Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Yaldabaoth posted:

Sounds more like a really stupid anti-piracy scheme that you would expect from a dumbass like Kanye.

Nope. It's the next logical step from that one wu tang album that only one person can listen to. It's an album that NOBODY can listen to. It's genius.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The Walrus posted:

Nope. It's the next logical step from that one wu tang album that only one person can listen to. It's an album that NOBODY can listen to. It's genius.

He already did this it was called Yandhi.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

roomtone posted:

oh okay then. i didn't realise all that. please continue mocking the insane man for not realising trump is bad.

It’s not nice to call people w mental health issues “insane”. Hth

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

1redflag posted:

It’s not nice to call people w mental health issues “insane”. Hth

do you actually think given the point i was making that this is what i do, or was i writing a stupid sentence on purpose because that's what the attitude amounts to

after i posted i realised it isn't the mockery that actually bothers me about it, it's the sanctimony. nobody is allowed to cross the line of having bad politics, regardless of any and all circumstances. i mean that is literally all we're talking about - it isn't about kanye really, but he's not a rapist, murderer, etc. he said some stupid things around the same time he was unbalanced enough that he was breaking into tears during what was supposed to be a campaign announcement. 'did you think about being responsible instead? also gently caress you!'

it isn't about kanye specifically, i don't even listen to him anymore so i'm not trying to defend kanye specifically. it's just a bunch of hypocritical sanctimonious and incoherent bullshit. be respectful of others mental health, unless they say bad political things, because that's more important, even though arguing about this poo poo doesn't change anything, just let me enjoying dunking on an obvious target.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

He wasn't saying that he's opposed to universal health care or had thoughts on budget reform. He endorsed a literal fascist. There's having bad politics and then there's endorsing a literal fascist. Who himself is also a rapist, by the way. So yeah, Kanye isn't a murderer or a rapist, he just thinks the raping murderer should be kept in power. You blowing the "people can't even disagree on politics" dog whistle is really just showing your own rear end here.

I'm sorry that you have such a hard concept with what is literally the first thing they tell you in therapy by the way, which is that even if you have mental illness your actions are still your own and you are not exempt from the consequences of them.

He knows that he has these issues. He knows. He chooses not to take the pills or go to a psychiatrist. He literally refuses to do so, despite having what are essentially infinite resources. It is no one's fault but his own at this point. Most of us probably used to think "oh man I hope he gets the help he needs." I know I did. But at some point when he keeps acknowledging the issues and then just refusing to address them, that empathy goes away.

I think the entire Kardashian family are scumbags who exploited him and Kim absolutely should have helped him instead of encouraging his bullshit, by the way. Maybe now that he's getting the gently caress away from them he will take the steps that only he can to get better. But I loving doubt it, man.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

roomtone posted:

do you actually think given the point i was making that this is what i do, or was i writing a stupid sentence on purpose because that's what the attitude amounts to

Lol, the irony; I was doing the same thing to you

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Vince MechMahon posted:

You blowing the "people can't even disagree on politics" dog whistle is really just showing your own rear end here.

this is so far from what i'm saying and so besides the point i regret posting at all. gently caress the convo!

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

roomtone posted:

this is so far from what i'm saying and so besides the point i regret posting at all. gently caress the convo!

We'll all really miss your Trump boosting pearl clutching.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
utter loving nonsense

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

roomtone posted:

utter loving nonsense

Turn on your monitor?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
now this is donda!

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

roomtone posted:

utter loving nonsense

Tell us more about how mental health issues someone is aware of and chooses not to treat despite having every opportunity to do so excuses fascism and that we're all bad for not giving Kanye a thousandth chance.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

roomtone posted:

after i posted i realised it isn't the mockery that actually bothers me about it, it's the sanctimony. nobody is allowed to cross the line of having bad politics, regardless of any and all circumstances. i mean that is literally all we're talking about - it isn't about kanye really, but he's not a rapist, murderer, etc. he said some stupid things around the same time he was unbalanced enough that he was breaking into tears during what was supposed to be a campaign announcement. 'did you think about being responsible instead? also gently caress you!'

it isn't about kanye specifically, i don't even listen to him anymore so i'm not trying to defend kanye specifically. it's just a bunch of hypocritical sanctimonious and incoherent bullshit. be respectful of others mental health, unless they say bad political things, because that's more important, even though arguing about this poo poo doesn't change anything, just let me enjoying dunking on an obvious target.

Why is the internet filled with people who are all "I don't give a poo poo about anything BUT DON'T YOU DARE MAKE FUN OF ANYBODY!!" and why do they only pop up whenever people are making fun of someone who's a complete poo poo heap?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

The Bloop posted:

The man is clearly deeply mentally ill

So am I but I still managed to not sink into fascism

The Bloop posted:

But he's also a gigantic moron

Again: also, but

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
More like Kanye Worst

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
I miss the kinda loveably deranged Yeezus-era Kanye.

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
I like tge song about i guy who shouldn’t have all that power

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

it doesn't really matter if an artist has bad politics, you don't have to take responsibility for the views of every artist whose work you consume, you have enough problems to deal with without completely internalising the moral weight of your consumption habits like they are actually meaningful actions that reflect on you as a person

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

Vince MechMahon posted:

He wasn't saying that he's opposed to universal health care or had thoughts on budget reform. He endorsed a literal fascist. There's having bad politics and then there's endorsing a literal fascist. Who himself is also a rapist, by the way. So yeah, Kanye isn't a murderer or a rapist, he just thinks the raping murderer should be kept in power. You blowing the "people can't even disagree on politics" dog whistle is really just showing your own rear end here.

I'm sorry that you have such a hard concept with what is literally the first thing they tell you in therapy by the way, which is that even if you have mental illness your actions are still your own and you are not exempt from the consequences of them.

He knows that he has these issues. He knows. He chooses not to take the pills or go to a psychiatrist. He literally refuses to do so, despite having what are essentially infinite resources. It is no one's fault but his own at this point. Most of us probably used to think "oh man I hope he gets the help he needs." I know I did. But at some point when he keeps acknowledging the issues and then just refusing to address them, that empathy goes away.

I think the entire Kardashian family are scumbags who exploited him and Kim absolutely should have helped him instead of encouraging his bullshit, by the way. Maybe now that he's getting the gently caress away from them he will take the steps that only he can to get better. But I loving doubt it, man.

how do you feel about people who endorse obama, who literally facilitated a genocide in yemen

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Wasn't this thread about Kanye? Did you forget about Ye?!

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Is Yeezus still living as the Phantom of the Stadium or what

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

ELTON JOHN posted:

how do you feel about people who endorse obama, who literally facilitated a genocide in yemen

Not as bad as I feel about lame whataboutisms from people who are too cool for punctuation and capitalization and unironically use "literally".

Caesar Saladin posted:

it doesn't really matter if an artist has bad politics, you don't have to take responsibility for the views of every artist whose work you consume, you have enough problems to deal with without completely internalising the moral weight of your consumption habits like they are actually meaningful actions that reflect on you as a person

It's also okay to decide on a per-case basis. It's not possible to only listen to music from artists who are perfect, but this is an extreme case. Other artists didn't run for president with the only goal (whether he realized it or not) to split off enough gullible people from the other side of his god and savior fascist best friend.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

i think that you never really liked kanye in the first place and you're just posturing

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Donda

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

Donda Mifflin

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

...wish your girlfriend was hot like me?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
take me home, donda road
back to the place i donda
donda donda
donda momma
take me home, oh donda road

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

I'm too donda for my shirt
Too donda for my shirt
So donda it huuuuurts!

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

ELTON JOHN posted:

Obama is a huge loving piece of poo poo and if you like him or Biden or any president or politician you're naieve and ignorant at best and just as bad as them at worst. I'm a (pretty radical) leftist, not a shitlib. But nice attempt at what aboutism bullshit. Real easy to see where you fall on Trump from this as well, you fuckin CHUD.

Caesar Saladin posted:

i think that you never really liked kanye in the first place and you're just posturing

Wanna see my vinyl collection? I've got everything up to Dark, Twisted Fantasy in there. I'd have Yeezus and Pablo too but he never released them on the format. gently caress off with this poo poo.

Vince MechMahon fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Aug 11, 2021

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
yeah bro?

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Bragging about owning an album produced in this century on vinyl is just bragging that you have enough disposable income to buy poo poo you don't need at Target.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Bragging about owning an album produced in this century on vinyl is just bragging that you have enough disposable income to buy poo poo you don't need at Target.

vinyl doesn't disintegrate in 20 years like harddrives and CDs

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Bragging about owning anything is stupid

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

"im a pretty radical leftist, now please be impressed by my purchases"

loving liberal.

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

Vince MechMahon posted:

Obama is a huge loving piece of poo poo and if you like him or Biden or any president or politician you're naieve and ignorant at best and just as bad as them at worst. I'm a (pretty radical) leftist, not a shitlib. But nice attempt at what aboutism bullshit. Real easy to see where you fall on Trump from this as well, you fuckin CHUD.

well yeah so as long as you apply the same standard to any artist who supports any politician no problem

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Vince MechMahon posted:

Wanna see my vinyl collection? I've got everything up to Dark, Twisted Fantasy in there. I'd have Yeezus and Pablo too but he never released them on the format. gently caress off with this poo poo.

Wow it sounds like you're more concerned with consumption of products than the actual music, its cool that you bought so much stuff for your room though, its a shame that its not cool to display in front of your friends anymore though

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Vince MechMahon posted:

jesus Christ almighty

Robin Williams
Aug 11, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I'd rather let Youtube or Spotify or Tidal take care of the things I buy with my money.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Donald Trump
Kanye West

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Lol at the only thing any of you have is the "ah but you still participate in society" meme. I buy vinyl instead of CDs cause they're roughly the same price and they have larger art. I'm not bragging about poo poo by the way, just trying to counter that idiots "no true Scotsman" bullshit about who does and doesn't count as a Kanye fan. Congrats to all of you not getting that, by the way.

ELTON JOHN posted:

well yeah so as long as you apply the same standard to any artist who supports any politician no problem

I choose on a case by case basis, exactly like that other guy said. This isn't a hard concept.