Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

Droogie posted:

Anyone know of a good parcel carrier for sending cats? I don't want my Santee to end up with a dead cat. Again.
USPS next day delivery

EDIT: aww gently caress what a bad snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

vortmax posted:

EDIT: aww gently caress what a bad snipe

Lol

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Greeting potential Santa,

I am a 36-year old single male goon from Wisconsin. I am very much a fan of pro wrestling that isn't WWE, hockey, baseball, and football. I also enjoy when people send food items from their local area. I don't have food allergies, but I'm not much of a fan of nuts. I also have a fairly good spice tolerance for a white dude from the suburbs.

I also enjoy video games and have a PC, PS5, and Switch. I recently got into building Lego sets, mostly their NASA stuff.

I am a fatty fatty fat goon so in the interest of maintaining my dignity; if you're thinking of clothing items, just send me a message in the SASS site if you need sizes.

NSFW items are fine and will likely get a good laugh.

DC to Daylight
Feb 13, 2012

Dear Santa,

I'm your average middle aged goony guy. Married, no kids. Awesome dog and kick rear end planted tropical fish tank. Love science, nature, anthropology, art and culture. Not into sports or fashion, although unusual t-shirts (size large) are an exception. I would appreciate just about anything, but something handmade or unique to your region/talents/area of expertise would be awesome. I like things with a story. Foodstuffs are welcome, but my family sends me a lot of cookies and the like this time of year, so items with a long shelf life are preferred. I don't drink booze anymore, but impotent potables are cool. No allergies, the wife can't do gluten.

Dear Santee,

I've been working on lots of cool poo poo this year. You're definitely getting one of my creations. Think 304 stainless. Probably other poo poo too.

topenga
Jul 1, 2003
Dear Santa,

1. I would love stuff local to your area/shows off your talents/etc.
2. I don't like nuts.

So, uh...go hog wild!

Dear Santee,

You're gonna get stuff. Yup. Stuff.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Loves me some SASS. My body is ready.

Dearest Goon Santa:
I'm not picky. I appreciate that these bizarre, eclectic forums still exist and us weirdos all agree to send and receive gifts to/from strangers. If you think it's worthy to send, I will probably think it's worthy to receive.

THAT BEING SAID, if you want to not just send a pile of used cat litter, I appreciate local, homemade, etc... things. Local alcohol or snacks/treats, or apparel with some local landmark on it. I take a men's L/XL in shirts/hoodies (likely XL unless the larges are larger than normal or are marked as TALL.)
I don't have any allergies, so go hog wild.

Dear Santee:
You'll probably get maple syrup, among other things. Maybe a photo of Bernie's house....some Headdy Topper perhaps?

DrBouvenstein fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Nov 30, 2021

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Year six of SASSmas! Only been shafted once, but ReSASS more than made up for it.

Santa: Here's specific things I like, but it's just to get ideas.

-Bird themed stuff, especially parrots. Still have my three, they're still assholes :3:
-I do art stuff and collect concept art books ("The Art of ---"). Dinosaur figurines, non ceramic dragons, things with interesting horns, skulls etc for drawing references are A+
-Love D&D podcasts and sketching relevant stuff, but haven't played before. Got my eye on Fizban's Treasury of Dragons, to go with my Monster Manual, for drawing references
-Local food and items are cool, handmade things are cool, you're cool

No to liquorice, American chocolate, glitter, poop. NSFW stuff is fine but nothing illegal (duh)

Santee: Hope you like art, chocolate, local tat, and bees. I also like doing art for my Santee, who knows?

Edit: Also, I'm a Brit but not living there currently!

Battle Pigeon fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Dec 6, 2021

Hemlock
Jan 17, 2006
Waffle.
Just in under the wire, with timezones working in my favour! Thanks once again Tiaz.

--

Apologies Santa that the only posts from me for years will be basically the same as this one, and I don't have any stalkable social media profiles etc. Hope you have fun regardless! Happy to chat over the SASS messaging system.

Please nothing NSFW and/or illegal – if timing (and the pandemic) allows, I will be opening my SASS with family of all ages as it has been an 'event' for the last 15(?) years! Am also a fussy eater/drinker I'm afraid, but feel free to send local delicacies that I will share out with interested parties!

I'm a British ladygoon in her 30s. Graphic designer by trade, and for the last 18th months have obviously been working from home a lot more, so any interesting things to make my home "office" more enjoyable would be great. And if you're from a cold place and have any ingenious 'stay cosy working from home without stacking up ridiculous heating bills' tips that'd be handy at present, brrrrrr.

I like arty/illustrative bird stuff, octopus/lobster/jellyfish stuff, typography stuff, etc. Socks are always very welcome but I have very big feet, so man-size if possible! I use mugs for cereal-eating and stationery-storage, and can't decorate my (rented) house so I display a lot of nicnacs and pictures. I absolutely love getting a Christmas decoration from SASS and there's a solid collection now that goes on our family tree every year. Local delights or handmade crafts very welcome!

Thanks in advance, and Merry Christmas.

--

Dear Santee,

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Almost time!

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

J.A.B.C. posted:

Almost time!

I want it bad.

real bad

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006
Witty closing remarks have been replaced by massive head trauma and general stupidity.

J.A.B.C. posted:

Almost time!

OP says Dec 5, Website says Dec 1

why must I always be the bearer of bad news?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Comrade Quack posted:

Oh fie and foo!!!!

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

Comrade Quack posted:

TIAZ you got some EXPLAININ to do!!!

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

ChickenDoodle posted:

TIAZ you got some EXPLAININ to do!!!

I went back and read it: sign-ups were late this year.

It happens! Just means that you might have to wait a bit for your BEES super-secret surprise gifts.

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.
I now have Christmas blue balls.

This concludes my crotch update.

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Beef Of Ages posted:

I now have Christmas blue balls.

This concludes my crotch update.

What about MY crotch update!?

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
One of you lucky people is getting a fun parcel on *checks Australia Post website* June 2022

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Tree Bucket posted:

One of you lucky people is getting a fun parcel on *checks Australia Post website* June 2022

Assuming we’re not all dead from the climate wars

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
Yay SASS is upon us! I can't wait to get my santee! :f5:

Dear Santa,

I'm a 33 year old ladygoon who makes up the horrible puns that make up the MLB game day threads over in SAS. I don't know if that makes me good or bad, so I'll leave that up to you. :v: I currently work overnights at the local hospital while also attending school during the day, so needless to say, I rarely get any sleep. I love Nintendo (especially Animal Crossing and Kirby), cats (I have one named Miley!), and cute things in general. As noted by my avatar, I'm also a Chicago Cubs fan. I also like receiving local goodies since I can't travel due to work/school/pandemic bullshit.

Dear Santee,
I may or may not be sending Malort again this year :getin:

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

Miz Kriss posted:

Dear Santee,
I may or may not be sending Malort again this year :getin:

This is abuse, mods please

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
My first time participating!

I'm a 30 something goon with a lovely wife and truly giant dog named Beatrice. I'm newly retired from the restaurant/bar industry working in a factory in Bluegrass country Kentucky.

You could stalk me but my favorite threads on the forum are the Dune, sardine, Costco, and tattoo threads. My interests are fiction, regional cuisine*, exotic liquor, traditional games (pen and paper, board, lawn), and languages. I'd love some local color and handmade is sweet but I'm not talented enough to pay it forward.

*My friends went to New Orleans once and asked if I wanted anything as a souvenir. I said "a muffaletta sandwich" and they worryingly said it might be a few days getting back. I said "definitely a muffaletta sandwich" and when they gave it to me I was so so happy. I love road trips and I'll stop to a screeching halt if I see a hot dog stand or burger joint or pea soup restaurant that's been open for a century. Sodas and sandwiches and candies and pepperoni rolls and goetta/scrapple are all things I look for and I'd love something from your neck of the woods that I've never set eyes on (acquired tastes especially)

I like booze (a lot) and my wife is 420 friendly. NSFW is fine and dandy.

Santee: I've got some ideas but I'll look for advice to make it nice

Slightly Used Cake
Oct 21, 2010

Droogie posted:

What about MY crotch update!?

We're listening...

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Slightly Used Cake posted:

We're listening...

Was hoping someone else would update, but there are no takers.

Spiderjelly
Aug 22, 2006

Sign of evil.

Droogie posted:

Was hoping someone else would update, but there are no takers.

Santa is drunk this year.

topenga
Jul 1, 2003

Spiderjelly posted:

Santa is drunk this year.

I mean...yeah? Aren't we all?

hendersa
Sep 17, 2006

hendersa posted:

... get excited.

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld
Dear Santa,

I am a 32 year old dude who works on airplanes for a living. If you can't tell by my username I like Futurama very much. I also like all the sportsballs and generally root for Dallas area teams. Except for college. I would also enjoy any kind of homemade or local things including food. Post stalking may not turn up a whole lot so feel free to message me on the SASS website or just send whatever!

StoicFnord
Jul 27, 2012

"If you want to make enemies....try to change something."

College Slice
Dear Santa,

I am a Scottish man in my 40's. I do tech work and am a big Sci-Fi/Cyberpunk reader and play far too many video games. I am diabetic, if you are thinking of sweet treats. I will love it no matter what you get me, please tell me about where you are and the cool culture and interesting stuff.

Dear Santee,
I hope you realise i am going to send you a ton of stuff to make you an Honourary Scot. You have no choice: We'll take anyone.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Hail Santa,

I'm a mid-40s computer toucher. Into all sorts of you've-heard-it-before stuff like sf, travel, photography, board games (but not RPGs or miniatures games), cooking, tea, archery, pins, pens, modern art, lighthouses, nature calendars, owls, dice, volcanoes, bdsm but, perhaps surprisingly, not at all into anime, comics, zombies, coffee or alcohol. I also habe more video games than I will ever play. Nothing NSFW and/or illegal, please.

Santee: we're on full lockdown until way past the deadline, so I'm somewhat limited in choices but I'll do what I can.

If that's a KO criterium, feel free to kick me back out.

gschmidl fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Dec 4, 2021

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Dear Santa,

I have been reasonably good this year. Please consider sending:

- things that you make! Handcrafted items are wonderful
- local snacks, specialties, or anything cool about where you live
- anything with a Seattle Kraken logo on it
- local beer/booze
- kitchen things
- hosed up martial arts movies on VHS
- a framed portrait of my dog and cat

Please do not send:

- clothing
- anime
- comic book things
- pet toys (THEY HAVE SO MANY)

Dear Santee:

You are getting a box full of squid.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Dear Santee:

You are getting a box full of squid.

I guess that's theoretically better than a box full of bees? Kind of?

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.
Them sticky thread tho

tagmedia7
Nov 2, 2011
Santa: I am full-time traveling freelance broadcast engineer. When I'm not globe trotting, I enjoy tinkering with selling/repairing computers, modding game consoles and collecting portable Chinese retro consoles. I also enjoy singing/recording, photography and arthouse flicks. When it comes to foodibles, I love learning about (eating) your local delicacies and snacks.. state/area bumper stickers are cool, too! If you have any questions, ask away!

Santee: I really hope you like video games. But if you're not the button-mashing type, I'll do my best to accommodate to your personal tastes and will go the extra mile to make sure your present(s) rock!

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Assignments soon :tfrxmas:

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

StoicFnord posted:

Dear Santa,

I am a Scottish man in my 40's. I do tech work and am a big Sci-Fi/Cyberpunk reader and play far too many video games. I am diabetic, if you are thinking of sweet treats. I will love it no matter what you get me, please tell me about where you are and the cool culture and interesting stuff.

Dear Santee,
I hope you realise i am going to send you a ton of stuff to make you an Honourary Scot. You have no choice: We'll take anyone.

oh snap, you've stolen my plan for what to send my Santee.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Santa baby,

I like smoking meats, transforming robots, throwing discs at metal baskets, and my dying 14-year old pup.

I'm also going to send you like $100 worth of crap you may not like.

Get hype!

Daemonicus
Sep 21, 2004
Been participating since 2006. SASS is a holiday tradition.

Santa,
I like stuff and things. I like cat stuff and cat things, whether they are cat themed or for cats, whatevs. I like local stuff and local things. I like functional/useful/practical stuff and functional/useful/practical things. I have some oven mitts that I got in SASS 2007 that I still use. I've gotten socks in the past few years that are still in my regular sock rotation.
I don't like anything with caffeine - coffee, chocolate, tea, energy drinks, soap, etc. I'm caffeine intolerant, so it's a no go.

If none of that is making your Santa senses tingle, I'd also be completely happy with a donation to a good, worthy cause in my name or in your name or in the name of SASS or in the name of fartbuttz lol.

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

God is the sweat running down his back...
Hooray SASS!

I have been working on craft skills since we've been in lock down so prepare for some crafting disasters that will hopefully elicit a combo of bless your heart with WTF from your inner child.

Also, can I apologize to the lovely hendersa who sent me a wonderful gift of pulp sci fi books, a mug of substantial size that allows me to consume at least three servings of coffee at once, and a set of games. And a wonderful letter! I never followed up in last year's thread and I'm sorry! Thank you for sharing the spirit of SASS with me!

Edit: So many typos.
Second edit: So, so many typos.

kafkasgoldfish fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Dec 4, 2021

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Beep beep, folks, this airplane is about to leave the station!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
I can hardly wait! Getting stuff for my santee is always a high point of our season!