Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Patch notes 7.30:

dota2 integrated into steam deck

added new $15,000 tier to battlepass, u get sock worn by gabe himself sent to u in the mail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
The next arcana should include some of gaben's BUDK knives irl

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Tenkaris posted:

Still laughing at the guy who is so bothered by OG that he hasn’t watched True Sight in 4 years

thats me

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

What's it like being a big baby

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
yeah not watching true sight is honestly kinda bitch made

youre missing out on the chalice lore dude

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

We’re 100% seeing Steam Deck Dota at TI and Dendi will be demoing it while wearing a pufferfish mask and when he hits a hook he’ll rip the mask off and make a silly face

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I want a steam deck to do my ff14 dailies in bed

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

Hey friend, I think you should give them a shot! Hope you’re doing well otherwise :)

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Tenkaris posted:

Hey friend, I think you should give them a shot! Hope you’re doing well otherwise :)

alright ill watch the first one - i forgot they were an hour

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

the true sights good bc you get to see why kuro lost bc he cant figure out what to do and just tells his team to copy the other team.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

my first impressions are:

jerax owns
ive underestimated cebs coaching
remember nahaz - hes on the finals panel at a TI

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

Yeah Ceb is very good at still basically being the coach between games, and he really can speak with passion. Sucks he’s not the most awesome guy all the time but I can see the value he brings to the team.

And yes, Jerax owns.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

RisqueBarber posted:

remember nahaz - hes on the finals panel at a TI

:mad:

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I want a steam deck to do my ff14 dailies in bed

keep doing that and you'll go blind.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
It is wild that Ana was the best carry 2 years in a row (only at TI tho) and then came back to crash and burn and then retire lol

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

It is wild that Ana was the best carry 2 years in a row (only at TI tho) and then came back to crash and burn and then retire lol

I didn't catch any of his games actually this time, went too fast. Was it really bad or just kinda bad?

ZionestLord
Jan 9, 2010

Ravus posted:

I didn't catch any of his games actually this time, went too fast. Was it really bad or just kinda bad?

it was only kinda bad imo, the game moved away from the carries he liked playing too I think

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

ZionestLord posted:

it was only kinda bad imo, the game moved away from the carries he liked playing too I think

it wasn't bad, but it was clear his heart wasn't in it and he wasn't current with any of the meta. I think in the first game they lost he was PL, bought a shard, used it immediately to see the effect and then like twenty seconds later he got caught and killed. Had that not been on cooldown, it would have been a different story. it indicated to me that nOtail was like "get the shard" and he had no idea what to do with it.

edit: also patch when? I'm watching a monkeys_forever stream and he has axe with manta/shard and he's split pushing two lanes with illusions and the entire wave dies in 3 sec. It's stupid and bad. Illusions should proc the counter helix animation but do no damage.

Super-NintendoUser fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jul 16, 2021

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

ZionestLord posted:

This is, from my experience, what kills most people's interest in the game. They've got a pool of heroes they love to play but then they're just not good in a certain patch you just say "ehhhh I'll wait for a new one" but then time between patches is so long that you don't bother coming back. I know three of my friends are like "I'll play dota again once the patch hits, I don't wanna bother learning new heroes and grinding out a bunch of losses just for things to change again" and that was three months ago

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm rewatching True Sight 2018 now because of the thread and lmao I love how dismissive LGD are of everything OG does after the first game.

Like it's completely unfathomable to them that they're just getting outplayed/outdrafted and rather than try to figure out what they need to change they just keep coming up with excuses.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Don't forget changing his name to humblegod too

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm rewatching True Sight 2018 now because of the thread and lmao I love how dismissive LGD are of everything OG does after the first game.

Like it's completely unfathomable to them that they're just getting outplayed/outdrafted and rather than try to figure out what they need to change they just keep coming up with excuses.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Sab669 posted:

Yeah this owned.

Also to be fair to LGD

they did win the following 2 games after that first game lmao.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Sab669 posted:

Wasn't it just his steam name at the time and he didn't know it would stick once he got registered to DPC?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
i thought lgd played better than OG most of those games, but Ana outcarried Ame hard, there was that one Arc Warden game, and that PL with the 4s dopplewalk talent. I was there and thought they had it when they were so far ahead in game 4.

underrated great finals.

somehow never got around to watching True Sight but I'll fix that this weekend.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Arzachel posted:

Wasn't it just his steam name at the time and he didn't know it would stick once he got registered to DPC?

That I'm not aware of.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Pamela Springstein posted:

i thought lgd played better than OG most of those games, but Ana outcarried Ame hard, there was that one Arc Warden game, and that PL with the 4s dopplewalk talent. I was there and thought they had it when they were so far ahead in game 4.

underrated great finals.

somehow never got around to watching True Sight but I'll fix that this weekend.

Yeah the vibe around the arena and press area after game 3 was that PSG LGD had it in the bag for free. And it was almost the case too. That game 4 was wild

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Arzachel posted:

he literally registered on the dpc site as humblegod lol

and then changed it back to Ana once they started losing

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

This is, from my experience, what kills most people's interest in the game. They've got a pool of heroes they love to play but then they're just not good in a certain patch you just say "ehhhh I'll wait for a new one" but then time between patches is so long that you don't bother coming back. I know three of my friends are like "I'll play dota again once the patch hits, I don't wanna bother learning new heroes and grinding out a bunch of losses just for things to change again" and that was three months ago

Yeah it feels pretty bad, you've only got time to get half-decent on a few heroes and when they're all trash it's hard to want to play. But hey I finally picked up Luna (gonna get stone-aged lmao). Time well spent!

ZionestLord posted:

Fair... actually I don't think any of his mains have been meta lately have they? ty.

True Sights are all amazing, watch them.

edit:

he literally registered on the dpc site as humblegod lol

and then changed it back to Ana once they started losing

Should have gone full-man mode and switched to humbledgod.

Ravus fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Jul 16, 2021

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

One funny thing I've noticed is that anyone who isn't absolutely committed to grinding MMR have collectively said "this patch sucks" and now every streamer is slowly converting to custom games and ability draft

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

between Animajor and all the qualifiers, this patch has been thoroughly solved and needs some freshening up. it always happens after a TI but it happened earlier this year.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Pamela Springstein posted:

between Animajor and all the qualifiers, this patch has been thoroughly solved and needs some freshening up. it always happens after a TI but it happened earlier this year.

Notail Chen

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I mean, they didn't use it at all in the grand finals and instead went back to just normal drafts with meta heroes. Plus, those were still just quals. Does a Chen look as good as it did if OG were playing against like, EG or something? Same could be applied to the WW pick - it looked insane two games but then by the third OG looked like they had figured it out

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

I could not care less how many viable 5s there are when it's Axe/Lina/Luna/TB every game

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Nigma beat the Notail Chen in the loser finals and then they never picked it again

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Kild posted:

the true sights good bc you get to see why kuro lost bc he cant figure out what to do and just tells his team to copy the other team.

The bit where he tells MC to play more like Ceb was just loving brutal. Like maybe (probably) he meant it in a different way, but when it came out, it came out really, really wrong

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

It’s weird, the Chen games were all about stacking crazy amounts of camps, then they didn’t do that in the later series hardly at all

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Tenkaris posted:

It’s weird, the Chen games were all about stacking crazy amounts of camps, then they didn’t do that in the later series hardly at all

Teams are subject to becoming sloppy in a best of 5

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Yeah that was one thing I noticed at the time too. It was like, early kills and laning don't matter at all so long as you can do a million stacks, but both teams were applying a lot of laning pressure and they just never got around to stacking because of all the rotating and lane defending

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

the first Chen game was probably an outlier. no one knew what they'd do with it