Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Ffs I swear to god Brady better at least win one game this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

disagree, it would be far funnier if tom brady is somehow never able to slay the perfidious catholic dragon

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I didn't realize how much Loomis gave up to draft Olave and Penning.

quote:

TOTAL DRAFT CURRENCY TRADED TO ACQUIRE OLAVE AND PENNING

2022 picks:
Round 1, No. 16 overall
Round 1, No. 18
Round 3, No. 98
Round 3, No. 101
Round 4, No. 120
Round 7, No. 237

2023 pick:
Round 1

2024 pick:
Round 2

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

wandler20 posted:

I didn't realize how much Loomis gave up to draft Olave and Penning.

If they pan out, no one will really care though. If they don’t, it’ll be the Davenport argument all over again.

They picked up a slew of UDFAs, and got the two main players they wanted. Olave probably wouldn’t have lasted until pick 16 considering the run that happened, so is it worth a third and fourth to move up five spots and get who you want? Sure. I’d have done that in 2017 in a heartbeat to move up to 9 from 11 to get Mahomes in hindsight.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

Silly Burrito posted:

If they pan out, no one will really care though. If they don’t, it’ll be the Davenport argument all over again.

They picked up a slew of UDFAs, and got the two main players they wanted. Olave probably wouldn’t have lasted until pick 16 considering the run that happened, so is it worth a third and fourth to move up five spots and get who you want? Sure. I’d have done that in 2017 in a heartbeat to move up to 9 from 11 to get Mahomes in hindsight.

And it's not like the 11 was a miss.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

MJBuddy posted:

And it's not like the 11 was a miss.

No, they got a pretty decent guy at 11 anyway.

I’m not totally discounting the third and fourth because we’ve gotten some slightly decent players like Kamara and Graham with third round picks. But if you really want a specific player, go get him. Truth be told when it was first announced I was sure they gave up both 16 and 19 to move up, so I’m glad they didn’t.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Just seems like the Saints could greatly benefit from some rookie contracts. I guess they're convinced they can win now with Jameis. They should be a playoff team (in a weak NFC) tho and after that anything can happen.

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy
One thing the Saints do better than any team is getting UDFAs. The issue is when those UDFAs have to start multiple games in important positions.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Thankfully the Bucs are good enough at drafting to not need UDFAs.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Teams drafting punters in the 4th round makes me assume that everything after the third round is trash and a team should trade infinity 4th rounders to move up 3 spots in the first round

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

wandler20 posted:

Thankfully the Bucs are good enough at drafting to not need UDFAs.

All you need is a hall of fame GOAT and his friends to join your team. Easy peasy. Why doesn’t everyone do that???

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

PostNouveau posted:

Teams drafting punters in the 4th round makes me assume that everything after the third round is trash and a team should trade infinity 4th rounders to move up 3 spots in the first round

A bunch of teams seems to agree these days. After round 2 it’s all UFDA equivalents, sorry Alvin but Pierre Thomas and Lance Moore were great too.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

PostNouveau posted:

Yes, absolutely. Look at your starting roster, I bet most are third round picks or higher.

Silly Burrito posted:

All you need is a hall of fame GOAT and his friends to join your team. Easy peasy. Why doesn’t everyone do that???

That's a great question.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.
Saints have a decent time bringing in UDFA because they have a top 5 special teams coach and a long history of turning those special teamers into pro bowlers and keeping them around for years. So if you want to go some place where you can stick for a few years the Saints will bring you in and happily let you walk in FA for money.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I miss the days when my team could always hit on at least one position out of the blue no matter what. Hopefully fitterer can bring that seattle bullshit of late round defensive backs becoming outstanding.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

Worked for y’all too seems pretty simple

e: does Brees have any friends?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Joey Freshwater posted:

Jimmy John

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Joey Freshwater posted:

Sy Sperling

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Thanks for the cheap upgrade at RG Bill!

https://twitter.com/PewterReport/status/1524440334977183750?s=20&t=DM3WYEas72c8rrm7Qr_BQA

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Nice

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Looks like a couple Bucs games have leaked.

Week 1 @ Dallas
Week 16 @ Arizona on Christmas

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

wandler20 posted:

Looks like a couple Bucs games have leaked.

Week 1 @ Dallas
Week 16 @ Arizona on Christmas

Fox’s first America’s Game of the Week with their brand new crew I guess.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
NEW ORLEANS SAINTS 2022 SCHEDULE

Week 1 (Sep. 11): at Falcons, noon
Week 2 (Sep. 18): vs. Buccaneers, noon
Week 3 (Sep. 25): at Panthers
Week 4 (Oct. 2): vs. Vikings (London), 8:30 a.m.
Week 5 (Oct. 9): vs. Seahawks, noon
Week 6 (Oct. 16): vs. Bengals, noon
Week 7 (Oct. 20, Thursday): at Cardinals
Week 8 (Oct. 30): vs Raiders, noon
Week 9 (Nov. 7, Monday): vs. Ravens (MNF), 7:15pm
Week 10 (Nov. 13): at Steelers, noon
Week 11 (Nov. 20): vs. Rams
Week 12 (Nov. 27): at 49ers, 3:25 p.m.
Week 13 (Dec. 5, Monday): at Buccaneers, 7:15pm
Week 14 (Dec. 11): Bye
Week 15 (Dec. 18) vs Falcons
Week 16 (Dec. 24, Saturday): at Browns, noon
Week 17 (Jan. 1): at Eagles
Week 18 (Jan. 8): vs Panthers

That week 14 bye is probably one of the latest we've ever had. And to start with the Falcons? :discourse:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Glass half full. Bucs are getting both the Chiefs and Packers early in the season while they have to still adjust to their prior seasons offenses having been obliterated by losing their league best game breaking receivers. And the Packers losing their #2 guy as well.

And it being week 3 and 4 and not 1 and 2 is better because there will be tape to watch.

Conversely the Cardinals collapse down the stretch every single year so the Bucs getting them in week 16 is good.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Oof, Bucs first four are brutal.

@Dallas
@NO
Vs. GB
Vs. KC

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Atlanta going 0-17

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

wandler20 posted:

Oof, Bucs first four are brutal.

@Dallas
@NO
Vs. GB
Vs. KC

3-1 at worst.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Saints getting Jarvis, nice get for them.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
:woop:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Thank goodness. Now Jameis has weapons at WR and RB. It’s up to him.

https://twitter.com/MikeClayNFL/status/1525215142010576896

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
lol Trautman ain't getting targetted nearly as much as Landry come on now

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

PostNouveau posted:

lol Trautman ain't getting targetted nearly as much as Landry come on now

It’s all TEs I guess and that includes Taysom so :shrug:.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

It’s all TEs I guess and that includes Taysom so :shrug:.

We're converting Taysom to a blocking TE

Get in there kid

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
https://twitter.com/nick_underhill/status/1525212845322936320

https://twitter.com/nick_underhill/status/1525212620806139905

That’s pretty amazing to go from last year’s bag o crap at WR to having Olave or Landry as your WR3.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Day 1 of Panthers rookie camp and all the beat writers are just penciling in Ickey at Left Tackle.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I hope Jarvis Landry can fill Lil'Jordan Humphrey's shoes

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

Day 1 of Panthers rookie camp and all the beat writers are just penciling in Ickey at Left Tackle.

I mean at this point you kind of have to right?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

BlindSite posted:

I mean at this point you kind of have to right?

There was talk of leaving Christensen at LT and letting ickey just maul people at LG (he played LG in college as well and excelled) but all the beat writers took one look at him and said “lol”

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Putting a bunch of popular 30 year olds on your skill lots is a great way to put asses in seats, not so much for building for the future. If they O-Line can't keep Winston upright, and Winston himself can't make good decisions, this is going to be a shitshow long term

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

A.o.D. posted:

Putting a bunch of popular 30 year olds on your skill lots is a great way to put asses in seats, not so much for building for the future. If they O-Line can't keep Winston upright, and Winston himself can't make good decisions, this is going to be a shitshow long term

I mean, one year, six million dollars isn't going to kill them. And they literally just spent a first round pick on a WR.

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1525254594737078274