Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

orange juche posted:

Someone has found Groverhaus in it and flown a plane into it. There was a tweet about it

https://twitter.com/boldlybuilding2/status/1295870236080648192?lang=en

I always found this profoundly creepy, like this dude had to have known where it was for years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I always found this profoundly creepy, like this dude had to have known where it was for years.

It should have been an F-35 IMO.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

orange juche posted:

I'm pretty sure that's a plane you have to buy dlc for, and probably costs something dumb like $30-40.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

orange juche posted:

This too.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
North Jersey here. It’s raining inside my house. 4 years here and never a hint of a issue with roof, gutters, whatever. Tonight, steady drip from the header that supports the doorway from the kitchen to the dining room. It’s also the seam where an addition was put on the house 20 years ago. gently caress this weather.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

uhhhh

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

The address has been available on the internet at various times and places over the years though it doesn't stay up for long.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

:stonk:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

MA-Horus posted:

If corporations are people, can they be sentenced to death?

Purdue delenda est.

The corporate charter can be revoked.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I'm pretty sure that's a plane you have to buy dlc for, and probably costs something dumb like $30-40.

That would just be even more appropriate.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

The DC area got the craziest thunderstorm
I’ve ever seen as Ida came through overnight at like 3 am. I’m a pretty solid sleeper but I got woken up by what I can only describe as strobe lights in the sky. Just constant lightning and thunder for at least 45 minutes. Fortunately neither Lando nor Apollo are scared of thunder so they slept right through the whole thing.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Trevor Moore cause of death revealed https://youtu.be/HeEcEqHSI8k

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Midjack posted:

The address has been available on the internet at various times and places over the years though it doesn't stay up for long.

I also find this creepy.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

:gonk: :gonk: Jesus

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I also find this creepy.

It's not at all cool but when you have multiple other forums dedicated to harassing this one it's kind of inevitable. Plus there is adequate information posted in this thread to find it yourself with about 20 minutes of work.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Abortion is now illegal in Texas because they built a rube goldberg device complicated enough to make the conservative justices go "ehhhh let's not touch this thing yet"

https://twitter.com/fordm/status/1433283183957749761?s=19

Happy one week clippaversary to me. Not going completely smooth, but time to put the burden on men for a change.

Also, why "the Democrats are going to lose in 2022" is likely, but not a given. Everyone had abortion getting kicked next year, not now, so impossible to know what the midterms will be about.

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Sep 2, 2021

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Bet they smelled weakness due to Afghanistan, or want to hit Biden while he's reeling. OTOH, this is great get-out-the-vote material.

Kesper North fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Sep 2, 2021

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

facialimpediment posted:

Abortion is now illegal in Texas because they built a rube goldberg device complicated enough to make the conservative justices go "ehhhh let's not touch this thing yet"

https://twitter.com/fordm/status/1433283183957749761?s=19

Happy one week clippaversary to me. Not going completely smooth, but time to put the burden on men for a change.

Also, why "the Democrats are going to lose in 2022" is likely, but not a given. Everyone had abortion getting kicked next year, not now, so impossible to know what the midterms will be about.

I’ll note that Roberts is dissenting here. It’s a crock of poo poo and unconstitutional law on its face, but they’re gonna uphold it. Conservatives won and civil rights are going to take a huge backslide over the next decade or two.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

hypnophant posted:

I'm calling bullshit

unnamed source, no official confirmation from anyone, repeated in a million uncited stories but apparently originating from bloomberg, and most importantly there's no justification to give the CEO a clearance just because the company launches a classified payload

I'm not saying for sure he doesn't have one but this article isn't enough to convince me

I'm more convinced by shim saying this than that latimes article

I just linked the first story that came up on it. We discussed it here and in other places at length when it was going on. Hard not to imagine a guy directing a company that launches spy satellites for DoD / NSA has a clearance of some kind.

AP, dozens of other outlets coverage:

https://www.google.com/search?q=elon%20musk%20clearance%20&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1-m

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

davecrazy posted:

North Jersey here. It’s raining inside my house. 4 years here and never a hint of a issue with roof, gutters, whatever. Tonight, steady drip from the header that supports the doorway from the kitchen to the dining room. It’s also the seam where an addition was put on the house 20 years ago. gently caress this weather.

:smith::hf::smith: NNJ had lots of rain

hypnophant
Oct 19, 2012

That Works posted:

I just linked the first story that came up on it. We discussed it here and in other places at length when it was going on. Hard not to imagine a guy directing a company that launches spy satellites for DoD / NSA has a clearance of some kind.

AP, dozens of other outlets coverage:

https://www.google.com/search?q=elon%20musk%20clearance%20&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1-m

again, not saying he definitely doesn’t but every one of those articles is dated 3/7/19 and they all cite an anonymous source saying something they’re not authorized to say. it could be true but the credibility is very very low

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug
https://mobile.twitter.com/MundoEConflicto/status/1433287013839646720

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Nice! posted:

I’ll note that Roberts is dissenting here. It’s a crock of poo poo and unconstitutional law on its face, but they’re gonna uphold it. Conservatives won and civil rights are going to take a huge backslide over the next decade or two.

Well at least we’ll be able to register new machine guns under the NFA! :v:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
For added fun, Texas law prevents hospitals from quarantining covid patients now so they literally cannot keep visitors out of covid positive people’s rooms. The visitors always take off their masks when left alone.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

For added fun, Texas law prevents hospitals from quarantining covid patients now so they literally cannot keep visitors out of covid positive people’s rooms. The visitors always take off their masks when left alone.
Become ungovernable by killing off the governed

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Kesper North posted:

Bet they smelled weakness due to Afghanistan, or want to hit Biden while he's reeling. OTOH, this is great get-out-the-vote material.

Ah yes, because nothing has happened in the past year to make voting more difficult or certain votes less likely to count

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Pretty heavily regretting my plan to go see my mom next month, I don’t want to give Texas any of loving tax dollars.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Is it in bad taste to hope enough anti vax Trumpers die to offset the amount of people that Republican disenfranchising has effected?

Asking for a friend.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Bored As gently caress posted:

Is it in bad taste to hope enough anti vax Trumpers die to offset the amount of people that Republican disenfranchising has effected?

Asking for a friend.

No.

Mr. Nice! posted:

This is why.

They don't respect anyone enough to wear a mask, not even themselves, so you shouldn't have to, either.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Asking for a friend.

No.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Asking for a friend.

As long as your not hopping for the death of their kids or the innocent, no, it’s cool.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Asking for a friend.

gently caress no. Republican electoral policy right now is hoping that they motivate the base enough to outpace their COVID-related deaths, then loving with the system (gerrymandering/voting restrictions) as insurance.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

:toot:

https://twitter.com/EricTopol/status/1433430686241722379?s=20

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

The only shocking thing here is that Florida isn’t one of the three

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Mr. Nice! posted:

Does this now put them ahead of Florida in the stupidest fucks category

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
This fall of Rome speed run we are doing sure is something

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Everything is faster in the Internet age

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/healthinsider/status/1433120155740037120?s=21

https://twitter.com/healthinsider/status/1433120161624641546?s=21

Someone needed a cunning linguist for their proof reading.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

boop the snoot posted:

The only shocking thing here is that Florida isn’t one of the three
This may be because Florida is cooking the books. (but then so are a lot of countries around the world... it'll be interesting to see just how many "coincidental" excess deaths Russia had over this period, for example).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Cugel the Clever posted:

This may be because Florida is cooking the books. (but then so are a lot of countries around the world... it'll be interesting to see just how many "coincidental" excess deaths Russia had over this period, for example).

This is very much cooking the books. The Miami herald had an article the other day about how Florida health has changed how they report. Something about when it's reported versus when it actually happens, and picking which method looks better that day.