Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Archer666 posted:

Pretty sure if my apartment caught fire it'd be like a cancer-Chernobyl considering all the loving plastic I have.

https://twitter.com/PateraQuetzaI/status/1357072230971138050?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

I'm surprised no one said fetishes, yet.

For me, it's art supplies, old consoles and the carpal tunnel from using both.

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Skeleton keys
Sea glass
Christopher Pike books
Vintage Pyrex & Tupperware
An extremely obscure Wedgwood pattern
My silver pattern because I'm a white woman from the South
Boyfriends

Happy to share photos if anyone is interested. Maybe not of my boyfriends, tho.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Metaline posted:

Skeleton keys
Sea glass
Christopher Pike books
An extremely obscure Wedgwood pattern
My silver pattern because I'm a white woman from the South
Boyfriends

Happy to share photos if anyone is interested. Maybe not of my boyfriends, tho.

I’d be interested in seeing the Wedgwood. My mother and sister used to collect the Jasper Contan blue Wedgwood plates.

Gary Dupre
Aug 11, 2008

75PUP/37DNK
TCG/CCGs, RPG books, gundam models, and as many bad retro games as I can get my hands on.

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

I keep my kitty's whiskers when they fall out.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

TheMostFrench posted:

My torrents file is getting bigger each year so I guess I'm collecting malware.

oh if we can mention our pirate booty than i am quite the collector. over 10TB of copy written material i never paid for and never will pay for and growing every day

suck on that capitalism

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Gary Dupre posted:

TCG/CCGs, RPG books, gundam models, and as many bad retro games as I can get my hands on.

:cry:
goodbye The Trove

spooky ghost
Feb 11, 2020

Lipstick Apathy

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

Those are sealed :cool:

:actually:

I counted three.

As for me - I've got knives and Pokemon poo poo.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

:hfive:

e: the plastic bathtub is full of dice ducks

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
I compulsively collect vinyl records and I’ve only listened to like 30 of the ~500 I own. Some are first pressings and wrapped in sealed plastic though. All are things I have heard, though, I just haven’t put needles to them.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

As I've been doing some cleaning, here's another unintentional collection. I've got boxes of dev boards mostly arduinos, Pi's , fpga boards and whatnot. I keep thinking I'll make stuff with them but I never do. Though I do use them sometimes for testing.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Bone dice! I have some of those! And I have a bunch of the d6 inside a d6, but not the d10 version.

Just my unique ones. I've got two royal crown :canada: bags worth, but it's a pretty normal spread.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Aug 1, 2021

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Mister Facetious posted:

Bone dice! I have some of those! And I have a bunch of the d6 inside a d6, but not the d10 version.

Just my unique ones. I've got two royal crown :canada: bags worth, but it's a pretty normal spread.

dice must be platonic solids, these are unnatural :colbert:

The Hello Machine
Jul 19, 2021

I'm not a real machine, but I am a real Hello-sayer.
My own thoughts

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Forums Electronic MusiciaBRRRIIINGYIPYIPYIPYIP
I collect records! I have 590 of them, which becomes pretty dumb when you have to move anywhere and reize that your record collection is over 100 - 200 pounds and weighs down the back of your dad's car to the point where we have to ship them instead.

You can look at what records I have right here: FLOODIXOR RECORDS

I have pictures of some of the cooler ones but I'll add em later because I'm phone posting.

E: as an aside, I hadn't been to a record store in maybe 2 years and went back the other day, and what the gently caress, obviously corporations caught on to the resurgence of vinyl sales because everything is now at least 10 bucks more than it used to be. CRAP!!!

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Rutibex posted:

dice must be platonic solids, these are unnatural :colbert:
(The artificial prosthesis colored ones are OG D&D dice)

smh if you don't buy Gamescience dice to the exclusion of all others:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRzg_M8pQms
I bought my d5's from this guy.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

:munch:

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

I’d be interested in seeing the Wedgwood. My mother and sister used to collect the Jasper Contan blue Wedgwood plates.

It's Seander! Mid-century modern perfection.

I've only found two sizes of plates so far, all stamped in 1958. I only hunt in person, so when I find pieces in thrift stores and antique malls, it's like finding treasure. It's gonna take a long time to get a good set going, because the name just isn't familiar. Sure there's a bunch online, but that sucks the fun out of it, and then I wouldn't find poo poo worth lots of money like these fondue forks I spotted at an Ottawa Value Village!

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!
Painful memories

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.

Metaline posted:

It's Seander! Mid-century modern perfection.

I've only found two sizes of plates so far, all stamped in 1958. I only hunt in person, so when I find pieces in thrift stores and antique malls, it's like finding treasure. It's gonna take a long time to get a good set going, because the name just isn't familiar. Sure there's a bunch online, but that sucks the fun out of it, and then I wouldn't find poo poo worth lots of money like these fondue forks I spotted at an Ottawa Value Village!

I was just at a flea market today that had a whole little store that sold nothing but 50s kitchen stuff. Its on the NJ/PA border if youre ever that way.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Mister Facetious posted:

d10 in a d10 is great because it's really a d100, which sees some use. But as if I collect them to be useful. A lot of them I pick up because I liked the color or the non-typical writing.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Records

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

here are a few pages of lighthouse stamps. im not a christian grandmother i just like historic preservation and having an excuse to visit stretches of coastline ive never explored. that said my christian grandmother LOVES collecting these with me and i dare you to outwholesome that.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
How does that work, out of genuine curiosity? Do most lighthouses and such just all have personalized stamps ready for visitors?

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

not all of em, but a whole lot do. its a thing you have to ask for and most places know exactly what youre talking about.

https://uslhs.org/fun/passport-club

the list of all the current stamps is there, and there is no easy interactive map so figuring out where some of these places are and the best routes between them has a sort of pre-GPS road trip feel.

Space Robot
Sep 3, 2011

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

I have this sick T30 I got for $5 at a rummage sale. 768mb of ram and a p4. Nobody cares about blurring XP keys at this point, right?

My school had every student from seventh grade to senior year get one or those. I would end up getting a new one about every two years from 2001 to 2008, depending on how well I took care of them, which wasn’t very. We had these special cases with our names and the school logo stitched onto it that we carried them around in.

I still have the last one, but it’s banged up to hell, and I haven’t turned it on since around 2012. It had a virus on it from 2008, I’m not confident it would even turn on anymore.

I’m probably one of the few people that liked the weird red nubbin thingy.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Metaline posted:

This reminds me, I’ve got a buttload of vintage Corelle dishware in Spring Blossom Green in storage. Someone just gave me a decent collection years ago at a yard sale because they didn’t want it anymore. Over the years, I’ve bought a few more missing pieces and plenty of spares at thrift stores and antique malls, but have since stopped. And yes, I do have matching Pyrex pieces, too.

I oughta pull some of it out and start using it again.

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

Olde Computers which I often resell to try others, so the collection varies in size year to year.
Right now I am desperate for a high-end Mac System 7 machine and trying to sell two Powerbooks from that era that inexplicably won't do line-out sound.

Tomcat1944
Mar 31, 2004

Be at peace my friends
Some cool collections here. I've had a few phases where I've collected things. In latter high school it was Pez dispensers. Did Fountain Pens for awhile in the 00s.

About 2014 I got back in to retro gaming, and it was right before the "collecting / hoarding" really took off. I wasn't so concerned with getting "Rares" or "Holy Grails" but just getting a whole bunch of different SNES and NES games to play for fun. Could buy a ton of really cheap (a few bucks) games back then, or lots. The impetus for all that was stumbling across Game Sack's YouTube episode on the Sega CD. My cool 2nd cousin had one growing up and I always envied it. After a few months of collecting I finally found a Sega CD and loved how I could burn CD-Rs and play the whole library.

Eventually I would move to New Zealand and jumped in to collecting to Sega Master System games. I purchased a PAL Mega CD and bought an adapter for Master System games on Stone Age Gamer. Great times, again, led by burning CDs and getting a flash cart. I was able to get a decently sized collection, even a few of the rarer titles without spending too much. I've got a complete Golden Axe Warrior and Power Strike 1 + 2 loose. I eventually ordered from Japan a PC Engine and Sega Saturn, but for these I just went with a Everdrive for the PCE and a Hong Kong RAM Cart for the Saturn that allowed CD-Rs. I don't collect anymore unless I see a really cheap game that I don't have. The whole market has been ruined by the collectors and completionists and those hoarding thinking it'll be their retirement. I'd still love to get some more Game Boy games; whenever there are kids around (if Im looking after family members or what not) those are excellent distractions and they all love it.

I also got in to Vinyl, again just before it took off, and was buying albums I liked. That really got crazy in price in NZ when all the hipsters got in to it (and the boomers looking to buy back their old collections). So these days I rarely pick up anything for that.

I do collect books too. I'm big in to getting the Robert Heinleins particularly his Juveniles. I think I have one left and I've got them all. If I find them on the cheap Ill add them to my shelves. Can usually come across one for five bucks or less.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

CD-R's? Please, good sir, I am a collecting professional! I only collect originals!

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i used to collect twist ties (only nice sturdy ones) but my mom made me throw them out

guess what? sometimes you need a nice strong twist tie for something! thanks mom

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

TK8325 posted:

I keep my kitty's whiskers when they fall out.

I saved my dog’s puppy teeth

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Zesty posted:

d10 in a d10 is great because it's really a d100, which sees some use. But as if I collect them to be useful. A lot of them I pick up because I liked the color or the non-typical writing.

but where are your poker dice?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
We have the same big green d20

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Zesty posted:

We have the same big green d20

that particular die was a birthday gift. its lucky!

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

I collect all sorts of dumb poo poo. They're going to have a field day when I die.

My friend, Syd, had the largest collection of games in Canada and also had rooms and rooms and stuff like this. He also ran a computer museum out of building on his property. Syd passed away a few years ago the collection is now in storage while being transferred to a facility in Toronto.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-tdnHlpCco&t=60s

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Did Syd.... have syrup..... too...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).
Thimbles
Beanie Babies
Hummel figurines
Princess Diana commemorative plates
Wooden signs with pithy sayings about wine
Protection money from local shopkeeps