Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

the prosecutors are bringing up how the cops were friendly and approved of Rittenhouse, which previously they argued should be kept out of the trial because it would bias the jury towards Rittenhouse

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

CarpenterWalrus posted:

lol stay far the gently caress away from the GBS thread, too. it's extremely disheartening to see how many fine people there are posting on these forums

It's taken me years but I'm starting to wake up to the fact that GBS is not the island of sanity I thought it was compared to the rest of the internet.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

don't use Notes to post

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Defense has Rittenhouse put on an incredibly obvious fake crying performance of The Reluctant Killer

Prosecutor: The defendant, while violating his bond release (which this same judge would not allow Rittenhouse’s re-arrest for :v: ), photographed himself celebrating with white nationalists that he got away with murder that disproves his testimony about his regret for having to kill in supposed self defense

Judge: Hmmm nope not relevant because it might prove motive

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

Azathoth posted:

don't use Notes to post

lmao

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
proving motive is impossible, anyway, so what does it even matter? you can't know what is in someone's heart even if they say out loud on camera

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The judge’s stance is basically the prosecutor showing intent and motive is unfair to poor little Rittenhouse in a trial about 1st degree murder :laffo: this is the most insane thing and they aren’t even trying to hide it

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Chief Justice of the Supreme Court Kyle Rittenhouse

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Valko posted:

It's taken me years but I'm starting to wake up to the fact that GBS is not the island of sanity I thought it was compared to the rest of the internet.

it has always just there to be a shiny thing that keeps dumbasses out of the cooler forums

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

Marzzle posted:

it has always just there to be a shiny thing that keeps dumbasses out of the cooler forums

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

shyduck posted:

Chief Justice of the Supreme Court Kyle Rittenhouse

Biden will do this to appeal to White Suburban Moms

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Atrocious Joe posted:

the prosecutors are bringing up how the cops were friendly and approved of Rittenhouse, which previously they argued should be kept out of the trial because it would bias the jury towards Rittenhouse

This prosecution has been legendarily bad. Usually those "oh my god trial's over" moments only happen in movies and these idiots arguably provoked three of them from their own witnesses

e: well technically the defense elicited one of them on cross but it was still a prosecution witness

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

The judge’s stance is basically the prosecutor showing intent and motive is unfair to poor little Rittenhouse in a trial about 1st degree murder :laffo: this is the most insane thing and they aren’t even trying to hide it

They just want to go home

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Marzzle posted:

I've been thinking of setting up shop somewhere else for my shitposting. It's either here or BYOB.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

God, Rittenhouse comes across as such a sniveling little poo poo. Shame he's only going to get got for taking a gun across state lines, maybe.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

hes a tiddybaby

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
https://twitter.com/awildmaxdisapp1/status/1458507875085701121

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

What’s really gonna own is the knock on effect of him walking is his white nationalist friends getting the clear message it’s ok to murder BLM protesters as long as you scream THEY’RE COMING RIGHT AT US like a South Park episode

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

fast cars loose anus posted:

This prosecution has been legendarily bad.

i don't think this is true. just a testament to how hosed the legal system is and how bad public defenders(usually because they are insanely overworked) are. also how much the prosecution gets away with because the judge is on their side.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

looooooooool

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Videos from an IPad shouldn't be zoomed in on because of the logarithms Apple uses

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

KidDynamite posted:

i don't think this is true. just a testament to how hosed the legal system is and how bad public defenders(usually because they are insanely overworked) are. also how much the prosecution gets away with because the judge is on their side.

No, I'm sorry, but when your own witness says straight up under oath "Yes you asked me to alter my statement and you were pretty clear about it" you loving suck at your job

CarpenterWalrus
Mar 30, 2010

The Lazy Satanist
haha, defense just objected to jury being shown drone footage of rittenhouse shooting rosenbaum. that clinking sound as the court reconvened turned out to be the defense's balls, because he's arguing that the ipad that video evidence is being shown on is manufacturing evidence to make it appear as though rittenhouse is the one doing the shooting

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

CarpenterWalrus posted:

haha, defense just objected to jury being shown drone footage of rittenhouse shooting rosenbaum. that clinking sound as the court reconvened turned out to be the defense's balls, because he's arguing that the ipad that video evidence is being shown on is manufacturing evidence to make it appear as though rittenhouse is the one doing the shooting

The judge agrees with the defense. He's asking the prosecutor to call an expert witness to justify using the video evidence.

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

Dr. VooDoo posted:

What’s really gonna own is the knock on effect of him walking is his white nationalist friends getting the clear message it’s ok to murder BLM protesters as long as you scream THEY’RE COMING RIGHT AT US like a South Park episode

they were coming RIGHT FOR AMERICA

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The judge is saying pinch and zoom on an iPad isn’t allowed because it’s alters the image :laffo: the most transparent bullshit

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
gary oldman vs the blue man group

CarpenterWalrus
Mar 30, 2010

The Lazy Satanist
judge going full peepaw

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

The judge is saying pinch and zoom on an iPad isn’t allowed because it’s alters the image :laffo: the most transparent bullshit

The judge clearly wants him innocent but it’s amazing how hard he would go even when Not Guilty is certain

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

If you zoom in on the video submitted by the defense it actually shows something different than they claim it does

Judge: Sorry, that’s not allowed

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
I want them to bring a comically big magnifying glass to the courthouse and point it at the iPad screen.

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

DesertIslandHermit posted:

The judge clearly wants him innocent but it’s amazing how hard he would go even when Not Guilty is certain

its to send a message

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

brb, driving up to Kenosha right now to be their expert logarithm witness

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Valko posted:

I've been thinking of setting up shop somewhere else for my shitposting. It's either here or BYOB.

greetings :tipshat:

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

The “legal system” is a farce intended to entrench private property, capitalism, and state terrorism against the poor and dispossessed. Even if the “facts” of any given case support the prosecution of some little nazi poo poo who travelled to another state to murder locals, he was ultimately doing what the “legal system” was built to do. If the results of this case were ever in doubt to you, I hope this was a wake-up-call.

CarpenterWalrus
Mar 30, 2010

The Lazy Satanist
mods, please change my name to "Logarithm Defense" thanks in advance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Also, lol at anyone who posts in GBS calling someone a pedo, lets be honest.