Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I love The Beatles but BBC is right all this poo poo has been done to death for literal decades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

mycophobia posted:

Look, I know being depressed hateful unfunny alcoholic sadsacks is kind of the GBS thing but can you please stay out of the one thread I want to post in

Sorry you're so wrong about your chosen poo poo show.

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.

mycophobia posted:

Look, I know being depressed hateful unfunny alcoholic sadsacks is kind of the GBS thing but can you please stay out of the one thread I want to post in

gently caress u bitch

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

*delicately loads 'robbin the Hood' Sublime album into the CD changer*

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

it's legitimately sad that some people can't enjoy the beatles for whatever reasons.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Big Beef City posted:

*delicately loads 'robbin the Hood' Sublime album into the CD changer*

The rants by that homeless guy on that album own.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

They misspelled Beetles

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004

Smeef posted:

And for all the haters on page 1, just remember, if it weren't for the Beatles, we never would have gotten Wings, the band the Beatles could never be

Paul wanted Wings to be the new Beatles, and given that Wings was various collections of druggies loathing Paul for bossing them around trying to get anything accomplished, I’d say he succeeded about three or four times.

Big Beef City posted:

Sorry you're so wrong about your chosen poo poo show.

The Stones have little brother syndrome, the Who were always better than Led Zeppelin, punk always sucked and is dead, and you’ve heard 99% of all rap of you have a copy of Songs in the Key of Life.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
the curse of paul not having john to reign him in is that almost all of his solo/wings albums will be comprised of roughly 15-35% truly embarrassing poo poo

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

There are tons of things I don't like but I don't pop my head in to every thread about them to express how much I hate them. lol at the weirdos coming in here to virtue signal how cool they are.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

SIMPLY HAVING A WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS TIME

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Lot of people trying way too hard with their sub-Lowtax routine. Missing the man it seems. Sad for them but it is what it is.

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
What does that even mean?

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
The Beatles were good and cool and I enjoy watching them gently caress around while they make an album.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

DrVenkman posted:

Lot of people trying way too hard with their sub-Lowtax routine. Missing the man it seems. Sad for them but it is what it is.

Nah Lowtax fans would be much more supportive of John and Ringo's, uh, relationship management practices

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.
I'm enjoying the documentary and I think the Beatles are super overrated.

I've always been a McCartney fan because I feel like he was there for the love of rock and roll. John is a huge rear end in a top hat, George is talented but pretentious and Ringo is flakey and easy going.

This documentary kind of vindicates all my long held opinions, so I like it.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Imagine posting "The Beatles were actually bad" in a thread about the Beatles and thinking you're being funny or insightful. What a tedious person.

I wonder how the Beatles might have continued if they'd had access to modern concert equipment so the music could actually be heard in a stadium. Maybe they become a killer live band.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.

zakharov posted:

Imagine posting "The Beatles were actually bad" in a thread about the Beatles and thinking you're being funny or insightful. What a tedious person.

I also talk about it at dinner parties fwiw

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

zakharov posted:

I wonder how the Beatles might have continued if they'd had access to modern concert equipment so the music could actually be heard in a stadium. Maybe they become a killer live band.

No they would not have

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
The Beatles just needed George Martin to reign them in and tell them “no” more to their more goofy tendencies. Also I don’t think it’s controversial to say the White Album was half brilliant, half flaming garbage. And no one can really agree which songs belong in which pile.

Justa Dandelion
Nov 27, 2020

[sobbing] Look at the circles under my eyes. I haven't slept in weeks!

What if the Beatles but instead of Harrison it's George Costanza.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

HD DAD posted:

The Beatles just needed George Martin to reign them in and tell them “no” more to their more goofy tendencies. Also I don’t think it’s controversial to say the White Album was half brilliant, half flaming garbage. And no one can really agree which songs belong in which pile.

revolution 9 is the only bad white album song

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Edit: actually never mind, all fandoms are the same :3:

Comfy Fleece Sweater fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Dec 1, 2021

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

mycophobia posted:

revolution 9 is the only bad white album song

I really liked that one, it was good for focusing on homework

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

I really liked that one, it was good for focusing on homework

this has to be some kind of pathology

i think the beatles would have benefitted from taking a year off to get clean and then coming back with Billy Preston and a full jazz ensemble to back them.

Scissorfighter
Oct 7, 2007

With all rocks and papers vanquished, they turn on eachother...

punishedkissinger posted:

it's legitimately sad that some people can't enjoy the beatles for whatever reasons.

I'm sorry your thread turned out to be the single worst discussion thread of Get Back on the internet. You were sabotaged.

Anyways, you're right to give attention to Billy Preston. That segment where the boys are at their lowest point and he comes in and is basically the perfect missing piece to a handful of songs is magical. They should have followed through on John's idea to make him the 5th Beatle.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Scissorfighter posted:

I'm sorry your thread turned out to be the single worst discussion thread of Get Back on the internet. You were sabotaged.

Anyways, you're right to give attention to Billy Preston. That segment where the boys are at their lowest point and he comes in and is basically the perfect missing piece to a handful of songs is magical. They should have followed through on John's idea to make him the 5th Beatle.

it was a wonderful moment. the e piano making the songs sound all the more familiar and the band's immediate mood lift brought a smile to my face

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

mycophobia posted:

the curse of paul not having john to reign him in is that almost all of his solo/wings albums will be comprised of roughly 15-35% truly embarrassing poo poo

I NEED A
TEMPO RA RY
SECRE TA RY

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
honestly i can't completely hate temporary secretary just for the sheer weirdness factor. mccartney ii is a pretty cool album overall though and has some genuinely great songs on it (coming up, on the way, waterfalls, one of these days)

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Scissorfighter posted:

i am the paul mccartney of this thread

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

mycophobia posted:

honestly i can't completely hate temporary secretary just for the sheer weirdness factor. mccartney ii is a pretty cool album overall though and has some genuinely great songs on it (coming up, on the way, waterfalls, one of these days)

It's pretty fun considering that a of it is just him loving about with new equipment he just got and wasn't intended to be released.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

SIMPLY HAVING A WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS TIME

the only half decent paul mccartney song. this remix owns https://youtu.be/7FcS26S1mlM

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

the only half decent paul mccartney song. this remix owns https://youtu.be/7FcS26S1mlM

This is the song that plays when I'm in my 6 inch heels n pink strap harness sex grooving on the Christmas tree

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
holy gently caress the dnr and ai upscaling on the footage is an affront to god

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Chuka Umana posted:

holy gently caress the dnr and ai upscaling on the footage is an affront to god

Do Not Resuscitate

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

“Pop trash” is the kind of thing someone says to make you think they are very “serious” music understanderers and… lmao.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Also trash is great!

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
2.5 minute pop songs are like the perfect music format

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

HD DAD posted:

2m51s is actually the perfect length, according to Wesley Willis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

HD DAD posted:

Japanese pop songs are like 5-6 minutes long and they feel like an eternity.