Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Bloodly posted:

None, exactly. As I understand it the Opera House is both genuine and a kind of cover for assassination. I'm not sure if I have the right of it exactly.
some of those sopranos can kick like a mule

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
I'm a bit saddened since personally Golden Deer are my overall favorite. I do hope that you have the relevant DLC for the black eagles route since it's actually pretty interesting, although I don't recall if it was one of the free ones...

Also, can't believe all of you dunking on Ferdy, the worst you could say about him is he's naive and overconfident. He's a good person and it shows in pretty much every support with him. Strongly suggest making him a dancer, once you get the chance to do so. It's both funny and incredibly effective because you can stack his dodge sky-high with a sword as dancer thanks to his personal skill.

I would advise, just to make the game easier for yourself, poaching Lysithea ASAP. She is the strongest mage in the game by several magnitudes and will be incredibly useful as one of the only units with access to dark spikes, aka "All Horses Must Die".

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
They're playing on Normal/Casual, they could literally auto-battle the entire game and probably have little trouble. Just let them do whatever, it'll be fine.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Obligatum VII posted:

I'm a bit saddened since personally Golden Deer are my overall favorite. I do hope that you have the relevant DLC for the black eagles route since it's actually pretty interesting, although I don't recall if it was one of the free ones...

That is free DLC fortunately, although the route benefits a lot from Constance in the paid DLC.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Yeah, in this game, normal is easy, hard is normal, and maddening is very hard.

dimenticon
Jun 16, 2014

Me irl, whatever, who cares
It would be interesting to see them go through the Paid DLC/Cindered Shadows side-story, especially since they're on the shortest route already. That being said, I haven't played it myself so have no idea how badly it interrupts the main story's flow, or how relevant those side-story characters remain once it's over.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

dimenticon posted:

It would be interesting to see them go through the Paid DLC/Cindered Shadows side-story, especially since they're on the shortest route already. That being said, I haven't played it myself so have no idea how badly it interrupts the main story's flow, or how relevant those side-story characters remain once it's over.

It's completely separate from the main game. And it kinda assumes you already completed at least one route.

However, you only need to play up to chapter 2 to unlock Constance.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'm glad they're addressing the uneven weapon racks because boy howdy does it suck when one side gets shock rifles and yours isn't it. Turned a lot of my friends off the game altogether and just went back to MCC

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

dimenticon posted:

It's basically a mini alternate campaign set sometime in the first half of the game. The big thing is that like all the campaigns, it has some big old spoilers for other routes in it, so they probably want to finish at least one of them first.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

RBA Starblade posted:

I'm glad they're addressing the uneven weapon racks because boy howdy does it suck when one side gets shock rifles and yours isn't it. Turned a lot of my friends off the game altogether and just went back to MCC

Blehh is def more of a needler user.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

They're playing on Normal/Casual, they could literally auto-battle the entire game and probably have little trouble. Just let them do whatever, it'll be fine.

While you are correct that you could pretty much sleepwalk through normal, I would argue that it is still viscerally fun to explode enemies for absurd amounts of damage and everyone should get to experience that.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Kuvo posted:

Blehh is def more of a needler user.

Lmao whoops

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Obligatum VII posted:

While you are correct that you could pretty much sleepwalk through normal, I would argue that it is still viscerally fun to explode enemies for absurd amounts of damage and everyone should get to experience that.

I would mention its a blind playthrough for Kuvo at least so dropping large "get this person wink wink" hints isn't very cool.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Lecture 005 - I care nothing of friendship

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

I set fire to the rain watched it pour as I touched your face
Gatekeeper is so beloved that he won last year's popularity contest in the Fire Emblem mobile game. Download the DLC so you can meet his gay doppelganger.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Hell yeah, wandering around the monastery talking to people, ie 60% of this game's gameplay

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

You can totally give Hanneman some blood if you touch his crest analyzer, and I think he deserves some, as a treat

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Putting Bleh in basically any other outfit really downgrades the Titty Situation so there’s just something about her default outfit that really accentuates them.

I’ve gotten like 3 other of my friends to play Three Houses and they ALL mentioned either the rediculous leggings or her bomb rear end bappers at first sight :v:

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Bleh isn't just stacked, she has the second largest chest in the game, the only person larger is the Pope herself.

Fire Emblem Heroes had a lot of summer bikini DLC.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

The Shame Boy posted:

Putting Bleh in basically any other outfit really downgrades the Titty Situation so there’s just something about her default outfit that really accentuates them.

I’ve gotten like 3 other of my friends to play Three Houses and they ALL mentioned either the rediculous leggings or her bomb rear end bappers at first sight :v:

Judge Tesla posted:

Bleh isn't just stacked, she has the second largest chest in the game, the only person larger is the Pope herself.

Fire Emblem Heroes had a lot of summer bikini DLC.

spoilers for horny

and in text form https://pastebin.com/7kEh34SY

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
"Bleh". Understandable.

Byleth's name is significant.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beleth
https://mythus.fandom.com/wiki/Beleth

He/she is effectively a 'demon of love'.

Similar is also true of the mother's name, Sitri.

https://genies.fandom.com/wiki/Sitri

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Apr 13, 2022

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Bloodly posted:

"Bleh". Understandable.

Byleth's name is significant.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beleth
https://mythus.fandom.com/wiki/Beleth

He/she is effectively a 'demon of love'.

Ah, I see how the Fire Emblem creators heard about it

(To their credit, they're a lot better about it in this game than Fates)

Tenebrais fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Apr 13, 2022

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

quote:

Voice actor controversy

In July of 2019, the former voice actor for the male variant of Byleth, Chris Niosi, was alleged to having physically and emotionally abused his friends, significant others, and colleagues, to which he admitted to on social media. A statement from one of his ex-girlfriends claimed he would seek out roles for television and video games for media one of his victims enjoyed as a form of emotional abuse, she also claimed this included his role for Byleth which he used to mock said victim suggesting he would inevitably voice the character in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

Niosi's name was removed from the credits of Three Houses and Heroes by Nintendo for violating an NDA and discussing his role prior to the game's launch. In September of 2019 he was replaced by Zach Aguilar, and his lines re-recorded. It was speculated that Niosi was also removed for the abuse he admitted to.[11][12][13][14][15]
Jesus loving Christ!
More evidence that FemBlehh is best Blehh.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Yeah I don't know who MaleBlehh is, I've never seen them in-game at all.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Lecture 006 - Lasagna lunch

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

I have no idea why I fell in love with this game, but I'll be damned if I didn't. Maybe it's because the Black Eagles reminded me so much of high school theater club.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

White Coke posted:

Are there any noble students who aren't just the heir to some title but have already inherited it? They're young enough they could have a regent running things for them so it probably wouldn't matter, but it seems like the sort of thing teenagers would lord over each other.

Dimitri technically. His dad's dead and he's the crown prince but his Uncle is running things as regent until he's old enough. Technically if he wanted to he could walk up and go "Hey, King me" and be King then (and some people want him to so he stops wasting everyone's time) but he's not going for it yet.

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

Dimitri technically. His dad's dead and he's the crown prince but his Uncle is running things as regent until he's old enough. Technically if he wanted to he could walk up and go "Hey, King me" and be King then (and some people want him to so he stops wasting everyone's time) but he's not going for it yet.

The other requirement to being king is that he brush his hair first :v:

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Odd Wilson posted:

The other requirement to being king is that he brush his hair first :v:

Why, it works for Boris Johnson, he's never brushed his hair!

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
And he isn't king :smugdon:

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

IIRC, the reason he doesn't is because he is, according to tradition, not quite old enough yet? And he refuses to go against that.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Grammarchist posted:

I have no idea why I fell in love with this game, but I'll be damned if I didn't. Maybe it's because the Black Eagles reminded me so much of high school theater club.

What makes you say that? All of the houses seem melodramatic as only attention seeking teenagers can be. Why do the Black Eagles stand out?

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

There is an answer to that, but it is probably bigtime spoilers. If you look at trailers for 3H you'll probably see some hints, though.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

White Coke posted:

What makes you say that? All of the houses seem melodramatic as only attention seeking teenagers can be. Why do the Black Eagles stand out?

It does help they have a literal theater/opera kid with Dorethea.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

avoraciopoctules posted:

There is an answer to that, but it is probably bigtime spoilers. If you look at trailers for 3H you'll probably see some hints, though.

Wait, I don't actually know the plot of this game, just what some friends who've played it told me (mostly that Edelgard is the main character). Do the Black Eagles become a traveling theatre troupe? Do they join the circus?!

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Sorry, the circus troupe aren't Black Eagle characters.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Vavrek posted:

Wait, I don't actually know the plot of this game, just what some friends who've played it told me (mostly that Edelgard is the main character). Do the Black Eagles become a traveling theatre troupe? Do they join the circus?!

Edelgard isn't the main character, she's the primary Lord character of the Black Eagles path but Claude and Dimitri are equally as important.

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

White Coke posted:

It might be that my theatre club in high school literally had a short kid who was huge into wrestling and wanted to be Hulk Hogan, a foreign exchange student and goth kid who was older than the rest of us.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Judge Tesla posted:

Edelgard isn't the main character, she's the primary Lord character of the Black Eagles path but Claude and Dimitri are equally as important.

not in my heart :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

lunar detritus posted:

Judge Tesla posted:

not in my heart :allears:

See, this is what I mean. I'm aware that Claude is a cool supporting character, and Needs-to-Brush-his-Hair is also in the game, but Edelgard is the main character.