Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

Re: Montreal

https://mobile.twitter.com/NHLInjuryViz/status/1477648705125863426

These Man Games Lost counts do not consider Weber (retired) nor Price (Player assistance program) in the counts either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Looking at the 08-09 Rangers team, six players played all 82 games, another four played 81. Colton Orr played all 82 games that year, as well as next year for the Leafs, while having 20 fights per year.

That was one of four consecutive years where Lundqvist played 70 or more games.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/fakenewsshater/status/1478447746973454339?s=21

Lmaooooooooooo

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

excited for darryl sutter and mike babcock to mumble at each other

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

lmao also that's not at all what Friedman said

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

lmao also that's not at all what Friedman said

Um his twitter name states that he hates fake news.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
LOL the Devils brought Holtz up again and are playing him with Geersten.... What is even the point.

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
https://theathletic.com/news/winter-classic-tied-for-most-watched-nhl-regular-season-game-on-cable-with-14-million-viewers/zAQaAfjxYRMJ/

quote:

The 2022 Winter Classic on New Year's Day became the most-watched cable NHL regular-season game of all time. The TNT broadcast drew 1.4 million viewers, which also makes it the most-watched NHL game thus far for the 2021-22 season on any network.
this is an incredibly positive spin to put on the least watched winter classic ever lol

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I bet it holds the record for most people who changed the channel during the second period.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Being a non-competitive game on a new channel and in the midst of an all-timer of a Rose Bowl game had to hurt it bad too.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

:lol:
Great work Gary

For comparison (pulled from wikipedia)
code:
2020	1.97m
2019    2.97m
2018	2.48m
2017	2.557m
2016    2.8m
2015	3.47m
2014	4.404m

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
but hey how about that first intermission entertainment, that keeps butts in seats

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
It's almost like the league overdid the outdoor game gimmick and casual fans stopped regarding it as special and stopped paying much attention to it, or something

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

They've absolutely beaten the outdoor games to death and I really think they gotta get away from doing it on New Years day too. the bowls are a juggernaut and the Rose at its peak this year had just under 20 million.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/DimFilipovic/status/1478531552476684291

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The TV broadcast is fine, the announcers endlessly exclaiming how rare and special and "back to roots" the game is gets pretty tiring but announcers in general need to gently caress off and die.

I don't know why anyone would pay to be in the stadium though. Watching ants play hockey on a postage stamp is loving horrid.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The ratings only matter to the broadcaster, the league got paid.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

:allears:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

McCauley owns lmao

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

I laughed so hard when he announced that. I was finishing up some work and looked up from my laptop and rewinded it just to rehear him. Great stuff Wes.

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?

xzzy posted:

I don't know why anyone would pay to be in the stadium though. Watching ants play hockey on a postage stamp is loving horrid.

I got to see the UM vs MSU game at the big house and it owned, however:
i was in drunk before the game started and
i was in the lower bowl but not so far down i the view lines sucked.
Also, UM destroyed MSU.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

at least in baseball stadiums you're not half a mile away (more a quarter mile, but...)

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

NFL games in person are horrendous, all the time spent watching the players mill around while TV ads are running is jarring and maddening. An experience I tried once and you couldn't pay me $2000 to try again.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
The announcer in this Sharks/Red-Wings games.

"Bertuzzi is the only unvaccinated player in the league but he's still getting it done!"

loving christ.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah football in person, especially NFL football, is fuckin miserable compared to the TV product.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Red Wings just passed 100 straight games without a shorthanded goal, so naturally they just scored twice on the same penalty kill.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

DJExile posted:

Yeah football in person, especially NFL football, is fuckin miserable compared to the TV product.

The tv product is garbage too. It’s like 60% commercials and 30% watching people stand around

The obvious solution to all these problems is to build 4 hockey rinks on a football field and have a week long, 32 team single elimination tournament. Count all the matchups as regular season games to eliminate the backlog.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

In principle I like watching NFL...but way too many commercial, stoppages, flags, etc.
I last about 20 minutes before I get bored (which translates to about 4 minutes of actual playing time)

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Football's pretty great if you can avoid knowing results and watch it in "Condensed game" format the following day. This is also mostly how I watch hockey but at least when you watch hockey live it's nonstop action except for the scheduled 5-10-15 2-minute TV breaks and 17 minute intermission. In hockey you get 60 minutes of game action in a little over 2 hours typically, in the NFL you get literally about 15-20 minutes of game action (because the clock keeps running between most plays) in 3 hours or more. Even loving baseball offers a higher ratio of actual action to guys just standing around than NFL football does.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
The only way to watch the NFL during the regular season is Red Zone with Scott Hanson. Going in person is bleh. Hockey in person is great.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
I saw Dreger report that the Coyotes are apparently looking for a "Jack Eichel haul" for Jakob Chychrun. Now, obviously this is negotiating through the media and all that, so they're not actually expecting Chychrun to be valued as Eichel. But how insane is that? I don't exactly see a lot of Coyotes games. How good is Chychrun?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Hand Knit posted:

I saw Dreger report that the Coyotes are apparently looking for a "Jack Eichel haul" for Jakob Chychrun. Now, obviously this is negotiating through the media and all that, so they're not actually expecting Chychrun to be valued as Eichel. But how insane is that? I don't exactly see a lot of Coyotes games. How good is Chychrun?

He’s their only player of any major value at this point, he could fetch a good haul.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Hand Knit posted:

He's been having a real rough year this year and living off of name recognition. That said, last year, he was the team's leading goal scorer with 18, played all 56 games, and has managed to put up positive corsi the previous 4 seasons. It's not a stretch to think he could easily bounce back on a team that isn't pairing him with Ilya Lyubushkin and be on a 40+ point pace again.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Chychrun is having a garbage season just like everyone else on the Coyotes but it wasn't that long ago that people said he looked like a guy who could win a Norris one day. He's been a legit first pairing defenseman for years and he's only 23. I don't know if an Eichel level haul is realistic but he shouldn't/won't come cheap to whoever trades for him.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

DJExile posted:

He’s their only player of any major value at this point, he could fetch a good haul.

Keller is solid. I don't think he'd get the same haul, but I think teams should be interested.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

An Eichel level haul isn't very much!

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/scottcwheeler/status/1478572368448700420?s=21

Tried to sneak those last two in there

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Powershift posted:

The obvious solution to all these problems is to build 4 hockey rinks on a football field and have a week long, 32 team single elimination tournament. Count all the matchups as regular season games to eliminate the backlog.

That's two of us with this dream. If they want to tap into nostalgia and get back to how kids played growing up, that's what you do. Just a massive weekend hockey tournament.

Count the wins as regular season but make it a fake tournament where the team with the best record gets a cash bonus or a new trophy or whatever.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

DJExile posted:

I dunno, I went to a game at Lambeau once and it was one of the best sports experiences I've ever had. Go to CFL games pretty often too, they're a blast. Maybe because I'm already a fan of the sport?

Live hockey is pretty drat great too. Bringing friends to OHL games and sitting in the corner is such a treat watching them react to the hits.

Live sports are awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
https://twitter.com/NHLGIFs/status/1478580404504481793?s=20

sick