Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

finally a good metroid prime game at gdq

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

JethroMcB posted:

Prime Hunters reminds me that there were more than a couple of DS/3DS games in mainline Nintendo series that I will simply never play because the controls were so off-putting to me at the time that I didn't even give them a chance

Hunters really isn't worth playing. The singleplayer is like Metroid Prime with worse design and devoid of a lot of the interesting stuff. The main draw of the game was the online multiplayer, which was a novelty coming from a Nintendo console at the time.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

metroid prime sucks

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

rocket jumping pog

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Shardy posted:

If you open up the little window at the top of the wall, you can reach outside without having to leave the basement. But that's more of a credits warp from the title screen kind of thing

If you're opening it up to new game plus you can start with the grass in your inventory, bringing your time down to near-instantaneous.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

i spent many many hours playing mp hunters multiplayer with my friends at lunch in jr high

its not best metroid game by any stretch but i have a lot of nostalgia for it

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Always enjoying seeing Mr. Shasta run or commentate, he's just always enjoying himself so much.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

shasta owns

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Gort posted:

How do you begin to learn Nioh 2, anyway? I was kinda overwhelmed with the sheer number of things in that game when I last gave it a shot.

i'd just pick a weapon, pick a guardian spirit with stats that favors that weapon and the yokai form you like, and go to town

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
This weapon is busted and now so is this game, RIP Metroid Prime Hunters.

loopsheloop
Oct 22, 2010
slept through nioh 2 whoopsies! this Metroid runner is cool, they are gaslighting me into thinking Metroid prime hunters looks like a good game

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
I still can't believe that demolishing of Nioh 2 in 90 minutes. I keep meaning to go back to it again and maybe I just need to Embrace The Axe.

also :v: at MPH being broken over Shasta's knee. This whole game was such a goofy project.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

asking for a ban on use of the word gaslighting in itt for the rest of the marathon.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
"Setting a PB in having fun." :3:

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

HAPPY AGDQ, EVERYONE!!!!

Excited for a fun week.

None of the Yetee shirts appeal to me, so I guess i’ll continue my streak of not getting anything from them. That black-on-black GDQ hoodie from Fangamer is calling my name, though.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I was thinking of either the blue Stardew valley one or the green Actraiser one, but yeah none of them are jumping at me in a similar way than aforementioned Shades or the Shape up! shirts from earlier years.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Hell ye, Shasta time!

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

This guy is having a blast playing the game and it's very endearing.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

why wouldnt he be having fun, the game is good

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Agent355 posted:

This guy is having a blast playing the game and it's very endearing.

It reminds me of that Spider-Man game from the last GDQ (I think it was also a DS game?) where the runner was just having SO MUCH FUN playing and it was infectious.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Agrias120 posted:

It reminds me of that Spider-Man game from the last GDQ (I think it was also a DS game?) where the runner was just having SO MUCH FUN playing and it was infectious.

That was Jaxler playing Spider-man: Shattered dimensions (?) at AGDQ 2021 and he's also in this event playing Pumpkin Jack.

Unfortunately that's like 6 AM for me but I'll be sure to watch it later.

loopsheloop
Oct 22, 2010
"that's a full oopsie doopsie from me" :allears:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Shasta is one of the nicest runners to watch ever

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

JethroMcB posted:

Prime Hunters reminds me that there were more than a couple of DS/3DS games in mainline Nintendo series that I will simply never play because the controls were so off-putting to me at the time that I didn't even give them a chance

Really wish they’d rerelease Kid Icarus Uprising with dual analogue controls.

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

I was very disappointed with Hunters back in the day. I'd read about how great the Prime games were and all the cool upgrades they have and how there's at least a half-way decent plot. I didn't have a gamecube so I got Hunters and... it doesn't really have any of that. Yeah, there are technical limitations, and the fact that they had online multiplayer is really impressive, but the campaign was really underwhelming. But this is a really entertaining run, Shasta's doing a good job.

Agrias120 posted:

The absolute best GDQ run I've ever seen was Funkmastermp's Diablo run back in 2018. The run itself is ok, mostly just looking for good RNG, but both he and his commentators had an absolute blast.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Comrade Fakename posted:

But then it wouldn't be "The game you need three hands to play"

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

hunters is win

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Comrade Fakename posted:

Yeah I own it and maybe played it once, but I didn't try committing to it then. Never tried it with the included stand, though.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

That's all from me ... oh right, my incentive!

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Internet Kraken posted:

Unless I'm completely out of the loop Omnicron wasn't really a thing globally until like 2 months ago so it would of been pretty last minute to cancel based on that.

The announced it would be online back in September, so I assume the poster meant it was when Delta started ramping up, not Omicron. This was before they even opened up submissions for the event, so it was much more of reading the writing on the wall than a last minute decision.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Looks like the tech forgot about the incentive too

Well, GG anyway!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
bonus game - add the game to the schedule

sounds awesome can't wait to see that one

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

The Gami extension GDQ is running on the stream is super neat.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Cartridgeblowers posted:

I do not know what that is but it looks cool'

Oh yeah yeah, on the Twitch page. I was watching via Streamlink.

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

site posted:

bonus game - add the game to the schedule

sounds awesome can't wait to see that one

this is your fault for pointing it out in the first place

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Cartridgeblowers posted:

Where is this thingy, I've always wanted to know what the current records were when I watched any given run.

I was watching on the GDQ page but if it' on twitch I"ll go over there, I assume it's hiding right now because they're doing a incentive push.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

UraniumAnchor posted:

this is your fault for pointing it out in the first place

^

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Agent355 posted:

Where is this thingy, I've always wanted to know what the current records were when I watched any given run.

I was watching on the GDQ page but if it' on twitch I"ll go over there, I assume it's hiding right now because they're doing a incentive push.

On Twitch itself. If you hover over the feed it'll be a little purple G on the side.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Those weapon replicas look so neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

My five year old is obsessed with Donkey Kong from playing Mario Kart so I think it’s actually cool that in a few we can both watch DKC2 being ran