Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat
if you are like me and this just made you miss hugo weaving, do yourself a favor and watch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGWWeourHUg
if you haven't already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I'll watch anything

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
I'm a huge cinema slut

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

i didn't expect neo to kiss morpheus so much but it was cool.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Was there at least 1 (one) good action scene in the movie?

That's what I liked about the original Matrix. Basically every fight/action scene in it was superb and the cinematography (both for the time and sort of still now) was awesome

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Professor Shark posted:

I'll watch anything

me too man. i'm generally inclined to enjoy movies, people seem to go into movies with a very cynical mindset but i'm just looking for what I like.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

when the matrix baby said 'goo goo ga ga i know kung fu' my dogs attacked me. i am posting from the hospital.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Collapsing Farts posted:

The problem is the director already butchered her baby with matrix 2 and 3. Then she made a whole mess of garbage movies

maybe executive meddling would have been good in this case lol

i would rather have something like this, that has some pretty big issues, but manages to be a better sequel generally than her prior work, grows the mythos in useful/interesting ways, than something like yet another marvel imitator that was all but certain to have happened w/o her

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

I liked when Smith said Mr. Anderson.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Me too. He really draws it out, like he's having fun with it. Miisssster Anderrrson. All the time in the world. I'd be like MisterAnderson really fast (because it's Neo!), but he really goes for a walk around the park with it. MAYBE BECAUSE TIME IS A CONSTRUCT?!?!?!

Caesar Saladin posted:

me too man. i'm generally inclined to enjoy movies, people seem to go into movies with a very cynical mindset but i'm just looking for what I like.

Yeah, same. I enjoy stuff for the most part so long as the acting is good. I'm always painting Warhammer when I watch stuff anyway, unless it's something I've been looking forward to.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

remigious posted:

I think this movie was, like others have said, dumb but fun. IMO really suffers from the lack of Larry and Hugo.

They were definitely missed. I didn't follow any news about the movie so I was sort of left wondering while watching.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Professor Shark posted:

I'm always painting Warhammer when I watch stuff anyway, unless it's something I've been looking forward to.

Hmm perhaps paint fumes would improve the Matrix 4 experience

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Katamari Democracy posted:

The Merovingian cracked me the gently caress up ngl

Face-Zucker-suck and cock-me-climatey-Wiki-piss-and-poo poo

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
They should have made it Matrix 4D and then filled the theater with stinkbombs (the fourth dimension is smell)

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Or called it Matrix 40DD and made the movie about plus sized women with big cans

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
incredible that keanu got the blonde guy from bill and ted in another movie

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Who What Now posted:

Or called it Matrix 40DD and made the movie about plus sized women with big cans

This.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

im an hour and a half into it and this movie sucks balls

it has a halfway interesting first 20 minutes and then is bad

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

ElectricSheep posted:

Face-Zucker-suck and cock-me-climatey-Wiki-piss-and-poo poo
So, for people who love this scene, was it supposed to legit break the fourth wall like Deadpool?
Like, he's referencing stuff from our modern world. Is there a Mark Zuckerberg in the Matrix continuity and if so, he's specifically referring to the person from the human past before it became the Matrix for some reason?

I somewhat enjoyed the first 1/3rd where it was just a generic parody of sequel retooling and corporate poo poo and I could believe that the robots would frame the humans' experiences as a movie/video game. Just that this part was going past that into full "this kinda doesn't make sense within the movie logic right now" territory.

JazzFlight fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Dec 25, 2021

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

bro

what the gently caress is KUJAKU lmfao this poo poo is rear end

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

balls deep in my SEBAYBAY plushie

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

JazzFlight posted:

So, for people who love this scene, was it supposed to legit break the fourth wall like Deadpool?
Like, he's referencing stuff from our modern world. Is there a Mark Zuckerberg in the Matrix continuity and if so, he's specifically referring to the person from the human past before it became the Matrix for some reason?

I somewhat enjoyed the first 1/3rd where it was just a generic parody of sequel retooling and corporate poo poo and I could believe that the robots would frame the humans' experiences as a movie/video game. Just that this part was going past that into full "this kinda doesn't make sense within the movie logic right now" territory.

if you can't figure this out yourself it means you're trapped in a matrix dude. you got matrix all over ya...you better hit the showers.

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
The Merovingian really went from Wine to Wino am I right?

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Sourdough Sam posted:

The Merovingian really went from Wine to Wino am I right?

Question for a friend, can he still make orgasm cake?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
There's a scene where fat Neo (don't ask) starts shoveling them cakes into his mouth

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Neo got cucked literally by a guy named Chad.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

before I sat down to watch it I challenged myself with a "let's try to watch this without getting annoyed." it freed me from getting caught up in all the 'cringe' bits and left me pondering a movie that was a unique blend of sincere and cynical. It really wanted to take the time to address just about any type of relationship someone might have with the matrix instead of relying on a tight narrative like the first film did-- but it's not the first film and it knows that. I genuinely enjoyed what this movie had to criticize and it felt very earnest in its criticisms.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

hell astro course posted:

before I sat down to watch it I challenged myself with a "let's try to watch this without getting annoyed." it freed me from getting caught up in all the 'cringe' bits and left me pondering a movie that was a unique blend of sincere and cynical. It really wanted to take the time to address just about any type of relationship someone might have with the matrix instead of relying on a tight narrative like the first film did-- but it's not the first film and it knows that. I genuinely enjoyed what this movie had to criticize and it felt very earnest in its criticisms.

thats cool how did you feel about KUJAKU the robot stingray that flew down into Io apropos of nothing

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Ichabod Tane posted:

thats cool how did you feel about KUJAKU the robot stingray that flew down into Io apropos of nothing

I thought "wonder what that's all about. guess maybe somebody really like the lil robot human gardner bugs. Zion got cancelled and they all live in an etsy colony now."

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I guess I really really don't care if the movie I am watching criticises anything or not

I guess what I'm all about is good characters, a cool story and narrative and neat action scenes. Of which this movie did not deliver, it seems

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat

Ichabod Tane posted:

bro

what the gently caress is KUJAKU lmfao this poo poo is rear end
welcome to "io" it's like "zion" but with less typing. do you like our organic strawberries, neo? ball bearing morpheus grew them himself under these artificial lights that plants grow under, a sort of "grow light" if you will

i kept expecting dr. horrible to start dancing and be all "why tell you about my evil plan, mr, anderson....when I can sing about it!"

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Novo posted:

welcome to "io" it's like "zion" but with less typing. do you like our organic strawberries, neo? ball bearing morpheus grew them himself under these artificial lights that plants grow under, a sort of "grow light" if you will

i kept expecting dr. horrible to start dancing and be all "why tell you about my evil plan, mr, anderson....when I can sing about it!"

i honestly thought it was a metaphor for trying to run your online teespring/etsy/youtubechannel. here you go humans have your lil colony but at what cost. is there any way to escape the dang matrix?

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
I agree that my children are an illusion holding me back from flying

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Matrix only had one metaphor and it's shooting dudes in slo-mo. It represents shooting dudes in slo-mo

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

im neo fighting, what I imagine, people think NYC graffiti artists look like or, the lost children of Hook. idk, you decide

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

you guys are all talking about how dumnb the matrix is but it's sounding kinda rad

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Neo's civilian identity had been fully named in this movie and it's not Andre's son. It's Matt Ricks

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Professor Shark posted:

you guys are all talking about how dumnb the matrix is but it's sounding kinda rad

It’s extremely rad actually

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

HD DAD posted:

It’s extremely rad actually

:hmmyes:

Going to watch it again later today. Easily the best Matrix sequel, although thats an extremely low bar to set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

after i finished watching this i already had an urge to rewatch it. took me a little bit at the beginning to realize what they were going for with their meta-commentary but i ended up loving it. action sequences were kinda boring though.

NPH was probably the best part of the movie