Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

StormDrain posted:

Anyone can go down to the Corvette store and get a Corvette, you have to be an enthusiast to drive that. It's neat!

That's part of why I never got into corvettes or muscle cars. Sure they're nice and all, but there's a million of the things and everyone caters to them, it's almost like cheating

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

One of the reasons I sold my challenger was they were everywhere. The celica is cool. FiL bought a C8 that was delivered last week and babied it for 500 miles until it was “broken in” and he drove it at full chat once and almost hit the kerb and now it sits in the garage until the dealer can see it as the suspension is bad you see.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

opengl128 posted:

I'm so broke brained. Huge showing at C&C this morning, and despite all the exotics this mint Celica was the standout for me

This rules. A chrome one was used in the Justice video for Fire: https://youtu.be/tkaEpUBUQDw

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

StormDrain posted:

Anyone can go down to the Corvette store and get a Corvette, you have to be an enthusiast to drive that. It's neat!

In this car market that perfect gen 1 Celica is probably worth more at auction than a new corvette haha

That thing really is mint though. Is it a 4 speed auto?

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

CerealKilla420 posted:

In this car market that perfect gen 1 Celica is probably worth more at auction than a new corvette haha

That thing really is mint though. Is it a 4 speed auto?

I think so since it has an OD button.

It's probably even wilder for me since up here in PA they all turned to dust decades ago. It's always a little weird when we go out west and see all sorts of cars I haven't seen back home since high school.

e: speaking of C8s, I really liked the color on this one:

opengl fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Sep 4, 2021

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

The Door Frame posted:

That's part of why I never got into corvettes or muscle cars. Sure they're nice and all, but there's a million of the things and everyone caters to them, it's almost like cheating

Any car someone cares for and maintains well is good. Cheat all you want, being a part of the hobby helps me too.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Speaking of nice C8 colors,

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Shang Chi slapped the loving poo poo out of me. Holy gently caress that was awesome, ditched all the yellow peril cringe from the comics and elevated it all to a new level.

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

opengl128 posted:

I'm so broke brained. Huge showing at C&C this morning, and despite all the exotics this mint Celica was the standout for me

I've always liked the older Celicas, my Dad bought an '83 when he got a bonus from a patent, then got an '87 after the first one rusted away. I learned to drive on that one, and later had a '96. I'm a bit partial. :3:

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Nothing like a good "I'm doing nothing today" day to reset your mind and enjoy a break.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

the spyder posted:

Nothing like a good "I'm doing nothing today" day to reset your mind and enjoy a break.

Just woke up from a nap. Can confirm.

I'm a big advocate of the four day work week. Every weekend could have a day like this. And I've actually done a bunch but it's nothing important, mixed in with porch sitting and couch lounging.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

StormDrain posted:

Any car someone cares for and maintains well is good. Cheat all you want, being a part of the hobby helps me too.

Truth. And I don't mean to gatekeep with that statement, people enjoying cars is great, regardless of scarcity or difficulty, it's just what's driven me personally towards rarer imports. I'll still admire USDM cars at a show or meet up, but a running, POS Mazda from the 70's will get my blood racing faster than any big block muscle car ever could

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

The Door Frame posted:

Truth. And I don't mean to gatekeep with that statement, people enjoying cars is great, regardless of scarcity or difficulty, it's just what's driven me personally towards rarer imports. I'll still admire USDM cars at a show or meet up, but a running, POS Mazda from the 70's will get my blood racing faster than any big block muscle car ever could

I figured as much! Personal preference and all.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

StormDrain posted:

Just woke up from a nap. Can confirm.

I'm a big advocate of the four day work week. Every weekend could have a day like this. And I've actually done a bunch but it's nothing important, mixed in with porch sitting and couch lounging.

I did the same.

Really happy to be doing nothing this weekend.

Prolly just going to play Psychonauts 2 lol

Also someone sent me this earlier last week and I felt like sharing since it is a true old school SA Classic that I remember reading more than 10 years ago...

https://sites.google.com/site/forgottenemployee/

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Ether Frenzy posted:

Speaking of nice C8 colors,

The C8 really needs aftermarket wheels

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

opengl128 posted:

Holy poo poo I don't think I've ever seen a convertible in person.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Rhyno posted:

Shang Chi slapped the loving poo poo out of me. Holy gently caress that was awesome, ditched all the yellow peril cringe from the comics and elevated it all to a new level.

Will it make me forget the Netflix Iron Fist?

C8’s are cool. Preserved Corolla convertibles are cool.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Will it make me forget the Netflix Iron Fist?

C8’s are cool. Preserved Corolla convertibles are cool.

Yes. They mined a lot of modern IF lore to fill out the world in this film.

Edit: I could ramble on for like 10,000 words about how well they integrated all the bits of the comics into this film and created something amazing. Go see this film, it's fuckin incredible.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Sep 5, 2021

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

My fully vaccinated 12 year old is at urgent care getting a covid test. Awesome. We have followed every step of every thing through the pandemic, but when they sent the kids back to school with nothing but masks, it was inevitable. Edit: Shockingly, she had a negative covid test, so some other rando infection. :shrug:

But in more interesting news, I saw a movie pop up on a Plex feed -- "The Dead Next Door," it's JR Bookwalter's first feature movie. It's a late-'80s zombie classic. My wife's dad starred in it, and watching him in the movie is a little bit crazy.

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Sep 5, 2021

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
My kids go to school (obviously) oldest wears a mask even though almost no one else does because she chooses to, youngest does not because who wants to be the only 6 year old wearing one? she has been coughing and runny nose - thankfully woke up this morning clear and well. She said she will try to start wearing a mask (I send a clean one with her every morning).

I am glad to hear your 12 year old does not have it.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

everdave posted:

My kids go to school (obviously) oldest wears a mask even though almost no one else does because she chooses to, youngest does not because who wants to be the only 6 year old wearing one? she has been coughing and runny nose - thankfully woke up this morning clear and well. She said she will try to start wearing a mask (I send a clean one with her every morning).

I am glad to hear your 12 year old does not have it.
Well I'm glad to hear that your youngest seems to have learned a lesson. Now you need to get her the coolest loving mask that you can find.

My 3 year old starts preschool Wednesday and I am loving terrified.
I've got the best health insurance offered by my work but I'm sure that if any or multiple of us get hospitalized for covid it's going to wreck me financially.
I've been sorting through my stuff and selling off anything that I haven't used in a while, and have no immediate plans to use in the future to have some 'just in case' money, but it's not much.
Then there's the matter of funeral expenses. I've got a life insurance policy, so my wife will at least be able to bury me and pay off everything except the house. But if I have to bury my wife, I'm hosed because she does not have a policy.
If I have to bury my child, I'm gonna break mentally and probably have to remove myself from society, lest I take out my anger on any unmasked idiot I see, or decide to dedicate my life to cheeto hunting.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Oh she has cool masks just no kid wants to be the odd one out (well my oldest does but she is really independent)

If you are in the US you should grab your wife a cheap no questions asked life insurance policy. Probably get something for 5-10 a month with more than enough for funeral expenses. If that is a worry.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Some family friends of my wife, people she's known her whole life... well, 18 of them across the entire extended family have it now after a family vacation/reunion, none of these goddamn idiots are vaccinated EXCEPT the two 90 year olds (mom & dad) who also got it, (friends of my wife's parents, and how they originally know this family) and the entire antivax moron lot of them are trying to blame the origins of this outbreak on the elderly pair for allegedly catching it at the hospital, not from the entire family having just flown back from Corfu. They're also now saying "See? you two got it despite the vaccine!!!" since understanding vaccines is hard. SMDH.

It's a loving miracle the olds managed to avoid the bad advice from the antivax childeren they have because otherwise they'd be pretty much about to die now.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I finally got to do something that I've wanted to do since I started carrying a tool kit in my car, helping a stranded motorist (that isn't me). An extremely gratifying experience getting that car started

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Well I'm glad to hear that your youngest seems to have learned a lesson. Now you need to get her the coolest loving mask that you can find.

My 3 year old starts preschool Wednesday and I am loving terrified.
I've got the best health insurance offered by my work but I'm sure that if any or multiple of us get hospitalized for covid it's going to wreck me financially.
I've been sorting through my stuff and selling off anything that I haven't used in a while, and have no immediate plans to use in the future to have some 'just in case' money, but it's not much.
Then there's the matter of funeral expenses. I've got a life insurance policy, so my wife will at least be able to bury me and pay off everything except the house. But if I have to bury my wife, I'm hosed because she does not have a policy.
If I have to bury my child, I'm gonna break mentally and probably have to remove myself from society, lest I take out my anger on any unmasked idiot I see, or decide to dedicate my life to cheeto hunting.

Can I recommend creating a property rental company, selling the house to it, then renting the house from your company to pay the company's mortgage on the house? Then transfer all your assets to the company, or another if you want to isolate things more, and if you get a hospital bill that should have been covered by universal healthcare just laugh and laugh and laugh.

There's gotta be a legal way to do this... If the rich and corporations are allowed to play games like this to avoid liability we the people should join in the fun.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Ether Frenzy posted:

Some family friends of my wife, people she's known her whole life... well, 18 of them across the entire extended family have it now after a family vacation/reunion, none of these goddamn idiots are vaccinated EXCEPT the two 90 year olds (mom & dad) who also got it, (friends of my wife's parents, and how they originally know this family) and the entire antivax moron lot of them are trying to blame the origins of this outbreak on the elderly pair for allegedly catching it at the hospital, not from the entire family having just flown back from Corfu. They're also now saying "See? you two got it despite the vaccine!!!" since understanding vaccines is hard. SMDH.

It's a loving miracle the olds managed to avoid the bad advice from the antivax childeren they have because otherwise they'd be pretty much about to die now.

"The olds" probably remember Polio and smallpox.
The problem with vaccines is that they worked TOO well for so long that people forgot how loving bad disease can be without them.

The Door Frame posted:

I finally got to do something that I've wanted to do since I started carrying a tool kit in my car, helping a stranded motorist (that isn't me). An extremely gratifying experience getting that car started

It's fun the first time, but after a half dozen fire extinguishers, and about the time you get your 3rd battery jumper, you start getting real sick of telling people they should have swapped that starter/solenoid or fuel pump WHEN YOU TOLD THEM LAST TIME.

GnarlyCharlie4u fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Sep 6, 2021

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Round trip to/from Dallas, Crime Vic (which I'm now gonna call Canadian Bacon.. since built in Canada, and it's a terrible bad good movie), averaged 21.2 MPG.

That's with an hour in bumper to bumper traffic coming out of downtown Dallas on Friday, and caning it both ways (mostly doing 90ish). EPA rating is 23 highway, I assume the civilian version (which has longer rear end gearing, I believe - I have 3.27 w/posi). So I'm gonna call that "about right".

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Sep 6, 2021

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Ether Frenzy posted:

Did your wife escape Mother England yet? I remember she was over there forever.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
She did! Thanks for asking, she was finally able to get home a couple of weeks ago after 545 days stuck overseas thanks to COVID.

Definitely good to have her back here, we've been running through all her favorite takeout/homecooked foods (not a lot of 5-star sushi in rural Lancashire, and absolutely no In & Out), and watching a ton of her favorite movies & shows in 4k since the LG OLED I bought last year didn't exist in our house when she left. LoTR Extended Edition has blown her away, it's really a great showpiece for your first 4k experience. Then we watched the 3 Grand Tour specials from the last 18 months, since they also look outstanding.

I just got the M3's oil changed & a new battery put in so we can go out for some canyon drives next week.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

STR posted:

Round trip to/from Dallas, Crime Vic (which I'm now gonna call Canadian Bacon.. since built in Canada, and it's a terrible bad good movie), averaged 21.2 MPG.

That's with an hour in bumper to bumper traffic coming out of downtown Dallas on Friday, and caning it both ways (mostly doing 90ish). EPA rating is 23 highway, I assume the civilian version (which has longer rear end gearing, I believe - I have 3.27 w/posi). So I'm gonna call that "about right".

I know you were getting absolute poo poo mileage when you bought it. Glad whatever that was has apparently cleared up. I'd be happy with 21+ out of a 4.6. Probably not far off what used to get in my mustang but I never really tracked it that closely.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ether Frenzy posted:

She did! Thanks for asking, she was finally able to get home a couple of weeks ago after 545 days stuck overseas thanks to COVID.

Definitely good to have her back here, we've been running through all her favorite takeout/homecooked foods (not a lot of 5-star sushi in rural Lancashire, and absolutely no In & Out), and watching a ton of her favorite movies & shows in 4k since the LG OLED I bought last year didn't exist in our house when she left. LoTR Extended Edition has blown her away, it's really a great showpiece for your first 4k experience. Then we watched the 3 Grand Tour specials from the last 18 months, since they also look outstanding.

I just got the M3's oil changed & a new battery put in so we can go out for some canyon drives next week.

Man I'd have fallen apart if my wife was gone that long. I get twitchy when we're apart for more than a week.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Yeah I certainly can relate to Ether Frenzy. It would be nice if Australia finally got to the vaccine targets so the borders reopen

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Rhyno posted:

I was not familiar with the comics, but I thought it was fun as hell. A good martial arts movie that happened to be a Marvel movie. Some really great combat, fun dialing, and just overall a good balance of action and fun/humor. It had the necessary serious bits, but wasn’t heavy. The callback to Iron Man 3 was a fun bit. Worth a watch.

kastein posted:

Can I recommend creating a property rental company, selling the house to it, then renting the house from your company to pay the company's mortgage on the house? Then transfer all your assets to the company, or another if you want to isolate things more, and if you get a hospital bill that should have been covered by universal healthcare just laugh and laugh and laugh.

There's gotta be a legal way to do this... If the rich and corporations are allowed to play games like this to avoid liability we the people should join in the fun.

What you’re looking for is called a Trust. You’ll need to look up details, but the basics are you create a trust for the benefit of <person> and all large assets belong to the trust - house, cars, any large and or expensive items. You, the beneficiary of the trust, can own a certain amount of personal items - usually clothes and small stuff. You make anyone you want to be trustees. These would normally be people you would name in a will. Now when you die, all that property held by the trust is still held by the trust, to be managed by the trustees. Which means that can just use it, sell it, divide it up and dissolve the trust, or even continue the trust for themselves. At least, that’s how my paralegal-trained wife explained it. I’m sure I got something wrong - IANAL and YMMV.

got off on a technicality
Feb 7, 2007

oh dear

Darchangel posted:

What you’re looking for is called a Trust. You’ll need to look up details, but the basics are you create a trust for the benefit of <person> and all large assets belong to the trust - house, cars, any large and or expensive items
This is generally right. IIRC it needs to be an irrevocable trust and your trustee will have a large amount of power over you so be careful who you pick!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spendthrift_trust

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

got off on a technicality posted:

This is generally right. IIRC it needs to be an irrevocable trust and your trustee will have a large amount of power over you so be careful who you pick!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spendthrift_trust

There has to be someone out there getting TrustDommed by now right?

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

StormDrain posted:

I assume you're referring to Brittney.

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

StormDrain posted:

please no kinkshaming itt

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

luminalflux posted:

please no kinkshaming itt

No judgment in my statement. Feel free to share your story.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Well, this is going in a spicy direction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Have to give to your Domme of choice via YouTube Superchats and if you give the most they might give you a shout out on an only fans video that is announced on Twitter with a link to Patreon where you can get on the Discord to donate Nitro.