entirely especially in sci-fi/fantasy.