Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
That was the era dudes still died on the field and the forward pass was newfangled bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Kirios posted:

I'm trying to imagine what football looked like in 1922 and I'm imagining an extremely boring sport.

https://twitter.com/pff_seth/status/1314611267965984770

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

just noticed the qb getting slapped in the face lmao

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Looking forward to the Panthers sucking their way to a top 10 pick but outside of the good QBs.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

BlindSite posted:

Looking forward to the Panthers sucking their way to a top 10 pick but outside of the good QBs.

There aren’t any good QBs, if that helps comfort you at all.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

BlindSite posted:

Do you want short Cam Newton from Liberty? Cause that's the top qb this year

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Matt Corral.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

BlindSite posted:

Look, Sam Darnold just needs weapons.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Matt Corral is...probably worth a top 5 pick? I guess? After that though...woof.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

I would prefer to watch this over basically any Dolphins game

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Tough little poo poo

https://twitter.com/ByNateUlrich/status/1449884417334386689

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Ehud posted:

There aren’t any good QBs, if that helps comfort you at all.

For some perspective on this: the guy who was most hyped as the #1 QB coming in this year's class lost his starting job in week 6

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Raiders better off without Gruden, confirm/deny?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

How many of the people in the clip are currently in the hall of fame?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

QB draft class is pretty questionable but Wilson and Rodgers will probably be available.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

C.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Getting outcoached by Fat Mike lol retire Billy Boy

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

YOLOsubmarine posted:

QB draft class is pretty questionable but Wilson and Rodgers will probably be available.

Wilson is definitely gonna be a Giant.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Hot Diggity! posted:

Getting outcoached by Fat Mike lol retire Billy Boy

Bill said yesterday or the day before that Mike is one of the few coaches he respects and identified specific times they lost to the packers.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

This was their nobody believes in us any more/circle the wagons game. Feel like we'll more know over the next month.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

Bill said yesterday or the day before that Mike is one of the few coaches he respects and identified specific times they lost to the packers.

They only lost once to the Packers under Brady/Belichick. 2014

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

That one time stuck with bill, then.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
This is also the first time the Cowboys have beaten the pats in forever, iirc. Belichick dominated Garrett in their few meetings.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Dumb to me. Rest a game. Keenum a good backup. Broncos probably beatable with him. Then 10 days before Pittsburgh.

Just noticed they play two games in a row against the Ravens. One before the bye and one after. Weird. Feel like the NFL avoided doing that in the past.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
It does feel like a pretty weak draft class outside of maybe defensive back.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

This is also the first time the Cowboys have beaten the pats in forever, iirc. Belichick dominated Garrett in their few meetings.

First time Cowboys have won in Foxboro since the mid 90s.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Kawalimus posted:

Dumb to me. Rest a game. Keenum a good backup. Broncos probably beatable with him. Then 10 days before Pittsburgh.

Just noticed they play two games in a row against the Ravens. One before the bye and one after. Weird.

He has the 5th longest active starting streak in the NFL right now.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Wilson is definitely gonna be a Giant.

Seems pretty unlikely that he’d force his way out to go play for an offense that showcases his talents and then pick Joe Judge as the guy to do that.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Wilson to Cleveland. We'll include OBJ and a QB in the trade

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Yep, that was the game where Brady was walked around the field with a leash on, which was real weird. Jordy smoked Revis to end the half. Arguably Fat Mike's best coached game.

Brady's tantrum at the end of the game was hilarious.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

shyduck posted:

just noticed the qb getting slapped in the face lmao

I rewatched it a few times because I knew there had to be some dirty poo poo happening. QB catching a slap about 3 seconds after the play is dead.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Kirios posted:

I'm trying to imagine what football looked like in 1922 and I'm imagining an extremely boring sport.

At least the 1974 team was coached by Don Coryell and would have run what is still a recognizably modern NFL passing attack.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Wilson to Cleveland. We'll include OBJ and a QB in the trade

That wouldn’t be the worst trade for Seattle if he’s really intent on forcing his way out.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Yes but realistically just this:

Grittybeard posted:

This was their nobody believes in us any more/circle the wagons game. Feel like we'll more know over the next month.
I'm just hoping Bisaccia has that Harbaugh special teams to head coach magic and just works out somehow.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

japtor posted:

Yes but realistically just this:

I'm just hoping Bisaccia has that Harbaugh special teams to head coach magic and just works out somehow.

he was the chargers ST coach in 2010 lol

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Grittybeard posted:

Yup Raiders used their Interim Coach Buff

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Kawalimus posted:

Just noticed they play two games in a row against the Ravens. One before the bye and one after. Weird. Feel like the NFL avoided doing that in the past.

It's some of the most egregious schedule fuckery I've ever seen. 3 weeks to prepare for one team. Huge advantage.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Yes, sure.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Panthers draft all offensive line and pay Rodgers a gazillion dollars for 2 years. I'd be happy.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Eifert Posting posted:

It does feel like a pretty weak draft class outside of maybe defensive back.

Defensive line and edge rushing talent is pouring out of this class as far as I can tell. O line looks solid too. DBs are probably the strongest part though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Chucktesla posted:

Defensive line and edge rushing talent is pouring out of this class as far as I can tell. O line looks solid too. DBs are probably the strongest part though

well that's nice to hear considering it's a list of the Ravens' needs